WWE in 2003

Chris2K

user posted image

Match #1

Matt Hardy vs. Billy Gunn

This battle of two winners from last week’s Velocity ends up a closely fought contest, with both men getting very close to taking the match. However, it’s Matt Hardy who takes it, reversing an attempted One and Only into the Twist of Fate to get the pinfall victory.

Winner by Pinfall: Matt Hardy

Crowd: 75%

Match: 75%

Overall: 74%

Stars: **3/4

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

Recap #1

Big Show/Chris Benoit

Big Show being led to the ring by his manager Paul Heyman, with the intention of speaking to the crowd. Heyman has his left arm in a sling after his suffering at the Crippler Crossface last week.

Heyman: Good evening. Before you stands possibly the most fearsome, the most destructive, the most incredible wrestler to have ever set foot in World Wrestling Entertainment! And not only that… not only is this man all of those things, but he is also a humanitarian! Last week, this man saw his manager and good friend, my good self, Paul E. Heyman, being hideously attacked by that vile midget Chris Benoit, and he ran to the ring, and DESTROYED him! He picked his worthless body up and Chokeslammed him through the announcers table. So not only does this man have everything that a truly great wrestler should have, but he also…

Before Heyman can finish, Show interrupts him and takes the microphone off him.

Show: Paul, I did save your ass last week, and I’m glad that I did. However, that wasn’t my only reason for doing it. You see, on the last SmackDown! of 2002, Chris Benoit, that “vile midget” as you called him, defeated me! The Big Show! And NOBODY who is that damn small, and that damn puny should be able to beat me! So next time I go up against that asshole, I want to beat him from pillar to post, and I want that to be at the Royal Rumble!

Heyman grabs the mic back.

Heyman: But Show, I thought we’d agreed you’d be entering the Royal Rumble?

Show: Well I’ll do both. I’ll kick Benoit’s ass from here to Canada, AND I’ll win the Royal Rumble!

Heyman; You know that’s a good idea, but I doubt Stephanie will go for it…

As if on cue, Stephanie McMahon comes to the top of the ramp, microphone in hand.

Steph: Paul, not for the first time, you’re very right. You see, tonight, Chris Benoit will take on Rey Mysterio Jr. to name the #1 Contender for a title shot at the Royal Rumble. So Show, I’m afraid you won’t be able to fight Benoit at the Rumble, but if things go a certain way, you COULD be facing him in the main event of WrestleMania.

Show: I’m gonna destroy him anyway. I’m gonna…

Heyman: …That sounds fine, because Benoit has NO CHANCE of winning against Angle. Thank you very much Miss McMahon.

Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

However, Rey cannot go on avoiding Benoit, and ends up being German Suplexed with great power, so Rey goes all the way over and finishes up on his back. With Rey down, Benoit heads to the top rope, and nails the Swandive Headbutt! Benoit makes the cover, and gets the three count to become the Number 1 Contender!

But once again, Benoit’s joy turns to despair, as the Big Show comes out once again, and heads straight for Benoit. Show clubs away at him from behind, and knocks him down to the mat, where he stands on his throat for ten to fifteen seconds. Show then throws Benoit outside, and starts removing electrical equipment from the announcers table for the second week in a row. However, Rey is back to his feet, and he makes an attempt to try and stop the assault. Rey fares little better though, and is thrown viciously into the ringpost. However, the distraction gives Benoit enough time to climb over and grab a steel chair. Benoit hits Big Show over the head with it, making the big man stumble, but not fall down. This gives Benoit and Rey enough time to get away, but the Big Show is looking madder than ever!

Rating: 76%

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Recap #2

Team Angle/Los Guerreros

Los Guerreros vs. The Holly Cousins

Hardcore runs over to knock him down, but Chavo dropkicks him off the apron. Eddie then completes the Frog Splash, and the champions take the routine victory.

But their joy is short-lived, when Team Angle run out from the back and attack the victors from behind. Benjamin hits a Superkick on Chavo, and then Haas and Benjamin both hit a Double Dropkick on Eddie to knock him out of the ring. Spying Los Guerreros’ title belts on the mat, the two young rookies take turn in putting the belts on each other, and apparently enjoying having the gold around their waists, they head off, leaving Los Guerreros lying in and out of the ring, beaten and beltless.

Rating: 79%

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Match #2

Team Angle vs. Joey Ryan and Ricky Marvin

Fresh from the recap of their antics on SmackDown!, Team Angle come to the ring wearing the WWE Tag Team titles around their waists. The match itself is more or less a squash, however the talent of Ryan and Marvin shines through regardless of how little offence they get. Team Angle eventually take the win with a superkick from Benjamin into a roll up by Charlie Haas for the three count.

Winners by Pinfall: Team Angle

Crowd: 57%

Match: 90%

Overall: 73%

Stars: ***1/4

Brock/Angle video

We see a recap of the feud so far, going from Angle winning the title from Big Show at Armageddon 2002, and then turning on Brock and joining Paul Heyman the SmackDown after. We then head to the confrontation last week, and Angle’s cockiness at defending his title at the Royal Rumble.

Rating: 78%

Match #3

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title Match

Kurt Angle (WWE Champion) vs. Tajiri

The WWE Champion’s appearance on a B-Show such as Velocity may seem surprising to the viewers, but despite the rather lowly setting, Tajiri and Angle put on an incredible match for the fans. Using variations of chain wrestling, speed moves, and submission holds, the two opponents continue back and forth for some time. However, it is the WWE Champion who gets the victory, putting Tajiri in the Ankle Lock, and pulling him away from the ropes on several occasions, eventually forcing the Japanese star to tap out.

Winner by Submission: Kurt Angle

Crowd: 83%

Match: 100%

Overall: 91%

Stars: ****1/2

After the match, Tajiri goes to shake Kurt’s hand after their fantastic bout, and Angle accepts… only to pull Tajiri in, and hit him with the Angle Slam! Angle stands in the ring with himself and the WWE title, as Velocity fades out!

OVERALL SHOW: 74% (+12)

TV RATING: 4.45 (+23)

Attendance: 7,505 (- 19)

Takings: $300,200 (- $760)

Best Match: Kurt Angle vs. Tajiri

Worst Match: Billy Gunn vs. Matt Hardy

Best Recap: Team Angle/Los Guerreros

Worst Recap: Show/Benoit

Show MVP: Kurt Angle

Show Idiot: Billy Gunn

E-MAILS

Tajiri@WWE.com: I want to be moved up the card!

PatPatterson@SexyGuyz.com: I think Joey Ryan and Ricky Marvin might have a future here. Send them to OVW for some extra training first though.

Feedback = Lovely :P

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

PREVIEW

The Rumble's On It's Way...

user posted image

In just one week's time we will be at the Royal Rumble, the first step on the road to WrestleMania. Tonight on Heat the first RAW competitor in the 30-man Royal Rumble match will be decided when The Hurricane takes on Christopher Nowinski!

Also, Rico will be in action against Al Snow, and Spike Dudley goes up against Stevie Richards! Don't miss Heat, Sunday evening, at 7/6 CT on TNN!

user posted image

12th January 2003

Match #1

Rico vs. Al Snow

This opening match is a closely fought one, with Al Snow using his experience against the more flamboyant Rico. Snow almost has the match won after hitting Rico with the Snowplow, but he is distracted when Jamal comes to ringside. The Samoan doesn’t do anything however, but his presence delays the pinfall, and Rico is able to kick out. Snow goes to pick Rico up again, but with Jamal on the apron distracting the referee, Rico hits a low blow. He then comes off the ropes and nails Snow with the Spin Kick to take the win. Afterwards, Jamal enters the ring, and ascends the ropes ready to hit the Big Splash, but Maven runs in to drag Al out of the ring, ensuring that Snow does not get squashed by the big Samoan.

Winner by Pinfall: Rico

Crowd: 72%

Match: 80%

Overall: 76%

Stars: ***

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

Recap #1

HHH and Scott Steiner

Flair: Last week… last week we saw this man here, the World Heavyweight champion, the Cerebral Assassin, the Game, Triple H, was defeated by that Neanderthal wannabe Scott Steiner in an arm wrestling contest. Now my client Triple H would love to be able to register his disgust to you all, but he’s embarrassed. Not only is he embarrassed about losing to Scott Steiner in that arm wrestling contest last week, but also because he’s embarrassed about having to be in Phoenix tonight! So I’m gonna be speaking for him, and you idiots are gonna listen to me! Last week was a one off! That will be the LAST time you see Steiner defeat The Game at anything! And if anyone even thinks that come the Royal Rumble, when Triple H defends his World Heavyweight Title against Steiner, Steiner’s gonna beat him then and become the World Champion, you can think again! These pointless little games mean nothing! Eric Bischoff may have put an order out to stop Triple H and Steiner touching each other before their match, but that doesn’t mean I can’t! So guess what Steiner, you’re gonna have your first match in the WWE for some time, when you take on me, The Nature Boy, RIC FLAIR! WHOOOO!

The crowd understandably cheer this announcement.

Flair: I don’t know what you guys are cheering for, because I sure as hell don’t wanna do any wrestling in this god-forsaken city! It’s gonna be me, Ric Flair, versus Scott Steiner, next week, in Mohegan Sun, Connecticut !! WHOOO! But as for tonight, Steiner, you haven’t signed your contract for your title shot, so make sure you’re around later to sign it in THIS VERY RING!

Triple H and Ric Flair come back to the ring, where a table and chairs have been set up for the contract signing. The sirens then wail, and Scott Steiner makes his way out, complete with his usual chainmail headdress and his new ‘Big Poppa Pump’ t-shirt (available at WWEShopzone.com) (p.s. not really). Steiner climbs into the ring, and takes a seat, followed by Triple H, whilst Flair remains standing, overseeing the proceedings.

Flair: Right Steiner, if you can read the contract before signing it, provided that is you can actually read, then we get this over with.

However, Steiner jokingly offers his arm to Triple H for another arm-wrestling contest, which incenses Flair and HHH. Steiner takes his contract and signs it, before passing it over to HHH. Triple H then looks over the contract, annoying Steiner by not getting it over with quickly. Triple H then signs the contract, and hands it to the lawyer. The lawyer opens his briefcase, but instead of putting the contract in, he takes a steel pipe out, and smashes Steiner over the head with it! Flair then removes his jacket, as the lawyer continues to hit Steiner with the pipe. HHH watches on smiling as Flair and the lawyer continue beating away at Steiner, who now has a cut in his forehead/

Rating: 83%

Match #2

Test vs. Joey Ryan

A very quick match between the two very different superstars, with Test controlling the goings-on from start to finish. Ryan managed to get a shot or two in, but his offence was cut short by a Big Boot from Test, which was enough to get the Canadian the pinfall win.

