Greatest Song Of The 90's?

Asuka's Gonna Kill You

Smells Like Teen Spirit defined an entire generation, how was it not the biggest song of the '90's?

Because most of us are regretting that happening (even when we had no chance to), right Squancho?

Second, the topic is the greatest song of the 90s and that song was far from it. It wasn't even Nirvana's best song. (Lithium was the best, IMO)

I agree with many others who have said Hurt by NIN-- Johnny Cash's cover and haunting music video are amazing as well.

The song is with ease one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard and strangely tell two completely different stories ranging on who is performing them.

Guest Downloading_Man

In the UK charts the last band to have real success with real music was Oasis, and there best song of all was Wonderwall...from the greatest album of all time 'Whats The Story (Morning Glory)'

I have to admit to being ignorant to alot of the suggestions made, but I find it hard to believe they are better than what Oasis were putting out at there peak.

Despite the fact that its a song I really like, I still think SMTS is way over-rated. Everyone says it defined an era, and ushered in a new wave of music...but I must have missed that completly. It may be hard for them to accept, but grunge wasn't really as big as people make out.

Oh, one more thing, do whatever you can to help kill pop music. It really must be stopped. I can only recall 1 (thats ONE!) chart topping song I've even found acceptable, this millenium. (Oasis - Hindu Times). In the future this will be seen as the dark ages of the music scene.

Hurt is fucking kickass. I have to admit I prefer the Johnny Cash version, but NIN's is fucking excellent.

For sheer drunken markout value... A.D.I.D.A.S. by KoRn.

Not sure if we're in the right time frame, but ANYTHING by Suicidal Tendencies.

Rooster by Alice in Chains is the best 'Grunge' song. Pearl Jam and Nirvana are overrated. If a shitty band like Creed can imitate your sound, you aren't that great.

As for hip hop... Do For Love by Tupac, Murder Was the Case (That they gave me) by Snoop, Fucking You Tonight by Biggy, and anything by Westside Connection.