World Wrestling Federation '92

ChuBalso

Saw this excerpt in the Porch this past week...thought I'd share it with you...:)

THE

PRO-WRESTLING

PORCH

ECA now have a new show on Wednesdays at 1:00am...In WWF News, now with the return of WWF PHAT TV, it looks like midcard wrestlers will now get more air time, on WWF Worldwide specifically, with The PHAT TV being more of a recap show. Raw as always, will be the A-Team show. Rumour has it now, that the WWF will now be starting some fresh new feuds--it'll be interesting to see what they come up with, especially with their success as of late. The WWF now, has alot of freedom, so expect some good television. Now that Bret is not champion, rumour has it that he maybe be put into a program with brother, The Blue Blazer But that may be further down the line, as Hart is set for a program with The Triple Threat. This will be a very interesting period for the World Wrestling Federation....

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only __ Days until Series '97...

April 5th, 1997

WWF Worldwide Saturday Nights-

Channel: FOX

Venue: Moxfurous Arena, Chicago IL

Attendance: 11034

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Michael PS Hayes

In-Ring Announcer: Joe Pedicino

Referee Team: Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Well, I for one am really excited about the months to come. It seems the WWF has now developed a 'format' for their shows, as WWF Worldwide will now feature mostly Midcard Talent, while RAW will be primarilly the major players program. Oh, and of course, WWF PHAT TV will be a recap show. Good. I bet Bischoff thought that he was going to host a hot show every week. No, no Eric--last week's PHAT TV 'blockbuster' was just for the closure of Wrestlemania. Anyway, this is a great oppurtunity for a majority of the WWF mid to upper talent to get their time on camera, many of whom deserve it....

-Dutch Mantell Returns To The WWF, and goes after a female fan; Fan saved by Debuting, Diesel-

Raw started off with Mr. Roboto Sean Mooney kicking off the show admist crazy fans, in the middle of the crowd. He started interviewing people, which led to the return of Dutch Mantell and the On Screen Debut of Andrew Martin's new 'Biker' character, 'Diesel'....

Mooney" Hello everyone, I'm Sean Mooney, and what a wild week it's been here in the WWF! I'll be joining Jesse 'The Body' Ventura back at the announcing table in a few moments but first I want to speak to some of the fans of the WWF! (Sean goes around to some random fan), Hey what did you think of Wrestlemania!?!"

Random Fan #1" It was great! Wow! Steve Corino and The Triple Threat #1!!! They Rule!"

Mooney" Well, I'm sure Bret Hart doesn't feel that way. We'll hear from him later tonight! Hey how about you! What do you think about this Triple Threat Business!"

Random Fan #2" Man, the WWF is in trouble!! Steve Corino is the Future and The Future is now!"

Mooney (The rowdy fans make it hard for Mooney to get around) " Hey you! How 'bout you, young lady! What was your favourite part of Wrestlemania?"

Female Fan" I can't believe the Sandman is the GWF Champion! Way to go Sandman! Woooo!!!!"

**Suddenly, Dutch Mantell emerges from the curtains. The crowd instantly pops, then booes him. His last role in the WWF was as a Wrestler in 1994-95 as part of Heel Hulk Hogan's Hillbilly Sub-Stable, consisting of Mantell, Robert Fuller, Hillbilly Jim, and Cowboy Mike Hegstrand (Hawk)...He slowly makes his way toward Mooney in the crowd**

Mooney" Oh yea, That's right! The Sandman is the new GWF Champion! The Cartel also regained the WWF Tag Team Championship Titles, while Shaggy 2 Dope is the new GWF Lightheavyweight Champion! Well lets go to the ring where Joe Pedicino is standing by with--"

**Dutch Mantell climbs over the railing, adjusts his buckle and approaches the Young Lady**

Mooney" Dutch Mantell!! What are you doing here!"

Mantell (Taking off his Cowboy Hat. He has some mustard on his beard...he was eating a subway sandwhich, one of the WWF's sponsors) " Whats Yer Name?"

Mooney" Um...I'm Sean Mooney; but you know who I--"

Mantell" Not YOU, Robot Boy! Imma talking about, de' Lady..."

Female Fan (Revolted) " Um...My name is Francine."

Mantell (Starting to do a strip tease) " Well, Francine..., My name is Dutch...woood ya like ta' touch mah Mantell?"

Francine (Now frightened) " No...I'm not interested, sir...No thank you."

Mooney" Ew, thats disgusting! Buckle your belt back up!"

Mantell" Shut up Mr. Roboto!! Imma talking to de' Lady...You...um...Do ya like Hairy men?"

Mooney" Oh gosh! Lets go up to Joe Pedicino, for the debut of Diesel!"

****'Diesel's' music hits. It sounds much like a freight train horn, followed by the generic 'tough guy' music. Out comes 'Andrew Martin', wearing leather, and black shades, on a motor-cycle. He rides the Motorcycle down to the ring, but then sees Mantell, Moonry, and Francine. He stops his Motorcycle by the railing, climbs over and walks over to the area....

Diesel (To Dutch)" You heard the lady. SHE'S NOT INTERESTED. Lets go...Francine? Is that your name? Come with me, where it's safe. (Diesel picks up Francine and carries her through the crowd, over the railing, and into his corner, with his motorcycle)."

Mantell" Hey! Who the hell are ya!? Hey, Francine!? Get back here! Who is that guy, Mooney!! Who is he? THIS IS NOT OVER! THIS IS NOT OVER!!!"

===================

Francine now stands in Diesel's corner, as Mantell walks angrilly to the back...Looks like Diesel's got a valet too.

[OVER AN GIRL-ANGLE] 67%

Francine gained overness from this segment. Dutch Mantell gained overness from this segment.

user posted image

Diesel makes his WWF debut

saving a WWF female fan named,

'Francine'

-Dutch Mantell arrives with a GIANT-

Diesel d. Berlyn (Alex Wright)

Diesel didn't look to bad here. Him saving Francine didn't make him such a huge 'hero' to the fans, but for a newcomer he put on quite a good match for his debut. Some credit also goes to Berlyn. After the match was over and Diesel was celebrating with Francine, in the ring, Dutch Mantell led down to the ring THE GIANT SILVA. Silva wasn't supposed to get such a role already, but the WWF see's him as an agile Giant, who could be quite a headliner down the line. His push, as mentioned earlier starts early, due to The Berzerker, his tag team partner, checking himself into rehab, leading to his termination. Mantell pointed at Diesel, who despite his tall look looked like a little boy when standing next to Silva. Silva started choking Test as Mantell screamed and yelled profanities at Francine, who was 'crying' in the corner...Silva CHOKESLAMMED Test 6 times before refs and officials broke up the carnage. He teased leaving, but then Mantell told him to climb ontop of the turnbuckle, as Silva nailed Diesel with an elbow off the top rope. Mantell, then took the mic and started yelling at Francine.

Overall: 60

Crowd: 62

Match: 72

Dutch Mantell

"How do ya like that ya stupid lil' witch!! Now look at yer' hero!! Look at little skinny Diesel now!! He ain't Diesel now, is he? Look at my man! The Giant Silva!! He's a monster! HE IS 7'3''!! He WEIGHS 404 POUNDS!!! This man ain't no' oddity, he is a wonder! He is the 9th Wonder of the World!!! THE GIANT SILVAAAAA!!!!!!!" 57%

Dutch Mantell gained overness from this segment. The Giant Silva gained overness from this segment. Diesel was stretched out after the attack.

user posted image

Dutch Mantell's

9th Wonder of The World

The Giant Silva

-ADVERTS-

As we come out of Adverts, we see The Intercontinental Champion Jeff Jarret arriving out of a limousine that reads, BACKLUND FOR PRESIDENT. Backlund follows behind Jarrett and is giving him 'pointers' on how to be the ideal athlete. He promises to 'give him a lesson, during his upcoming match... 88%

[ARRIVAL-ANGLE]

Bob Backlund d. Ray Rougeau

Typical 'Backlund-Rougeau' match here. Lots of ringwork, but a combined age of 93. Anyway after the match, Backlund refused to release his finishing hold, the Chicken Wing. Then Jarrett applied his Figure Four, to Rougeau. The announcers kept talking about how Halme was cheated out of a fair shot at the IC title.

Overall: 60

Crowd: 62

Bob Backlund gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

-Francine Stands by Her New Friend-

We return off break with Diesel being treated at the local hospital accross the street from the Pencil Tune Arena. Sgt. Slaughter, appears in the room, and starts talking to Francine. They wisper, as Diesel must 'rest'.

Sgt. Slaughter" Hey. This must be a crazy day for you."

Francine" Yea...I...I just bought a ticket like everyone else, and...well...I never knew this would happen...."

Sarge" It's been a long night for you, I know. But tell me, what is Diesel's condition?"

Francine" Horrible injuries to his neck. They don't know exactly what yet. He'll be back and ready to go by next week's Worldwide...but The Doctors say he's going to have to be very careful."

Sarge" Thank you. Francine, was it?"

Francine" Yes. Thank you, Sarge."

Sarge" No. Thank you. Back to you guys in the Arena..."

-The Tag Team Battle Royal Starts Prematurely-

First team to come out was The WWFPD, The Big Bossman & Officer Brian Knobbs. Next was The Dream Team, Brutus Beefcake & Jean Paul Levesque. However, entering the ring with them, was the Entire Jimmy Hart Family Tree STable. Earthquake, Honky Tonk Man, And The Blues Cruise--Rockabilly & The Roadie were also in the ring. Bossman and Knobbs started yelling right away for everyone else to leave the ring--Honky Tonk man took offense to being 'rushed' and started yelling at Big Bossman, whilst Knobbs argued with The Dream Team. After teasing leaving, Honky Tonk Man turn around and broke his guitar over Officer Knobbs' head! The rest of the Family Tree swarmed over Officer Knobbs. Jimmy Hart pinned referee John Finnegan against the turnbuckle as Earthquake gave 3 aftershocks to Officer Knobbs. They cut to a commercial break to 'clear' the mess....

[sTABLE ATTACKS TAG TEAM]-73%

-ADVERTS-

-The "Law" Prevails-

Big Bossman wins 20 Man/ten Team Battle Royal

The entrees, were Insane Clown Posse, Doomed E.D. The Dream Team, WWFPD, The Rock And Roll Express, The Blues Cruise, The Road Warriors, The Demoltion, Johnny Ace & Stan Hansen. Finals came when Big Bossman, who had the crowd on his side from the start and Ax teamed up on The Dream Team, eliminating Brutus Beefcake first. Ax was then eliminated by Levesque, and Levesque was then maimed by Bossman. Crowd got into this as the match went on. I think this means that WWFPD are now the #1 Contenders for the WWF Tag Team Titles.

Overall: 61

Crowd: 70

Match:66

Match:66

-ADVERTS-

-The Finnish Nightmare Delivers Torture Rack 'NightMares' for Jarrett & Backlund-

Jeff Jarrett d. Curt Hennig

This match really suprised alot of people, and brought a new insight as to how over, Curt Hennig is. Final moments came to a close when Hennig nailed The Perfect Plex on Jarrett, but Mr. Bob Backlund hopped in the ring and kicked Perfect in the guy, breaking the pin, and getting Jeff Jarrett disqualified. They then went to a 2-1 attack on Hennig, until Tony Halme hit the ring. Halme showed off his power here, nailing the IC champion and Backlund with three double closelines. Crowd went nuts for each clothesline. Halme then snitched Jarrett in the Torture Rack. Backlund tried to get Jarrett out of it, but Halme pretty much just no-sold all of Backlund's punches and kicks. Halme, then threw down Jarrett and charged Backlund--putting him in the Torture Rack as well. Backlund and Jarrett were layed out in the ring as Halme took the I-C title and started posing with it. Looks like thier starting to give Halme somewhat of a push.

Overall: 76

Crowd: 91

Match: 74

-Joey Style's Interview's The former WWF Champion & Carl Oulette-

Styles" Hello everyone, I'm Joey Styles and with me at this time is former WWF Champion Bret Hart, along with Carl Oulette. First, to you...Bret Hart, Steve Corino pulled the curtains over us all at Wrestlemania earlier this week! My question to you is, What will you do now?"

Hart" Styles, I was robbed! I was tricked! I go in there ready to face The Dark Patriot, and I get double teamed! I get double teamed by Doug Gilbert who's too dumb to realise that his own character is also in the same match! And then what happens? To save himself from humilation, he pretends to know who the Dark Patriot is, and he looses the match for both of us! And Corino, I don't know why you feel as though the WWF OWES you anything, but I do know one thing--Wherever you go, where you walk, I won't be to far behind. Sooner than later, Mr. Old School, you will be Excellently Executed!"

Styles" Wow. And in just a few moments, Carl Oulette, you will take on one of the members of the Triple Threat--The Rock!"

Oulette" I know that The Rock is big and tough, and he's got his new friends with him, The Triple Threat--The Biggest Threat to the WWF ever! But Rocky, tonight, in just a few moments, I will show you why I am future talent, and you are past talent!" 70%

**Did Oulette just end his Interview with 'past talent'? Ugh.**

Carl Oulette lost overness from this segment. Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

-The King Of Old School Promises 'Big News' For Bret, On Raw this week-

The Rock d. Carl Oulette

Oulette did a good job of carrying this match and hiding The Rock's limitations. Oulette spent most of the match working on Muraco's arm, with the idea that if The Rock's 'arm' is hurt, then he can't nail Oulette with the Bodyslam. Suddenly at 5:33 *Eye of The Tiger* began to play, which got the crowd instantly chanting 'Corino Sux'. Corino however, did also get alot of cheers. Finally, out came Steve Corino with Jack Victory. At this time, Oulette leaped on the Turnbuckle and starting shouting french profanities at Corino, until The Rock just scooped him off of the turnbuckle and nailed him with his patented body slam for the victory. Before, Corino, Victory, and The Rock could try to attack the fallen Oulette, Bret Hart & Ray Rougeau, came dashing down the isle which led to the members of the Triple Threat leaping over the top rope and back to the isle for cover. The WWF Champion grabbed the mic from Joe Pedicino and started taunting The Canadian Foundation Members...

Corino (With Victory and The Rock by his side) " Bret!!!! Bret!!!! You want this title!! You want a shot at this belt!!! (He kisses belt) I hope you'll be at RAW tommorow! I'll tell you how you can TRY to get it back! But it doesn't matter anyway, Bret! This is MY time! This is the time, of--The Old School!! Tradition!! Honour!! Prestige!!! THE TRIPLE THREAT!!!"

**WWF Worldwide goes off the air with Corino, Rock, and Victory being stared down by the Canadian Foundation, who are standing in the ring; Bret Hart, Carl Oulette, and Raymond Rougeau...

Overall: 68

Crowd: 79

Match: 70

Show Quality:65%

TV Rating: 7.57

Other Shows: Early Evening - 7.33

Biggest Complaint: Earthquake getting air time.

Raw Preview!!

--Triple Threat's Challenge:

The Triple Threat (Steve Corino, The Rock, Jerry Lawler)

vs.

The Canadian Foundatin (Bret Hart, Carl Oulette, Raymond Rougeau)

--WWF Tag Team Titles-4 WAY FRENZIE!

The Cartel vs. WWFPD vs. The Road Warriors vs. The Dream Team

--ECW Title!

Honky Tonk Man vs. New Jack!!

--And appearance from New GWF Champion; The Sandman!!

Plus, Much Much More!! What else can happen!!!!?

Edited by Javert

user posted image

April 7th, 1997

Monday Night Raw-

Channel: USA Network

Venue: Pencilneck Arena, Pennington - PA

Attendance: 11,019

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura.

Referee Team: Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan

by

Dave Schmeltzer

-Corino gives offer to Bret; Lawler lashes at Rougeau-

Raw returned to the Manhattan centre, to a hot crowd, all chanting 'Oh My Gawd' as Joey Styles stood by himself in the ring, welcoming everyone to the show. Jesse Ventura, as always was at the announcers table making fun of Styles' standing in the ring, as if he were 'lost'. Styles introduced The Canadian Foundation to the ring; Bret Hart, Ray Rougeau, & Carl Oulette. They came out to a huge pop....

Styles" Bret Hart, to say you were robbed of the WWF Title would be an understatement! "

Hart" Joey Styles, What happened to me was down right WRONG! And the fact that Dangerously is doing nothing about it still bothers me! But ya know what--With Rougeau & Oulette by my side, I know that this is going to turn out fine! I know that I'm going to win back, what is rightfully mine--The WWF World Title! And, Corino says that tonight--He'll let me in on how I'm going to win it back? I'd like to hear what he's got to say! So, Steve! Bring your old school a** here right now!"

**Eye Of The Tiger** begins to play, as Steve Corino The WWF World champion walks to the ring, followed by Jerry Lawler & The Rock along with thier advisors, Jack Victory & Dr. Harvey Wipplemann. The heat that these three have right now is amazing. I've never heard 'Corino Sux', 'Burger King', and 'Rocky Sux' chants, from the crowd, simultaneously...until now...Corino had the mic and stood head to head with Bret...

Corino (Starts imitating a baby crying)" Waaaaa!!! Whaaaa!! Whaaaa!!! Bret Hart--Crybaby, Crybaby, Crybaby! You were robbed? No! You--just like all of these morons out here, and the entire WWF were OUTSMARTED!! So now--how will Bret get his Title back! Well let me answer that! You won't! Because this is MY TITLE NOW! But, Bret. I will give you this opportunity...If you and your Canadian Foundation can defeat The Triple Threat, tonight, in the 6 man tag, then you will get a shot at MY WWF WORLD TITLE!!"

Hart" When, Corino? When are you going to put up the title that was swindled from me?"

Corino" Whoaaaa....Calm down you Excellenty Executioning Executionerizing Hitman you! The match between you and I--If you win--will be at this months PPV; L.L.X!"

Hart" LLX? LLX? What the hell is LLX? Styles, what is he--"

Corino" Whoa--Whoa, Calm down, Bret. LLX is our next Pay Per View? What it stands for? I don't know. But you see, Bret, knowing about things like this are perks that only World Champions Enjoy! I'm sure, President Paulie Dangerously will ramble on about it later on. But for now, you'll just have to wait, like all of the other Normal folk, Bret! Hahahahaha!!"

**Corino laughs, then taunts the crowd, as Joey Styles moves over the mic to Jerry 'The King' Lawler. It's great to see Lawler as a heel, finally, here in the WWF. Because he was such an over face, him turning heel was a sure success. And, as always, he brought the goods. It looked like he was aiming to verbally hurt Raymond Rougeau, the most...**

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

"Ohh yea!! (The 'Burger King' chant is insanely high) Would you morons shut up!! I fought for years for all of you guys! The list goes on and on! I battled The Nature Boy Ric Flair, for all of you loosers! I fought The Macho King day in and day out for the cheers of the WWF Fans! I battled Ted Dibiase over a whole year, for the approval of the WWF consumers! Why, I even defended The WWF against Jim Cornette's, Antonio Inoki, when he tried to take over the WWF Presidencey!! I was protecting you!! But---(He hears a fan say someting) Shut up, fatso--remember you paid to be here! I'm getting paid!

But you know what...There has always been one wrestler in the past, that gave me quite a fight. There was once a man that gave The good ol' King for his money! And I'm talking about YOUR BROTHER, RAYMOND ROUGEAU--THE MOUNTIE! (big pop for the mention of The Mountie, now retired) But ya know what, Ray...As soon as The Mountie was gone; so were you! (He seems to really be getting underneath Rougeau's skin now) You spent your whole WWF career, riding off the success of the Mountie! And now you're TRYING TO do the same thing to Bret! And--

**Suddenly Ray Rougeau leaps onto Jerry Lawler, and starts pounding on him. Style's cleared the ring as all 6 men got into a brawl that was finally broken up by road agents and refs. I like how their building up the Triple Threat based on history. For example, Jerry Lawler and Inoki had quite a history, in the WWF. Lawler had a brief stare down with Road Agent Antonio Inoki. While Corino took a verbal lashing from Road Agent Ole Anderson, outside the ring...making the connection between Corino being a Horsemen in the past. This segment also brought Ray out of 1987, and into 1997...** 86% [TAG TEAM CONFRONTATION--STEVE CORINO/LAWLER v. RAY ROUGEAU/BRET HART]

Raymond Rougeau gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-The First 'Moon Sighting'-

Lightning Kid d. Brian Christopher

Strong opening match. This match was built as a 'Light Heavyweight' bout. At 14:33, the lights started to flicker as a heavily distorted version of Max Moon's music started to play over the PA system. Brian Christpher started to freak out looking all over the place, while he had the upperhand on The Kid. Finally, after the light flickering and music stopped, Christopher turned around right into a spinning cartwheel kick for the quick victory for The Kid. Paul Dangerously started to make his way down the isle after this match, to a huge pop. It looks like he was about to talk about LLX....

Overall: 81

Crowd: 77

Match: 85

-Lethal Lottery Xtreme-

Paulie Dangerously walked down the isle to a huge pop with Sabu, still dressed in his shiek outfit, even though he's now a face. I wonder what happens to Bam Bam now? Paulie stood, stationary in the ring for about 2 minutes, absorbing the loud 'Paulie' chant from the New York crowd...

President Paulie Dangerously

" Everyone's been asking me, 'Paulie...whattaayaa got for the month of April! What's coming up this month, now that Wrestlemania is behind us!!?' THREE WORDS!

LLX; LETHAL LOTTERY XTREME!!

Aside from the title matches, the card will be completely random! Next week on RAW, the drawing will occur pitting several 2 on 2 matches. The possibilities will be endless! Now, you might now, also be saying, 'Well, President Paul! Why would these teams care?' Why would anyone want to win a match with their foe? Well, i'll tell you! Because, the Winners of each of the Tag Team Lottery Matches, will then be involved in a Battle Royal--LATER THAT NIGHT!. And the winner of The Lottery Battle Royal will get a shot at Jeff Jarret's Intercontinental Title, that same night!!"