Winner by Pinfall: Test

Crowd: 55%

Match: 72%

Overall: 63%

Stars: **1/2

Recap #2

RVD and Christian

Chris Jericho comes out to introduce us to his new talk show, the Hi-Lite Reel.

Jericho: Ladies, gentlemen, and ugly children of all ages, allow me to introduce you to the debut edition of Chris Jericho’s Hi-Lite Reel! Now tonight, I was going to invite a very special guest to be the first interviewee for the show, and it was going to be somebody famous from right here in Phoenix, Arizona! But then I realised that there was NOBODY famous from Phoenix, so I changed my mind, and when Eric Bischoff told me that I would have the MAIN EVENT of the evening, I decided to invite my opponent on to the show, so give it up, for Rob, Van, Dam!

“One of a Kind” by Breaking Point hits, and Rob Van Dam comes out, looking slightly nervous about getting in the ring with the notoriously devious Jericho. However, he gets into the ring, and takes one of the two chairs on the set.

Jericho: RVD, it’s nice to see you here. So, let’s get straight to it, why did you want to team up with Kane?

RVD: Well Kan…

Jericho: Or maybe I should say, what “benefits” were there to teaming with Kane?

RVD: Um… well…

Jericho: I mean, was it a mutual relationship, or was Kane the dominant partner?

RVD: What the hell are you talking about?

Jericho: Oooh, looks like I’ve hit a nerve! Well you and Kane were kinda close, maybe you were very close?!

RVD: Well you and Christian are “kinda close”, maybe YOU and him are “very close”?!

Jericho: Heh, you know that’s funny, because Christian himself should make an answer!

From out of nowhere, Christian hits the ring behind RVD, and nails him from behind. He then picks RVD up, and drops him throat first on the back of his chair, before hitting the Unprettier on Mr. Monday Night. Jericho and Christian laugh at the pain of RVD, whilst Kane is nowhere to be seen…

Match #3

Spike Dudley vs. Steven Richards (w/ Victoria)

The runt of the Dudley litter seems to be the underdog in every match, but this time he managed to maintain a certain amount of control throughout the match. However, his progress was constantly disrupted by the presence of Victoria, who continuously tried to trip Little Spike up. Eventually, one of Victoria’s distractions pays dividends for Richards, and he is able to nail Spike with the StevieKick to take the win. After the match, Trish Stratus runs down to the ring to attack Victoria, and stop Spike from suffering any more abuse.

Winner by Pinfall: Stevie Richards

Crowd: 60%

Overall: 67%

Recap #3

Booker T/Goldust and UnAmericans

Booker T vs. Test

Booker then comes off the ropes and nails the Scissors Kick, but Test manages to kick out. Booker picks him back up, and hits a second scissors kick, which is enough to keep Test down. Booker starts to celebrate with the Spinaroonie, but soon enough, Lance Storm and William Regal run down to the ring, and begin assaulting the Tag Team champion. Goldust runs in to try and save his partner, but he also suffers at the hands of Regal, Storm and the recovered Test.

The Hurricane’s intentions…

Pre-taped earlier today, Jonathan Coachman speaks to The Hurricane.

Coach: Hurricane, tonight you will go one on one with Christopher Nowinski to decide which one of you goes into the 30 Man Royal Rumble next Sunday. How do you prepare for a match like this?

Hurricane: Citizen Coach, it is simple for a superhero like me to be prepared for a match like this, because I am prepared for anything! Be it an old lady dropping her handbag, a cat stuck up a tree… or the chance to enter the second most important match of the year, with the chance of heading to WrestleMania and fighting in the Main Event. No matter what Citizen Coach, I will go out there tonight and give it my best shot, for the Royal Rumble wants, nay NEEDS… a superhero to take part! So stand back, ‘cos there’s a Hurricane comin’ through!

Hurricane whooshes off, as we get ready for our main event.

Rating: 75%

Match #4

MAIN EVENT

For a place in the 2003 Royal Rumble

The Hurricane vs. Christopher Nowinski

This important match-up is incredibly close throughout, with both competitors trying their best to defeat their opponent to take a spot in the Rumble match. Nowinski looks favourite to win at the later stages, hitting a rolling front slam on Hurricane, but only getting a two count. He takes Hurricane down with a suplex, and then heads to the top rope. However, the elbow drop is missed as Hurricane rolls out of the way just in time! Hurricane manages to get back to his feet, and comes off the opposite ropes, before nailing Nowinski with the Shining Wizard! Hurricane then covers, and takes the win! Heat fades out with Hurricane celebrating his entry to the Royal Rumble!

Winner by Pinfall: The Hurricane

Crowd: 66%

Overall: 70%

OVERALL SHOW: 71%

TV RATING: 5.74

Attendance: 7,514

Takings: $300,560

Match of the Night: Al Snow vs. Rico

Worst Match of the Night: Test vs. Joey Ryan

Best Other: HHH/Steiner recap

Worst Other: Hurricane interview

Show MVP: Rico

Show Idiot: Joey Ryan

user posted image

PREVIEW

UNCLE ERIC TO DECIDE RUMBLE PARTICIPANTS

user posted image

Eric Bischoff has told WWE.com exclusively that he will have some important news regarding his brand’s entries into the Royal Rumble this Sunday, and many places will be decided! With The Hurricane already entered after winning a match on Heat, who will join the superhero in the quest for the Rumble victory?

Also, last week on RAW, Shawn Michaels gave Chris Jericho some Sweet Chin Music to remember after Jericho had insulted HBK earlier in the night! How will Y2J respond? And the big main event of the evening will see Ric Flair go one-on-one with the Number One Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship, Scott Steiner!

Don’t miss Raw, Monday Night on the NEW TNN! (8/7 CT).

user posted image

13th January 2003

Hosted by Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Bischoff starts the Rumble process

Raw kicks off with the General Manager of the Raw brand Eric Bischoff coming to the ring, accompanied to the ring by his Chief of Staff Sean Morley.

Bischoff: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Monday Night RAW! Now unless some of you people have been living under a rock, and let’s face it, some of the housing in the outskirts of Conneticut is a bit like living under one, you’ll know that on Sunday night, it will be the Royal Rumble 2003, the first step on the road to WrestleMania XIX. Now as General Manager of RAW, it’s my duty to announce which fifteen of my superstars will enter this prestigious match. And it gives me great pleasure to announce the first entrant from the RAW brand… Sean Morley!

Morley takes the mic from Bischoff.

Morley: Why thank you Mr. Bischoff, and may I say that I will do my very best to make sure that I am the last man standing, and that it will be me taking on the World Champion at WrestleMania!

Bischoff: Thank you Sean, and good luck. Well that’s one down out of fifteen, but let’s move on. I am also happy to announce another four entrants, Chris Jericho, Christian, Shawn Michaels and Kane! These four will battle it out to take the Number 29 spot in the Rumble, as unfortunately, the number 30 spot has gone to SmackDown. Another four places are up for grabs tonight in a four on four elimination match, with the winning team entering the Rumble. It will be Rico, Bubba Ray Dudley, Jeff Hardy and Test against Rosey, Jamal, D-Von Dudley and Tommy Dreamer! AND, Rob Vand Dam and Batista will get their chance to qualify in separate singles matches! So with all that happening tonight, as well as Scott Steiner taking on Ric Flair, it’s gonna be a hell of a show. And remember, it was brought to you by me, Eric Bischoff!

Rating: 87%

Match #1

Molly Holly vs. Ivory

With this match deciding which lady would go to the Royal Rumble to fight for the Women’s championship, both women gave it their all to try and take the match. The momentum shifts back and forth throughout, with Ivory nearly taking the victory with a crossbody from the top rope. However, it is Molly that takes the match in the end, hitting the Molly-Go-Round shortly after Ivory misses a charge in the corner.

Winner by Pinfall: Molly Holly

Crowd: 75%

Match: 56%

Overall: 69%

Stars: *1/2

Arriving backstage, true to his word last week, is Randy Orton, complete with a sling on his still injured shoulder. Terri manages to catch up with him.

Terri: Randy Orton, you promised us that you’d be here this week, but the question still remains, what are your intentions for being here?

Orton: Terri, I could answer that question. Sure, I COULD answer it, but I COULD do a lot of things. I COULD come here and announce my entry into the Royal Rumble this Sunday, my first match back since my DEVASTATING shoulder injury, in fact, a lesser man might not even be here tonight. I COULD announce to the world that I, Randy Keith Orton, am coming back from injury ten times stronger, ten times more determined, and ten times more focussed. Or, I could be here to take care of some personal business.

Terri: … Well which one of those is it?

Orton: You really wanna know? All of them.

Terri: ALL of them?

Orton: I am entering the Royal Rumble, I am stronger, more determined and more focussed, and I AM here tonight at Raw to take care of some personal business. Now if you don’t mind, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.

Rating: 71%

Match #2

Rob Van Dam vs. Christopher Nowinski

With a Royal Rumble place up for grabs, RVD and Nowinski go hell for leather to try and win the match, with Nowinski trying extra hard to try and provide an upset, after getting a second chance despite his defeat on Heat to the Hurricane. RVD however dominates most of the match, getting near falls after a Rolling Thunder and a Split-Legged Moonsault. Nowinski almost takes the match with a DDT, but RVD responds with a Spin Kick to the face, and then hits the Five Star Frog Splash to take a spot in the Rumble.

Winner by Pinfall: Rob Van Dam

Crowd: 72%

Match: 82%

Overall: 77%

Backstage, Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley are backstage in the locker-room, discussing tonight’s situation.

Bubba: Hey look bro’, we’re going against each other tonight, but let’s not let this stand in the way. One of us is going into the Royal Rumble for the first time, and one of us isn’t.

D-Von: I know man, I know, but let’s just remember that whatever happens, we’re a team.

Bubba: That’s right, and as a team, we have to help each other out.

D-Von: Damn right!

Bubba: Which is why I think you should lay down and let me go to the Rumble.

D-Von: What? Why should I?!

Bubba: Because I’m the senior partner!

D-Von: So what? I’m the one always getting the tables!

