Magic: The Gathering

EddieRuckus

Here packs are cheaper than what you guys say. $4.25 - $4.95 for a booster, depending on which set it is. And theme decks and tournament packs are $12.95 each. This is all in Canadian dollar.

I played about 5 years ago, then quit, and lost all my cards. I'm getting back into it though, currently working on building a new blue deck. I'm also thinking of making a Samurai deck using the new Champions of Kamigawa set. Man those shrine cards in that set are nasty. But of course making new decks will be hard as I spend almost all my money on Warhammer.

Edited by Grimlock

I always like the idea of trying to find new strategies in the game and it's something that all my friends and I can get together and enjoy. Mind you there are some heated debates between us if there is a rule disagreement, but it's all in fun and games.

Champions of Kamigawa is pretty cool I think, I made a Snake Shaman deck that gets out a lot of mana by turn 3(about 8 available) and the samurai deck which has a lot of beefy powerful creatures.

Kou-There may be a way for you to play for free. All it involves is you downloading the software and me "trading" you a lot of my cards :shifty:

I used to play, starting back in Revised edition. I basically played from The Dark through Weatherlight, if you want to be specific about expansions.

The reason I quit was because I got tired of having to spend a fortune on cards to tune my deck so I could stay competitive every time a new expansion game out.

My favorite deck was a blue/black/white deck that was sort of a cross between Turbo-Stasis and a Permission\Discard deck. I used the black and blue mana batteries from Fallen Empires to set up a Braingeyser then Amnesia combo, while using Stasis with an Obelisk of Undoing to keep the opponent locked down. Eventually, I'd use a Wrath of God followed by a Kormus Bell to finish them off, if I couldn't run them out of cards. (The only white cards in the deck were Disenchants and a Wrath of God, so I didn't bother with a white mana battery)

All of the creatures in the deck were artifacts or black, except a time elemental I used to back up the Obelisk.

No one ever beat me when I used that deck.

I've still got all my cards, and I plan on selling all of them one of these days. I'll probably eBay `em.

Edited by GhostMachine

I used to play, starting back in Revised edition. I basically played from The Dark through Weatherlight, if you want to be specific about expansions.

The reason I quit was because I got tired of having to spend a fortune on cards to tune my deck so I could stay competitive every time a new expansion game out.

My favorite deck was a blue/black/white deck that was sort of a cross between Turbo-Stasis and a Permission\Discard deck. I used the black and blue mana batteries from Fallen Empires to set up a Braingeyser then Amnesia combo, while using Stasis with an Obelisk of Undoing to keep the opponent locked down. Eventually, I'd use a Wrath of God followed by a Kormus Bell to finish them off, if I couldn't run them out of cards. (The only white cards in the deck were Disenchants and a Wrath of God, so I didn't bother with a white mana battery)

All of the creatures in the deck were artifacts or black, except a time elemental I used to back up the Obelisk.

I've still got all my cards, and I plan on selling all of them one of these days. I'll probably eBay `em.

You must let me know of when you E-bay them, I might buy your old deck if you construct it for me :D