**The crowd cheers this bold, unique, fresh idea for a Pay Per View...but suddenley Jerry 'The King' Lawler's music hits. And...for the first time in about 5 years, Jerry Lawler's music was followed by booes from the crowd. And what followed was one of Jerry Lawler's greatest interviews/monolougues in his career...**

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

" (First, he looks around...absorbing the jeers from the crowd). Shut up! All of you! The King Of Wrestling is in the ring! Paul--Eeeee Dangerously! Man, o' Man...Look at you! You're on top of the world!! You're the President of the #1 Wrestling Organisation Today--The WWF! But tell me, Paul? Where were you, oh say about 5 years ago? Huh? Where were you during the years of 1992-1995...when Jerry 'The King' Lawler was headlining WWF shows all accross the country? (Paul starts to answer...but Lawler interrupts him)...Oh and Paul...don't give me that crap, about how you were 'revolutionising wrestling, in ECW! Tonight, I'm gonna expose you Paul! I'm gonna expose you and you're Eastern Crappy Wrestling to the Pro Wrestling world RIGHT NOW!!! In, 1992 who was your World Champion? I'll answer that...IT WAS THE ROCK!!!. That's right, it was One of the Members of The Triple Threat!!. So years go by, and The Rock is trying to do all that he can to uphold ECW's good name--but YOU PAUL!!! YOU, did all you can do to run ECW into the ground!! And that's what you did! With your stupid 'Extreme' and 'Cutting Edge' promoting, you drove away all of the wonderful East Coast fans away from Pro Wrestling! In fact...lets let it all out--you see that man right there! (Lawler points to ring announcer Joe Pedicino) He was doing ring announcing for Texas based, GWF--a promotion that had more of a fanbase than your Eastern Crappy Wrestling! Our Intercontinental Champion--'World Class Superstar' Jeff Jarret's father's promotion, The USWA, is still going strong, and had more people watching in Memphis, then you did, in all of Philadelphia!....

I guess...what I'm trying to say is this, Paul....You and you're Lethal Lottery Xtreme Crap, your cussing, your new 'cutting edge attitude', Paulie, I'm here to tell you that IT STOPS NOW!!!!. You're not goint to ruin the WWF like you ruined Eastern Crappy Wrestling!! And you want to get extreme! You want to get hardcore? Well I come straight from The Old School, and Paul, I want that beer drinking son of a b**** at this Lethal Lottery Extreme Pay Per View! I want a shot at that GWF World Title!I want the Sandman!! (Big pop for the Sandman. Him winning the GWF Title has given him that spark in popularity, that the WWF was hoping for) None of this Triple Cage crap! I want the Sandman ONE ON ONE!"

**Paulie Dangerously just got the lashing of his career. The crowd was even stunned at this point. Lawler looked hot, and it even looked like he meant what he said...Well..at least until the Sandman part anyway. Paulie and Lawler stood face to face with each other, as the crowd solidly got behind the WWF President. Jerry Lawler turned his back first, on Paul, and made a motion to leave the ring...but then he turned back around--kicked Dangerously in the gut, and nailed him with his patented Piledriver. To make matters worse, Paulie got nailed with a second and third Piledriver before officials flooded the ring. The announcers were incredibly good here, in pushing Lawler's Piledriver as a 'killer move--a move that Lawler has perfected over his YEARS of Wrestling. They went to a comercial break with Lawler walking to the back, whilst the ring was quickly filled with virtually every WWF Official, Including Vince McMahon...Great segment. 92%

-ADVERTS-

Earthquake d. Kamala

Sometimes I wonder why some of these Wrestlers are still employed by the WWF. I guess it must be loyalty or something. Earthquake won with his aftershock. The announcers really didn't call this match very much; instead they kept talking about the 'unsportsmanlike' actions of The King. I like how they're building up The Triple Threat. It's similiar to an invasion; or a 'new faction'..but its got a special twist. Hard to explain, but maybe its due to the calibre and Variety of those feuding with The Triple Threat. After the match, The entire Family Tree entered the ring, as Earthquake gave some more aftershocks to Kamala. The Dream Team--Brutus Beefcake & Jean Paul Levesque have a new look--well its the same..but they've gotten new clothes. Jimmy did a promo for them....

Overall: 55

Crowd: 64

Match: 36

Kamala didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

-The Dream Team; The Greatest Tag Team, Ever?-

Jimmy 'The Mouth Of The South' Hart

" That's right baby!! The Mouth of the south, baby, right here baby!! Now I'm standing here with The Greatest Tag Team in The World today baby! We've got The Veteren; baby! The Man! The Barber Man!! That's right--The Fine Tuned, Well Kept; Brutus The Barber Beefake! This man was one of the original Dream Team members, with Greg Valentine! He knows the ropes! He knows what to do! He knows where to go! And of course...Jean Paul Levesque! ", The Blueblood from Greenwhich, CT!!! He's the daddy, babby! And those tag team Titles are coming to The Dream Team; tonight!!!" 81%

-Brian Christopher reports his 'Moon Sighting' To Bruce Pritchard-

As the Family Tree heads to the back, the Titan tron shows Brian Christopher walking around angrilly in the back, upset that he lost his earlier match to The Lightning Kid due to being frightened by Max Moon's music. The announcers hinted that he was headed to the locker room, of The Pritchard Exchange. And that he did. He knocked on the door once, inside was Bruce Pritchard, The Cartel, The Dark Patriot, & The Undertaker....

BC" Pritchard you won't believe this! Max Moon is here!!"

Pritchard (The Undertaker snaps around, staring at BC, as does Pritchard)" What! YOu mean! But!! No! My Undertaker put him in the casket!! He--"

BC" Well...I didn't see him...but..during my match...all of these spacey lights! His music was playing! I'm telling you Pritchard--Max Moon is not gone!"

Pritchard" I don't understand...this...can't be right...er--"

BC" Man, I don't to get involved in this thing between The Undertaker and Moon...it's a little to wierd for me...All I'm saying...is to watch your back...I sure am." 78%

**BC walked out of the Pritchard Exchanges office, as Bruce Pritchard stared uneasily at The Undertaker as they took us to advert break. Looked kinda silly for an established manager like Bruce Pritcard to being almost 'yelled at' by Christopher.

Bruce Pritchard lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-Mr. Bob Backlund, tones down The 'Rap'-

New Jack d. The Honky Tonk Man via DQ- ECW Title

Very comical match here, that the crowd really didn't get into this, much. Honky Tonk Man started the match off talking about how much he hated rap. For this, New Jack demanded that his music be played during the whole match just to get at Honky Tonk. New Jack's music is some generic hip hop beat. The match came to a close, when the Honky Tonk Man got tossed over the tope rope. Frustrated, Honky returned back into the ring, and broke his guitar over New Jack's back, giving New Jack, the DQ victory. New Jack recovered minutes later, and held up his hand...as his music was playing..Mr. Bob Backlund was shown in the control room--ordering Production Man, Steve Zombie to shut off New Jack's ring music......

"Your match is over, young man!," screamed Backlund--

"We'll have no more of that rap crap played! Now goto the back, like a well respected Professional Wrestler!" New Jack looked kinda silly walking to the back without any music...

Overall: 70

Crowd: 68

The ECW World title has gained in image.

-The Sarge approaches Pritchard & Undertaker About 'Moon Sighting'-

They take us to the back where Sgt. Slaughter is backstage in front of The Pritchard Exchange's locker room door, with Bruce Pritchard. Pritchard has a scarf in his hand, wiping the sweat from his face....

Sarge" Well, Bruce Pritchard, we saw earlier what BC had to say! We saw what happened during his match! Max Moon is here!!"

Pritchard" No! It's a lie! It's something else! It's someone else! My Undertaker sealed away Max Moon, out of the WWF forever, at Wrestlemania!"

Sarge" But, Pritchard--you heard Christopher! He said--"

The Undertaker Brian Lee (Suddenly, The Undertaker pulls open the door and grabs Sarge by the throat)" You listen, here Sarge 'boy! Max Moon is gone! He's finished! I finished him! The Prince Of Prime Time! Disciple Of Deception! He is gone! So...I suggest that you now be on your way! Otherwise you may end up like Max Moon--Resting...innnnnn....ppeeeeaaaaaccccceeeeeeeee."

**For the first time, in WWF History...The Undertaker has spoken. Undertaker shoved the announcer down to the ground as Pritchard ran back inside his office.. 87%

-ADVERT-

-An Unlikely Road Warrior Taylor, helps The Road Warriors fight For WWF Tag Team Gold-

Road Warriors d. The Dream Team d. WWFPD d. The Cartel

Well, you couldn't have put together a worst match. quality-wise, on paper than this one. Officer Knobbs of WWFPD just looks worse and worser as the days go on. Suprisingly, The Cartel were the first to be eliminated, when The Big Bossman caught Porteau with a suprising Bossman Slam at 10:33. WWFPD, however were the next to go, when Jean Paul Levesque nailed Knobbs with the Pedigree, two minutes later. The crowd started to pick up here, as it was Down to the Dream Team & The Road Warriors. Taylor was just thrown around the ring by Beefcake for about the next 5 minutes. He was then tossed over the top rope and onto the arena floor. This prompted Hawk to just jump in the ring and to take out Beefcake, but he was stopped by Levesque, who quick tagged in and sideswiped Hawk. Hawk, however nosold it and started to batter Levesque with some pretty stiff back shots. Levesque was selling his back from this point on big time...Finally he went for the cover--but the referee wouldn't count. Hawk was not the legal man. At this point, Taylor started running up the apron and up the turnbuckle--but tripped on the top rope, and basically fell on top of Levesque--right on his lower back. Both men were hurt--Levesque from the unattended back shot...and Taylor from falling awkwardley, on top of Levesque. But luckilly for the Road Warriors, Levesque rolled over on his back, and was down long enough for Taylor to get the 3 count! The Road Warriors are now TWO TIME WWF TAG TEAM Champions!. I wonder if thier going to have them keep the titles now, for more than a week. After the match, once again, Taylor was perched up on the soldiers of all Legion Of Doom Members--Demoltion & The Road Warriors. I think they may be doing the goofy underdog gimmick with Taylor.

Overall: 71

Crowwd: 77

Match: 59

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

-ADVERTS-

Mr. Perfect d. Pretty Paul Roma

I tell ya; The WWF is really getting their money's worth out of Roma. Roma has great heat with the crowd, and is great at getting people over. Which is what he did here. Not such a great match, since Roma was involved, but the crowd is getting more and more into Mr. Perfect. Perfect won with the Perfect-Plex at 13:33. Crowd was actually chanting, 'Perfect', when not distracted by Roma's manager, Tammy Sytch, outside the ring.

Crowd: 89

Match: 65

Curt Hennig gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

-The Foundation wins the battle, But The Triple Threat Starts The WAR-

The Canadian Foundation (Bret Hart, Ray Rougeau, Carl Oulette) d. The Triple Threat (Steve Corino, Jerry 'The King' Lawler, The Rock)

Rougeau spent most of the match going after Lawler, for his remarks that he made earlier tonight. The announcers kept mentioning that Corino was wearing a specialised shin, designed to make his Figured Four Leglock more devastating. Wow. The old school shin angle. I like it. Corino spent the match avoiding Bret, and The Rock manhandled Oulette for most of his time in. Final moments of the match came when all 6 men engaged in a brawl, that referee Shane McMahon could not restore order too. Outside of the ring, Jack Victory, threw brass knux into the ring for Steve Corino, but it was intercepted by The Hitman. In the melee, Hitman clonked The World Champion with the knux, and somehow got the cheap victory to a huge pop... However, after the match was where the action happened. Jack Victory jumped in the ring with powder and threw it into the face of Bret Hart, blinding him severly. I think Rougeau was supposed to get hit also, because he sold the speckles of powder that bounced off Bret into his face, like he had just been hit with a grenade. Oulette couldn't help, because he was already being manhandled on the outside by The Rock. Corino, then yelled orders at all of the members of The Triple Threat Victory gave a couple of knux shots to Rougeau's head, followed by a Jerry Lawler Pilederiver. The Rock tossed Oulette into the ring, and gave him his patented Powerslam--which was followed by a another Jerry Lawler Piledriver. Finally all three members of the Triple Threat took turns taking shots at Bret, as Jack Victory held Hart up for the punches. Dr. Harvey Wippleman was near the ropes warding off officials. Finally, Don Muraco nailed Bret with his powerslam, Lawler with yet another Piledriver...and Corino flipped over his leg shin, and put on his Figured Four Leg Lock on Bret Hart. Hart sold it big time. Corino kept the hold on for nearly 3 minutes. In fact...after the long attack, Steve Corino got the mic, and ended Raw explaining his Figured Four finisher...

Corino" Ohhhhh...Excuse me!! Excuse me!! Your WWF World Champion is about to speak! Hahahaha!! Ladies and gentleman, that move is not an ordinary Figured Four! No, no! I call that version--The Wheelchair!! Because after tonight...Bret Hart will have to get around, by means of A WHEELCHAIR!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! And we can't have a cripple as World Champion, now can we? HAHAHAHA!!"

Overall: 82

Crowd: 85

Match: 77

**Monday Night RAw went off the air, with The Triple Threat, posing, laughing in the ring, while a herd of officials and the WWF Medic Team swarmed over a fallen Bret Hart, Ray Rougeau, & Carl Oulette. The Damage has been done.**

WWF Worldwide Preview

--Special Challenge--The Undertaker Brian Lee vs. Mr. Perfect

--GWF World Title Match--The Sandman vs. Violent J

--Agent Lief Cassidy vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

--In Action!!!

The Giant Silva Makes His Wrestling Debut! Will Diesel be far behind?

Johnny Ace & Stan Hansen vs. Newcomers, Flex Kavanna & Aldo Montoya

--Also!!!!

The Slickster Hosts the First Ever--"SOUL ZONE!", with guests, New Tag Team Champions - The Road WArriors!!

---Plus Much Much More!!!!!

April 8th, 1997

Venue: Glide Eye Air Centre, Chicago IL

Referee Team: Shane McMahon, Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

They had a new set for WWF Worldwide--it had more of an old school territorial look. And..when you got Michael PS Hayes doing colour, with Sean Mooney, this feeling was definately potrayed through television. Sean Mooney went on and on, about how WWF Worldwide was going to be the source of up and coming WWF Superstars--he kept going on to the point that Hayes chimed in, "Well do we get to see those superstars? Or do we just listen to you talk about them for a few hours?" Something tells me that Hayes is on his way out of the WWF...[MORALE=67] This is when, Dutch Mantell, who was standing in the ring like a dope, introduced the 9th wonder of the world; The Giant Silva...

-Francine's emotions take over her actions-

The Giant Silva d. Moe

Crowd really isn't quite into Silva yet, which is why it seems he's mainly appearing on WWF Worldwide, for now. Moe, a relative newcomer, whose last job was working for the USWA, maybe a year ago, was completely squashed. It was even funnier to see these guys go at it, since Silva is 7'4", and Moe is a tiny little man who can't wrestle. Match was over in 30 seconds with a Silva chokeslame. After the match, Francine came running down the isle, and jumped on the Giant Silva's back 'attacking' him. She tried to rake his eyes...Silva just walked around blindly until officials came in the ring, and pulled Francine off of Silva. Mantell ran for cover when he saw Francine coming, which was rather comedic. The announcers hinted that Diesel could be returning from injury any week now. FYI, the injury is just a work to sell Silva. Into a break, Hayes teased the Soul Zone, coming up next.

Overall: 52

Crowd: 46

Match: 58

-ADVERTS-

user posted image

The Soul Zone

with "The Doctor Of Style", Slick

Well, this certainly was something different. The Soul Zone set was toward back of the main level of the arena. Memories of Paul Bearer's Funeral Parlor, or Pipers Pit come to mind when I saw this. The set was designed to be a ghetto. It had, a brick wall background with graffittee(sp) that read, 'Jive Soul Bro', a few giant painted pictures of Slick, along with a small Boom Box Radio collection. Koko B. Ware and 'The Natural' Butch Reed stood on each sides of the Soul Zone set as Slick introduced his first guests...The Road Warriors...

Slick" Goooooooodddd Eveninnnnggggg MAHHH Bruthaaaassssss...and welcome to THEEEE SOOUULLLLLL ZOONNEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Tonight, mah guests arreeeeee the WWF Tag Team Champions of The World!!!! Road Warrior Hawk! Road Warrior in traing, Taylor...DAA ROADDDD WARRRIORRRSSS!!!!!!"

The Road Warriors came out, with their manager Jim Neidhart, to a nice pop. Road Warrior Taylor, because of his role in helping win the Tag Team Titles back for his team on RAW, got a bigger pop, then he ever had before, as a Road Warrior...or in his career actually. They stared down Slick's team, DOOM E.D., before giving their full attention to The Doctor Of Style...

Slick" Weeeeeell, Weeeellll, Weeeellll, I'm agonnaaa get straight down to biiizzzzzneesssss!!! Some say, that you are two time FLUKE WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!! How do yaaa responnnddd to dat!!?"

Hawk" WELL!!! (Big pop). Ya know what, Slick! It don't matter how we got these titles! It don't matter what methods we used! It don't matter what methods we didn't use!! All that matters, is the fact that we are WWF Tag Team Champions!!!"

Slick (Now gives his attention to Taylor, who is jumping up and down)" Whaaaat The heeeeelllll are you doinggg???"

Taylor" One of the cardinal rules of all being a Road Warrior, and The Legion of Doom, is that you are constinatly working out! Constantly moving!! There is no time for downtime!! Man, I'm feelin' a rush! Hot damn, I feel it!!"

Hawk (Slick and DOOM E.D. start laughing...Suddenly, Koko B. Ware wispers something into Slick's ear. He gives him, an 'idea'....)" Hey! Stop laughing!! What are you two sissy boys talking about over there!"

Slick" Weeeellllll, seeing as how your tag team partner likes to jump and move...and I also, like to moveee, mah bruutthaaaahh, lets have a 'moves contest'. That's right, daddy! Right here, live on WWF Worldwide!!! The Slickster vs. Road Warrior Hawk, in a dance off!!!"

Taylor (As he struggles to take off his shoulder pad) " Man! You dont' know about Road Warrior Taylor in his young days! I used to Dance away The Dance floor!! Why, they used to call me, TOE MASTER TAYLOR! YOU'RE ON!!!"

And dance, they did. First Slick did his usual, dance, and sang his whole ring entrance song whilst dancing....

"...you a jive soul bro! A jive soul bro! And you always lyin' to yo' friends!

You a jive soul bro! A Jive soul bro! And you never get notin' in the end!"

Taylor nodded to the fans, as they booed Slick's effort... It was now Taylor's turn...and to my dismay, Taylor started rapping and dancing, with a generic hip hop beat, to his own song...that had to be written by either Pat Patterson, or Vince Russo, themselves

" C'mon, C'mon, I'm talking to you--my name is TAYLOR!

I used be a Made Man, and a rooster--but that was a FAILURE!

And now I'm in The L.O.D, as a Road Warrior with DEMOLTION!

Leading to an extreme Road Warrior Phenomenom known only as TAYLORIZATION!!

Peace! I'm outta here!"

I love Taylor's character...and so did the fans. Taylor got one of the biggest ovations of the night after that 'rap'. Upset by the applause that he was getting, Slick gave Taylor a cheapshot to the back with his cane, as he was playing to the crowd, whilst DOOM E.D. took out Hawk. DOOM took turns holding up Taylor & Hawk, as Slick took cheap shots to them with his cane--finally Demoltion hit the scene scaring off DOOM E.D. and Slick. Frankie, Koko's bird kept flying around The Anvil's head, keeping him occupied. Wow. They have that bird trained well... 78%

-ADVERTS-

Agent Lief Cassidy vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

These guys have wrestled so many times, that it's almost academic. Bam Bam spent most of the match trying to steal Agent Cassidy's super secret stealth briefcase. Agent Mike Barton, came down the isle later to 'guard' Cassidy's case during the match.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 71

Match: 85

-The GWF World Champion gets duked by The Insane Clown Posse-

Sandman was shown walking to the ring, as Sean Mooney was waiting in the ring to conduct another one of his in-ring interviews. Suddenly, an un-named young man (A GWF-Development Territory Wrestler), ran up to the Sandman and proclaimed; "Sandman!! I'm so glad to see you!! There's a big beer party in Room 4A! Wow! Boy..I'm really late for my meeting with matchmaker Gerland Brisco! Bye! Oh and congrats on winning that title! Good luck in your match against Violent J tonight!!" Sandman, all excited, changed course, and started walking to room 4A. The camera took a closer look at the un-named GWF Wrestler. He was wearing a Dark Carnival Pendant...the sign of The Insane Clown Posse. **

Sandman walked up to the door. Heard nothing. He was at the right door. He knocked. No answer. Unfortunately, for the Sandman, he couldn't hear Sean Mooney screaming in the ring, not to go inside the door. Finally, Sandman opened the door. And was suprised by what was waiting.

Shaggy 2 Dope (Wacks him in the face, with a frying pan!)" Hey B**ch Boy!!"

Violent J (Wacks him with a big wooden 'Fake Beer Party' sign) " Whats going on F**got!!! C'mon Mother***er!! You F***ing F**got B**ch Boy Mother***ing A**hole!"

Shaggy 2 Dope" Tonight, Mother***ker you're, f***ing with the Dark Carnival!!"

Violent J" That's right B**ch!! That GWF title is coming to The Insane Clown Posse, and The Dark Carnival!! Enjoy your rest!!! Hahahaahah!"

Shaggy 2 Dope" Yo J!! I think B*tchboy Sandman neeeds some refreshments!!! I think he needs of drink of...."

Violent J & Shaggy 2 Dope" FAYGO!!!!"

With that, that nameless GWF Wrestler rolled in a giant table, filled with about 20 bottles of Faygo Soda Pop. And, one by one...they emptied out all of the bottles on The Sandman, leaving him in a puddle of Soda, bleeding from the head shots.

Sean Mooney, who was still in the ring ended with probably one of the most lamest jokes I've ever heard...

"What a Heinous act by The Insane Clown Posse!! I haven't heard that many bleeps since yesterday's game of Jepoardy!!"