Bubba: Ok, ok, we’ll see what happens, let’s just see what happens.

D-Von: Fine by me.

Rating: 71%

Match #3

Batista vs. Al Snow

With Ric Flair absent preparing for his match tonight, Batista is unaccompanied to the ring, but this does not distract the big man, who executes a strategic and vicious beating on Al Snow. Due to the damage sustained by Snow throughout the match, Batista doesn’t even need to use his usual finisher, the Sitout Powerbomb, instead getting the job done with his trademark Spinebuster, winning the match to take him into the Rumble.

Winner by Pinfall: Batista

Crowd: 73%

Match: 84%

Overall: 78%

Backstage, Chris Jericho speaks with Jonathan Coachman.

Coach: Chris Jericho, last week on RAW, we saw the Heart Break Kid, Shawn Michaels, delivered a Sweet Chin Music to you that ultimately cost you your match with Rob Van Dam….

Jericho: You’re damn right he cost me my match Coach, and do you know why? Shawn Michaels cost me my match because he is jealous! This is a guy who six or seven years ago was the top of the game, he was the icon of professional wrestling. But you know what Coach, this isn’t 1996, this is 2003. This isn’t the era of HBK anymore; this is the era of Y2J. The Has-Been Kid should just give up his desperate attempt at staying at the top, hell he couldn’t even keep a title for more than a month. It’s time for Michaels to step aside, and I’m gonna prove tonight not only to him, but to the world, that I AM the new icon!

Rating: 90%

Match #4

For FOUR places in the 2003 Royal Rumble

Bubba Ray Dudley, Test, Jeff Hardy and Rico vs. D-Von Dudley, Tommy Dreamer and 3 Minute Warning

In this elimination match-up, Tommy Dreamer was the first one out after receiving a Twist of Fate/Swanton Bomb combination from Jeff Hardy. Rico then tagged himself in, and unashamedly laid down for his client Jamal to come in and pin him. Jeff was the next victim, receiving the Samoan Drop from Rosey followed by a Big Splash from Jamal to send him packing. Rosey himself was then eliminated shortly afterwards following a Bubba Bomb from Bubba Ray.

Teams left: Bubba Ray and Test vs. D-Von and Jamal

The second member of 3 Minute Warning was soon following his colleague, after running into a Big Boot from Test, who had previously refused to enter the match. His previous apathy to his team drew the anger of Bubba Ray, and the Dudleys momentarily joined forces to hit the 3D on Test, before Bubba Ray pinned him, leaving just the Dudleys to battle it out. In the end, Bubba took home the victory for his team, after reversing an attempted Dudleyville Drop by D-Von into the Bubba Bomb. After the match, the two Dudleys shook hands and embraced to the cheers of the crowd.

Winners: Bubba Ray Dudley, Test, Jeff Hardy and Rico

Crowd: 71%

Match: 67%

Overall: 69%

Backstage, Ric Flair gets the camera all to himself.

Flair: You know tonight, the Nature Boy Ric Flair, the dirtiest player in the game, is gonna go one on one with the genetic freak, Big Poppa Pump, Scott Steiner. You know, I was in the NWA and WCW for so many years, won so many titles, had so many matches, but I only faced Steiner ONCE. That was at Clash of the Champions Fourteen, and guess what. It ended as a draw. I was the NWA Champion, Steiner was the United States champion, and the match ended as a draw. So you know what that means Steiner? You know what that means? It means that you and I have unfinished business to take care of! This may be 2003 and not 1991, but although the ages have changed, the skills are deteriorating, just remember; it doesn’t matter how old your opponent is… it’s what he does to you that counts. Remember that Steiner, because very soon, you’re gonna feel like you did all those years ago! But that will be nothing compared to how you’ll feel after the Royal Rumble this Sunday, after Triple H wipes the mat with your broken carcass. So Steiner, I’m gonna see you real soon in the ring, and I’m gonna take you back to school! WHOOO!

Rating: 99%

Match #5

For the #29 Spot in the 2003 Royal Rumble

Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kane(?)

Despite the announcement that he was in the match, Kane was nowhere to be seen, and after a bit of waiting, the referee decided he was automatically eliminated by count-out.

Unsurprisingly, the two Canadians Jericho and Christian go straight after HBK, double teaming him to try and eliminate him early on. The two hit a Double Suplex on Michaels, but then begin to argue over who is going to pin him, leading to a shoving contest, which in turn generates into a fist fight. Christian manages to clothesline Jericho out of the ring, but as he pins HBK, Michaels kicks out. Jericho heads back in and begins to attack Christian, as HBK gets back to his feet and is happy watching the two friends battle it out. However, the friends make a quick truce and go to attack HBK. However, this time HBK is able to deal with the two, backdropping Jericho out of the ring, and then hitting the Sweet Chin Music on Christian, before covering him, and eliminating him from the match.

With just Jericho and HBK left, the two start trading blows, with Jericho getting the advantage after a thumb to the eye. Jericho unloads some chops, before sending HBK upside-down into the ropes. Jericho follows up with a low dropkick, attempting to hit HBK in the face, but HBK manages to sit up enough, and Jericho ends up sliding into the ring post. HBK climbs down from the turnbuckle, and stomps away at Jericho, before heading to the opposite corner. He starts tuning up the band, but as he advances, Jericho releases some sort of powder from his hands, blinding HBK. Jericho then hits a Superkick of his own, and then comes off the ropes with a Lionsault to pin the still blinded HBK. Jericho leaves the ring pleased with his success at becoming the Number 29 entrant in this Sunday’s Royal Rumble.

Winner by Pinfall: Chris Jericho

Crowd: 88

Match: 85

Overall: 87

Stars: ***1/2

Match #6

MAIN EVENT

Scott Steiner vs. ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair (w/ HHH)

Steiner is constantly distracted by the presence of the World Heavyweight Champion at ringside, but the two men obey Eric Bischoff’s orders, and do not provoke or make physical contact throughout the match. However, Flair manages to take advantage of Steiner’s distractions, with his usual cheap shots of offense, including a thumb to the eye, before he begins to work on Steiner’s left leg with elbow drops, chopblocks, and by wrapping Big Poppa Pump’s leg around the ringpost. Flair then goes for the Figure Four Leglock, but after a determined battle against the move, Steiner is able to use his strength to overturn the move, and reverse the pain. Flair however manages to reach the ropes before much damage can be done. Steiner then takes control of the match, hitting the SteinerLines, and the trademark kiss bicep/elbow drop to get a two count. Steiner locks in the Steiner Recliner, but HHH grabs hold of Flair’s foot and puts it on the rope, meaning that the hold is broken. Steiner goes over to have words with HHH, which allows Flair to come up from behind and roll Steiner up with a Schoolboy, but Steiner kicks out at two. Flair charges at Steiner as he gets back up, but Steiner dodges out of the way, and Flair hits the turnbuckle face first, before stumbling back into Steiner, who picks him up in a Reverse DDT position, lifts him up, and drops him on the back of his head. Steiner then covers, and takes the pinfall victory! HHH climbs into the ring to check on Flair, before the two contenders for the World Heavyweight Title stand in the centre of the ring, staring eyeball to eyeball. However, Steiner doesn’t see Randy Orton run into the ring behind him, and nail him from behind with a steel chair! HHH starts directing traffic as Orton and Flair begin to beat Steiner down, leaving him a bloody mess as Raw goes off the air!

Winner by Pinfall: Scott Steiner

Crowd: 91%

Match: 62%

Overall: 82%

OVERALL SHOW: 80% (- 1%)

TV RATING: 5.27 (-0.41)

Attendance: 8,016 (+ 490)

Takings: $320,640 (+ $19,600)

Match of the Night: Chris Jericho vs. Christian vs. Shawn Michaels

Worst Match of the Night: 4 vs 4 Elimination

Best Segment of the Night: Flair interview

Worst Segment of the Night: Bubba/D-Von segment

Show MVP: Ric Flair

Show Idiot: D-Von Dudley

E-MAILS

JerryJarrett@NWATNA.com: Sorry son, but I’ve signed your guy Simon Diamond on a written contract. We had him first! Yee-haw!

MollyHolly@GrannyPanties.com: Me and Ivory didn’t click in our match, how about giving me a match against Lita?

ChrisJericho@Fozzy.com: I think I should be moved up the card after my INCREDIBLE performance on RAW!

ChrisBenoit@ToothlessAgression.com: How about booking me and Kurt Angle in some matches?

CURRENT ROYAL RUMBLE CARD

World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H © vs. Scott Steiner

WWE Championship

Kurt Angle © vs. Chris Benoit

Women’s Championship

Victoria © vs. Molly Holly

Royal Rumble Entrants

Chris Jericho (#29)

Shawn Michaels

Kane

Christian

Randy Orton

Rob Van Dam

Batista

Hurricane

Bubba Ray Dudley

Jeff Hardy

Test

Rico

Maven

Sean Morley

Big Show

user posted image

PREVIEW

72 Hour Limit

user posted image

The Royal Rumble is just three days away, and tonight, Stephanie McMahon will reveal who will enter the Rumble match from the SmackDown! brand!

6 people have already been confirmed, Rey Mysterio Jr., John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Edge and A-Train, and it has been announced that Kurt Angle will defend his WWE Title against Chris Benoit!

Watch SmackDown! tonight, as the build up to the Royal Rumble meets it's climax, only on UPN! (8/7 CT)

user posted image

16th January 2003

Hosted by Michael Cole and Tazz

Stephanie announces her Rumble participants

Would there be any better way to kick off SmackDown! than with Stephanie McMahon coming out to the ring with a microphone? Yes. But that’s what we get.

Steph: Good evening everybody, and allow me to welcome you to SmackDown!, right here in East Rutherford, New Jersey! But let’s get down to business, and more importantly, the business of the Royal Rumble match this Sunday! Now as you all saw on RAW, Eric Bischoff decided his entrants via a series of matches, but I won’t be doing that. Right now I have a list of 8 people who will be in the Royal Rumble this Sunday, but I need seven more. So tonight, anyone who impresses me enough on the show will be entered into the Rumble match! And seeing as Eric Bischoff so kindly agreed to let SmackDown! have the number thirty entrant, tonight, the Big Show will go one on one with Edge to decide who enters at the best number, number 30!

The crowd have mixed reactions to this announcement.

