World Wrestling Federation in 1992

maddog

Guest Prototype

Good show. The Anvil turn took me by surprise. I see some 6-man matches coming from that. Good to see Savage make an impact. So will Bret be fighting HBK in a Last Man Standing or Ironman match? The Superstars preiew says Ironman.

The Wrestling Report

Week in Review

by Jim Ryker

Well folks.. The past week has been all buildup for the WWF, as well as it was for WCW. WWF is doing Royal Rumble while WCW does counters it with Clash of the Champions on TBS.

Let's take a look at the major promotions and major highlights.

WCW: WCW is really suffering without Flair and it shows on TV. With Dusty Rhodes as their head booker, matters aren't getting better. While guys Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Mick "Cactus Jack" Foley and Tom "Z-Man" Zenk are being pushed aside, Ron Simmons is given World Title runs. Although Simmons is good, Austin should be getting built up as a contender for a World Title.

WWF: The top two stars in the wrestling world are in this fed. Ric Flair, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, and Hulk Hogan, the last WWF World Heavyweight Champion are fueding and Randy Savage is getting into the mix is just great. The Jim Neidhart turn caught me by surprise. Jake Roberts seems to be getting the push he wanted and... Steve Lombardi isn't jobbing. A new direction for WWF?

In hiring/firing news, check this out.

An inside source told me that the man who was at ringside is none other then a clean shaven, blond haired, Ray Rougeau! He seems to be playing an agent for Rick Martel. My source didn't tell me if Ray would be keeping his name and this source has lied to me before so I wouldn't count on it.

The Border Wrestling Association division of the WWF has went on a hiring spree. The BWA is a developmental territory where WWF wrestlers healing from injury go to work off their ring rust.

According to my WCW sources, Andre the Giant was booked to work a few dates, but it is not confirmed yet.

Now for other promotion news...

GWF: Max Andrews' Global Wrestling Federation with GWF Champ Adrian Street seems to be going down the drain slowly. After a bit of going up the rankings and becoming the next big hit of the Wrestling World, the GWF has been reusing old segments over and over on GWF TV. GWF Wanted: Dead or Alive is scheldued for January 19 and Andrews has promised us a surprise.

SMW: Jim Cornette's Smokey Mountain Wrestling is losing some of it's "aura" due to the fact that the USWA has begun invading it's territory. Plus the fact that SMW is basically WWF Reject land with SD Jones as the champion scares me. SMW's My Enemy will also be January 19.

USWA: The United States Wrestling Association used to be owned by both Jerry Jarrett and Jerry Lawler until the two got into a booking arguement. Lawler left and USWA has been going uphill. Brian "Lawler" Christopher has been really playing up to the "Jerry's My Father" which has been drawing him the Heel Heat. Fans have been tuning into USWA TV just to see if Jerry Lawler is going to show up and teach his son Brian a lesson. And during this time Christopher has been able to capture the USWA World Title. USWA plans to show Wild and Wicked, to finish up the January 19 triangle, on January 19.

Well as we close, here's this week's question of the week.

Q: Who's the best announcer in the wrestling world right now?

A: In a major promotion, I would say Gorilla Monsoon. In the independents, Joey Styles. If you know anybody in the Tri-State area, definatley trade tapes with that person to see how good this Styles guy is.

That is All,

Jim Ryker

Edited by maddog

• 11 months later...