75% [TAG TEAM ATTACKS WORKER]

The Sandman lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Stan Hansen & Johnny Ace d. Flexx Kavana (Rocky Maivia)& Aldo Montoya Portuguesse Man O War (PJ Walker/Justin Credible)

I think that this was a tryout match for Kavana & Montoya. Kavana is this somoan looking wrestler, who wore white tights with light blue elbow pads. Aldo Montoya...well..um...he has to have been a product from the same people that came up with Max Moon. Sean Mooney explained Montoya as some kind of Portuguesse Warrior wearing a costume that consisted of hideous yellow, green, and red tights in some bizarre diamond pattern, along with the centerpiece of this masterful creation: a yellow "mask" that looked more like a jockstrap than anything else. Anyway, its a good thing he seems to be a jobber. Ace landed the Ace Crusher on Kavana, whilst Hansen nailed Montoya with his Lariat. They then put the finishing touches with Ace's elbow off the top rope onto Kavana, who Hansen was holding in a backbreaker position...Eric Bischoff was backstage with The Sandman, along with a host of WWF Officials.

Overall: 68

Crowd: 63

Match: 73

-Sandman defies Road Agents' advice, goes after Violent J-

Bischoff" Hello Pro Wrestling Fans, I'm Eric Bischoff...and as you can see, it seems as if...The Sandman may not be able to make it to face Violent J tonight...and if this happens, he could forfeit the GWF World Title. I'm am here joined with a host of WWF Officials and Road Agents, as they are attending to the Sandman.... " (Eric polks his head into the fray)

RA (Road Agent) Mike Rotunda" Sandman, no! You can't go out there! You could have a concussion..."

The Sandman (In Pain)" Argghhhh! I'm gonna kill him!!"

RA Ole Anderson" Sandman!! Don't do it! This is for your own good! We're looking after you! You have to get examined!"

Sandman" No!! Argghh!!" (He tries to get up)

Ref Shane McMahon" We shouldn't let you go out there!"

RA Gerald Brisco" We can't let you go out there!"

RA Pat Patterson" We won't let you go out there!"

Sandman" I'm going out there!! Violent J!! Your a** is mine!!"

***Sandman pushes through the Officials, and goes to a nearby fridge. He takes out a case of beer...chugs one of the beers down, to a huge pop...goes to his locker room, and locks the door.***

[iNTERVIEW HYPE MATCH - 88%]

The Blue Blazer d. Carl Oulette

Good match here, showcasing the abilities of both competitors. Alot of great matwork, which got the crowd into it more and more as the match went on. Match came to a close when Oulette, went for his finisher The Cannonball (Senton Bomb), but missed, allowing the Blazer to catch him with his Blazer Splash, frog splash. Wierd guys, the WWF are: The have Oulette wearing a patch to the ring, until he wrestles--then he takes it off. Then, after the match, he places it back on? Isn't the idea of a patch to protect the eye? Wierd. Anyway, after the match, The Blue Blazer and Oulette shook hands, to a loud 'Oulette' chant. Since it's French, it sounds like the crowd were chanting 'Olay'. And because of that, they started to sing that song in unison. I think, a new chant/fan base has just begun, for Carl Oulette, a man that felt he was always held back as a tag team wrestler, The Mountie as the Quebecers...

Overall: 85

Crowd: 87

Match: 83

user posted image

Carl Oulette Of The Canadian Foundation now

has more credibility as Bret Hart's right hand man.

-ADVERTS-

-Agent Lief Cassidy Protects the 'Breifcase'-

Bischoff" Hello, WWF Fans, I'm backstage--joined with Agent Lief Cassidy. Cassidy, the contents of the briefcase, have never really been addressed until earlier tonight. What kind of documents are in that Briefcase?"

Cassidy" Mr. Bitch-off? If that is your real name--I will be willing to address any questions that you may have, about my wrestling career, whether it be about the past, current, or future state. Other than that...I can't answer an questions"

Bischoff" Ok...well what happens if Bam Bam Bigelow..or ANYONE for that matter gets their hands on that briefcase?"

Cassidy, simply, turns his back to Bischoff and starts walking toward the car park. Bischoff kept following him, asking him about the briefcase, until finally, Agent Mark Barton pulled up to Snow--er--I mean Cassidy, in a heavily tinted Dodge Viper. Boy, the WWF really are making use of that Dodge Sponsorship ;). Before entering the car, Cassidy turned to Bischoff and said; "Eric, you don't want to know...you just don't..."

I've gotten to learn the Vince Russo & JJ Dillon booking style...something tells me this little scene is leading to more than most think. Remember, Cassidy and Barton got Steve Blackman's role--a role that was too be a major part in the WWF...77%

[sINGLE WORKER INTERVIEW]

Agent Leif Cassidy gained overness from this segment.

-The 'King' Of The WWF attacks his LLX Opponent, The GWF Champion-

Sandman d. Violent J - GWF World Title

Pure brawlfest here. The crowd was into this the whole match...especially due to what what transpired earlier. Good job of building here. Sandman won the match by DDT'ing Violent J on top of a chair. The announcers pushed the fact that the referee could've disqualified Sandman, but due to it being a championship match, the referee was a bit more lenient. After the match, the house lights went out. Mooney kept blaming it on a power outage in the building--until the lights went back on. Jerry Lawler appeared in the ring, with Sandman's singapore cane in hand ready to bash him in the head with it. Finally Sandman turned around, and took a tough cane shot to the head from Lawler, which cut him open. Lawler then teased the Piledriver for a while to an extremely hot crowd. Finally, Lawler nailed Sandman with the Piledriver, on the chair, creating a spot of blood right on the chair. Officials poured into the ring. Footprints of Heyman booking here. The Blood on Sandman's head, and on the chair was pixelated, so that it wasn't completely visible to the TV audience. Deafening 'Burger King' chant going into the next advert break.

The GWF World title has lost image.

-ADVERTS-

-Curt Hennig returns to 'Mr. Perfect'-

Bischoff" Hi Wrestling Fans, Bisch alongside with you, once again...and joined with me at this time is...Curt Hennig. Curt, everyones talking. According to my records, the last time that you won a title, was in 1993. World Tag Team Champions with, Tully Blanchard. You were on top of the world, Curt...you were apart of The Four Hoursmen. But now things have chaned. Blanchard's been retired for the last two years. Flair has been on the injured list for about a year now, and will be for another. And Steve Corino, who was in the Horsemen with you, is now WWF Champion... My question is...What happened to Curt Hennig?"

Hennig (The Crowd booes Bischoff for almost exposing, Hennig. Hennig seems hurt...but then composes himself, and speaks with the intensity that he used to have) " You know something, Bischoff, I think you're right! Steve Corino was wearing diapers when we were in the Horsemen? And now he's Champion? We brought him into the WWF! He started out as a stupid announcer just like you!! (Crowd laughs) That's it! I've had enough! From here on in, things are going to change! It's time for Curt Hennig to send his career forward! It's time for Curt Hennig to make things right around here! And it starts tonight--against The Undertaker! I will give him his first, defeat!! "

Bischoff" Wow! Curt Hennig looks to be back on track! That's great!"

Hennig"....No...No way Bischoff! That's not 'great'. That's PERFECT!!!" 94%

This prompted a loud 'Perfect' Chant until his music hit, and he made his way to the ring...

[iNTERVIEW HYPE WORKER] 94%

Mr. Perfect gained overness from this segment.

The Undertaker d. Mr. Perfect

Not so much of a 'wrestling match' but, Perfect had the crowd solidly behind him, which made the match great to watch. Perfect landed many near falls on Prime Time, which acutally had the crowd thinking that maybe Perfect could win the match. Finall moments came, when Perfect nailed The Undertaker with the Perfect Plex. Bruce Pritchard, Undertaker's manager at ringside kept jumped up on the apron, and yelled "Hey McMahon!" at referee Shane McMahon. The two got into a shouting match. Perfect, who had Lee down for a 10 count, broke up the two from bickering. At this point, Undertaker sat up, walked over to Perfect, and choked him...leading into a choke slam. That was all that was needed to give The Undertaker a huge win, to end this hot Main Event of Worldwide. Suddenly, as Pritchard was holding up the Undertaker's hand, Max Moon's music began to play, and the lights began to flicker. Both the Undertaker & Pritchard, looked around, very paranoid. Wordlwide went off the air, with both men retreating to the back, fearing that Max Moon, would re-appear....

Overall: 87

Crowd: 96

Match: 69

Show Quality: 75%

Other Shows: Early Evening; WCW Saturday Night; TBS 7.23

Other Shows-From Earlier in the Week:

ECA Warnight Mondays: Graveyard; TNT - 3.91

GCG Golden Greats: Wednesday Graveyard; UPN - 5.06

GCG Evening Thrill: Thursday Early Evening; ESPNC - 3.92

Biggest Complaint: Sean Mooney's announcing; censorship during the ICP and Sandman bleeding, segments.

Behind The Scenes Issues:

Raw Preview!!

--WWF World Title Match:

Steve Corino vs. The Undertaker

--WWF Intercontinental Title Match

'World Class Superstar' Jeff Jarret has an open contract challenge!

--GWF Lightheavyweight Title Match

Shaggy 2 Dope vs. The Lightning Kid

--WWF TAG TEAM Title Match - The Warriors' First Defense!

The Road Warriors vs. DOOM E.D.

--Plus;

*President Paulie Dangerously makes the LLX Drawings!

*A special test of Strength Challenge between

The Finnish Nightmare Tony Halme & 'Pretty' Paul Roma

*Plus...ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!!

user posted image

user posted image

April 14th, 1997

Monday Night Raw-

Venue: Manhattan Centre, New York City - NY

Attendance: 11,013

Referee Team: Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan

By

Dave Schmeltzer

QUICK NOTE: I'm going to be returning back to my basic television description format and reserving the longer updates, as usual, for PPV's and special events. I wrote out some pretty long promos during the last couple of shows, to get over the Triple Threat....which I hope I have done well.

Very hot crowd for RAW this week. The WWF Debuted their new logo, which is basicallly a well designed combination logo of Steve Corino & Bret Hart. I think this answers all questions, when wondering who the WWF are planning to revolve the promotion around. All I know is that both, Corino & Hart deserve it. Corino spent the last 4 years buried behind the Horsemen Era of the WWF and never complained, behind the scenes. Hart, while he has had his disputes with WWF staff (Especially when Vince Russo & JJ Dillon first took over as head writers) has become one of the biggest team players in WWF History. Anyway, according to sources, the new WWF logo came from a longtime WWF fan, known as ACCBIGGZ. Sounds like another one of those fans who are a little to wrapped up in their 'wrestling character', to me. Nevertheless, announcers kept congratulating this Biggz fellow.

-Dr. Harvey Wipplemann, The Rock & Jack Victory argue with Joey Styles; The Voice of Monday Night RAW-

Raw began with Joey Styles & Jesse Ventura opening up the show from their announcers table listing the matches. Harvey Wipplemann came out with his two men; Jack Victory, & The Rock, requesting that The Triple Threat get some air time, as Steve Corino, WWF Champion, has a HUGE LETHAL LOTTERY announcment. What can they possibily do now? Styles got into a shouting match with Harvey Wipplemann, which rolled over into a shouting match with The Rock--over 'time constraints'. He told The Rock that Flexx Kavanna & Aldo Montoya were already in the ring, and ready for their RAW DEBUT, but Rock didn't want to hear any of it, and wanted air time for The Triple Threat. Fustrated, Harvey led The Rock & Victory to the ring...to apparently 'take care' of Kavanna & Montoya. Good segment done on the house mic...But c'mon...The Rock arguing with an announcer? Ugh.

70%

Don Muraco lost overness from this segment.

Jack Victory & The Rock d. Flexx Kavanna (Rocky Maivia) & Aldo Montoya (PJ Walker/Justin Credible)

The Rock & Victory basically just charged the ring and started pounding on Kavanna & Montoya. Not much suprise here; But the wrestling was good, suprisingly due to the jobbers--Kavanna & Montoya. Styles kept mentioning that Kavanna was related to 'The Great' Rocky Johnson. Ventura was hilarious in making fun of Montoya, saying "Hey Styles! I've been to Portugal before, and I ain't never seen no mask wearing freaks like Aldo Montoya!" Sure, The Berzerker was a viking--and that worked. But a Portuguesse(sp) Warrior? I don't know. We'll see if they actually push him, or if he remains a jobber.

Overall: 64

Crowd: 56

-Steve Corino & Jerry Lawler have some 'secrets for Hart & Oulette-

After the squash, Wippleman came into the ring and introduced The WWF Champion & The King...

Harvey Wipplemann" Ok, Everyone get up, and welcome, The Kings Of Wrestilng!! He is the King Of Wrestling! A true Legend. Memphis' Own, Jerry 'The King' Lawler! And Of course, The Man who single handely defeated Bret Hart for the WWF Championship Belt! He is the youngest WWF Champion in the HISTORY of The WWF! Ladies and Germs; The King Of Old School, Steve Corino!!"

Lawler took the mic first. The crowd was really hot for him once again, as he had to scream over the audience. He ripped right into Carl Oulette, who is literally the talk of the WWF right now. His match that he lost to Blue Blazer on Worldwide has really placed him higher on the scale, and gives him more credibility of Bret Hart's right hand man. They have some great history here since, Oulette was the protege of The Mountie. Lawler said that he didn't by into this new Oulette & Hart alliance and that he was giving up his GWF World Title Shot against the Sandman, for a one on one match with Carl Oulette, at LLX. Wow. I'm really looking forward to this match. I'm really happy for Oulette too.

Corino was next, and was absolultely hilarious in ripping into Bret Hart. Finally, Bret Hart had enough and hit the ring to a rediculously loud pop. He was joined with his right hand man, Carl Oulette, and Ray Rougeau. I would say, for comparison, Bret is just as popular as Hogan was during his heyday in the WWF. After doing another great stare down, Corino WARNED Bret that he should not bother showing up at LLX, because their would be a World Of Hurt waiting for him. Hart said that he was confident that he could 'Hurt' Corino just as well--Corino replied; "No, No, Bret. You'll be hurt, in a different way..... With that, The Triple Threat, along with thier advisors, Wipplemann and Victory, left to Corino's music with Bret, Oulette & Rougeau just staring in confusion...But Suddenly, The Undertaker's music hit, stopping The Triple Threat in their tracks in the middle of the isle. Out of the curtains, came Bruce Pritchard, joined with The Undertaker; Steve Corino's opponent for later on tonight. Pritchard let Corino have it. I love watching Pritchard do a promo. His face turns beat red within seconds.

89%

Bruce Pritchard

"Corino!!!!!! HOw dare you!!! First you come out here, and don't even acknowledge your opponent for tonight!!! You're opponent tonight is the UNDEFEATED, UNSCATHED, PRINCE OF PRIME TIME--The Undertaker!!! And you say that you've won that Wrestlemania '97 match 'single-handidly?'. HA!!! Everyone knows that you decieved the whole world! You tricked Doug Gilbert into thinking that you were an ally!! So tonight--Corino!! Tonight!! That belt comes back where it belongs!! BACK TO THE PRITCHARD EXCHANGE!!. And it will put you right back where you belong--INTO OBSCURITY!!! HAHAHAHA!!!"

***With that, Pritchard led the Undertaker to the back. Fans kept chanting 'SPEAK LEE SPEAK!', I guess after they had Undertaker speak, for the first time recently, the fans wanted more. Kinda left a bad taste for the fans, with him not speaking this time--but then again, he is a heel. 84%

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Diesel d. Iron Mike Sharpe

Diesel made his return after getting pummeled by The Giant Silva two weeks ago on Worldwide. Announcers didn't make much a deal out of it. Instead they spent this match pushing the idea the randomness potential that LLX has, as far as teams go. They also ran down the Title Matches scheduled for the show. After the squash, Francine took the mic and started talking.

Overall: 57

Crowd: 50

Match: 64

-Francine Challenges Dutch Mantell to an LLX Match-

Francine had the mic, with Diesel by her side and called out Dutch Mantell. Mantell came out, and stood by the curtains on the isleway, with the Giant Silva, saying "What does my little object of desire want with 'Daddy Dutch?'. Ugh. Nice of him to place that image in everyone's head. Francine made a challenge to Dutch Mantell. If She can defeat Dutch Mantell at LLX, then Diesel gets 5 minutes alone with Mantell. But if Francine looses, then Dutch get to go on a TELEVISED date with Francine. Crowd popped hard for this, as they really want to see Francine hand it to Mantell.

70%

Francine gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

Road Warriors d. Doom E.D. - WWF Tag Team Titles

Before this match, they played the Soul Zone segment from WWF Worldwide. Slick kept getting involved in this match very often. I'm glad that the WWF kept the importance of managers in the WWF. That definatlely comes into play when you have such horrible wrestlers as the ones involved in this match. A heel Koko B. Ware & Butch Reed suprisingly make a very good tag team. Match ended when Taylor and Hawk nailed Butch Reed with the doomsday device. Funny spot before hand, that saw Taylor *try* to pick Reed up over his head, but he was too weak to do so. So he was the guy who did the clotheslining part of the Doomsday Device. Nice pop for the Road Warriors and their title defense. I like the way their slowly showing the Road Warriors develope as a team.

Overall: 65

Crowd: 73

Match: 48

-END OF HOUR #1-

-ADVERTS-

-President Paulie Dangerously confronted by IC Champion Jeff Jarrett, the focal point of LLX-

President Paulie Dangerously came out to a huge pop. He gave a long speech about how its time for the WWF to move on beyond 'Family Fun', and into Revolutionizing Pro Wrestling, which is their new catch phrase, of course. Rumours are circulating that the WWF doesn't want to loose any steam to WCW (Who are making a killing with the Hogan-Brian Pillman Feud), or any of the smaller National Promotions like GCG and ECA. Anyway, he announced that Selected Wrestlers will find their Lethal Lottery Tag Match Pairings in their mailboxes, and stressed that all of the combinations were random. Suddenly, Jeff Jarrett, accompanied with Mr. Bob Backlund came down to the ring, and started yelling at President Paulie.

Backlund" Just what in the heck kind of President are you? Pittting Random teams together? Then they go into a battle Royal? THEN, the winner faces Jeff Jarrett for the IC Title!! How is Jarrett supposed to prepare for that kind of a match!"

Jarrett" Yea, Paulie! What kind of a zoo are you trying to create around here?"

Paulie" Backlund! I'm creating a World Wrestling Federation that you've never experienced before! I'm creating a Federation that goes beyond the glitz and glamour! I'm creating a WWF That elevates competition!! It sparks intensity! And in just two weeks Jarrett--If you can beat the Lethal Lottery winner, then just think about how much higher that will put you on the WWF scale of great wrestlers! Think about how this will elevate your career higher than you've ever experienced! Think about--"

Backlund" Ok!!! That's enough Mr. Dangerously!! You know...this guy...Jeff Jarrett--He reminds me of ME!!! (Crowd booes) He stands for everything in this sport that is right! You--YOU STAND FOR EVIL!! And...That's why I'm making this announcement!! At LLX, the Pay Per View--I, Mr. Bob Backlund will--"

***Suddenly, Mr. Perfect's ring music hits, as he comes walking down the isle to a huge pop. Perfect shakes the hand of President Dangerously, then rips the mic out of Bob Backlund's hand, as the crowd chants 'Perfect'.***

Perfect (Loud 'Perfect' Chant)" Now, things are about to from bad to Perfect!! Backlund, no one cares about your stupid announcement! Backlund, It's time for you to get out of the past! No longer are the days here, when you can walk all over the WWF! Now the competition's tougher! Wrestler's are stronger! Ideas are being made! And--"

Jarrett" I think you should just turn around and leave, Perfect Boy! You aren't a 'World Class Superstar' like me! No one has cared about you since--since...The Horsemen were done carrying you around!"

**That seemed to have sparked a soft spot in Perfect as he lunges at Jarrett, only to be restrained by both Backlund and Paulie...**

Paulie (Jumping in between the two men) " Wait a second!! Hold it! Stop it! You guys want to go out each other! Well, Jarrett, you've got an open contract tonight! So you two will go at it--and the Intercontinental Title will be on the line!! And remember--to whoever wins--You may win this match...But the biggest challenge will be; Lethal Lottery Xtreme!!"

**I like how their pushing importance of the title. Backlund looked great here, and left people hanging with his big announcement that was interrupted by Perfect. I wonder where this is going to lead to?

83%

[ANGLE-AMBUSH--SAVED BY MR. PERFECT]

Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-Shaggy 2 Dope Defends The GWF Lightweight Title-

Shaggy 2 Dope d. The Lighting Kid - GWF Lightheavyweight Title

These two always put on good matches. How the WWF made anything out of Shaggy 2 Dope is a wonder like no other. As always, Dope spent most of the match yelling profanities at the crowd. He defeated the Kid with the guillontine(sp) leg drop off the top rope, at 15:31 of a very good match. After the match, Papa Shango hit the ring and chased Kid out of the ring, while Violent J & Shaggy sang a song off of their new album, 'The Great Milenko'. The crowd booed them, as Shango poured Faygo soda pop all over The Kid outside of the ring.

Overall: 82

Crowd: 82

-New Jack Gets Involved in Backlund Business-

Jeff Jarrett d. Mr. Perfect - WWF Intercontinental Title

Alot of crowd heat for this one, due to what transpired earlier. Backlund was in Jarrett's corner. Actually match was a bit dissappointing due to the potential that these two have, to have a strong match. Match came to an end when Jarrett clotheslined Perfect after a reverse irish whip and got the cover as Backlund held down Perfect's foot from the outside. New Jack quickly hit the ring to a nice pop saving a double team on Perfect. Backlund kept yelling, about New Jack's ring music; "Shut that rap garbage off! I hate it!" Announcers pushed the fact that New Jack had some heat with Backlund, after what he did on WWF WorldWide (Cutting off his 'rap' music when he won his match)

Overall: 86

Crowd: 92

Match: 75

-The Return Of Max Moon!-

Steve Corino nCOR The Undertaker - WWF World Championship

Steve Corino showed why he is indeed, worthy of holding the WWF Title. Jack Victory was in his corner, and kept getting into it with Bruce Pritchard outside of the ring. Undertaker no sold Corino's punches at first. Then, Victory got on the apron and distracted referee Shane McMahon--at this point, Corino simply grabbed a chair from the outside and bashed it over the head of Undertaker--which stunned him. The match picked up later, with both men brawling on the outside...geez, I wonder what kind of match this would've been if they gave Mark Calloway the Undertaker gimmick instead of Lee? ;) Anyway, good match, as the crowd was into the match big time, especially when it spilled over into the crowd. Good old school type brawl here between Lee & Corino. The match was brought back into the ring at 12:22...suddenely, the lights started to flicker...and annoying asteriod type holograms started to light up around the ring. At this point, Max Moon's music hit at full blast, with Max Moon racing down the isle into the ring. The crowd popped huge! The announcers played it off as if he returned from the dead...which I guess actually is the storyline. The crowd was going nuts for Moon as he basically took out both Corino & Undertaker. Moon beat down an unsuspected Corino into the corner, then tossed him out of the ring...Then gave the Undertaker one clothesline, 360'ing him over the top rope. Undertaker landed on his feet, but was pulled to the back by his manager, Pritchard. Show went off the air with Max Moon jumping around in the ring celebrating his return, with the screaming fans...