Steph: And whilst we’re on the subject of the Royal Rumble event, I have decided that, after their actions on last week’s SmackDown!, Team Angle will get a shot at the WWE Tag Team Titles that they stole from Los Guerreros! And not only that, the teams will have singles matches against each other tonight to build up for that match! So tonight, expect to see Eddie Guerrero against Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas against Chavo Guerrero!

Rating: 91%

Match #1

Rikishi vs. Nunzio

In a rematch from last week’s SmackDown!, Rikishi is set to go up against Nunzio. Nunzio however stalls on the ramp, and doesn’t get into the ring. His reasons are soon revealed as Johnny The Bull, Chuck Palumbo and Big Vito run in from the crowd! The three men begin beating down Rikishi, with Palumbo hitting a Jungle Kick, and Stamboli hitting the Fuhgetaboutit. Nunzio comes to the ring after watching the assault, and takes the microphone from Tony Chimel.

Nunzio: Guess what Rikishi? You’ve just become the first in a new line of victims of the Full Blooded Italians! Myself, Senor Stamboli, Senor Vito and Senor Palumbo will make sure that anyone who crosses us will suffer the consequences! So remember that Rikishi, and all of you, the Full Blooded Italians are here to stay!

Rating: 65%

We see a pre-taped promo of Chris Benoit.

Benoit: I’ve come through a lot. I’ve been in wrestling 17 years, I’ve wrestled some of the toughest guys in the world, and been trained by some of them as well.

[shots of Benoit wrestling in his early days, and matches in Japan]

Benoit: In 2001 when I hurt my neck, I thought… I thought I might never get another opportunity to do the one thing I’ve always aimed for; become a World Champion. Now I’ve got that opportunity again, and I don’t wanna waste it.

[shots of Benoit’s WWF/E career]

Benoit: Obviously I’m worried about the Big Show interfering, he’s one big guy, and he’s damn powerful as well. But for the time-being I just want to focus on beating Angle at the Rumble, and then, who knows, maybe I’ll be fighting the Big Show in the main event of WrestleMania XIX.

Rating: 79%

Match #2

Charlie Haas (w/ WWE Tag Team Belt) vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. (WWE Tag Team Champion)

In the first of the singles battles between the Royal Rumble tag team match, Team Angle member Charlie Haas goes up against Los Guerreros member Chavo. The contest is an evenly fought one, with Chavo perhaps unlucky not to take the win after a Brainbuster, Haas getting his foot on the rope before the count of three. Just as Chavo is about to hit a second Brainbuster, Shelton Benjamin runs out, and grabs hold of Chavo’s foot to prevent the move from going through. Chavo looks round at Benjamin, but this allows Haas to come from behind Chavo and roll him up, getting the three count! Shelton and Charlie get into the ring and celebrate extravagantly, but Eddie Guerrero comes from the back to make sure that no more damage is done to his nephew.

Winner by Pinfall: Charlie Haas

Crowd: 82%

Match: 92%

Overall: 88%

Stars: ****

Backstage, Josh Matthews is with Rey Mysterio Jr.

Josh: Rey, last week we saw you lose out to Chris Benoit in a match to decide the Number One contender for the WWE Title. How do you feel?

Rey: Well obviously I’m disappointed, I really wanted to get a shot at Angle’s title at the Royal Rumble, but I’m not gonna just give up, no way. I’m entering the Royal Rumble match, and I’m gonna try to do my best to win the match. Obviously there’s gonna be twenty-nine other guys…

Suddenly, John Cena appears.

Cena: Oh no no no no, Rey Rey, you don’t need to worry about those other 28 guys, cos you need to worry about me. You know Rey, we’ve had our certain differences recently, and when it comes to the Royal Rumble, your puny little ass is mine.

Rey: Well it’s great you think that John, but believe me, if you wanna get rid of me, you gotta catch me first.

John: You know what? That won’t be too hard.

Cena then nails Rey with the microphone right between his eyes, does the “you can’t see me” taunt, before walking away.

Rating: 80%

Match #3

Eddie Guerrero (WWE Tag Team Champion) vs. Shelton Benjamin (w/ WWE Tag Team belt)

Another very good match to go with the Chavo/Haas match earlier in the night, as Eddie and Shelton use their technical wrestling ability to the best of their ability to provide the fans with a good match. The result this time however is in favour of Los Guerreros, as Eddie takes the match after hitting the Frog Splash on the already downed Shelton. Eddie goes to reclaim his WWE Tag Team Title from the timekeeper, but Charlie Haas runs in from the crowd and takes it before Eddie can, and flees the scene before either Eddie or Chavo can stop him!

Winner by Pinfall: Eddie Guerrero

Crowd: 84%

Match: 86%

Overall: 85%

Stars: ***1/2

Backstage, WWE Champion Kurt Angle is with Sharmella Sullivan.

Sharmella: Kurt, last week you bragged that you didn’t mind who won the Number One Contender match for a shot at your WWE Title. Now you know that you’ll be facing Chris Benoit at the Royal Rumble, are you still as confident?

Angle: Well first of all Sharmin…

Sharmella: It’s Sharmella!

Angle: Whatever, first of all, I wasn’t bragging, I was just confident in my own abilities. Is that a crime? I am a 2 time WWE champion, and a former WCW Champion, and an Olympic gold medallist? Have YOU ever won any of those? Of course not! Has Chris Benoit ever won any of those? No, he hasn’t.

Sharmella: Well if you do beat Chris Benoit, how do you feel about the possibility that Brock Lesnar might win the Royal Rumble, and face you at WrestleMania?

Angle: You think I haven’t thought about that? Your Olympic Hero is not some idiot that goes around thinking that everything’s gonna work out. I’m willing to sweat, I’m willing to bleed, and I’m also willing to give a WWE title shot to the person who eliminates Brock Lesnar from the Royal Rumble!

Sharmella: You’d willingly put your title on the line just so you don’t have to defend against Brock?

Angle: You know, you’re smarter than you look. Now if you don’t mind, I have a 6-Man match to prepare for.

Rating: 85%

Match #4

Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. John Cena, Kurt Angle (WWE Champion) and A-Train

With four of these competitors entering the Royal Rumble, as well as the two competitors for the WWE Title in one match, everybody was trying as hard as possible to gain a psychological advantage for Sunday. With only one fall deciding the outcome of this match, there were many occasions when team-mates had to save their partners from losing the match for the team. However, the match soon turns into a three-on-three brawl, with all six wrestlers getting in the ring and slugging it out, Rey with Cena, Lesnar with Angle, and Benoit with A-Train. Lesnar clotheslines Angle over the top rope, and Benoit takes A-Train over the top as well. With the other four men out, Cena takes advantage of the referee trying to bring order to the match, and wraps the chain he wears around his wrist. He then waits for Rey to turn around and face him, and he smashes him in the face with the chain. Cena covers, and takes the cheap victory! Suddenly, many other wrestlers start running to the ring, including Matt Hardy, Tajiri, The FBI and Shannon Moore, and a big brawl breaks out amongst them!

Winners: Cena, Angle and A-Train

Match: 88%

Overall: 85%

Stars: ****

With the brawl still going on, Stephanie McMahon comes back out to the top of the ramp to make her announcement about the Rumble.

Steph: Stop it! All of you! You know what, seeing as you all want to be in the Rumble so much, you all are! That makes fourteen of you, and I know one person who wants to be in as well, but you’ll find out who that is on Sunday! Now John Cena, seeing as you don’t seem to be able to grasp how to win a match fairly, you and Rey Mysterio will have another match at the Rumble, a match that decides which one of you two will enter the Royal Rumble match at Number One!

[Not done on EWR]

Match #5

MAIN EVENT

For the Number 30 entry into the Royal Rumble

Big Show vs Edge

With both men knowing that winning this match would give them the best shot possible at winning the Royal Rumble, they both give it their all. However the Big Show takes immediate control of the match with his rhythmical, powerful offensive moves. Show focuses on the lower back of Edge, nailing a backbreaker, before putting the Toronto native in a Bearhug to wear him down further. Edge manages to break the hold after numerous elbows to the Big Show’s head, and then nails a Spear, but is too weak to take advantage with a cover. The two men get back to their feet, and Show wins a slugging contest with a knee to the ribs. Show goes back to the Bearhug, but Edge this time manages to reverse it into a DDT! Edge covers, but Show manages to get his shoulder up before the three count. Edge goes over to the corner, and sets up to hit the Spear. However, as he charges at Show, Show grabs him by the throat, and delivers a monstrous Chokeslam! Show covers, and takes the match, and number 30 in the Royal Rumble!

Winner: Big Show

Crowd: 85%

OVERALL SHOW: 80% (+2%)

TV RATING: 5.85 (-0.15)

Attendance: 8,042 (+540)

Takings: $321,680 (+$21,600)

Match of the Night: Charlie Haas vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Worst Match of the Night: Big Show vs. Edge

Best Segment of the Night: Steph’s announcement

Worst Segment of the Night: FBI debut

Show MVP: Charlie Haas

Show Idiot: Rikishi

E-MAILS

PatPatterson@BarelyLegal.com: Rey Mysterio was used too much on the show, the fans were sick of seeing him.

GerryBrisco@BriscoBodyShop.com: Stephanie gained overness from her segment tonight. HHH is very pleased.

Edited by Chris2K

user posted image

CARD

Royal Rumble Match

Participants

Bubba Ray Dudley

Rico

Jeff Hardy

Test

Rob Van Dam

Batista

Chris Jericho (#29)

Christian

Shawn Michaels

Kane

Randy Orton

Maven

Hurricane

Sean Morley

MYSTERY ENTRANT

Big Show (#30)

Edge

Rey Mysterio Jr. (Possibly #1)

John Cena (Possibly #1)

Brock Lesnar

A-Train

Rikishi

Nunzio

Chuck Palumbo

Johnny Stamboli

Big Vito

Tajiri

Matt Hardy

Shannon Moore

MYSTERY ENTRANT

-----------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

WWE Championship Match

-----------------------

World Heavyweight Title Match

-----------------------

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Los Guerreros © vs. Team Angle

-----------------------

WWE Women’s Championship Match

-----------------------

user posted image

World Tag Team Title Match

Booker T & Goldust © vs. 3 Minute Warning vs. Lance Storm and William Regal

-----------------------

Loser enters #1 in the Rumble

John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

-----------------------

START PREDICTING!

