A Few Bands

Benji

I require recomendations by you fine people on the following bands...

BoySetsFire -- I've heard "Rookie" and really liked it, are they all like that or what?

Dropkick Murphy's -- "Finnegan's Wake" is what I've heard... seems okay... potentially good.

The Specials -- I heard they did a song with Tim and Lars from Rancid, any clues.

Now help me you beasts or fear me fluffing you!

Boysetsfire is decent. Lots of politics in their lyrics, though.

Most of their songs sound like that.

The song After the Eulogy has some more screaming, as does Twelve Step Hammer Program.

Loser of the Year Award is more emo-y, but still decent, as is Timothy.

Still Waiting for the Punchline is like Rookie, also very good.

Vehicle is REALLY old, and shows just how much they've improved - mostly vocally. The singer sounds terrible on this song, but it's good for comparison.

The other two bands you listed suck ass.

I'm trying to find out if they are or not by checking out there songs, y'see, there is logic :thumbsup:

Apparently a friend has BoySetsFire's album so I'll have to pinch it from him and see if it's to my tastes, what I've heard is good (review-wise I mean).

Dropkick Murphys Rule. They do some good covers like "Amazing Grace", "The Fields Of Athenry" and "Rocky Road To Dublin". Some of their good originals include "Heroes Of Our Past", "Pipebomb On Lansdowne" and "Gonna Be A Blackout Tonight".

Ghost Town by The Specials could (and should) go down as one of the greatest songs of the last century its that fucking cool. There seems to be a small movement of UK bands at present heavily influenced by and referencing the Specials including the Ordinary Boys and the Dead 60's. Basically listen to the Specials and disregard grind your souls inanity.

Other way around. Emo sucks ass.

The Specials kick all sorts of ass. And Dropkick Murphys were so awesome back in the day, now they are good and fine. Listen to Barroom Heroes by DKM and you'll want to go out and drink a beer, oi.

Guest Angry Baboon

Wait, Just realised Grind your soul dissed the Specials.

You are a pimple on the arse of punk and punk influenced music fans everywhere.

Praising boysetsfire and then saying the Specials suck arse is like criticizing Martin Scorcesse and then praising the words of Michael Bay.

You disrespectful Chester Bennington looking like knob end.

Murphys from 'Sing Loud Sing Proud' suck, but before that they're good, Boysetsfire suck, Flogging Moly suck, The Specials don't suck.

If you like early Murphys, then just listen to the Pogues and save yourself the moral preaching.

There is an easy chart for your listening convenience.

Oh wow, Squancho insulted me.

Although, admittedly, it was some good insults. Especially the Chester Bennington one. Even though it's entirely untrue - it was good :thumbsup:

I guess I better start liking the Specials now that Squancho said so! Oh hail Babboon. Hail.

Ya fucking knob end. :P

The song After the Eulogy has some more screaming, as does Twelve Step Hammer Program.

Loser of the Year Award is more emo-y, but still decent, as is Timothy.

Dude, you admitted they had elements of emo.

Seriously, listen to Squancho. He actually has a good head for music, whether I disagree with his opinion [which is a lot] or not.