Crowd: 92

Match: 76

Commentary Aftermath

Styles" Max Moon is back in the WWF!!"

Ventura" He's taken out both the WWF Champion & The Undertaker!"

Styles" What could this lead too next week on RAW!"

Ventura" And The Lethal Lottery Matches have been decided!! Who's teaming with Who!"

Styles" Oh yea! What was Bob Backlund's big LLX announcement!?"

Ventura" And how is Steve Corino going to 'hurt' The Hitman at LLX!?"

Styles" Join us on WWF Worldwide..."

Styles & Ventura" OH MY GAWD!!!"

Show Quality: 77%

TV Rating: 8.00

Other Shows: Head to Head, WCW Monday Night WAR - 7.82

Biggest Complaint: The Rock & Joey Styles' arguing.

WWF Worldwide!!

--Grudge Match--The Dark Patriot/Doug Gilbert vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler

--The Rock & Jack Victory vs. Bret Hart & Carl Oulette

--Mr. Bob Backlund vs. Mr. Perfect

--Live On The SOUL ZONE; Max Moon!!!

PLUS MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Opinions, questions, comments, blah blah blah--LLX PREVIEW UP SOON.

What They Don't See....

JJ Dillon's & Vince Russo's Influence

April 16th, 1997

Close Door Mini Staff Meeting

Attendees:

Sean Mooney/ Morale 94

Michael PS Hayes/ Morale 67

Vince Russo/ Morale 95

JJ Dillon/ Morale 100

Bruce Pritchard / Morale 89

James E. Cornette Morale 85

Gerlad Brisco/ Morale 77

Pat Patterson/ Morale 100

Ric Flair / Morale 0%

Russo"...Ok...Now the reason we're here today is because we're going to into the biggest promotioin in WWF history. We are promoting a show that sells itself; LLX. But with our promotion, we can really blow this one open...but--there's just one problem...JJ?"

Dillon" Michael Hayes, as you know, we're big on keeping Tradition. I mean, Jerry Lawler, The Rock, the whole Old School thing being the focal point of the WWF right now... "

Cornette" The focus on the Titles, angles..."

Pritchard"...the continued presence of guys like Brutus Beefcake, Bob Backlund...The Puro guys in the midcard, Tenzan, Hansen, Johnny Ace..."

Mooney" C'mon guys. I'll just say it. Hayes, The Freebird thing just isn't working. Here I am, a respected broadcast journalist, bringing what is supposed to be Revolutionary Pro-Wrestling, and I've got a Free-Bird by my side! I take my job seriously!! And I don't want no' gimmick man sitting by me for 2 hours!"

Hayes" Whoa..wait a minute--what about Ventura! He still wears all that crap when he does Raw with Joey!"

Brisco" Yea, but that's something that's been associated with the WWF for years. It's accepted. Your Freebird thing was nice when you made your appearance from WCW, but its now out of place."

Pat Patterson" But, I have an idea! We can tinker up your image! This week, on Worldwide, you debut your new, 'updated with the times, character--DOK HENDRIX!!!!" We'll also cut your hair, to erase that Freebird look.

Hayes (Hayes starts laughing...but no one else is...)" You guys..are serious...aren't you....You...What the fuck kind of stupid name is Dok Hendrix? No...No! I'm not cutting my hair! I'm not calling myself of Doctor, I'm not---"

Russo" Hold on...let me see if I can fix this, Mike..."

**Russo pulls out his cell phone. Has some words with whoever is on the other line, then looks at Hayes, with a stern look on his face...**

Russo" That was just, our head writer, Javert. He's in a meeting with Vince McMahon. I'm sorry, Hayes. But, you're fired. You will recieve a check for $285,000 in the mail by next week. Good luck..."

**Hayes says his goodbyes, and walks out. He thinks Dillon had something to do with this 'sudden' change. He shakes everyone's hand including Flair's, who until now has remained silent.**

Flair" Now, guys, I know I'm injured, but I'm sick and tired of being on the sidelines! I'm sick and tired of being hidden! I want to be apart of the big time! I want to be apart of, what is the greatest WWF era, yet."

Dillon" Ric. We appreciate your comments, and trust me--I'm aware that you're unhappy. You've still got 8 months on that broken leg. But...do you think you're well enough to walk on crutches?"

Flair" Yea...why...what are ya getting at JJ?"

Dillon" How would you like to do what you're loved for--Your promo skills. How would you like to be the new colour commentator for WWF Worldwide?"

Flair (Slowly Smiling)" This isn't a full time thing, right? Once I heal next year, I want to return to the ring!!"

Russo" That's right, Ric. Once you're ready to return; you let us know. I think the combination of you and Mooney will make for some great TV."

Flair (Still thinking)" I'll do it...I'll do it...But what about the new fans? I haven't been in action in over a year! How will they know, about what a strong part of WWF History that I represent? 4 Time WWF Champion!"

Patterson" Don't worry, buddy. Already on it. I've got, our production boys, Steve Zombie and Tommy Carlcucci, working on a series of Video Packages for you as we speak. They'll be ready before Saturday's show."

Flair" I'll do it. Thanks guys. Mooney...I'm looking forward to working with you. I'll be wearing my best suites."

Mooney" Likewise, Mr. Flair. I respect your work--and I have a feeling that you'll extend your already legendary legacy, of at least a year, to also, one of the best colour commentators in Pro-Wrestling..."

The meeting is adjourned.

The Broadcast team of WWF Worldwide, is Sean Mooney and 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair.

April 14th, 1997

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Ric Flair

By

Dave Schmeltzer

-The Return Of 'The Nature Boy'; Interviews Bruce Pritchard-

Sean Mooney opened the show announcing that Michael PS Hayes, his broadcast partner was 'no where to be found'. Why don't they just tell the fans that he was really fired? Suddenly Ric Flair's music began to play, as Ric Flair came out, and joined Mooney at the interview table to a huge pop. He said that he was going to teach Mooney how to 'shine in the big time'. He also mentioned how much more expensive his suit was than Mooney's--which was very true. After making more fun of Mooney, Flair said that he had some questions for Bruce Pritchard, of the Pritchard Exchange....

Pritchard came out, joined with The Cartel (Barry Horowitz & Alex Porteau). Barry Horowitz slipped on the way to the announcers table--and was walking on a limp from that point on. I smell another possible injury. Flair asked Pritchard about The Dark Patriot's upcoming match, against Jerry Lawler. Pritchard, as usual nearly broke some blood vessels in his neck ripping into Lawler. He basically ran down the whole 'Old School' mentality, over a loud 'Gilbert' chant. But ended on a 'good note' saying, that at least this time, Dark Patriot can have a fair match against a Triple Threat member--whatever that meant. That Hart-Gilbert feud during the first half of the year really made The Dark Patriot a WWF 'trademark' character, as that 'Gilbert' chant is going on at all arenas. 87%

Insane Clown Posse d. Iron Mike Sharpe & Flexx Kavanna

Kavanna, suprisingly got alot of offense here. Probably pushing him a bit for his Lethal Lottery tag team match with The Undertaker. Bruce Pritchard & The Undertaker watched this match from midway in the isle.

Crowd: 66

-ADVERTS-

-Tammy Sytch & Pretty Paul tell The Lightning Kid to 'Watch and Learn'-

We return from the commercial break where 'Pretty' Paul Roma & Tammy Sytch are apparently having 'a moment' together. The Lightning Kid walks in, and extends a handshake of good will to Roma, since they are tagging together in the Lethal Lottery. Roma however laughs at the Kid, calling him 'A little Boy'. Roma goes on about how his muscles are bigger and more developed then the Kid's and tells the kid to 'watch' as he takes on 'A big Boy, The Finnish Nightmare Tony Halme, later on in the night. Roma and The Kid are quite an odd pairing. But the live crowd was interested. 89%

Diesel d. Bam Bam Bigelow

They showed highlights of the Dutch Mantell-Diesel-Silva-Francine saga maybe about 3 times before Diesel actually got into the ring. Andrew Martin's biker gimmick is going along great so far. It looks like they've scratched the Mantell-Francine match at LLX, but with Silva still on the LLX card I expect this feud to take a twist at the Pay Per View. Very decent match...but it's your typical WWF WorldWide crowd.

Crowd: 67

Match: 79

Bam Bam Bigelow lost overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-

-LLX Partners, Backlund & Honky Tonk try to 'rap' up New Jack-

This segment has been one of the talked about segments off the show, simply because of its legitimateness. Honky Tonk Man was in his locker room, alone--playing blues songs, with a bottle of Red Tiger Vodka by his side. Apparently, drunk, Honky seemed to be thinking about the years when he was thought of as 'The Greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion Of All Time.' Bob Backlund walked in, and attempted to cheer him up, citing that Honky had a chance to reclaim that glory, in two weeks at LLX. Several WWF Superstars were also peaking in, hearing the noise from Honky's cries. Suddenly, New Jack stormed in and told Honky to 'Stop Embarrassing Himself'. Backlund then got into a heated argument with New Jack, which lead to Honky Tonk Man sneaking up behind New Jack aiming to smash his guitar over his head. But luckily, Tony Halme, who was one of the Wrestlers looking on at this scene grabbed the guitar from behind Honky, saving New Jack from a guitar shot over the head. Honky was quickly ushered away by WWF officials. To keep in character, Backlund started screaming for the other wrestlers to 'Go Away, and give Honky Tonk Man respect'. The thing that strikes me here is that Honky Tonk Man was legitimately drunk. I wonder if he will be reprimanded by the WWF staff? 79%

New Jack gained overness from this segment. Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-Drunky Honky Returns To The Arena-

Mr. Perfect d. Bob Backlund

Suprisingly good crowd heat, here--which is probably a testiment to the progress of both, Bob Backlund & Mr. Perfect. There is inner talk that Perfect may be replacing Tony Halme as a top face in the WWF, since...despite his star power and star look--Halme can't wrestle. He also works very stiffly, which is dangerous to many of the stars, and actually put James E. Cornette, the manager of PRIDE on the shelf. Halme also has alot of locker room heat amongst the members of PRIDE (Ace, Hansen, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Akiyama), since they were supposed to be the lead heel group in a 'Japan/Puro' like invasion of the WWF. But those plans were cut off abruptly when Cornette was dropped on his neck by Halme. Anyway, Perfect won this match with, The Perfect Plex in 9:33. After the match, Honky Tonk Man came staggering down the isle, with his Vodka bottle in hand, apparently either to help his soon to be partner up, or bother Perfect, however he was quickly stopped by New Jack who came chasing right behind him, joined with a flurry of WWF Officials. Once again, Honky Tonk Man had to be shamlessly ushered into the back. And once again, especially by the sound of announcers, Sean Mooney & Ric Flair, it seem liked Honky's drunkness was not a work.

Overall: 67

Crowd: 77

-ADVERTS-

Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Jun Akiyama d. Demoltion

There is alot of talk that they may be breaking up this Tenzan/Akiyama team, and giving Tenzan a singles push, possibly for the GWF Title. But, without Cornette as his mouthpiece (or any manager for that matter), I really don't see how anything will work with a japanese speaking wrestler. They defeated Demolition at 15:33 of a very good match, after Tenzan nailed Ax with the headbutt off the top rope.

Crowd: 64

Match: 82

-ADVERTS-

-Jerry The King Promises 'real wrasslin' over 'Flashiness'-

Bret 'Hitman' Hart & Carl P. Oulette vs. The Rock & Jack Victory

The Rock looked awful in the ring, as usual. Piere & Hart did their best to carry this match. Final moments of the match saw Oulette nailed Victory with the Cannonball, followed by Hart finishing him off with his Sharpshooter, at 8:45. AFter the match, Lawler came down the isle to support his stablemates.

Crowd: 76

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

"Hart!! Oulette! Give me a break! You mean you call that a victory? C'mon! You see, when I was down in Memphis I had some reeeeaaaaal matches! Matches that'll make you bleed! Matches that'll make you curl! Matches that make you sweat! I didn't do some stupid dive like Carl Fatso, over there! And I didn't wrap my opponents legs around like I was wrapping a gift, like Bret Pinkman Hart! So, what I would like for you two, to do right now, is to move over, stand outside the ring--and, The Dark Patriot and I are going to show you what a real old fashioned wrasslin' match is SUPPOSED to look like!"

94%

-Lawler 'Bleeds' Wrestling-

Jerry 'The King' Lawler d. The Dark Patriot

Lawler promised a 'wrasslin' match, and a 'wrasslin' match is what they got. The crowd was incredibly hot for this match, as Gilbert & Lawler pulled out the Memphis spots for this one. Right away, this match poured into the crowd, and saw Lawler busted open from the head 5 minutes into the match. Patriot kept nailing Lawler with some hard chair shots. Crowd was chanting 'Gilbert' very loudly, trying to get into the head of The Dark Patriot. Finally, at 11:33, Lawler did his famous shoulder strap spot which got the crowd really digging into Lawler with loud 'Burger King' chants. Lawler, then teased the Piledriver for about 5 minutes, before finally nailing Patriot with it at 16:44 for the victory. After the match, Lawler grabbed the mic, a bloody mess, and began yelling at Oulette...

Overall: 75

Crowd: 93

Match: 66

Jerry 'The King' Lawler

" You see, Oulette?!! You saw that, Quebecer Boy?!! That right there, was a real victory!! No flashy moves! No giving my shades to stupid fans! No diving off the top rope like a moron! And Oulette, In just a little over a week--In front of thousands of people, and millions watching at home on Pay Per View--at LLX--I'm going to mop the floor with your French-Canadian carcass!! Thats right--You don't have The Mountie to save you now!! And your new Canadian Cuddler, Bret Hart is going to be preparing to loose his match to Steve Corino!! Oulette!! At Lethal Lottery, your chances of winning--are just like a Lottery--and unlike you--VERY SLIM! Hahahaha!!!" 84%

Jerry Lawler gained overness from this segment.

user posted image

Jerry 'The King' Lawler, promises to give

Carl P. Oulette, an old fashioned 'wrasslin' lesson at LLX.

Show Quality: 75%

TV Rating: 7.36

Other Shows: Early Evening, WCW Saturday Night - TBS 7.36

Biggest Complaint: Sean Mooney's Announcing

Behind The Scenes Issues: Honky Tonk Man, admitted into drink abusers rehab, right after show.

Raw Preview!!

--Non Title Grudge Match:

'King Of Old School' Steve Corino vs. Carl P. Oulette

--GWF World Title:

The Sandman (Champion) vs. The Dark Patriot

--Test of The Mighty:

Pretty Paul Roma vs. Finnish Nightmare Tony Halme

Plus, in attendance, President Paulie Dangerously, The Pritchard Exchange, The Secrect Agents (Cassidy & Barton), and much, much, more!!!

Edited by Javert

Wow...I ran into this excerpt in this week's Porch. Man, they always get the dirt! ;)

THE

PRO

WRESTLING

PORCH

By

Kade Weller

...According to several sources, Honky Tonk Man's drunk behaviour, not only got him into rehab--but it also got him fired from the WWF--AND--hired by new promotion 21CW (21st Century Wrestling)--STILL the slowest and oddest run Wrestling Promotion ever. It seems as if they are signing only those who are unable to perform. Lets take a look at thier roster; Terry Funk (non-wrestler), Hillbilly Jim, Captain Lou Albano (Injured for 5 months), Mr. Hughes (Injured for 15 months), Fit Finlay, and Stevie Richards. Yes..That is thier COMPLETE roster. With a national PI of 38%, I would think that the owner, Jerry Garafalo, would be quick to make moves. Apparently not...There is inner talk that Antonio Inoki may be getting a bigger role in booking storyline angles, and matches. This could mean the possibility of a ressurrection of the 'Japanese Stable Take Over. The WWF definatley needs a monster heel stable right now. The Triple Threat are easily tweeners, as they seem to be just against 'The Norm', and the Pritchard Exchange has pretty much run its course as top heel stable, despite The Undertaker's and Dark Patriot's significant presence. But, with James E. Cornette, on the shelf, there isn't a manager that can help guys like Tenzan (over=83) and Akiyama (43), as well as some other guys in the GWF get over. Also, because of the current boom in wrestling, the free agency list of managers is, not only slim--but mediocre. The free managers are, Kimona, Oscar, Tori, and Kim Chee. Managers like, Gertner, Ellering, Sherri, and even, Terri Rhodes, Teddy Long, and Woman, are eaten up by the other promotions--so that angle will most likely be held off until Cornette returns from injury...Speaking of the GWF-The WWF's developement territory, there's some talk of giving some wrestlers on-screen promo tryouts starting next week on RAW, to replace Honky Tonk Man's spot at LLX. Mike Rotunda, head booker of the GWF has been heard to be pushing for 25 year old Simon Diamond (over=24) to fill that spot...Finally there are alot of rumours going around on the internet that The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase has been in talks with the WWF. So, as a result, many are expecting him to jump into the WWf Title picture at LLX. Should be interesting if these rumours are true...In other news, the promotions Empire Coast Academy and Jim Crockett's, Golden Canvas Grappling are at a dead heat, both with 62% National PI ratings. While ECA has ONE TNT Graveyard show, GCG has the graveyard slot on UPN 9 AND, an early Thursday show on ESPN classics, which may give them the edge. In a few months time, the WWF and WCW could be looking at some fierce competition...In WCW News, the current Japanese vs. American craze is continuing as Shawn Michaels is slated to take on Keiji Mutoh at this months upcoming Spring Stampede......

Leave your feedback on both the show and, your views on the TORCH. Your feedback definatley helps me in developing future storylines....

Good shows, The triple threat angle is going great. I would actually love to see Lee get a title run, I'm digging him as the Undertaker. I didn't notice till now, But you let HBK go :crying:

Oh well, You got plenty of other talented workers. LLX looks good, I also like how you made Diesel a biker instead of a bodyguard and or truck driver, Works better.

Lol, he doesn't have the Clique shit going on and you are a fan of them ;) No Scott Hall, no Kevin Nash (Test is Diesel?), no HBK (why? I dunno) and Jean-Paul Levesque is in a tag team.

Hopefully you won't push Levesque but Javert hasn't pushed a lot of guys who were pushed back in the days so I have fate in hm

user posted image

Venue: Jantlord Arena, Newark - NJ

Attendance: 11,013

By

Dave Schmeltzer

-Corino Forces An LLX Stipulation-

Raw opened up with Joey Styles opening the show from the ring as usual, with Jesse Ventura waiting at the annoucers table, as always making fun of Styles' while he stood stationary, absorbing the 'Oh My Gawd' chant from the fans. He then, introduced the WWF President, Paulie Dangerously. Paulie got a huge ovation, and immediatly started hyping up the LLX PPV. AT this point *Eye Of The Tiger* hit the PA system, as Steve Corino & Jack Victory hit the ring. Paulie made a comment about the whereabouts of 'the rest of Corino's Henchmen--but Corino ignored him and requested that his title match against Bret, become an Iron Man match, since he felt that he was more than a 'HitMan'. Paulie turned down the request right away, citing that Bret was not here tonight, and that it wouldn't be fair. At this point, Jerry Lawler's music hit, followed by Lawler leading the rest of The Triple Threat to the ring. I think its funny how they are calling this a Triple Threat, but there are 5 members in it, including thier manager, Wippleman...and, at the age of 50, I don't think anyone really considers the Rock a threat anymore. Lawler started screaming at Paulie about how, in the past, WWF Champions had some influence on what goes on in the WWF. He stated that those were one of the perks/rewards of holding the 'great honour of WWF Champion'. He then went on about how these are many of the traditions that Paulie is trying to supress. Pressured by the presence of the entire Triple Threat, President Paulie gave in to Corino's request, which got nice heel heat from the crowd. The LLX Main Event between Corino & Hart is now an Iron Man Match. This has to potential to be a WWF Classic. 94%

[ANGLE-AMBUSH COMMISSIONER]

-The Undertaker Teaches his LLX Partner a Lesson-

The Undertaker d. Flexx Kavanna

Before the match, they showed vintage highlights of Rocky Johnson, the grandfather of Flexx Kavanna on the Titan Tron. Kavanna started off the match with some quick matwork, trying to get Undertaker down, which got the crowd into it, but Undertaker soon began pounding on Kavanna, before ending the match with the Tombstone Piledriver. After the match, Bruce Pritchard grabbed the mic, stepped in front The Undertaker, & starting yelling at Kavanna...

Overall: 72

Bruce Pritchard

"Kavanna!! You've got to do better than that! Because in just a little under 2 weeks, you will team up with the Phonemenom!! The Prince Of Prime Time!! The Undertaker Brian Lee!! And Kavanna, there isn't anything that can step in his way, of claiming that WWF Intercontinental Championship!! Not the other 10 participants in the Lethal Lottery..and not even his partner--YOU!! Kavanna, you have two weeks to shape up!! Because if you don't shape up for this match--then The Undertaker is going to reshape your face!" 90%

Kavanna was in agonizing pain as Pritchard berated him. I like the way that their pushing the importance of teamwork for this event. Huge 'Pritchard Sux' chant as they took us to our first commercial break.