Chris Jericho

Kurt Angle

Triple H

Team Angle

Victoria

Lance Storm and William Regal

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Also, I'd just like to say that this diary is just as good as it was when I last replied, and on the subject of replies, while I don't reply much, I'm still reading. ;)

Good pre Rumble Smackdown. But I had a few problems with it. Stephanie's promo seemed like she was doing way too much in such a little time. She added a bunch of guys to the rumble, announced a mystery entrant, reprimanded John Cena, and announced Cena vs Mysterio in like three lines. Spread it out a little or something. Also, Sharmella = Sharmell... or Sharmel. Not sure, but I know there is no 'a' at the end. I like the hype you're giving the Benoit/Angle match while still keeping Show as a legitimate threat to Benoit, and Lesnar as a big threat to Angle. Good shit.

Brock Lesnar

Kurt Angle ©

Triple H ©

Team Angle

Molly Holly

Lance Storm and William Regal

John Cena

Cheers for the feedback Essa :)

user posted image

PREVIEW

24 Little Hours...

user posted image

The Royal Rumble is just 24 hours away, and this is celebrated on this week's Velocity, with four Royal Rumble participants involved in matches!

In action will be A-Train, Johnny Stamboli, and a one-on-one match between Matt Hardy and last week's beaten main eventer Tajiri!

Don't miss Velocity this Saturday at 11/10 p.m. CT on TNN!

Come on guys, I need more than two predictors! There will be a prize for the winner...

user posted image

18th January 2003

Hosted by Josh Matthews and Paul Heyman

Match #1

A-Train vs. Funaki

Not a particularly competitive match, but Funaki’s selling actually made the match very exciting. A-Train seemed to be trying to prove a point about his chances of winning the Royal Rumble, and showed just what a powerful individual he is. Train unsurprisingly picks up the win after hitting the De-railer.

Winner by Pinfall: A-Train

Crowd: 60%

Match: 80%

Overall: 70%

Recap #1

Hype for Angle vs. Benoit

SmackDown! – 9th January

Backstage, WWE Champion Kurt Angle is intending to leave the building, despite not appearing on the show thus far. Josh Matthews manages to catch up with him to get a word.

Josh: Kurt, in just moments Chris Benoit will take on Rey Mysterio Jr. to decide who will take you on for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. Aren’t you going to stay around to watch the match?

Angle: Watch the match? Josh Matthews, Tough Enough loser, why on earth would I, Kurt Angle, Olympic Gold Medal winner, want to waste my time watching a match I really have no interest in whatsoever. You see Josh, I have beaten Chris Benoit on many occasions, and, let’s face it, Rey Mysterio Jr. hardly poses much of a threat. The only threat I can see is the other five dwarves being jealous that Dopey and Grumpy are getting a chance at the Number One Contendership!

Josh: Aren’t you being a little cocky in your approach to this match?

Angle: Cocky? Me? I severely doubt that. Now if you don’t mind, I have a limousine waiting for me, and besides, I don’t want to talk to you any more. Goodnight.

And with that, Kurt walks off into the night…

Later that night…

Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

However, Rey cannot go on avoiding Benoit, and ends up being German Suplexed with great power, so Rey goes all the way over and finishes up on his back. With Rey down, Benoit heads to the top rope, and nails the Swandive Headbutt! Benoit makes the cover, and gets the three count to become the Number 1 Contender!

SmackDown! – 16th January

Sharmell: Kurt, last week you bragged that you didn’t mind who won the Number One Contender match for a shot at your WWE Title. Now you know that you’ll be facing Chris Benoit at the Royal Rumble, are you still as confident?

Angle: Well first of all Sharmin…

Sharmell: It’s Sharmell!

Angle: Whatever, first of all, I wasn’t bragging, I was just confident in my own abilities. Is that a crime? I am a 2 time WWE champion, and a former WCW Champion, and an Olympic gold medallist? Have YOU ever won any of those? Of course not! Has Chris Benoit ever won any of those? No, he hasn’t.

Sharmell: Well if you do beat Chris Benoit, how do you feel about the possibility that Brock Lesnar might win the Royal Rumble, and face you at WrestleMania?

Angle: You think I haven’t thought about that? Your Olympic Hero is not some idiot that goes around thinking that everything’s gonna work out. I’m willing to sweat, I’m willing to bleed, and I’m also willing to give a WWE title shot to the person who eliminates Brock Lesnar from the Royal Rumble!

Sharmella: You’d willingly put your title on the line just so you don’t have to defend against Brock?

Angle: You know, you’re smarter than you look. Now if you don’t mind, I have a 6-Man match to prepare for.

Recap #2

Team Angle & Los Guerreros

SmackDown! – 9th January

But their joy is short-lived, when Team Angle run out from the back and attack the victors from behind. Benjamin hits a Superkick on Chavo, and then Haas and Benjamin both hit a Double Dropkick on Eddie to knock him out of the ring. Spying Los Guerreros’ title belts on the mat, the two young rookies take turn in putting the belts on each other, and apparently enjoying having the gold around their waists, they head off, leaving Los Guerreros lying in and out of the ring, beaten and beltless.

Steph: And whilst we’re on the subject of the Royal Rumble event, I have decided that, after their actions on last week’s SmackDown!, Team Angle will get a shot at the WWE Tag Team Titles that they stole from Los Guerreros! And not only that, the teams will have singles matches against each other tonight to build up for that match! So tonight, expect to see Eddie Guerrero against Shelton Benjamin, and Charlie Haas against Chavo Guerrero!

Later that night…

Charlie Haas vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Just as Chavo is about to hit a second Brainbuster, Shelton Benjamin runs out, and grabs hold of Chavo’s foot to prevent the move from going through. Chavo looks round at Benjamin, but this allows Haas to come from behind Chavo and roll him up, getting the three count! Shelton and Charlie get into the ring and celebrate extravagantly, but Eddie Guerrero comes from the back to make sure that no more damage is done to his nephew.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shelton Benjamin

The result this time however is in favour of Los Guerreros, as Eddie takes the match after hitting the Frog Splash on the already downed Shelton. Eddie goes to reclaim his WWE Tag Team Title from the timekeeper, but Charlie Haas runs in from the crowd and takes it before Eddie can, and flees the scene before either Eddie or Chavo can stop him!

Match #2

Johnny ‘The Bull’ Stamboli vs. Brian Kendrick

Stamboli, without the FBI backing him up at ringside, was determined to prove that he was a contender for the Royal Rumble, and really gave Brian Kendrick an exhibition of how dominating he can be. After a series of brutal punches, knees to the midsection and a few suplexes, Stamboli takes the match after hitting the Fuget-about-it.

Winner by Pinfall: Johnny Stamboli

Crowd: 58%

Match: 78%

Overall: 68%

Recap #3

John Cena & Rey Mysterio Jr.

SmackDown! – 2nd January

Backstage, Josh Matthews stands with John Cena, who faces off against Eddie Guerrero later tonight. Cena proceeds to cut an anti-Latino rap, going through all the stereotypes such as Eddie should be cutting his lawn and making burritos instead of wrestling him tonight, which doesn't go down very well with the Albuquerque fans.

It also doesn't go down very with Rey Mysterio Jr., who happens to be walking past Cena whilst he speaks. Mysterio challenges Cena to prove how much 'tougher' he is, but instead of fighting Rey, Cena chooses to punk him out with the microphone he was using. Cena then walks off, as Josh Matthews tries to help Rey back to his feet.

Later that night…

Eddie Guerrero vs. John Cena

It does however distract the referee, and this allows Cena to grab the chain he brought to the ring with him, and nail Eddie with it right between the eyes. The referee turns around to see Cena covering Eddie, and he counts the three to give Cena the win!

As Cena celebrates however, Rey Mysterio Jr. comes running down to the ring, hoping to avenge both the attack on his fellow Latinos and Cena’s physical attack on him from earlier on. Rey ducks an attempted clothesline by Cena, and nails him in the back. He then runs to the ropes and hits the 619 on the master of thuganomics. Rey heads to the top rope, but instead of hitting another move on Cena, he dives off the top rope and lands a plancha on B-Squared! Rey jumps back up and heads off down the ramp with his music playing, having sent Cena a message!

Later still…

Edge and Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. A-Train and Big Show

A-Train on the other hand takes advantage of John Cena running in and nailing Rey with his chain as he goes for the 619, and A-Train wastes little time in hitting the Derailer to take the pinfall victory.

Backstage, Josh Matthews is with Rey Mysterio Jr.

Josh: Rey, last week we saw you lose out to Chris Benoit in a match to decide the Number One contender for the WWE Title. How do you feel?

Rey: Well obviously I’m disappointed, I really wanted to get a shot at Angle’s title at the Royal Rumble, but I’m not gonna just give up, no way. I’m entering the Royal Rumble match, and I’m gonna try to do my best to win the match. Obviously there’s gonna be twenty-nine other guys…

Suddenly, John Cena appears.

Cena: Oh no no no no, Rey Rey, you don’t need to worry about those other 28 guys, cos you need to worry about me. You know Rey, we’ve had our certain differences recently, and when it comes to the Royal Rumble, your puny little ass is mine.

Rey: Well it’s great you think that John, but believe me, if you wanna get rid of me, you gotta catch me first.

John: You know what? That won’t be too hard.

Cena then nails Rey with the microphone right between his eyes, does the “you can’t see me” taunt, before walking away.

Later that night

Brock Lesnar, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Kurt Angle, John Cena and A-Train

With the other four men out, Cena takes advantage of the referee trying to bring order to the match, and wraps the chain he wears around his wrist. He then waits for Rey to turn around and face him, and he smashes him in the face with the chain. Cena covers, and takes the cheap victory!

But soon after…

Now John Cena, seeing as you don’t seem to be able to grasp how to win a match fairly, you and Rey Mysterio will have another match at the Rumble, a match that decides which one of you two will enter the Royal Rumble match at Number One!

Rating: 74%

Match #3

MAIN EVENT

Matt Hardy vs. Tajiri

The two Royal Rumble participants went head-to-head, not for a title or any advantage in the Rumble match, but for pride, and maybe a slight psychological boost. Matt takes control of the match following a cheap shot to the eye, and hits the Side Effect for a two count. He follows up with two suplexes, and then went to the second rope. He takes his time going ‘aaaah’ in preparation for the leg drop a bit too seriously, and stalls for longer when he hears the crowd booing. This gives Tajiri the time he needs to roll out of the way, and the leg drop hits nothing but Matt. Tajiri now takes the initiative and starts unloading a series of stiff kicks to Matt’s chest. A whip to the corner is reversed, but this allows Tajiri to lock in the Tarantula on Matt! Matt stumbles away following the hold, and is met full in the face by a Buzzsaw Kick! Tajiri makes the cover, and takes the victory. Tajiri celebrates up the ramp as Velocity fades out!

Winner by Pinfall: Tajiri

Crowd: 78%

Overall: 81%

OVERALL SHOW: 71% (-3%)

TV RATING: 4.22 (-0.22)

Attendance: 8,009 (+504)

Takings: $320,360 $20,160

Best Match: Matt Hardy vs. Tajiri

Worst Match: Johnny Stamboli vs. Brian Kendrick

Best Recap: Angle/Benoit

Worst Recap: Cena/Rey

Show MVP: Tajiri

Show Idiot: Brian Kendrick

E-MAILS

ChrisBenoit@ToothlessAgression.com: Please can I have some matches with Kurt Angle?

ShawnMichaels@VinceRussoForgiven.com: Can I get some matches with Christian?

Sophie@WWE.com: LaLutte FLI, Xplosion, Fake You TV and HWA TV are getting destroyed by us in the ratings.

ROYAL RUMBLE CARD

Royal Rumble Match

Participants

Bubba Ray Dudley

Rico

Jeff Hardy

Test

Rob Van Dam

Batista

Chris Jericho (#29)

Christian

Shawn Michaels

Kane

Randy Orton

Maven

Hurricane

Sean Morley

MYSTERY ENTRANT

Big Show (#30)

Edge

Rey Mysterio Jr. (Possibly #1)

John Cena (Possibly #1)

Brock Lesnar

A-Train

Rikishi

Nunzio

Chuck Palumbo

Johnny Stamboli

Big Vito

Tajiri

Matt Hardy

Shannon Moore

MYSTERY ENTRANT

-----------------------

WWE Championship Match

-----------------------

-----------------------

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Los Guerreros © vs. Team Angle

-----------------------

-----------------------

Booker T & Goldust © vs. 3 Minute Warning vs. Lance Storm and William Regal

-----------------------

Loser enters #1 in the Rumble

John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

user posted image

The only segment of Heat that matters involves HHH, Ric Flair and Randy Orton arriving in the building, and giving an interview to Terri.

Terri: Mr. Flair, last week on RAW, Randy Orton came out to attack Scott Steiner after he had beaten you in a match…

HHH: Woah, woah, woah, let me handle this one. Last week on RAW you saw Ric Flair getting beaten, I won’t argue that. But you also saw the dawning of a new era. You see, Ric may have lost, but he accomplished what he wanted to, and that was to weaken Scott Steiner. Now I could obviously beat Scott Steiner no matter what condition he was in, but considering I’ve been out of the ring since Armageddon one month ago, it always helps to have an advantage.

Terri: Well that’s great Triple H, but what about Randy Orton? How does he fit in?

Flair: I’ve been watching Randy Orton for some time, and behind this incredible physical specimen is the heart, and the drive to succeed in this business! I have it, Triple H has it, and Randy Orton has it. The thing is, I’m not the man I used to be, and Triple H can’t be at this level forever. So it’s time to breed a new man to come and take over where we left off, someone who people will be talking about for years to come. It’s the way of this business; it’s just evolution.

Flair, Orton and HHH walk off into the arena to prepare for the night ahead…

Rating: 86%

user posted image

19th January 2003

Hosted by: Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler (RAW matches), Michael Cole & Tazz (SmackDown! matches)

Match #1

Loser enters the Royal Rumble at Number One

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. John Cena

The Royal Rumble kicks off with the match to decide who enters at the dreaded Number One, as the feuding pair go at it. Cena starts off in control of the match, and immediately starts trying to focus on Rey’s legs in order to ground the cruiserweight from using his high-flying offence. Cena throws Rey into the corner and follows up with a flying punch to the face, and then clotheslines him down to the mat. Cena goes for a running fist drop, but Rey rolls out of the way to make Cena miss the move. Rey starts with some right hands of his own, before sending him into the corner. Cena moves, but Rey jumps on to the turnbuckle, and dives off it again with a crossbody that gets a two count. Rey throws Cena to the ropes, but is reversed and met with a knee to the abdomen, sending Rey flying across the ring. Cena comes off the ropes himself and drops a knee across Rey’s neck, and gets a two count. Rey tries to fight back, but Cena’s brawling skills are far more advanced and more powerful, meaning that any fist fight is easily won by Cena. Cena tries an armlock, but Rey uses his speed to get out of the move, and turns it into a headscissors. Cena rolls out of the ring following the move to catch his breath, but is soon watching Rey fly from the top rope to the outside with a tumbling flip that nails Cena and knocks him down. Rey rolls Cena back in and hops on to the apron, waiting for Cena to get up so he can hit the West Coast Pop. Cena however catches Rey as he lands on him, and Powerbombs Rey to the mat, but a cover only gets two. As does a second. Cena heads to the corner of the ring, and picks up his chain. He swings it at Rey, but the referee catches his arm to stop him using it. Rey then dropkicks Cena, and he lands on the second rope. Rey comes off the other side of the ring and looks for the 619, but Cena hits him with the chain as he swings round. Rey stumbles back, and Cena nails a Fireman’s Carry Slam! Cena covers Rey, and takes the victory! Rey Mysterio Jr. will be number one in the Royal Rumble!

Winner by Pinfall: John Cena

Crowd: 86%

Match: 81%

Overall: 84%

Match #2

World Tag Team Title 3-Way Match (Elimination Rules)

Booker T and Goldust (World Tag Team Champions) vs. The UnAmericans (Lance Storm and William Regal) vs. 3 Minute Warning (w/ Rico)

The champions were immediately under pressure, as 3 Minute Warning and Storm and Regal teamed up on one each of them. However, both Booker and Goldust managed to fight back, and were soon the only team left standing in the ring. The match evened out so that only Jamal and Booker were left in the ring, and a more controlled environment was sustained. Booker took charge of the match with some chops and kicks to the Samoan, and soon took Jamal off his feet with a spin kick to the face. A cover only gets two however. Booker picks Jamal up, and goes to throw him against the ropes, but Jamal reverses it, and Rosey gets a shot in on Booker, before Booker stumbles into a sidewalk slam from Jamal. Jamal covers, but also only gets two. Meanwhile, Lance Storm takes the top turnbuckle pad off his corner, and signals to Jamal to bring Booker over. Booker however reverses Jamal’s attempt to send him into the exposed turnbuckle, and sends the Samoan into it instead. Booker then tags in Storm himself, and the Canadian is forced to take on a prospective ally. Storm unloads some right hands at Jamal, and knocks him down with a strong dropkick. Storm tags in Regal, who uses his usual unique offence to keep Jamal down. However, Regal makes the mistake of heading too near to the Goldust/Booker corner, and Booker tags himself back into the match. Booker keeps attacking Jamal, and eventually kicks him in the gut, and comes off the ropes to hit a Scissors Kick. Booker covers as Goldust comes in to take care of Rosey, and 3 Minute Warning are eliminated!

Regal comes back in with a cheap shot to Booker, sending the 5-Time WCW Champion to the mat. Regal then drops a knee to the back of Booker’s head, and then locks in the Regal Stretch to try to make Booker tap out. However, Goldust is on hand to break up the hold before much damage can be done. Both men get back to their feet, and Booker hits a series of chops that light up Regal’s chest. Goldust gets the tag, and comes in to clothesline Regal to the mat. Goldust goes after Lance Storm as well, but gets punched in the face, and rolled up by Regal for a two count. Regal is ten able to focus on Goldust, hitting an Underhook Powerbomb for another two count, and working away at Goldust’s lower back with a backbreaker and repeatedly dropping knees and elbows onto Goldust’s back. A tag to Storm brings more punishment to Goldust, and soon the plan of the UnAmericans is revealed, as Storm locks in the Canadian Mapleleaf submission hold. Goldust is left in the centre of the ring, desperately trying to reach the ropes so the hold can be broken, and after a long struggle, he finally gets there. Goldust gets back to his feet, and he and Storm hit a double clothesline, meaning both men are left down on the mat. Goldust crawls to his corner to try and tag in Booker, but Regal manages to distract the referee at the perfect moment, and he doesn’t see the tag. Booker runs into the ring, but the referee stops him as he didn’t see the tag being made. This allows Regal to put on his brass knuckles, and nail Goldust right between the eyes with them. Storm crawls over after the referee turns around, and counts the three, making Regal and Storm the new World Tag Team Champions!

Winners and NEW World Tag Team Champions: Lance Storm and William Regal

Backstage, Josh Matthews is with Brock Lesnar.

Josh: Brock, tonight’s the night, the 2003 Royal Rumble, the chance to go to the main event of WrestleMania, and seeing as Paul Heyman and Kurt Angle refuse to let you have a title shot, and are willing to give anyone a title shot who eliminates you, you’re going to be a marked man tonight.

Brock: I am gonna be a marked man, there’s no doubting that, but you know what, I don’t mind that. I don’t mind it, I can handle the pressure, I can take whatever any of those 29 guys throw at me. In fact, I’m not worried about having a bounty on my back, it just makes me more determined to do what I have to do, which is throw 29 other guys over the top rope, and take my position in the main event of my first ever WrestleMania.