-ADVERTS-

-The Night Sabu Made a Name For Himself in the WWF-

Sabu & Bam Bam Bigelow d. Squad CB (Agents Lief Cassidy & Mike Barton)

The Agents wanted to get in the ring with Bam Bam Bigelow, over something that happened like 3 weeks ago...Bam Bam insisted that Sabu tag with him, since it was he and Paulie that started the whole situation. I think it was over the span of 3 shows--then Wrestlemania happened, Paulie & Sabu turned face--and Bam Bam was blown off. Now all of a sudden they bring the feud back. It kinda makes sense, I guess, considering how it turned out...Sabu started out the match--and the whole time, Bam Bam refused to tag in. Good job to Joey Styles & Ventura on commentary, painting Bam Bam Bigelow as 'manipulating', Paulie & Sabu. Sabu was actually holding his own against both men, which got the crowd behind Sabu. At 6:44 into the match, Bam Bam simply walked away from the ring, jealous of the cheers that Sabu was getting. Being men of good sportsmanship, Agent Cassidy and Barton were going to stop the match, but Paulie took the mic and yelled;

'That is the Homicidal! Genocidal! Suicidal, Sabu!! The match continues!'. This started a HUGE Sabu chant.

**And continue it did. Sabu resorted to doing 'anything' to win. He started relying heavily on a chair--literally throwing it numerous times at Cassidy & Barton. The idea behind Sabu not getting disqualified was explained by the fact that he was 'managed by the WWF President', so the referee would dare not disqualify Sabu. Match came to a close when Sabu caught both Cassidy & Barton with a double Arabian Facebuster for the suprise victory. Huge "Sabu", chat. After the match--as an act of good will, both Cassidy & Barton shook Sabu's hand, to a nice applause from the crowd. Good job. This match definately elevated Sabu's WWF status, and added alot of heat to Bam Bam Bigelow, for him leaving Sabu.

Overall: 77

Crowd: 72

Bam Bam Bigelow gained overness from this feud ending. Sabu gained overness from this feud ending. Agent Leif Cassidy gained overness from this feud ending. Agent Mike Barton gained overness from this feud endin

-ADVERTS-

-Tammy Sytch & Steve Corino notice Johnny Ace's eccentric attitude-

Coming out of the break, we see 'Pretty' Paul Roma preparing for his upcoming match against Tony Halme. The WWF Champion, STeve Corino walks by his locker room with Jack Victory. Tammy went up to Steve and asked him, if he knew what was up with Johnny Ace today. She commented on how Ace locked himself in his lockeroom and was watching All Japan Pro Wrestling tapes of himself and Hansen winning various Tag Team Tournaments, before showing up in the WWF. Before Corino could comment, they 'suddenly' cut to the ring... 86%

-Johnny Ace wants to regain his 'PRIDE']

Johnny Ace was standing in the ring with a microphone. This was scary. Ace started rambling on about how he and Stan Hansen are thought of as icons in All Japan, and how their attempts at WWF Domination were ruined by The Finnish NightmareTony Halme...

"...man....We had it all!! And you ruined it Ludvig Borga--oh..I mean Tony Halme!! We had one of the greatest managers in the history of our great sport! We had one of the greatest minds in pro-wrestling! And we had--and still do though--But we had one of the greatest assembled wrestlers from all over the world! First we were apart of The Cartel, joining forces with Bruce Pritchard, Paul Heyman & Sabu, and then you and James E. Cornette!. Then we branched away from Pritchard & Heyman--and Cornette promised to lead us to greatness! He knew all the loopholes! He knew all the shortcuts! He's been in the NWA, USWA, and even had his own promotion--SMW! So with him leading us, our stable, PRIDE, was destined for greatness! But then--what happened? You turned your back on him! Just so that you can here the cheers of these stupid ungrateful American Wrestling Fans--you chose Gimmick over Wrestling...THE FINNISH HAMMER!! THE FINNISH NIGHTMARE! BLAH!!! Not only did you turn your back on Cornette--but you put him on the injury list--now he's regulated to doing PHAT TV with Eric Bischoff! You put one of the greatest minds of Pro-Wrestling, and you dropped him on his head! And you know who the biggest loosers are in all of this!? US!!! PRIDE!! Me, Hansen, Tenzan, Akiyama--why? Because no-one wants to see a bunch of 'boring' wrestlers perform! No one cares that we are probably the best darn wrestlers in the WWF today, ring-wise! And without Cornette--no one will listen to us. Dammit, I may be American--but I'm still as every bit of a foreigner like my stablemates--Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Jun Akiyama! The same can be said for Stan Hansen! And I ain't here to do no' gimmicky challenge! I ain't here to make no big ol' testimate! But I'm saying this--Halme! I've had this boiling in for far too long!! Before tonight is over--we only need one time--We will make you pay! The PRIDE way!.... "

Wow. Very emotional interview from Johnny Ace. But his voice is so monotone, that at many points of his promo, there were audible chants of 'boring' from the crowd...64%

Johnny Ace lost overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

'Pretty' Paul Roma d. 'The Finnish Hammer' Tony Halme

This match was billed as a 'power vs. power' match. Crowd really hates Roma, which is always good. However, Halme's wrestling is just awful. Match came to a close after Roma nailed his patented superplex on Halme in 8:44. Wow. Halme may be on his way out of the WWF with a squash like that.

Overall: 78

Crowd: 90

Match: 52

-PRIDE goes into a full attack on Halme-

After Roma left the ring, PRIDE'S music, which is basically Japan's National Anthem hit. Coming out to a huge heel reacion was Johhny Ace, leading Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Stan Hansen, & Jun Akiyama to the ring. They then went on a full fledged attack on their former stablemate--which honestly seemed like it was a showcase for PRIDE, with the way that they were tossing Halme around....

Jun Akiyama, started the attack...kicking Halme who was already down, with some stiff boots to the head. Ace kept yelling, "Give him the Exploder! Give him The Exploder!"...Akiyama obliged, nailing Halme with 4 consecutive varied suplex...one of which almost dropping him right on his head.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan was next, as Akiyama backed off, done with his onslaught. Tenzan nailed Halme with two somoan drops, followed by his diving headbutt off of the top rope. He then went up to the top rope again, and nailed a moonsault on Halme. He got the biggest reaction, behind Hansen.

Johnny Ace, was next in line. He started screaming at Halme, who was struggling to get on his feet--'This one's for Cornette!!', before nailing him with 2 Ace Crushers (Diamond Cutters), which busted Halme open.

Stan Hansen was apparently the final blow, as he started stretching his hand, giving the sign for his patented Western Lariat. He did his taunt, which really got the crowd going. Halme slowly got to his feet, and was nailed with a Hansen Lariat, that nearly took off his head. With that, the four members of PRIDE posed for the crowd, on top of a beaten Tony Halme. Ventura on commmentary kept saying about how this was months in the making, and finally PRIDE had enough of being ignored. The Japanese national Anthem played all the way until the commercial break....

80% [sTABLE ATTACK WORKER-ANGLE]

-ADVERTS-

-Tony Halme's Help turns into More Hurt-

Returning from the commercial break, Halme was still hurt in the ring, now being helped by WWF Medics. However, Halme--working off of the chants of the crowd, kept shoving off the medics--in an attempt to walk off 'on his own'. Ventura was hilarious in calling Halme a stupid Hellsinkian, saying; 'Man, Styles, those people from them third world countries don't known help when its handed to them, man! Who does Halme think he is!?'. The medics kept trying to help Halme, but he kept pushing them away. Finally, the head medic told all of his men to back up and let Halme get up on his own--but then he started KICKING HALME!! The crowd jumped all over the Doctor right away. Styles must've yelled 'Oh My Gawd' like 12 times here; "Oh My Gawd! The Doctor's beating up Halme! The Doctor's beating up Halme! The Doctor's beating up Halme!." The head medic walked off, and was identified by Joey Styles as Dr. Simon Diamond...Ventura insisted that Halme deserved it, for not accepting Diamond's and the rest of the medical staff's help...Um. Two attacks in one half hour. Are they burying Halme? 64%

[WORKER ATTACK--ANGLE]

Tony Halme lost overness from this segment. Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-Lawler provides More Trouble for Carl P. Oulette-

Steve Corino d. Carl P. Oulette (Non Title)

Wow. Good match here. Especially for a TV bout. Corino is really showing that he's a strong WWF Champion, while Oulette showed here, that he can definately hang with the upper card of the WWF. Oulette suprised the crowd with his agility here, suprising Corino, early with his Cannonball finisher. But Corino kicked out, since it was only 5 minutes into the match. This got the crowd into it right away, as--at this point--the crowd actually believed that Oulette might have a chance at defeated Corino. Jerry Lawler eventually made his way down the isle, and got into a shouting match with Oulette. Whilst the arguing was going on, Victory, on the other corner gave Corino powder...when Oulette turned around he was hit square in the face with powder. The referee was preoccupied with Lawler, who he was trying to get away from the ring. Corino then rolled up a blinded Oulette for the victory, with holding a handfull of tights as well. Corino gets the cheap victory, with a powder spot brought out of the old school treasure box. I like how they're actually selling the old school ideas. RAW went off the air with a close up of Corino, Victory and Lawler, as they back peddled to the curtain as Lawler yelled at Oulette, various fat jokes, and Corino yelled to Bret via the Camera; "Bret, you're looking at more than a 'HITMAN!'--no no, You're looking at an unbeatable 'IRON MAN!'!! Hahaha!...

Match: 81

Show Quality: 80%

Other Shows:

Head to Head, WCW Monday Night WAR -TNT - 7.83

Graveyard, ECA Late Night Monday -UPN- 3.90

Biggest Complaint: Johnny Ace taking up nearly 5 minutes of mic time alone.

Behind The Scenes Issues: Barry Horowitz Back Injury; 2 Months

Iron Mike Sharpe Leg Injury; 5 months

WWF Worldwide Preview

IT'S LLX WEEKEND!!!!

--The Return Of Max Moon!

Max Moon vs. 'Pretty' Paul Roma

--Stan Hansen vs. Tony Halme

--Sabu vs. Violent J

--THE RETURN OF THE SOUL ZONE;

This week's guest--Dr. Simond Diamond!

--In the Building for LLX Weekend, The Triple Threat, The Canadian Foundation, President Paulie Dangerously, and More!!!

April 26th, 1997

Venue: Tigerlee Zone Dome - Detriot, MI

Announcing Team: Sean Mooney & Ric Flair

By

Dave Schmeltzer

Sean Mooney & Ric Flair opened the show running down the card, and pushing LLX weekend. They mentioned that a replacement for Honky Tonk Man as Bob Backlund's LLX partner would be decided tonight. Flair's music, then hit, as he made his way to the ring. Since when do commentators get there own ring music? Flair brought out Mr. Perfect, and starting praising him--since he was a member of the Four Horsemen. Perfect said, that tommorow night, he wasn't going to leave LLX empty handed; and that he was going to walk out of LLX the new WWF Intercontinental Champion. Perfect said that he doesn't know anything about The Gladiator Mike Awesome. All that he knew, is that he was just signed to a huge WWF contract from All Japan Pro Wrestling. After the interview, I guess for nostaglia purposes, Flair and Perfect strutted all over the ring. Crowd was solidly behind both, Perfect & Flair. 90%

-Dutch plans to woe Francine with WWF Gold-

The Giant Silva d. Agent Mike Barton

This was actually not such a bad match. Silva is extremely mobile for his huge size; and he's a solid brawler. For this reason, his brawling spots with Barton were very well done. The match came to a quick end when Silva nailed Barton with his chokeslam for the victory. After the match, Dutch Mantell was heard yelling at Silva; 'Tommorow night is our night 'boy! We bring that Intercontinental Title around yo' giant waist! And then, Francine! The woman of my dreams; will come crawling to me! Hahaha! C'mon boy!'

Overall: 62

The Giant Silva gained overness from this match.

-ADVERTS-also, DODGE COMMERCIAL with Mr. Perfect

user posted image

Gotta love The Slickster. This week, his guest was the head medic who attacked Tony Halme earlier this week on RAW, Dr. Simon Diamond. When he was introduced, Diamond didn't get much of a reaction, since at this point--he's merely a Doctor....

Slick"...and so..mah bruthaaaaahhhhhhh---everyone wants to know why...oh whyeeee, did yaa start kicking Tony Halme on Monday! He was down and out!!"

Dr. Diamond" Well you know what, Slick,

Simon has a problem, with people who don't appreciate help!

Simon has a problem, with people who push people around like they're nothing!

Simon has a problem, with people who don't respect my profession! And when, Halme kept pushing my Medical Team around, he showed that he's nothing more than an ungrateful scum! Now I see, why PRIDE, attacked him in the first place! He wasn't appreciative of the leadership that James E. Cornette brought to the organisation! He wasn't---

Bob Backlund appears from the curtain, and makes his way toward the 'Soul Zone'. The TV audience doesn't see Backlund until he's actually on the SZ set--but the sudden 'booes' of the crowd foreshadow his appearance.

Backlund" Good Evening, Slick, Good evening, Dr. Diamond. Diamond--I saw what you did to Halme last week. And I must say, I respect a man of your ideals. We need more people like that around here. When you are passionate about something, your emotions sometime take over your actions, young man--And thats what happened to you last week. I mean...you hurt Tony Halme. Sure, he was already pretty busted up--but adding pain to a man of that size is NOT easy. I believe that you can use that emotion beyond the field of medicine. Diamond--how would you like to be my partner, tommorow night at LLX. There's only 1 of 3 people that I want to see win that IC title--Jeff Jarrett, me, or--Dr. Simon Diamond..."

Slick" If Eyyeeeeeeeeeee maaaayyyyy interrrrgaaaact heaa!! Isn't yo' partnaaaaa supposed to be raaandomley chooozzzzeeen?"

Backlund" Yes...but I was given special permission--given the circumstances by which my partner was removed--to pick my own partner...whataya say, young man? Dr. Diamond. Use your passion for the sport of Pro-Wrestling."

Diamond (Looks around to the crowd...People were starting to get into this interview, yelling for Diamond not to accept)" Tommorow night; LLX--Simon Has a Partner!"

The crowd booes, as Diamond shakes Backlund's hand, as Slick's music begins to play, ending the Soul Zone. Bob Backlund & Simon Diamond? Very smart way of getting Diamond over, breaking him nicely into a wrestler, with a logical explanation....

74%

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment. Bob Backlund gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

-The Finnish Hammer Arrives-

Sometimes they call him, The Finnish Hammer, other times, The Finnish Nightmare. I guess at this point, it doesn't really matter, since he seems to be Finnished. I love that joke. Hammer arrived, where Eric Bischoff was waiting by the door. Halme's eye was swollen from the PRIDE attack from Monday; Bischoff stopped him, and asked him, if he was ready for tonights match against Hansen. Halme answered in the form of a question; "Is Hansen Ready For A Finnish Nightmare?" As I was watching, I literally was rolling after Flair's comment here;

'The man doesn't understand English! Woo--He was asked a question--woo--and he didn't answer it! Wooo! You speak Finnish, Mooney?' 83%

-ADVERTS- plus, SUBWAY advert with Tony Halme

-President Paulie Praises Sabu-

President Paulie came out with Sabu, and went on about how Sabu overcame all odds by taking on SQUAD CB, even after he was deserted by a jealous Bam Bam Bigelow. They showed highlights of that match, as Paulie went on about how Sabu was trained by the Original Sheik. Yes. We know Paul. The crowd really is getting into Sabu, and started a 'Sabu' chant, as Paulie introduced Sabu to the ring for his upcoming match. 91%

Sabu d. Violent J

I think its safe to say that Sabu is a WWF mainstay now. Wow, these next couple of days are going to be a huge part in WWF history. With guys like Sabu stepping up in the ranks, I have to think that some jobs are going to be lost....

Overall: 70

Crowd: 81

-Simon Diamond insults 'The Nature Boy'-

They return us to the Arena where Mooney & Flair are going back and forth about how crazy Sabu & Violent J were in their last match. Simon Diamond makes his way up to the announcers table. He has a house mic, and begins running down Flair immediately. He tells Flair that he used to look up to Flair, and how it hurt him to see Flair become a colour commentator. This got him some cheers. But then his praise, turned quickly to insult. He said that now, Flair was going to be forced to announce the Year Of The Diamond, as Simon Diamond rises to WWF greatness. Flair stood up, and told Diamond that the attention that he was getting was going to his head, and that he should cool it...Diamond replied with a comment that was so funny, saying it to Flair got him more heat then he originaly had--from just simply joining forces with Backlund--

Flair" Let me tell ya something, pal! 4 Time WWF Champion, right here! I beat, Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Ted Dibiase, The Mountie---"

Simon Dimond" SIMON DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD TALK!! YOU LOOSE! SIMON SAYS; GAME OVER! HAHAHA!!!"

Diamond then walked off, to a tight heel repsonce. For the first time, in a long time, someone upped one on The Nature Boy. Max Moon's music began to play, which got the crowd cheering once again. 74%

Simon Diamond gained overness from this segment.

-The Moon vs. The Darkside-

Max Moon d. 'Pretty' Paul Roma

Match started off see-saw like, with both men frequently switching between offense & defense. However, at 8:33, Moon started to do, what Mooney was calling; a Moon Surge...which I guess Max Moon's new gimmicky name for a comeback. Moon started no-selling Roma's punches and kicks, eventually getting Roma down & nailing him with a 450 splash--I mean, a Moon Splash, for the victory. After the 3 count, instead of Moon's music playing; The Undertaker's music hit as Undertaker & Bruce Pritchard appeared on the curtain. Officials quickly flooded from the back preventing a 'collision of this magnitude'. Mike Rotunda tripped on his way to sprinting to the ring....

Match: 62

-Corino - Bret; The Pre-LLX Confrontation-

Sgt. Slaughter was next shown in the back to a huge pop. The camera widened, and revealed Bret 'Hitman' Hart to an even louder pop, and a 'Hitman' chant. Bret Hart, as the top face, is doing wonders for the ratings right now. Shawn Michaels is doing wonders for WCW ratings. If those two were both in the WWF now, I doubt they would be able to co-exist. ;)

Sarge simply asked Bret, is he ready to 5 Peat. Bret got a little emotional. He mentioned the battles with Ric Flair that he had to go through, in defending the WWF World title. He even went back to The Power struggle in the Old Canadian Foundation, between him and The Mountie, that he went through for the WWF Title. He ended on pointing out how, after all those years, he ended Ted Dibiase's 1 1/2 year run as WWF Champion. This reference leads me to believe that those Dibiase rumours, could be somewhat true. Crowd also popped big for Dibiase's name mention. Suddenly, Corino showed up on screen with Jack Victory. I like how they're kinda keeping The Triple Threat separate--yet united at the same time. Corino started impersonating Bret Hart choking up, and left with his final words of...

"That was the past...The Future is now! The Future is Steve Corino! The Future is The King Of Old School!! The Future is, Steve "The Ironman" Corino!! Hahaha! And Bret, I'm serious with what I said! I wouldn't show up tommorow night, if I were you! You see Bret, I've noticed that you seem to talk about the past alot...well, sometimes the past comes back to bite you right in the--'Executioner'. And if you can't Execute...whattaya got left? Nothing but a grease haired Hitman! Hahaha"

Corino walked off with Victory Laughing. Excellent close up of a confused Bret Hart, as they faded us into commercial break...88%

-ADVERTS-

-Hansen Salutes An Uknown; Halme shaken up-

Stan Hansen vs. Tony Halme

I can't believe this is a WWF Main Event...and an accepted Main Event at that. The crowd was into what was largely a match straight out of All Japan. Both Hansen & Halme work extremely stiff style, and did so in this match. Hansen started off the match nailing Halme with some hard forearm shots to the head, which staggered Halme. But Halme faught back with some heafty shots of his own. Mooney made many references to Halme's Boxing Career, which has me confused--as I thought Halme was on his way out. Why would they be mentioning these things which will get him over? Halme started using those boxing skills and nailing Hansen with some strong hook shots to the ribs, which sent Hansen galloping out of the ring, and around the ring for cover. Halme followed him, attacking him from behind, then throwing him into the railing. Halme had the upper hand now, and was sparking a 'Nightmare' chant. This was getting Halme fired up, as he really started to nail Hansen hard with some shots to the head--still outside the ring. Halme nailed Hansen with 2 back drops outside of the ring. Halme then went underneath the ring a pulled out a table! He put Hansen on top of it...then stood upright--gave Hansen a poorly executed piledriver on top of the table. The two just stumbled off the table as it it was not one of those gimmicked tables used by the Indis.Halme rolled Hansen back into the ring, at 11:22 and started to body slam Hansen over and over, until his back gave out. The last body slam, sent Halme down on one knee, trying to shake the sudden pain in his back. Hansen's lip was busted open at this point, with a bloody mouth, as he too, tried to battle back up to his feet... Halme then gave the sign--for the Torture Rack Neck Drop. Crowd popped nicely for this as Halme *tried* to get Hansen up over his head. But Hansen blocked it with a Hansen elbow to the back of the head, followed by a quick short range Western Lariat, once again nearly taking off Halme's head, as he did on Monday. Referee Shane McMahon counted to 3, as Hansen won a tough match against The Finnish Nightmare. Signs that Road Agent Antonio Inoki may be excercising his booking power, is immenent here. Rumours are going around that Vince McMahon doesn't want to miss out on the attention that WCW is getting with Shawn Michaels - Keiji Mutoh, and of course Pillman - Hogan.

After Hansen gave his taunt, he pointed in the direction of the top of the arena...In one of the higher sections of the arena was Japanese athlete, Hayabusa...looking on....

Match: 55

Flair" Whoooaaa, Mooney! Woo--I know that man! He's from the rising sun! He's crazy! He's wild! "

Mooney" But what is he doing here? Why did Hansen salute him!"

Flair" Woooooooooo, Mooney!! I've got LLX fever!! Wooo!"

Mooney" It's Lethal Lottery Xtreme! There can be only 1 winner in THIS Lottery! Join us, tommorow night on Pay Per View, live from Amarillo Texas--LLX!!"

Flair" Woooooooooo!!!"

Show Quality: 74% :)

Other Shows: Early Evening; WCW Saturday Night - 7.36

Biggest Complaint: Sean Mooney's announcing

The next show is...

L.L.X

WWF World Title Match!

'The King Of Old School' Steve Corino vs. Bret 'Hitman' Hart

(Champion)

Memphis Street Fight!!

Jerry 'The King'Lawler (Undefeated in MSF's) vs. Carl P. Oulette

LETHAL LOTTERY MATCH #1

The Undertaker & Flexx Kavanna vs. Max Moon & Koko B. Ware

LETHAL LOTTER MATCH #2

The Lightning Kid & 'Pretty' Paul Roma vs. Stan Hansen & The Giant Silva

LETHAL LOTTERY MATCH #3

Agent Lief Cassidy & Sabu vs. Mr. Perfect & The Gladiator Mike Awesome (Debut)

Also, Lethal Lotter Match #4!

Bob Backlund & The Honky Tonk Man vs. New Jack & Tony Halme

Battle Royal

IC Title Match

Jeff Jarret vs. ?

---

if you haven't made predictions yet...why not?

Give it a shot...selected winner gets a cameo at LLX.

user posted image

April 31st, 1997

Lethal Lottery Xtreme-

Venue: Manhattan Centre, New York City - NY

Attendance: 25,000

Announcing Team: Seargant Slaughter & Jesse 'The Body' Ventura.

Referee Team: Dave Hebner, Shane McMahon, Jimmy Korderas, Joey Marella, John Finnegan, Bill Alfonso, Dave Hebner, Billy Silverman,Earl Hebner, Charles Robinson, Jim Mollineaux

The Locker Room

As usual Ric Flair was walking around with a huge chip on his shoulder. Hey, its not my fault that his leg's gone. I think he realises that his career will soon be winding down--so time spent on the sidelines is time being wasted. Jacques Rougeau showed up with his Mountie ring gear. I congratulated him on his 38th Birthday, then simply moved on. I warned him, that even though he wanted back in the federation, his role was going to be very limited, as the WWF was moving in a new direction now. He accepted, then continued on with his gear to his locker room.

I looked at my watch; 30 minutes before bell time. I had to meet with THE CARTEL and the wrestlers to go over a few points....

Vince Russo" Ok...are we aware of the goals for tonight? We've achieved our highest 'rated' card last month. But now, we're aiming for something different. We've got the hype--so I'm banking that we're going to get a good buyrate. In turn, tonight, we're not looking for a 'best' card. We've got alot of mixed talent in there tonight. Tonight, we're aiming to entertain. Tonight, we build on what we've built!"

Dillon" That's right guys. Tonight, really sell the tag team descrepencies. Really sell those spots! Really sell, what makes the WWF better than Ted Turner's WCW, or Jim Crockett's GCG, or ECA!"

---------------------------------------

Report by

Dave Schmeltzer

user posted imageuser posted image

WWF LLX Announcers, Sgt. Slaughter &

Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Lethal Lottery Xtreme saw a live crowd of 22,081. The announcers kept pushing it as 25,000, which is pushing it. For comparison, WCW's Slamboree, drew 22,440 for Michaels/Hogan vs. Pillman/Mutoh. However, the WWF isn't in bad shape whatsoever. This month they made a profit of just over $12 mil. Part of this has to do with there downsizing of their roster over the last 8 months, along with doing great with house shows. Business hasn't been this good since the mid 80's. For further comparison, ECA's Televisized large event, 'Combat Connection', drew 4326, while GCG's drew 4394. The industry is getting very intersting in a hurry.

The Pay Per View opened up with Jesse 'The Body' Ventura coming at first, and posing a bit for the fans. He had the house mic, and kept going on about how he coudn't stand to do another Pay Per View with either McMahon or Styles. Suddenly, Sgt. Slaughter's music hit to a huge pop. Slaughter, who was sporting a nice suit, joined Ventura, and told him that he was going to take Ventura and 'Shape him back into place.' At first, I cringed at Slaughter being given the lead announcers roll, but Slaughter, when not screaming, actually has a nice 'old school wrestling voice'. Ventura started screaming and yelling about not wanting McMahon or Styles, and Slaughter didn't make it better. Slaughter kept laughing as Agent Lief Cassidy made his way to the ring.

1. LLM #1- Agent Lief Cassidy & Sabu vs. Gladiator Mike Awesome & Mr. Perfect -Referee Joey Marella

I don't understand why they still have Al Snow wearing that stupid 'Rockers' outfit. Probably part of his 'secret'. Aside from the Intercontinental Title Match, itself, this was probably one of the best matches on the card. The Ted Dibiase rumours were proven correct when The Million Dollar Man appeared with the debuting Gladiator Mike Awesome. Dibiase got huge pop, especially since this was in his hometown of Amarillo Texas. Slaughter kept yelling 'I don't believe it!' to the point that even Ventura got sick of it saying, 'Do ya believe it, Slaughter?' Awesome started off the match against Cassidy, overpowering him in every way possible. Cassidy went against the ropes and tried a bodypress, but was caught, and thrown to the side by Awesome. Cassidy then tried to lock-up with Awesome 3 times--and was thrown to the mat three times. At this point, Dibiase's trademark laugh was heard from outside the ring. According to several sources, Dibiase was signed to a multi year $246,000/mo contract as a manager. Which is perfect for Dibiase. Speaking of Perfect, Perfect blind tagged The Gladiator, who seemed to be having fun in there by himself. Cassidy then tagged out to Sabu, leading to a series of great spots between Sabu & Hennig. Cool spot at 8:34 saw Perfect go into a arm-drag fest with Sabu--with the final one sending Sabu sliding out of the ring, directly in the ring stairs. Cassidy was later tagged in and did some great mat-work with Perfect. At 15:33, Dibiase kept screaming for Perfect to tag Gladiator in the match. But Perfect had Cassidy right where he wanted him. Perfect had just nailed Cassidy with his patented snap pare-elbow combination, and was setting up Cassidy for the Perfect Plex. But he was fatigued, and the announcers sold this point really well; citing that Cassidy should indeed make the tag. Perfect paused his attack to shout back at Dibiase, that he had the match under control. A brief shouting match between the two ensued, until Perfect went back on the attack, but got wrapped into a small cradle by Cassidy, for a near fall. Gladiator tried to enter the ring, but Marella ran right to Gladiator stopping him from entering the ring. I guess this was Dibiase's cue, as he got in the ring, and started yelling at Perfect for nearly loosing the match. Out of frustration, and to a big pop, Dibiase sinched on the Million Dollar Dream onto Perfect to a loud heel reaction. Dibiase then gave Gladiator some sort of signal, and they left the ring area. Sabu, who was just tagged in, nailed a fallen Perfect with the arabian facebuster to give his team the victory. Sabu & Lief Cassidy advance to the Lethal Lottery Battle Royale! President Paulie Dangerously ran to the ring to congratulate his man, Sabu. Good match. Dibiase's return kept the crowds attention away from the actaul match, though. ***

Match: 81

Ventura" Dibiase is here! He's back! And he's got all of the money!"

Slaughter" Yea, and he used that money to acquire The Gladiator!!"

Ventura" He's amazing! I'm glad they left! Mr. Perfect didn't appreciate the awesome force of The Gladiator!"

2. LLM #2- The Undertaker & Flexx Kavanna vs. Max Moon & Koko B. Ware - Referee Billy Silvermann

Talk about wierd pairings. This one was just eerie. Heavy stalling time early in the match, saw Koko B. Ware do the Bird-Man Flap in front of Max Moon, trying to get him to join in, but Moon just stared at Koko like he was retarded. Moon also spent most of the match, examining Koko's bird, being held by ring announcer, Joe Pedicino. Flexx Kavanna, wasn't tagged into the match once, as he was 'afraid' of telling the Undertaker to tag him in. Max Moon & The Undertaker, which is the match-up that everyone was really looking forward to, finally happened at 9:33. Moon landed a flurry of dropkicks on The Undertaker, but taker no-sold each of them until Moon ran out of gas. A fatigued Moon tagged out to Koko who tried dropkicks of his own, but was also no-sold. 4 minutes later, Moon, who was tagged back in almost got the Undertaker down, by rolling around the Undertaker, and catching him with a frankensteiner out of no where, to a nice pop. He then quickly went up to the top rope, for a cross body block, but Undertaker caught him, and just nailed him with the Tombstone for the victory. Kavanna was hilarious here, jumping into the ring and celebrating as if he did all of the work himself...The Undertaker & Koko B. Ware Advance to the Lethal Lotter Battle Royale! After the match, Butch Reed, Koko's partner, & The Doctor Of Style Slick entered the ring, and started berating Moon for loosing. DOOM E.D. then held Moon as Slick nailed Moon with cane shots to the ribs. I hope his biological Moon children weren't watching.**

Overall: 63

Crowd: 75

Match:60

Flex Kavanna gained overness from this match.

Ventura" Man! What's that Kavanaa celebratin' for! The Prince Of Prime Time Did all of the work!"

Slaughter" As true as that may be, Private Ventura, both men advance to the Lethal Lottery Battle Royal!"

Ventura" What ya say about my Privates?"

Slaughter""

3. The Lightning Kid & Pretty Paul Roma vs. Stan Hansen & The Giant Silva - Jim Mollineaux

This was Giant Silva's time to shine, as he started the match off against The Kid. The size difference was severe, that it was comical at the same time. Slaughter mentioned that Silva at one point was actually apart of PRIDE with Stan Hansen, and linked his depature to the departure of James E. Cornette as manager. Good job in putting alot of importance on Cornette's past role in PRIDE. Silva started off the match, basically forcing a claw hold on The Kid. Tammy & Roma were watching, frightened from the outside of the ring. Silva kicked the Kid around, and nailed an elbow drop on him. Kid started to mount a small comeback, landing some kicks on Silva, but quickly tagged out to Roma, after they were having no effect. Roma started flexing in front of Silva, but was quickly knocked off his feet with a Silva slap accross the face. Silva nailed Roma with two suplexes, before catching him with a running elbow. Silva continues to impress many with his mobility. He tagged out to Hansen, who had his way with Roma, until Tammy pulled on Hansen's foot from the outside of the ring, when they were near the turnbuckle. Roma tagged out to kid, who started to land a plethora of martial arts kicks to Hansen in the corner. At 11:33, a cool spot gave Hansen back the upper edge. Kid thew Hansen into the ropes, setting up for a spinning cartwheel kick, but Hansen caught his leg, and shoved him back into the ropes. The Kid awkwardly bounced of the ropes, into a crashing western Lariat from Hansen. At this point, Dutch Mantell started yelling for Hansen to tag out to Silva so that he could finish of the Kid for good. He tagged him in. Just as Silva pulled up the kid, one-handed by his neck, setting up for the chokeslam, Diesel was marching down to the ring, with a mic in his hand;

Diesel" You big ape, Silva! You're gonna put me in the hospital for 3 weeks, and you think I'm gonna just sit in the back and let you go on to win the Intercontinental Title!? You messed with the wrong biker! I'm gonna--"

With those words, Diesel walked closer to the ring, and grabbed Dutch Mantell. This caused Silva to drop kid, like a toothpick, and go outside the ring to fight Diesel. The two brawled--with a heavy advantage to Silva--all the way to the back. Referee Jim Mollineaux called for the bell, and awarded the match to The Lightning Kid & Pretty Paul Roma by Countout, as Silva 'willingly' left the ring. Sometimes its so wierd to see Mollineaux refereeing a WWF Match, then i keep remembering that WWF did buy out ECW, last year.

Hayabusa & Hakushi - Team H

Hansen stood in the ring and started arguing with Mollineaux that his team should've won, by DQ. But Mollineaux pushed the idea that it was Silva who chose to exit the ring and go after Diesel. The Kid chose to stick around to make sure that the decision wasn't changed. Suddenly the arena lights went out, for about 20 seconds. When the lights were re-lit, standing beside Hansen were Japanese Wrestlers, Hayabusa & Hakushi. Mollineaux fled the ring in a heartbeat, leaving Kid staring face to face with these Japanese unknowns--at least to WWF Fans, in their WWF Debut. Hakush struck first, catching the Kid square on the side of the face with a well placed crescent kick. Hayabusa followed suit with a spinning air kick off the ropes. Hakushi then followed that with his patented rope walking spot, which got the crowd into the attack. Hayabusa then followed with his insane looking soomersault splash off the top rope. Slaughter was going nuts on commentary at this point, as was Hansen, in the ring with his bullrope. All three men posed for a short while before exiting to the ring, leaving The Kid laid out.**1/2

Overall: 66

Crowd: 75

Commentary Aftermath

Slaughter" I know those wrestlers! That's Hayabusa! The other is Hakushi! They are known in Japan for their amazing ring talents!! They are unearthly!"

Ventura" And they must known Hansen from his days in Japan! I hear he's a legend over there!"

Slaughter" Well, he's a former WWF Tag Team Champion, here--with Johnny Ace! He's no slouch here, either! And...they're together! This...this...this is not good, Soldier."

Ventura" Soldier?"

user posted imageuser posted image

Team H, Hayabusa & Hakushi have

made their first WWF Appearance...

4. Carl P. Oulette vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler - Memphis Street Fight - Referee Shane McMahon

I'm suprised that they had this match, positioned where they had it. But I think that they wanted to avoid having two back to back Triple Threat member matches, as well as not wanting to overheat the crowd right before the I-C title match. Typical match that you'd expect. Lawler started off lunging at Oulette, but Oulette kept frustrating him by countering his punches and kicks with slick counter-moves. Alot of taunting the crowd by Lawler, including frequent pauses to berate Oulette on the house mic. At 9:56, Oulette nailed Lawler with a backdrop off of the top turnbuckle, then made the sign for the Cannonball. The crowd was really into Oulette at this point, singing "Olay", for the last half of the match. Oulette slowly walked up the turnbuckle...at this point The Mountie Jacques Rougeau emerged from the curtain! He got an immense pop from the crowd. The last that was heard of the Mountie was when he stepped down as leader of the Canadian Foundation, and let Bret assume the position of leader. Oulette went for the Cannonball, but missed. At this point, Lawler, slowly recovering, did his shoulder strap spot...but was shocked to see The Mountie Jacques Rougeau at Ringside. I think they're actually calling him by that now, as Slaughter kept yelling that full name out. Lawler started yelling at Rougeau telling him to "Go back to France/Canada!", and telling him; "Nobody here called the Canadian Police! Get out of here, ya looser!" Oulette slowly recovered from his missed cannonball, accompanied by a crowd full of singing fans, still singing "Oley". He sinched onto Lawler from behind and nailed him with a nice German Suplex. He picked him up again, and nailed him with another two German Suplexes. At this point, with Rougeau cheering him on, on the outside, Oulette climbed the turnbuckle once more, and this time, nailed Lawler with the Cannonball!! Carl P. Oulette has defeated Jerry Lawler, in 13:21! After the match, Oulette celebrated in the ring with his former mentor Jacques Rougeau. I think Rougeau was brought in, for only a one time appearance. But, if so--it was worth it. The crowd chanting "Olay", the whole time while Oulette & Rougeau walked to the back. Huge victory for Oulette. **1/2

Crowd: 91

Carl Oulette gained overness from this match.

Commentary Aftermatch

Slaughter" What a match! Lawler gave it his all! But Oulette had Lawler's number!"

Ventura" Yea, but what the hell was Rougeau doing here? I hope he's captured and escorted out of the building by REAL police!"

Slaughter" Well we have 8 competitors set for the Battle Royale, one more Lethal Lottery Match to go!"

5. New Jack & 'The Finnish Nightmare' Tony Halme vs. Mr. Bob Backlund & Simon Diamond

This match was ruined due to the loud "Olay" singing that took place from the crowd. They were still buzzing over the Oulette victory, along with Rougeau, over Lawler. The announcers mentioning that Oulette has proven himself to the fans, beyond what he had to, since they had to acknowledge the loud chanting. Diamond blew a spot where he was supposed to reverse roll up pin from New Jack..instead he just escaped, making New Jack basically do a flip for nothing...which made New Jack look kinda dumb. But Diamond's young, so that's expected of him. Final moments of the match saw Halme 'loose it', in what seems to be a character 'reconstructing' gimmick for Halme. At 8:33, after Bob Backlund tried to catch Halme with the chicken wing, Halme seemingly lost it, and started screaming and yelling in Finnish, pounding Backlund with some stiff body hook punches in the process. Crowd just started chanting 'Olay' louder. Finally Backlund tagged out to Diamond, who was tagged in to take the Torture Rack Neck Breaker from Halme, for the victory for his team! Tony Halme & New Jack Advance to the Lethal Lottery Battle Royale!*1/2

Overall: 54

Crowd: 52

Match: 68

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Ventura" I'm telling ya, Sarge--that man is unstable! He thinks this is like his boxing matches! This ain't boxing!"

Sarge" Well, he's using his background to his advantage!"

Ventura" Just say it Sarge, HE'S CHEATING!"

The Reincarnation of PRIDE!!

Tony Halme was pumped up. As was New Jack, and they celebrated for quite a while in the ring. At this point, Ted Dibiase led his man, The Gladiator Mike Awesome into the ring. After a brief stare down, Awesome kicked both Halme and New Jack int he chest, sending New Jack down, and outside of the ring--and Halme into the turnbuckle. He continued on Halme in the corner, stomping him down, until he was literally in the squat position, cornered in the turnbuckle. Dibiase kept screaming to him; "Give Him, The Awesome Bomb! Nail him with the Awesome Bomb!"...And with that, Gladiator gave Halme 3 consecutive delayed power bombs. But this wasn't all. The Japanese National Anthem began to play, as Stan Hansen, led to the ring, in this order--Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Johnny Ace, Hayabusa and Hakushi (Team H) to the ring. The paused to all look at Dibiase--and then, acting as if Dibiase's trademark laugh was a cue, they proceeded to all stomp on Halme, who was still struggling in the corner! Dibiase kept laughing asTenzan laid chops onto Halme, followed by a somoan drop, followed by more boots to the head of Halme. Ted Dibiase then screamed at Pedicino to give him the microphone...

The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

" Hahahahaha!! That's right! This is all me right here!! Hahaha! You see, the WWF really wanted nothing to do with me! The last time I was here--I've held a title here, it was the WWF World Title and it was for 1 year and a half! So now, they say..'lets hire him as a manager'! They figure that as a manager, I'll just be here with my man, The Gladiator Mike Awesome, and I'll be quiet! BUT THEY WERE WRONG! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! You see, when I found, The Gladiator in the wonderful country of Japan--I also became aware of two of the most amazing wrestlers in the world! MY MILLION DOLLAR TEAM; TEAM H--Hayabusa & Hakush!! And together...Team H, Gladiator and I, have joined forces, with PRIDE, to make PRIDE better than ever, and take over the WWF, showing you what REEEEAAAAL wrestling is all about! It's a great honour to be re-united with a person whom I used to tag with in Japan--Stan Hansen! Hansen, Ace, Tenzan, Akiyama...I promise you, THE WWF IS OURS! BWAHAHAHAHA! And our first order of business; is to rid the WWF of the man who held PRIDE back! The man who retarded PRIDE'S progress here in America!! Tony Halme!! WE WILL NOT REST, UNTIL YOU ARE OUT OF THE WWF!!! Bwahahaha!!! PRIDE shall conquer all! Hahahaha!!!!"

With that, Ted Dibiase declared himself as the new manager of PRIDE. At first, I thought him only managing Mike Awesome was kind of a waste. But now...Dibiase has a great role. And things are only going to get more interesting with Dibiase in charge of these guys. Fans were really back to digging into Dibiase. They showed Jim Cornette & Road Agent Antonio Inoki, the original founders of PRIDE, looking on from a distance... 76%

user posted image

Ted Dibiase, back in the WWF, and the

New Manager of PRIDE

5.Sabu won the 12 Man Over the Top Rop Battle Royal For a Shot at Jeff Jarrett's I-C Title in 30:22

After PRIDE left, the ring began to fill up with the LLX winners. Halme, however was still down on the mat, refusing to leave the ring. The idea here was that he still wanted to compete for a shot at the title. Stan Hansen & Johnny Ace re-entered the ring at this point, and began to attack Halme again. New Jack, Flexx Kavanna, Cassidy , & Sabu all ran to Halme's protection, but they were attacked by some of the Undertaker & Paul Roma. With only 10 wrestlers in a 12 man battle royal, I guess Ace & Hansen just took up the empty two spots. Hey, they're apart of PRIDE now...so i guess they can do anything. The actual Battle Royal as always, is always a crappy match, but the crowd was into this one--given its build up, and its signifigance. I have to give the WWF some kudos on having the guts to put a battle royal on a Pay Per View event. That shows that when you're in the position that they're in right now, alot of freedom follows. The Royale started coming to a close at 18:33 when the final four men were, Halme, Sabu, Roma, & Hansen. Halme started to mount a comeback, getting the crowd on his side. Ventura kept screaming, 'He's a boxer Slaughter! He's boxer! He's used to having to battle back! This is his kind of match!'. Wow. They were actually making Halme interesting. Crowd started breaking into a 'Lets Go NightMare', chant that I havn't heard in months, since his popularity has been dipping down. Halme began on Roma--catching him with some hard looking punches to the head, one of which sent Roma tumbling over the top rope for elimination. Halme was now on a rampage. He broke up Sabu and Hansen, on the other side of the ring, by giving Sabu a back drop, dropping Sabu in a nasty way. Hansen was next--and the two engaged in a stiff forearm fest going back and forth, reminiscent of thier WWF Worldwide match. Finally, Hansen backed up into the ropes going for his lariat, but Halme ducked, giving Hansen an overhead toss sending him over the top rope, for elimination. It was now down to Sabu & The Finnish Nightmare. President Paulie Dangerously, the manager of Sabu, came down to the ring to show the importance of this contest. Paulie was wearing on of those new WWF Jackets, with the slogan "Revolutionizing Pro Wrestling" on it. Halme and Sabu were both fatigued...Halme when for a right hook on Sabu, but Sabu caught the arm, and locked on a 3 minute armbar. Sabu, then, began working on the back of Halme, laying him in with a camel clutch, for another minute and a half. The crowd was going back and forth between Sabu & Halme at this time. It was here that Halme used his 'amazing power' to power out of the camel clutch, stunning both Sabu & Manager Paulie Dangerously. Halme then started working on Sabu's back. Nailing him with several powerslams, backbreakers, and wearing him down with a bearhug. However at this point, Dangerously had seen enough. He slowly began walking up the ring steps. The crowd cheered the WWF President each step of the way. The referees on the outside, did not dare to get in the WWF President's way. Dangerously slowly walked up to Halme--who still had the bear hug locked in--and slowly lifted his cell phone to the crowd, teasing an attack on Halme. Finally, Dangerously took a huge swing with the phone, breaking the cell phone into pieces off of the head of Halme! The crowd was going berzerk at this point, erupting into a huge "Paulie" chant. Halme fell to the ground as Sabu struggled to pull himself up by the aid of the ropes. Sabu started screaming at ring attendants to give him a chair...with that, road agent, Mike Rotunda, threw in a chair after being shouted out by 'his boss' Paulie Dangerously. Sabu, then pulled Halme up, and kept nailing him in the head with chairshot after chair shot...after finally , Halme back logged into then up and over the top rope..giving Sabu the LETHAL LOTTERY VICTORY!! SABU IS THE LETHAL LOTTERY XTREME WINNER!.