Match #2

WWE Tag Team Title Match

Los Guerreros (WWE Tag Team Champions) vs. Team Angle (w/ WWE Tag Team Title Belts)

Eddie and Haas start things off in this heated battle, with both men trading arm locks and other holds, before they both get to their feet, with neither getting an advantage. Haas tags in Benjamin for him to try his luck, but he can also not get past Guerrero’s defence, and he gets knocked down to the mat by a dropkick. Eddie brings Shelton over to his corner and tags in Chavo, who stomps away at Benjamin, before hitting a snap suplex that gets him a two count. Chavo goes to pick him up, but Shelton rolls over and throws him between the middle ropes, and Chavo lands hard on the outside. Shelton distracts the referee, which allows Haas to come over and throw Chavo into the steel ringpost. He then picks him up, and drops him face-first on the barricade. Haas pleads innocence when the referee sees him, and he rolls Chavo back in the ring, where Shelton gets a two count. Shelton hits a suplex of his own on Chavo, and tags in Haas, who runs in to drop an elbow on Chavo. Haas picks Chavo up, and takes him down again with a fireman’s carry, maintaining the facelock. Chavo however manages to get back to his feet, and he hits a back suplex that gets him a two count, as Benjamin comes in to break the count, and add a few stomps to Chavo for good measure. This gives Haas the opportunity to tag Shelton in legally, and the former NCAA competitor continues the assault on Chavo, taking Chavo down via his legs, and hooking in a leglock. Chavo keeps trying to reach the ropes but Shelton keeps pulling him back into the centre of the ring. Shelton pulls him so far back that he himself is able to use the ropes to add extra leverage to the hold, however the referee sees this, and the hold is broken. Chavo and Shelton get back to their feet, but their heads collide, and both fall down to the mat. Chavo manages to crawl over to his corner, and he makes the hot tag to Eddie! Eddie comes in like a CASA EN FUEGO~! and clears house, taking out Shelton with a clothesline, and dropkicking Haas over the top rope. Eddie heads to the top rope, but Benjamin gets up in time and crotches him. Shelton sets up for a superplex, but Chavo hits a double axe handle to the back, and Eddie flips over and hits a huge neckbreaker to get a 2 and a half count. Haas comes back in with a tag team title belt, and goes to hit Eddie, but Chavo knocks him down, and the belt falls out of his hands. Eddie spies the belt on the floor, and smiles, but the referee removes it before it can be used. Eddie argues with the referee, but Shelton rolls him up for a two count. Shelton charges at Eddie and gets back body dropped for his trouble, and Eddie heads to the top rope again. Frog Splash meets knees, and Shelton then heads to the top rope looking for a Splash, but Eddie rolls out of the way. Eddie heads outside to get a chair, and he throws it in the ring, but the referee removes it. Eddie then comes in with a title belt, but gets kicked in the gut, and then DDTed by Benjamin on to it. Benjamin pins Eddie with his feet on the ropes, and takes the win and the titles!

Winners, and NEW WWE Tag Team Champions: Team Angle

Crowd: 87%

Match: 96%

Overall: 91%

Stars: ****1/2

Match #3

HHH (World Heavyweight Champion w/ Ric Flair) vs. Scott Steiner

The match starts off with quite a bit of stalling by both men, until Steiner finally makes a move and unloads several right hands, and clotheslines HHH to the mat. HHH rolls out of the ring, and is counselled by Flair before heading back in. A clothesline is ducked, and HHH starts with some right hands, before throwing Steiner to the ropes and meeting him with a high knee for a two count. HHH continues the assault with a knee drop, before picking Steiner up and hitting a Suplex for another two count. HHH goes for the Pedigree to finish things early, but Steiner backdrops out of it. Steiner catches HHH as he runs towards him, and hits a technically… interesting Overhead Suplex for a two count. Steiner hits the kiss bicep-elbow drop, and then rolls off to do some press-ups to the crowd’s delight. Steiner hooks HHH up for a Suplex, but HHH hooks his leg around Steiner’s, and they drop down to the mat with HHH locking in an armbar. HHH releases the hold and goes after Steiner’s legs with the Indian Deathlock, trying to focus on one of Steiner’s many weak points. Steiner manages to make the ropes to stop the hold, but the damage has been done, and Steiner is forced to limp through the rest of the match. HHH goes for the Pedigree once again, but again Steiner manages to get out of the move, this time elevating HHH over the top rope to the floor. Steiner follows HHH outside and throws the World Heavyweight Champion into the steel steps, but his attempt at throwing HHH into the ringpost is reversed, and Steiner’s head meets the steel. HHH rolls Steiner back into the ring, and sets him up for the Pedigree… and hits it! HHH is about to cover when…

The lights go out, and a barrage of red pyro goes off on the top of the stage, and Kane comes running down! Kane slides into the ring, and immediately starts attacking HHH with right hands, before setting him up for, and then delivering a mighty Chokeslam to the World Champion! Steiner stumbles back to his feet, and HE gets a huge Chokeslam as well! The referee calls the match to a halt, deciding a no contest due to the interference, as Kane stands over the two fallen men and lights the ringposts up!

Match ruled a No Contest, Triple H is still World Champion

Crowd: 89%

Match: 83%

Overall: 87%

Match #4

Molly Holly vs. Victoria

The only women on the card tonight go at it, and with both females not being fan favourites, as well as the crowd still excited by Kane’s return, this match is used as a food break by the fans, and very few people are actually interested in it. Perhaps working this out, the match is very short, running no longer than four minutes, as Victoria takes the win and defends her title, after an attempted Widow’s Peak is reversed, and then reversed once more by Victoria into a roll-up that takes the victory, and Victoria retains her Women’s Title.

Winner and still Women’s Champion: Victoria

Crowd: 45%

Overall: 58%

Match #5

WWE Heavyweight Title Match

Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

The crowd immediately get pumped up for this one, expecting a great match between the two great wrestlers, and with the WWE Title up for grabs, the wrestlers themselves are also ready for it. The match starts with Benoit immediately trying to lock the Crossface in, but Angle rolls out of it, and then out of the ring to refocus. Angle comes back in, and this time he drops Benoit with a leg takedown, and goes for the Ankle Lock, but this time Benoit rolls out of it and out of the ring. Back in, Benoit and Angle start trading chops, which Benoit unsurprisingly wins, and he throws Angle into the ropes, and meets him with a knee to the gut. Angle gets back to his feet, and runs into another attempted Crippler Crossface, but the Olympic Gold Medallist makes the ropes before Benoit can lock it in. Both men get to the feet, and Angle lifts a charging Benoit up and over the top rope, but Benoit lands on the apron. Shoulder to the gut of Angle, and Benoit drops Angle’s neck over the top rope. Back in, and a cover gets two. Benoit lifts Angle up, but Angle reverses a throw to the ropes, and hits an Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex as he comes back, and gets a two count himself. Angle locks in a front facelock, but Benoit powers out and hits a back suplex that gets another two count.

Benoit goes to throw Angle to the corner, but it’s reversed, and Benoit goes face-first into the turnbuckle, and Angle hits a German Suplex with a bridge to get a two count. Angle waits for Benoit to get up, and tries to hit the Angle Slam, but Benoit ducks it and turns it into a bridged German Suplex of his own for a two count. Benoit throws Angle shoulder-first into the ringpost, and tries to lock in the Crossface, but again Angle manages to counter it, this time into a Full Nelson hold, and he hits a Dragon Suplex! The impact of the move sends Benoit sprawling out of the ring, and Angle soon follows. Angle picks Benoit up, and drops him leg first on the ringsteps. He then sees Benoit getting up, and goes to clothesline him, but Benoit leg-trips him and Angle’s shoulder crashes into the steps. Both men head back inside, and Benoit hits a perfect German Suplex, and maintains the waistlock, before hitting a second one. However, as he goes for a third, Angle rolls through and grabs hold of Benoit’s leg, before locking the Ankle Lock in and dragging Benoit to the centre of the ring!

Angle continues to yank away at Benoit’s ankle, with Benoit screaming in pain. Benoit crawls closer and closer to the ropes, and finally reaches them, forcing Angle to break the hold. However, Angle soon grabs Benoit’s leg and pulls him away from the ropes, and locks the Ankle Lock in again, but this time Benoit rolls through, and puts the Sharpshooter on Angle! Now it’s Angle’s turn to desperately get to the ropes, but Benoit continues to pull him back when he gets within touching distance. Angle finally manages to make it though, and Benoit is now forced to let go of the hold. Benoit waits for Angle to get back to his feet before charging at him with an attempted clothesline, but Angle sees him coming and quickly hits the Angle Slam! Angle covers, but Benoit JUST kicks out before the three count! Angle covers again, but again he only gets two. The straps come down, and Angle goes back to the Ankle Lock, but Benoit once again rolls through, Benoit goes for the Sharpshooter, but Angle kicks him away. Angle goes for the Angle Slam again, but Benoit reverses, and it’s Angle that now suffers from an Overhead Suplex, and following the familiar taunt, Benoit heads over to the top rope. However, due to the damage he suffered as a result of the Ankle Lock, Benoit takes longer than he would have liked to get to the top rope, and this gives Angle the time he needs to get back to his feet. Angle heads over and crotches Benoit on the top rope. Angle then sets him up, and delivers an Angle Slam from the top rope! Angle covers, and retains his title in this incredible match! The crowd give Benoit a standing ovation as he leaves, despite being on the losing end of this match.

Winner, and still WWE Champion: Kurt Angle

Crowd: 88%

Match: 100%

Overall: 92%

Stars: *****

Match #6

2003 Royal Rumble

90 Second Intervals

Howard Finkel announces the rules of the match.

Finkel: It is now time for the Royal Rumble match! Earlier today, a random draw took place to decide which number the wrestlers would enter the Royal Rumble match. In a moment, Rey Mysterio Jr. who lost earlier to get the number one entry and the wrestler who drew number two will enter the match. Every ninety seconds thereafter another wrestler will enter the match, according to the number they drew. An elimination occurs when a wrestler goes over the top rope, and both feet touch the floor. The last man standing at the end of the match will go on to face their respective brand’s champion at WrestleMania!

The first man in, as we found out earlier on in the evening is Rey Mysterio Jr., and coming in at number two is Matt Hardy. The two cruiserweights put on a good show, with some quick moves and a bit of daredevilry from Rey, but neither man comes close to being eliminated.

Entering at Number Three is Tajiri, Matt Hardy’s opponent from Velocity, and very soon Tajiri and Rey begin teaming up on the Sensei of Mattitude. However, Matt manages to fight both of them off with thumbs to their eyes as they try to get him over the top rope.

Entering at Number Four is the first RAW competitor in Test. The big Canadian wreaks havoc on the three cruiserweights in the ring, and a HUGE Big Boot to the face sends Tajiri flying over the top rope, becoming the first man to be eliminated.

1st Elimination: Tajiri by Test

Entering at Number Five is Test’s fellow Canadian Christian. The multi-time Tag Team champion goes straight after Rey Mysterio Jr., and they trade elimination attempts, with Rey landing on the apron but not going fully out. Test and Matt Hardy battle on the other side of the ring, but neither man even attempts to eliminate the other.

The Rumble gets a dose of superhero as The Hurricane comes out at number six, and he immediately helps his North Carolina friend Matt Hardy out with Test, and they begin to double team the Canadian. Christian comes over to help his friend, but he also gets double teamed by the North Carolina duo.