****I like the whole idea of the importance of the WWF Presidency and how its continuing over the WWF Period. Sabu pointed his hand up to the sky in victory to a nice 'Sabu' chant.***

OVerall: 61--Rating= *3/4

Crowd: 74

Sarge" Ya know...it's moments like that, that makes me wish I was still in the ring, Jesse?"

Ventura" Wha--Why? So that you can have your boss break a phone over your head? "

Sarge" No. Imagine how proud Sabu is right now. A grueling match earlier. And a grueling Battle Royal. And he's still standing. What a competitor"

Ventura" Proud? Yea..right--I guess he doesn't see the millions of pieces of phone all over the ring."

===========================

5 Minute Intermission. A small segment here showed Road Agents Gerland Brisco & Pat Patterson 'skipping work' to eat some sandwhiches at the nearby Subway store.. Geez..the WWF would do anything for their sponsors.

===========================

6.Jeff Jarrett (Champion) vs. Sabu (Challenger) - Intercontinental Championship - Referee Earl Hebner

Jarrett did alot of stalling before Sabu came out, probaby to give Sabu a bit longer of a breather. Jarrett kept going on about how he doesn't want President Paulie interfering, saying that the IC belt had prestige, to it--and should be defended fairly. This, coming from a man who used both Nikolai Volkoff and Bob Backlund to help him keep his title. Sabu interupted the promo by charging the ring, and going into an all out onslaught on Jarrett. Jarrett, tried to use a chair twice, but was stopped by Hebner both times. This allowed Sabu to get the upper hand with a dropkick to the knee on an unsuspecting Jarrett. Lots of high spots, including Sabu doing a plancha dive on Jarrett from the inside of the ring, to the outside. At one point, Sabu tried to take a table from underneath the the ring, but the Road Agents at ringside (Rotunda, Ole Anderson, & Jack Lanza) leaped out of their chairs to allow such an action. Jarrett snuck up behind Sabu arguing with the officials and caught him with a chair shot. Announcers brought up the point, that since this was a title match, the ref was a bit lenient. Jarrett and Sabu worked their way on the isleway and started wrestling right there on the hard ground. This got the crowd solidly into the match, as the two went back and forth, right there in the isleway. Match returned to the ring at 12:22, where Jarrett went for the figure four...but Sabu reveresed it into a cradle for a near fall. Jarrett got right back on the attack, with a swinging neckbreaker, followed by a 3-suplex combination, for another near fall in the match--which got the crowd even more pumped. At 22:32, Jarrett gave Sabu and Irish Whip into the turnbuckle, but Sabu bounced right off suprising Jarrett with a jumping forearm to the head. With the crowd in a solid 'Sabu' chant--Sabu raced to the top rope, landing a perfectly placed guillontine legdrop onto Jarrett for, yet another near fall. The place was really shaking now. If Sabu won the I-C Title, it may devalue the belt a bit, but it would be a big step in the career for Sabu. Jarrett was badly hurt at this point...Sabu asked for a chair from the officials near the ring. But they refused to give it to him. The crowd booed the officials for this decision. Sabu was forced to go outside the ring, and grab a chair--in this case, the chair of ring announcer, Joe Pedicino. Jarrett was getting to his feet--until Sabu lunged the chair in the ring, catching Jarrett squarley in the head. Sabu then set up for his Triple Jump Moonsault, which finally yield him a 3 count on Jeff Jarrett! SABU IS THE NEW WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!!

Paulie Dangerously hit the ring and hugged Sabu, followed by raising his hand to the hot crowd. Loud 'Sabu' chant here, as Sabu held the belt high over his head. But once again, for the second time tonight, the house lights went off, putting everyone, including the home viewers into pitch darkness. The lights took a little longer to come on this time--but once they did, standing right behind Paulie & Sabu were The Million Dollar Man, and Hiroyoshi Tenzan! This was crazy. Tenzan, completely dressed up in his horn and cape outfit, gave Sabu the 'Tenzan double chop' from behind, as Dibiase nailed Dangeorusly from behind as well. Officials swarmed over President Paulie--but Tenzan then went into an attack on the New Intercontinental Champion. He landed 3 somaon drops on Sabu, followed by 3 moonsaults off the top rope, which, in turn, was then followed by a TTD, finally ending the attack with his patented headbutt off of the top rope. Alot of heel heat here for Dibiase & his PRIDE representative Tenzan. Dibiase just kept laughing as Tenzan continued to put the boots to Sabu. Finally, after run in attack was over, Tenzan taunted the crowd, before following a laughing Ted Dibiase to the back. Here a fan leaped over the railing and attacked Tenzan; screaming 'Sabu is the next big thing! Not you! Sabu...', Tenzan shut him up with an off camera headbutt. Security rushed over to the scene, of the 'headbutted' fan. The fan was identified as a young man known as easyforwho. Hmmm. Not only could this mean an interesting square off between Tenzan & Sabu, but we could see a battle for the WWf Presidencey between Paulie, and Dibiase--now that he's a manager. I'm happy for Tenzan too. He came over to the WWF in 1992, and now, finally, it seems as though he's getting the push he came over here for. But that's the deal with some wrestlers, foreign ones especially--they take a little time to get over with the fans...sometimes its 5 weeks--or in this case 5 years.***1/2

Overall: 74

Match: 80

The WWF Intercontinental title has lost image.

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, on of Ted Dibiase's

PRIDE members, had a message for new WWF

I-C Champion, Sabu...

Commentary Aftermatch

Slaughter" Wow! That man, Tenzan...I've never seen him like that! And Dibiase!!"

Ventura" Slaughter, I smell powers struggle! I smell power struggle!"

Slaughter" What do you mean, Jesse?"

Ventura" Well, I know that Tenzan's got his sites set on that Intercontinental Title! And Dibiase? Lets just say we could be calling him, Mr. President soon!"

7.Steve Corino (WWF World Champion) vs. Bret 'Hitman' Hart (Challenger) - Dave Hebner

With what the WWF lacked in ring-work tonight, they made up for in entertainment. Victory & Wippleman were in Corino's corner. Rock was no where to be found. I think he's been removed from the Triple Threat...Maybe there's an age limit. Hart & Corino worked well together for most of the match...there were alot of blown spots, but not enough to defer the crowd. Midway into the match, a rather fatigued Corino escaped the ring, took the mic, and offered Bret to 'back out'...

Corino (Gasping for air)" Now, Bret...there's someone in the back, who's really teed off at you...and...well...I think it'll be best if you simply turned around--forget about this match, and try to patch up whatever problems you have with this man...Because...if you continue wrestling...he could get impatient...and...uh...we don't want him to come out here. Bret...(Bret ignores his request and goes after him)...Now...Bret...you...don't want to do this! Listen to---"

Bret shut Corino up with a punch to the head sending Corino into the railing. Bret, then bashed Corino's head over the railing, to a 10 count, which had the crowd chanting 'Hitman' after it was all over. At 10:33 Bret Hart teased the Sharpshooter, but instead nailed Corino with a massive slingshot, sending him into Dave Hebner, for, thankfully, the first and only ref bump of the night. The two then nailed each other for with a double closeline, leading to the all very familiar 3 man pileup. At this point, The Blue Blazer's music hit--30 seconds later--out came Owen Hart, to a loud heel responce. Slaugher, once again, was having a fit on commentary. Owen climbed on the turnbuckle, pointing to Steve Corino, teasing that he was going to help his brother--which had the crowd pop for him--but of course, he nailed Bret, with what used to be The Blazer Splash! Owen then went to wake up the ref...when the ref regained his senses, he awoke to seeing Steve Corino holding Bret Hart in his very own move--The Sharpshooter. Bret tried to make his way over to the ropes, but Corino had it locked in, finally causing Bret to submit in 14:33! WITH THE HELP OF OWEN HART, STEVE CORINO RETAINS THE WWF TITLE!

Jerry Lawler, joined Jack Victory, along with Harvey Wippleman, who were already in Corino's corner, and Owen Hart in the ring, for a big group hug...Owen Hart grabbed the microphone...

Owen" Whoo-Hoo! Yea! Bret!! I just wanted to talk! But there's no way I could get to you! 'Big Brother Bret', was too busy 'preparing for his big title match!' Well Bret, I'm the reason you should've avoided this match! So that you can patch things up with me--you know...the brother who you've always wanted concealed under a mask, so he doesn't steal YOUR SPOTLIGHT...Well, now Bret, I'm in the spotlight! I'M MORE THAN A HITMAN! I'M MORE THAN A BLAZER! I AM A KING! I'M THE KING OF HARTS, OWEN HART!! The greatest Hart to step into the squared circle! And that's what makes be a King, Bret! That's right, The King of Harts, has joined up with The King Of Old School, and The King Of Wrestling...am I the newest memeber of the Triple Threat--" (Lawler grabbs the mic)

Lawler" Well, seeing that we are all Kings here...We are more than a mere trio of threat...THIS IS; a Kings'Court! Yea---that's it, You're looking at THE KINGS' COURT! And there's nothing that you peons can do to stop us!"

Owen"...and starting next week on Worldwide...I will reveal the horrors that I had to grow up with--you know..being the King of Harts, and all. I will reveal to the world what sick, vile people the rest of the Harts are!"

Corino" That's right! Glad to have you here Owen...you know, where people accept you, for who you really are! You're looking at the Kings' Court! And your WWF World Champion--still--The King Of Old School, Steven Michael Corino!!"

We go off the air, with The Royal Court laughing and taunting in the ring, as Jack Victory & Harvy Wippleman fasten the WWF Title around the waist of Steve Corino....

Match: 71

The WWF World title has lost image.

user posted image

'The King Of Harts', Owen Hart, The Rock's

replacement in the KINGS' COURT.

Show Quality: 68%

Buy Rate: 2.00

Best Match: Sabu vs. Jeff Jarrett - IC Final

Worst Match: Tony Halme/New Jack vs. Backlund/Diamond

Other Shows

WCW Slamboree - Buy Rate 2.00

Best Match - Hulk Hogan & Shawn Michaels vs. Brian Pillman & Keiji Mutoh

Worst Match - Chef Yokozuna vs. Kevin Sullivan

ECA Combat Connection-4,000+ paide

Best Match - Taz vs. Tommy Dreamer

Worst Match - Reverand D-Von vs. Mabel

GCG Golden Greats-4,000+ paide

Best Match - Rob Van Dam vs. Terry Gordy

Worst Match - The Bushwackers vs. The Beverly Bros.

The World Of Wrestling....

May 1997

GLOBAL PROMOTIONS

The World Wrestling Federation

Performance -----

PI: 100%

Owner: Linda McMahon - Risk: 55% - Production Values: 100%

Developement Territory/Booker - GWF/Antonio Inoki

Training Camp/Trainer - The Power Flower/Les Thatcher

Sponsors - STACKER 2, Pepsi, Subway, Ceasar's Palace

Top 5 Faces (Not Including Tweeners Jerry Lawler & Steve Corino)

1. Bret Hart

2. Paulie Dangerously

3. The Sandman

4. Max Moon

5. The Dark Patriot

Top 5 Heels

1. The Dark Patriot/Doug Gilbert

2. Owen Hart

3. Mr. Perfect

4. The Undertaker

5. Ted Dibiase

Television Shows (Highest/Last/Lowest)

Monday Night RAW - TNN - Monday/Prime Time - Joey Styles & Jim Cornette (8.00/8.00/3.61)

WWF PHAT TV (Recap Show) - Sky TV - Thursday/Prime Time - Eric Bischoff & Jesse Ventura (6.77/6.77/6.77)

WWF Worldwide - USA - Saturday Prime Time - Sean Mooney & Ric Flair (7.57/7.57/5.41)

================================

World Championship Wrestling

Performance -----

PI: 100%

Owner: Ted Turner -

Risk: 35% - Production Values: 80%

Sponsors - Radio Shack, Viacom Inc, Burger King, The Observer

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan

2. John 'The Berzerker' Nord (Rehab)

3. Sting

4. Vader

5. Scott Hall

Other Stars

Brian Pillman, Shawn Michaels, Chris Candido, The British Bulldogs, Kensuki Sasaki, Keji Mutoh, Jushin Liger, DDP, Jake Roberts, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mean Mark Callous....

Monday Nitro - TNT - Monday/Prime Time - (8.10/7.80/6.40)

Saturday Night - TNT - Saturday Early Evening (8.10/7.35/4.03)

The Power Hour - TBS - Sunday, Early Evening - (5.05/5.03/4.03)

NATIONAL PROMOTIONS

Golden Canvas Grappling

Performance 67%

PI: 67%

Owner: Jim Crockett -

Risk: 20% - Production Values: 60%

Sponsors - Nintendo, Sega, M&M's, Sports Illustrated

Top 5 Stars

1. El Gigante (Giant Gonzalez)

2. Tito Santana

3. Agent Steve Blackman (Rehab)

4. Paul Ellering

5. Steve McMichael

Other Stars

Jimmy Garvin, Jimmy Valiant, Paul 'The Giant' Wight, Rob Fuller, Haku, Luna Vachon, Mudusa, Comedian Jerry Sags, The Bushwackers, Doink, Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, Rey Misterio Jr., The Wild Somoans (Fatu & Samu)

Golden Pro Wrestling- UPN - Wednesday/Graveyard - (5.48/5.48/4.69)

Golden Greats - ESPN Classics - Thursday Early Evening (3.99/3.99/3.99)

The Power Hour - TBS - Sunday, Early Evening - (5.05/5.03/4.03)

Empire Coast Academy

Performance -OOOO

PI: 63%

Owner: Ern Walsh -

Risk: 10% - Production Values: 60%

Sponsors - THQ, Electronic Arts, Sony Music, 1-800-Collect

Top 5 Stars

1. Chris 'Tatanka' Chavis

2. President Jack Tunney

3. Marty Jannetty

4. Miss Elizabeth

5. George 'The Animal' Steele

Other Stars

Scott Norton, Mr. Fuji, Reverand D-Von, Tank Abbot, Taz, Tommy Dreamer, Scotty Riggs, Justin Hawk Bradshaw, PG-13, Super Nova, Vampirio, Joanie Laurer, Cowboy Bob Orton (non-wrestler), Big Sal, Lanny Poffo

ECA Combat Zone- TNT - Monday/Graveyard - (3.97/3.94/3.90)

21st Century Wrestling

Performance -OXXX%

PI: 41%

Owner: Jerry Garafalo -

Risk: 85% - Production Values: 60%

Sponsors - none

Top 5 Stars

1. Terry Funk (non-wrestler)

2. Honky Tonk Man (rehab)

3. Captain Lou Albano (injured for 5 months)

4. Mr. Hughes (Injured for a year)

5. Hillbilly Jim

Other Stars

Fit Finlay & Stevie Richards

REGIONAL PROMOTIONS

Vampire Zone Fighting (Miami)

Performance -OOOO

PI: 73%

Owner: Rocky Johnson -

Risk: 70% - Production Values: 20%

Sponsors - Wendy's, Slim Jim, Acclaim, Little Caesar's, Playboy, Marvel Comics, Wal-Mart

Top 5 Stars

1. Ron Harris

2. Balls Mahoney

3. Kevin Benton

4. Don Harris

5. Glen Osbourne

Other Stars

Hector Guerrero, Mikey Whipwreck, Vampire Warrior, Moondog Spt, Devon Storm, Black Bart, Axl Rotten, Boggy Duncum Jr.

Supreme Wrestling Federation (Ontario, Canda)

Performance -OOOO

PI: 65%

Owner: John Collins -

Risk: 14% - Production Values: 20%

Sponsors - Universal Studios, Chef Boyardee, Blockbuster, Dunkin Donuts

Top 5 Stars

1. Phil Lafon

2. Chris Jericho

3. Doug Furnas

4. Jim Power

5. Scott Putski

Other Stars

Adam Copeland, Bad News Brown, Shark Boy, D'Lo Brown, Lodi, Johnny Swinger, Jerry Lynn, El Dandy

United States Wrestling Associatoin (Memphis)

Performance -OOOO

PI: 20%

Owner: Rocky Johnson -

Risk: 60% - Production Values: 20%

Sponsors - Lugz Boots, The Torch, Gatorade, Budweiser

Top 5 Stars

1. Dr. X (Tom Pritchard)

2. Billy Kidman

3. Rhino Richards

4. Chavo Guerrero

5. Nikita Koloff

Other Stars

911, Satoshi Kojima, Rico Constantino, Vic Grimes, Tommy Rich, Doug Williams, Pat Tanaka, Gary Wolfe, The Warload, Brickhouse Brown, Bunkhous Buck, Tim Horner

Backyard Promotions

New York City Wrestling (Backyard)

Performance -OOOO

PI: 44%

Owner: Bruce Hart -

Risk: 10% - Production Values: 5%

Sponsors - none

Top 5 Stars

1. Keith Hart

2. Barry Hardy

3. Bill Iwring

4. Rick Nelson

5. Rick Sava

Other Stars

Ron Frye, Chris Sullivan, Pig Man, Ken Dickson, Steve Hart

Internet Tibits

www.wrestling-heat.com

"...Ric Flair to return as a super-neurotic fighter - 'The Ultimate Worrier'."

"...Francine and Shaggy 2 Dope a couple?..."

"...Tony Halme furious with his position in the WWF..."

www.wrestlecircle.com

"...Christian Cage...favourite among tape traders...'."

"...Boom in Wrestling, creating new stars in Christian Cage, Kurt Angle & Billy Gunn..."

"...Cowboy Bob Orton's son, Randy Orton to head to Japan..."

user posted image

May 3rd, 1997

Attendance: 12034

By

Dave Schmeltzer

-Jean Paul Levesque complains about Brian Armstrong's recent 'stench'-

RAW, the day after the PPV, was largely a recap show. WWF Worldwide opened up with a rather hot crowd, coming off LLX, just about a week ago. Sean Mooney & Ric Flair began the show from their sitting position at the announcers table, running down the show. Jimmy Hart came up to the table with The Dream Team--Brutus Beefcake & Jean Paul Levesque. Levesque was dressed in new blue-blood gear, which means it looks like their finally putting some effort into his character. Jimmy Hart kept yelling and screaming, 'The Hart Foundation has been tainted! The Hart Foundation has been tainted!'. It looks like they're going back to calling Jimmy Hart's group the The Hart Foundation...well he is the founder/manager of the original Foundation with, Bret, Neidhart, & Danny Davis, back in the late 80's. I guess that this is the '90's version'. Hey, Bret became a big star...so maybe Levesque will become the star to come out of this 'new generation Hart Foundation'. Anyway, Levesque complained that Brian Armstrong - AKA - The Roadie had a foul stench coming from his locker room. He also reported that Armstrong was 'hanging out with a sanitation worker......at this point, these words were heard, on the house mic, as newcomer Spike Dudley, along with Berlyn (Alex Wright), stood in the ring.

"Ohhhhh...You didn't Know??

Yoo' Tail betttaaa Calll somebodyyyyyy!

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages!

The WWF Department of Sanitation brings to you....

The 'Road Dogg' Brian Armstrong!...,

Duke 'The Dumpster' Droese...,

THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS!!"

With that, out came Brian Armstrong, along with--just fresh out of a year of development in the GWF terriritory--Duke The Dumpster Droese debuting there new team. Billy Gunn/Rockabilly was fired...so I guess that with the Honky Tonk Man gone as well, The Roadie gimmick was uneeded in the Hart Foundation. Good thinking too, since they need a few more face tag teams, to even out their face tag team division. Hart & The Dream team had a fit by the announcers table. Jean Paul was great here. 75%

Jean Paul Levesque gained overness from this segment.

The New Age Outlaws d. Berlyn/Alex Wright & Spike Dudley

Spike Dudley, like Duke Droese, was brought up from the GWF, as booker Antonio Inoki felt that they had both reached their full potential in the GWF, and were ready to be called up to the WWF. Dudley spent most of the match marching around the ring throwing chairs at the railing, while Berlyn kept yelling at him in german. Outlaws got the squash victory with there tag team called the, Trash Compactor, a double elbow drop from the top rope. So, not only does the WWF have their own police dept (WWFPD--Big Bossman & Officer Knobs), but they also have a sanitation department now.

Overall:60

Match: 71

-The Road Dogg says goodbye to The Hart Foundation, forever-

After the the victory, Jimmy Hart & The Dream Team, accompanied with Earthquake, I guess to make the equation complete, entered the ring and started yelling at Armstrong. He then took the house mic and began yelling at Armstrong again, telling him to follow The Hart Foundation to the back, and leave 'That Garbage Man Looser, Duke 'The Dumpster'. Dogg teased leaving with the Hart Foundation, then sucker punched the Mouth Of The South, as Duke attacked, Earthquake, and The Dream Team, one by one, with the top lid of a trash can. They then nailed Hart with the 'Trash Compactor' , before leaving the ring to a nice pop. The entire Hart Foundation were laid out--theoretically by garbage men. 78%

Brian Armstrong's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Brian Armstrong gained overness from this turn. Brian Armstrong gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

The Glaidatior d. Aldo Montoya 'Portuguesse' Man O War

Not a waisted segment, but live, the crowd was as dead as a broomstick. No-one believe for one second that Aldo stood a chance against Mike Awesome. Ted Dibiase was outside of the ring with Hiroyoshi Tenzan, who was waiving a giant PRIDE flag, which is basically a Japanese Flag, with the word PRIDE, written in blue print diagonally accross the red circle of the flag. After the victory Ted Dibiase built up PRIDE like no other manager could.

Crowd: 46

Match: 78

-Ted Dibiase Explains the History behind PRIDE, and teases the 2nd Enforcer....-

Ted Dibiase

"For years...For years!! For years, the WWF has always tried to hold back the Japanese stars of the WWF!! The Orient Expresses, The Yokozuna's...all regulated to just being 'filler' on any given WWF card! Hell, even those who made a career off of the fine wrestling of Japan--like Stan Hansen & Jonny Ace--even they were kept down--simply because there type of wrestling was 'different' from ours! I used to team with Hansen in the old All Japan days--but you wouldn't know that...because the WWF doesn't want you to! Everybody knows that Bob Backlund held the WWF Title for 6 years...but no one knows that during that time, he lost the title to Antonio Inoki!! But now, times are different! It's 1997, and now opportunities are availabl to make a stamp in the WWF...that is...if you've got the Money! Bwahahahahaha!!!! You see, during my time off, I've traveled the world of the Rising Sun, to find the greatest wrestlers I can find! And wow--what great competitors my money can buy! You see, not only did I buy out PRIDE'S contract from Jim Cornette--but now PRIDE is stronger than ever--and is on a full fledged attack on the WWF!! First you have the pioneers of PRIDE; Johnny Ace, Stan Hansen, The Suplex Master Jun Akiyama, and The Next WWF I-C Champion--HIROYOSHI TENZAN!! Now...of course we have the greatest tag team that the WWF has ever seen--Team H!!! Hayabusa & Hakushi! And you will soon see what makes this team better than any other tag team that the WWF has EVER SEEN! BWAHahahahaha!! And of course...the two enforcers of PRIDE!!!--The man you just saw--Gladiator Mike Awesome...and....and---BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

Sean Mooney had a fit here, as he kept screaming, "Whaat? Wait!! Who is the second Enforcer of PRIDE?? The Gladiator and who!?!" Pride's music hit, as they all followed Dibiase to the back getting a monstrous heel reaction. Dibiase was classic, here. 99%

Ted DiBiase gained overness from this segment.

-ADVERTS-

The Dark Patriot d. New Jack

Right before the match, they showed a clip of Joey Styles waiting in the car park for the arrival of Owen Hart, who is slated to take on Carl P. Oulette later on. Patriot won amongst loud 'Gilbert' chants in 8:33 with his scud missle top rope shoulderblock.

Crowd: 78

Match: 69

-ADVERTS--The Brisco/Patterson Subway commercial aired here. Funny Stuff

THe Sandman d. The Rock - GWF World Title

Well, I guess it's official. The Rock has been officially dropped out of the Triple Threat. The announers explained it as if the Rock 'wanted to do his own thing...since he's never been a follower'. I guess they must've forgotten the years of The Rock imitating Super Billy Graham wearing Tye Dye clothing. Match wasn't so bad, since Sandman works well with The Rock's style of wrestling. After the match, Sandman must've chugged like 6 beers, taking up valuable TV time.

Overall: 80

Crowd: 84

-ADVERTS-

-The Finnish Nightmare Calls Out Tenzan-

We return to see Joey Styles still waiting in the Car Park for Owen Hart to arrive. A car pulled up, and unfortunately, it was just Tony Halme. Halme ran down Hiroyoshi Tenzan calling him 'all talk and no substance'. He then said that he's going to the ring now, and he'll show everyone that HE deserves an Intercontinental Title shot, and not Tenzan.... 78%

-PRIDE'S 2nd Enforcer is revealed-

Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. Tony Halme

Tenzan did all he could to carry this match, but Halme is just so awful. According to some reports, the word is that Halme was given this match as a 2nd chance, to prove that he can produce quality matches...but he did nothing of the sort. Crowd woke up during numerous Tenzan spots--the first of which when Tenzan got the big man in a somoan drop, and the second; when Tenzan finished off Halme with a moonsault! After the match, the lights went out...and music--similiars to Great Muta's WCW ring music--played...until finally The Great Kabuki started galloping to the ring. He stood over Halme for a few seconds before blasting him in the face with green mist. The announcers pushed hard that The Great Kabuki--the father of current WCW Wrestlers, The Great Muta, was the originator of face painted wrestlers in Japan, as well as being the pioneer of the green mist. Geez--Anything to get an upper hand on WCW these days. They can't get Mutoh, so they get his DAD. Anyway, the 'enforcer' role is perfect for Kabuki, at this stage in his career. Tenzan looked great, and carried the match. Fans really are looking forward to seeing him wrestle Sabu, a match that should take place at the Pay Per View; Tokyo Showdown.

Crowd: 78

Match: 65

-ADVERTS-

-The King Of Harts Promises to Reveal All, This week On RAW-

Joey Styles finally gets to talk to Owen Hart, as he is spotted walking in to the building from his car. Styles asked Owen what would possess him to turn on his own brother, as he did at LLX. Owen said that he'll tell his brother face to face, tommorow on RAW.. He then started running down Oulette, saying that he's using Bret, 'Just like he used The Mountie' to make a name for himself in the WWF. I love the history behind this feud. The writing team of Russo & Dillon, along with the booking of The Cartel, have made some pretty hasty decisions...but there's something that's always saved them from looking stupid...and that's 'logic'. Every turn in the major storylines have always followed logic, and that's what's made the WWF so popular of the last few years. Anyway, Owen said he had Royal business to take care of, as he headed to the ring for Worldwide's Main Event....89%

'King Of Harts' Owen hart d. Carl P. Oulette

Awesome match. Especially for Worldwide. Oulette & Hart really pulled out the fancy ring work here. Finally moments of the match saw an innovative finish...Oulette went for the Cannonball, but missed--Owen then went for the sharpshooter--but Oulette quickly tried so small cradle him--Hart manuevered his way out of the cradle whilst still clinching onto Oulette's legs, and powered in the Sharpshooter for the submission victory. After the match, instead of Owen's music playing...*Eye Of The Tiger*, Steve Corino's music played...as Corino made a suprise appearance on Worldwide. Owen held Oulette in the sharpshooter as Corino started yelling into Oulette's face about how the Kings' Court is superior to the Canadian Foundation. His berating was cut short when Bret Hart stormed the ring for the save, causing both Hart & Corino to flee over the top rope out of the ring.

Overall: 86

Crowd: 88

Match: 84

WWF Worldwide went off the air, with an intense staredown as Bret & Oulette stared into the eyes of Owen & Corino, who were back peddling up the isleway...

Commentary Aftermath

Flair" Woooo!!! Can ya feel it Mooney!! I smell allottaa bad blood!!"

Mooney" This is about blood! Bad family Blood! Look at the way Bret's staring into Corino...it's almost as if The WWF Champion, STeve Corino, has stolen a part of Bret's heart--Owen--his brother..."

Show Quality: 73%

Other Shows: Early Evening - WCW SAturday Night - 7.40

Biggest Complaint: Sean Mooney's announcing.

Raw Preview!!

--PRIDE Continues Their WWF Attack!!!

--EIGHT MAN TAG!!!!

Bret Hart Team vs. Owen Hart's Team

--Tag Team Title Match

The Insane Clown Posse vs. The Road Warriors (Tag Team Champions)

--Special Challenge;

Jean Paul Levesque (The Dream Team) vs. The Big Bossman (WWFPD)

user posted image

May 5th, 1997

Monday Night Raw-

Venue: The Cloudy Den - Detriot, MN

Attendance: 12,043

Announcing Team: Joey Styles & James E. Cornette

By

Dave Schmeltzer

-The Pioneer Of The Canadian Foundation Returns 'Home'-

Joey Styles opened up RAW from the ring, and immediatley brought out The Canadian Foundation--Raymond Rougeau, Carl Oulette, and Bret Hart, to a huge pop, and a loud 'Mountie' chant. Carl Oulette took the mic first, and spoke about how he always idolised 'a certain man', who goal was to always 'get his man', a nice pop, for the Mountie catch phrase. Hart, then took the mic and talked for quite a while, mentioning that the Canadian Foundation has always been strong--surviving through past stables like Hulk Hogan's 'Immortals' ('94; Koko B. Ware, Agent Steve Blackman, The Angry Cowboys-Mantell, Hillbilly Jim, Cowboy Mike Hegstrand/Hawk, Robert Fuller, and The Dream Team), and The CARTEL (Pritchard, Heyman, James E. Cornette, Hansen, Ace, Ludvig Borga, & The Pritchard Exchange),--and will continue to be strong against today's factions like, PRIDE of course The Kings Court. Wow, they had Hart tease a feud with PRIDE...something I'm sure will be sure to happen in the future. Hart said that he owed the success of the Canadian Foundation to the creator of the Canadian Foundation; then handed the mic to Ray Rougeau, who introduced his Brother, Mountie Jacques Rougeau. I think, to avoid an 'old school' stigmatism on Mountie, they are also calling him by his full name often. Mountie got a huge reaction. He said that he was proud to return to the Canadian Foundation, where he's had his most glorious days in the WWF...at this point Jerry Lawler's music hit. The sudden change from cheers to booes was scary.... 85%

Jacques 'Mountie' Rougeau's turn was completed, and he is now a face. Jacques 'Mountie' Rougeau gained overness from this turn.

-The King Of Wrestling & The King Of Harts ruin the Canadian Foundation Reunion-

Lawler and Owen Hart came to the ring--stalling many times to absorb 'Burger Kings' chants. Lawler told Styles' that he couldn't believe that he would waste his time interviewing 'These Canadian Loosers'. Lawler said that the only wrestler out of Canada that was worthy of existence was 'The King Of The Hart Family; Owen Hart.' Lawler continued with his rundown saying that Owen had a new family now...'a family of Kings', and not greasy haired excellent executioners.' Styles then asked Owen if he slept better knowing that Owen turned his back on his family. Hart replied to styles saying that the family was on HIS side, and everyone saw Bret as a 'selfish punk who wants the wrestling spotlight to himself'. This got a lot of heat on Owen. Owen mentioned how he was forced to wrestle for the last 6 years as the masked Blue Blazer, because Bret didn't want 'his little brother outshining him' He also mentioned how his brother, Bruce Hart, has always wanted to get into wrestling, but Bret wouldn't help him out--so he was forced to start his own promotion, called New York City Wrestling, which attracts merely dozens outside of local NYC parks, and High Schools.. Owen went on about how no one in the back like Bret--because he's kept them all down as well...which lead to the departures of Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan,...this prompted Mountie to interupt. Mountie showed why his character is one of the best, in WWF history, as he challenged Owen Hart in his usual peppy yet serious voice....

The Mountie" Aaaallrightyyy, Mr. Owen 'King of Farts'!! Hahahaha!! I've just about had enough of that mouth of yours! And I think that the citizens here, has heard enough as well! You say that no one likes Bret? You say that all of our fellow wrasslers frown upon Bret, and his comrades? Well how about this! Tonight...Lets have a little 8 man tag! Lets see just who has the star power in the WWF. Bret and I will team up, with two other wrestlers, that aren't in the Canadian Foundation--and you go get two partners for yerself...and YOU can't pick STeve Corino or Jack Victory...since their in YOUR barn that you call a faction...and yea...We'll have an old fashioned 8 way fight!"

Lawler" Ok...you're on Mr. Identity Crises!" 86%

-ADVERTS-

Agent Mike Barton d. Dr. X (Tom Pritchard)

It looks like Tom Pritchard is back in the WWF, under his Dr. X gimmick. According to several reports, Pritchard wanted in the WWF, but they really had no use for him. Luckilly his brother is in one of the main bookers, so got him in as, I guess a glorified jobber. Barton won with the left hook, at 6:44. Agent Leif Cassidy was on the outside guarding the briefcase as always.

Crowd: 52

-ADVERTS-

-Jean Paul Levesque & The Big Bossman Earn the respect Of The WWF Fans-

Jean Paul Levesque d. The Big Bossman

Definate Inoki booking here. The similiaries, between the WWF and All Japan is actually getting quite scary. The Titles mean something; and matches like these--essentially a brawl with some innovatve spots and several stiff shots. These two went 21 minutes, but somehow got the fans into it as the match progressed. The match was mainly a brawl. The crowd wasn't into it for much of the first 5 minutes, thinking it was going to be a quick squash for the Big Bossman, over 27 year old Jean Paul--the age thing was mentioned by Styles probably every 3 minutes. The crowd finally got into it at 7:44 when Jean Paul slapped Bossman, after a brief staredown, which resulted in Bossman spitting at Levesque in retaliation. Cool spot at 15:44 when Levesque went for the pedigree, but Bossman pulled his legs from underneath him, and slingshotted him into the turnbuckle, leading into a ref bump. Bossman then nailed Levesque with the Bossman slam, and had him down for a 10 count. Bossman's partner, Officer Brian Knobs hit the ring and tried to revive ref Shane McMahon, who always seems to take the ref bumps...but was quickly ousted by Levesque' partner, Brutus Beefcake. Levesque & Brutus Beefcake then nailed Bossman with The Pedicure, their tag team finisher--A Pedigree into a Brutus Beefcake Sleeper--on the Big Bossman. McMahon recovered and made the 3 count on Bossman as Levesque pulled the upset. Jimmy Hart hit the ring and leaped into the arms of Levesque in celebration. Earthquake joined the party, as the whole Hart Foundation congratulated Jean Paul on a great victory.

Overall: 80

Crowd: 80

Match: 78

Big Bossman gained overness from this match. Jean Paul Levesque gained overness from this match. :eek:

-ADVERTS-

-President Paulie Dangerously Sets a Roadblock for Tenzan-

President Paulie Dangerously came out with the new WWF Intercontinental Champion Sabu, as always dressed in his Sheik/suit outfit. Sabu had a pretty loud 'Sabu' chant going for him. Paulie spent about 3 minutes straight pushing Sabu as a manaic that the WWF has 'never been exposed to before' Dangerously then showed footage of Sabu winning the Title at LLX, then being attacked by Hiroyoshi Tenzan, which got its expected amount of booes. Heyman pushed the fact that Tenzan was indeed a very capable athlete, but that he was nowhere near I-C material. He then decided that as WWF President, he must however, give everyone a fair shot at earning glory, and that tonight...as a test...Hiroyoshi Tenzan will square off against former I-C Champion, The Lightning Kid. These two wrestled before; but on WWF Worldwide, so the announcers were hyping this match big time. Crowd popped huge for the Lightning Kid's mention. 81%

-ADVERTS-

-The Insane Clown Posse; 2 Time WWF Tag Team Champions-

The Insane Clown Posse d. The Road Warriors - WWF Tag Team Titles

Horrible, horrible match. Hawk threw Shaggy 2 Dope around, like a rag doll for most of the match, but one Taylor was tagged in, ICP did the old' double team the ref is distracted by Hawk, spot over and over again--on Taylor. Final moments of the match saw Violent J pull Hawk to the outside, while Shaggy finished off Taylor with the gullotine Leg Drop off the top rope for the victory. There was a noticable 'I.C. Shit' chant that started once they were announced as the New WWF Tag Team Champions.

Crowd: 83

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

-The Rock N Roll's Express's 'concert' gets ruined by PRIDE'S TEAM H-

Team H (Hayabusa & Hakushi) d. The Rock-N-Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)

Gibson and Morton came out with guitars and said that they wanted to play some Rock N Roll music for there long time fans. Fortunately for us, the home viewer, Ted Dibiase's music hit, as TEAM H, came down the isle. Crowd was hot for seeing the debut of Team H, but apparently the Express wanted nothing to do with it. Their selling was horrible. Whether it was done on purpose, in protest, or if they just can't sell anymore. Hakushi did his mountain bomb on Gibson for the victory. There are reports that Gibson & Morton were chewed out after the show by Jim Cornette backstage, who even showed his discontent on air, saying 'Man, I've seen these guys in action for a long time, Styles, and Gibson and Morton are moving like they've got a rabbit stuff up their tails!'

Overall: 46

Crowd: 47

Match: 44

Hakushi gained overness from this match. Hayabusa gained overness from this match. Ricky Morton didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. Robert Gibson didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them

-ADVERTS-

-The Lightning Kid Puts Over Tenzan-

Sgt. Slaughter was backstage with The Kid and mentioned to the Kid how he knows that he's going to defeat Tenzan, for all of 'Us Americans'. Slaughter always slips into his old wrestling character. Kid, replied, with shaking in his voice;

"Ya know Sarge, I'd like to say, I'm going to go out there and kick his butt all over the ring--but the fact is, that Tenzan is a real threat. I know martial arts...but he's practiced it for all of his life. It's gonna be tough. But...I'm going to try my best." 81%

-ADVERTS-

-One Of Pride's Enforcers Makes an Impact-

Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. The Lightning Kid

Amazing match here. This one is definately going to be in the best of Raw tape that I hear their putting together. Alot of martial stuff here between Tenzan and The Kid. Cool series of spots at 11:33 into the match when the Kid & Tenzan took turns no-selling each other's spin kicks, by popping right back up after each fall. Finally moments came at 18:44 when the Kid had Tenzan in the turnbuckle, he charged him with a cartwheel kick, but Tenzan caught him in mid-air, and nailed the T.T.D on him (reverse Piledriver). Tenzan gave the cutthroat sign right before finishing him off with the Tenzan falling Heabutt. After the match, The Gladiator marched towards the ring at Dibiase's cue and nailed The kid with 5 consecutive Awesome Bombs...the last one throwing the Kid on a table outside the ring. Once again, Kid landing on the table simply caused the table to tip over...as the Kid crashed to the floor. With Heyman doing some booking, I thought that they would bring in the gimmicked tables--but I guess that's not what their going for. After the match announcer Eric Bischoff made his way into the ring, showing signs of fright, from the 3 'animals' that Dibiase was in the ring with.

Overall: 84

Crowd: 76

Match: 92

The Lightning Kid lost overness from this match.

-The Gladiator Gives Bischoff More than he can handle-

Eric Bischoff came in the ring with a mic, and asked The Million Dollar man, why did he need two enforcers for PRIDE (The Gladiator & The Great Kabuki), if PRIDE were the greatest wrestlers in the world. Dibiase replied that he was The Million Dollar Man, and was able to spend his money on 'Enforcers'. Bischoff fired back, saying that if PRIDE was as good as Dibiase says that they are, then they 'wouldn't need two Enforcers to protect PRIDE' With that Dibiase replied; 'Bischoff! You talk too much! Never mess with Money! Since you seem to be unsure, of PRIDE'S prowless, let me show you just how AWESOME PRIDE really is!

**With that, Gladiator ripped the mic from Bischoff's hand as Bischoff started to fear for his life. The Gladitor grabbed Bishoff by his shirt, teasing an attack. Bischoff kept pleading for Gladiator to free him as he kept yelling; I'm just trying to do my job...man...please...please don't do this!'. Officials came to the ring, but were blocked off of the ring by TEAM H. Finally, after a bit more begging from Eric, right in front of the officials, Gladiator nailed Bischoff with the Awesome Bomb; tossing him over the top rope and onto the flurry of WWF Officials. Biscoff's right foot caught Pat Patterson right in the face. I thought that was kinda funny. Joey Styles threw down his mic, fled the announcers table, and attended to Bischoff, selling the idea that one of his 'fellow collegues' were harmed. They quickly cut to a commercial break, as Dibiase, Team H, and The Gladiator left the pile up to a hot heel reaction. 88%

The Gladiator gained overness from this segment.

-The 8 Man Tag - Owen's Team vs. Bret's Team-

Bret Hart, The Mountie, Mr. Perfect, & Max Moon

d

Owen Hart, Jerry Lawler, The Dark Patriot & The Undertaker

Lawler introduced his team first, citing that the only people that he had respect for, outside the Kings' Court, was The Dark Patriot--for the way he manipulated Bret Hart over the last year during their feud--and The Undertaker--still undefeated. Bret came out with Rougeau & Perfect, then introduced Max Moon, who did his whole jet rocket backpack entrance thing. Nice Main event with alot of heat. For obvious reasons, they kept the Owen-Bret exchange to a minimum. I don't know what their going for at the PPV yet...but they definately don't want to have Bret and Owen go out it so early in the feud. Final moments of the match came at about 7:44, when referee Bill Alfonso lost control of the match causing all 8 men to wrestle at the same time. It was a 3 on three outside the ring, while inside the ring, The Mountie nailed The Dark Patriot w/ The Uranage for the victory. Owen & Lawler fled immediatley, while The Undertaker continued to brawl on the outside with Max Moon. Raw went off the air with The Mountie handcuffing Dark Patriot to the ring ropes, then teasing shocking him with the caddle prod for a short while, before finally giving him a shock to a huge pop. The entire Hart Foundation celebrated. Kudos to James E. Cornette who did this match on his own, since Styles "left" to attend to fellow announcers Eric Bischoff.

Crowd: 93

Commentary Aftermath

Cornette" The Canadian Foundation is celebrating in the ring, as they just defeated Owen Hart's team--but how long will they be celebrating for?! There is already alot of hostility between The Kings' Court & The Canadian Foundation--and this probably did nothing, but escalate it!!"

Show Quality: 78%

Other Shows: Head to Head, WCW Monday Nitro- 7.85

ECA Combat Zone: 3.88 - Graveyard UPN

GCG Golden Greats: 5.49

Golden Wrestling: 3.98

Biggest Complaint: ICP winning the WWF Titles, again

WWF WorldWide

--WWF I-C Return Bout

Jeff Jarrett vs. Sabu (Champion)

--The Finnish Nightmare Tony Halme vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

--Also appearances from GWF Heavyweight Champion, The Sandman, Diesel, PRIDE, And MOREE!!!!!!