Bubba Ray Dudley comes out at number seven, and he pairs off with Christian, as two members of two of the greatest tag teams in WWE history go at it. Meanwhile, Matt Hardy and Hurricane manage to eliminate Test with a double clothesline, after both men avoid Test’s Big Boot, and he crotches himself on the top rope. After a handshake between Matt and the Hurricane, Matt eliminates the Hurricane as he turns around, breaking their small partnership.

2nd Elimination: Test by Matt Hardy and Hurricane

3rd Elimination: Hurricane by Matt Hardy

In at number eight is Full Blooded Italian Big Vito, and he immediately gets to work on Rey Mysterio Jr., almost eliminating the cruiserweight with his punches alone. Meanwhile, Bubba Ray tries to eliminate Christian, but the Canadian holds on to the top rope for dear life.

Another potential ally for Matt Hardy arrives in the shape of the number nine entrant Shannon Moore. The two Mattitude members try to eliminate Bubba Ray, but the Dudley Boy is able to withstand their attacks, and then hits the Bubba Bomb on Shannon. Rey manages to get some shots in on Vito, but the big Italian still maintains his dominance over the masked man.

Batista enters at number ten, and immediately the field begins to disperse a little. Bubba Ray is the first to go, getting on the receiving end of a devastating clothesline from the big man, and soon after, Big Vito gets taken out by a big kick to the face. Batista continues to try and dominate the opponents, and an attempted double clothesline from Shannon and Matt gets reversed into Batista clothesline both of them to the mat.

4th Elimination: Bubba Ray Dudley by Batista

5th Elimination: Big Vito by Batista

Next in at number eleven is Maven, but the Tough Enough winner doesn’t last long against the might of Batista, and is press-slammed out of the ring by the big monster. Christian tries to eliminate Batista cheaply after the elimination of Maven, but Batista turns round and clotheslines Christian out of his boots. With Christian, Rey, Matt and Shannon all down, Batista needs a good opponent…

6th Elimination: Maven by Batista

… and he gets it as Rob Van Dam enters to a big pop at number twelve. RVD unloads some forearms to Batista, and a spinning heel kick knocks Batista onto the second rope, where Rey Mysterio follows up with a 619. Rey begins celebrating, but Christian gets back to his feet and tries to eliminate him. However, Rey skins the cat, and stays in the Rumble.

Another big name enters at thirteen, as A-Train slowly walks to the ring. A-Train squares off with RVD, but he fares no better than Batista, getting missile-dropkicked to the mat by RVD. Meanwhile, Christian and Shannon Moore begin to battle, as do Rey and Matt Hardy. Batista gets back to his feet, and he and A-Train double team RVD with a double clothesline.

Jeff Hardy enters at number fourteen to the delight of the teeny girls, and immediately he starts trading blows with his brother Matt, a contest Jeff wins. Jeff tries to eliminate Matt, but Matt manages to stay on the apron. Shannon comes over to attack Jeff, and goes to throw him off the ropes, but Jeff reverses and sends him straight into Matt, knocking him off the apron. Shannon looks over in shock, which allows Jeff to come up behind him, and both members of Mattitude are eliminated, before they begin arguing on the outside.

7th Elimination: Matt Hardy by Shannon Moore

8th Elimination: Shannon Moore by Jeff Hardy

Rikishi enters at fifteen, upping the big man total even more. Jeff and Rey manage to double team Batista, as RVD and Christian form an unlikely partnership to try to get rid of A-Train. Rikishi gets in, and decides to try and help RVD and Christian, but instead they turn to attack him, leaving A-Train dangling over the top rope. Rikishi absorbs the punches from RVD and Christian, and sends them flying into the air with a double clothesline.

Nunzio enters at sixteen, and resumes his mini-feud with Rikishi. However the leader of the FBI doesn’t do much damage to Rikishi, and he is sent flying over the top rope following a superkick. A-Train also follows Nunzio out, as he charges at Jeff and Rey, only to get backdropped over the top rope by the two cruiserweights.

9th Elimination: Nunzio by Rikishi

10th Elimination: A-Train by Rey Mysterio Jr. and Jeff Hardy

Another FBI member enters next, Chuck Palumbo, and as he passes his fallen leader, he appears to be ordered to go after Rikishi. Chuck does just this, and hits a Jungle Kick on the big Samoan. However, Rikishi leans against the ropes following the kick, and comes back with a Superkick of his own, which sends Palumbo over the top rope as well. Jeff and Rey have now ended their partnership and are battling each other, as are RVD and Batista.

11th Elimination: Chuck Palumbo by Rikishi

The final member of the FBI enters next, Johnny Stamboli, and he also goes straight after Rikishi. However, Stamboli fares much better than his allies, and catches Rikishi’s kick as he goes for it. Stamboli then does an incredible feat, by lifting Rikishi up in a gorilla press position, and dropping the 400-pounder out of the ring! With the crowd suitable stunned, they also see Jeff get tossed over the top rope by Batista, sending the teeny girls into floods of hysteric tears.

12th Elimination: Rikishi by Johnny Stamboli

13th Elimination: Jeff Hardy by Batista

Entering at number nineteen to a loud pop is Shawn Michaels, and the two-time Royal Rumble winner immediately gets to work on Batista, whilst Rey Mysterio, still in the contest after entering at number one, pairs off with Christian. RVD meanwhile rolls under the bottom rope, and heads to the timekeeper’s position to get a steel chair.

The next wrestler in has the lights going out in the arena. Footsteps are heard, before “Deadman Walking” comes over the PA system. Suddenly, The Undertaker comes riding out on his motorbike, returning to the WWE after an absence at the hands of the Big Show, and heads straight to the ring. Back inside, RVD takes the steel chair he obtained earlier, and hands it to Christian, and nails a Van Daminator that sends Christian flying out of the ring! However, Batista comes over and tries to eliminate RVD, and Christian comes over and pulls RVD over the top rope with him!

14th Elimination: Christian by Rob Van Dam

15th Elimination: Rob Van Dam by Batista

Entering at 21 is John Cena, and he immediately goes after Rey Mysterio Jr. following their encounter earlier tonight. Meanwhile, The Undertaker and Batista are going at it, whilst Stamboli falls victim to a Sweet Chin Music from Shawn Michaels.

The buzzer goes off, and the lights go out again. The red pyro at the top of the stage goes off again, and Kane makes his second appearance of the night, charging to the ring with a purpose. Kane immediately starts making an impact, Stamboli gets thrown over the top rope, Cena and Rey head over together with Cena touching first, Batista gets Chokeslammed over the top with one hand, and Shawn Michaels goes in-between the second and top rope, and is therefore not eliminated. Soon only Kane and The Undertaker, the brothers of destruction, are left in the ring, and they begin to slug it out.

16th Elimination: Johnny Stamboli by Kane

17th Elimination: John Cena by Kane

18th Elimination: Rey Mysterio Jr. by Kane

19th Elimination: Batista by Kane

As ‘Taker and Kane fight, the twenty-third entry arrives in the shape of Rico, who decides to wait outside for The Undertaker and Kane to end. However, he is met by a Sweet Chin Music from Shawn Michaels, and is unwillingly rolled into the ring. Meanwhile, The Undertaker has taken control against Kane, and unloads a series of rights and lefts to his body. Kane however gets a huge upper thrust in, sending The Undertaker to the mat.

At 24 is the RAW mystery entrant, but it’s not a mystery for very long, as ‘IF YOU SMELL….” Echoes throughout the arena, and The Rock sprints out to a massive ovation. The Rock immediately goes after Kane, unloading the right hands, and hitting the spit punch to send him to the ropes. Rico gets the same treatment, but the final punch this time sends him up and over the top rope to elimination-ville. The Rock and Shawn Michaels then meet eyes, and soon two icons of the wrestling industry are exchanging punches. A flying clothesline knocks HBK down, but Michaels nips up, and takes Rock down with a flying forearm.

20th Elimination: Rico by The Rock

The twenty-fifth entry is Edge, and he gets straight into the fight, stomping away at a fallen Undertaker. He then goes over to Kane, and tries to eliminate the big red machine. All of a sudden Triple H comes out despite not being in the Rumble, grabs the chair left behind by RVD, and smashes it over the skull of Kane! The Big Red Machine tumbles to the mat, and is eliminated! Triple H runs for his life before Kane can get back to his feet, whilst Edge looks on in both shock and happiness at eliminating Kane.

21st Elimination: Kane by Edge

Number twenty-six is Randy Orton, and he is in no hurry to get to the ring considering that The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, The Rock and Edge are waiting for him. In the ring, Edge and The Undertaker are now brawling, as are The Rock and HBK. However on the outside, Kane spots Orton, and remembering that Orton is an ally of HHH, begins beating him down. He sends him into the ringsteps, and then headfirst into the ring post. Orton is then Chokeslammed on the mat outside, and rolled into the ring, with Kane sending a message to HHH.

Entering at number twenty-seven is Brock Lesnar, upping the huge names in the ring by one more. Lesnar takes down Michaels with a clothesline, then Edge, then The Rock, but runs into a Chokeslam attempt from The Undertaker. Brock however knees him in the stomach, picks The Undertaker up, and dumps him over the top rope! Brock continues his rampage by throwing Orton over the top rope, and then trying to eliminate Edge, but failing.

22nd Elimination: The Undertaker by Brock Lesnar

23rd Elimination: Randy Orton by Brock Lesnar

Number twenty-eight is Sean Morley, as the commentators speculate that Eric Bischoff might have something to do with Morley coming in as late as possible. Morley tries to assault Brock, but ends up getting a huge Spinebuster for his reward. Michaels is back to his feet, and he puts a sleeper hold on Brock to take the big man down to his knees, and eventually down to the mat.

As we knew from RAW, Chris Jericho is number twenty-nine, and he takes his sweet time in getting to the ring. However, Michaels spots him, dismounts Brock, and heads between the ropes to go after him. Jericho runs around the ring trying to avoid the Showstopper. Jericho slides into the ring, and stomps on Michaels’ back when he gets in. Jericho tries to eliminate HBK straight away, but Michaels reverses it and hits a Manhattan Drop.

And the last entrant makes his way in, the Big Show, possibly the man with the largest advantage in both size and condition. Show makes his way in, and very soon it’s Chokeslams for everyone. One to Rock, one to Edge, one to Morley, one to Jericho, but HBK stops him from Chokeslamming him by kicking him in the nuts. Michaels tries to eliminate Show with a Superkick, but Show catches his foot, and monstrously slams him to the mat. Show picks up Michaels, and throws him over the top rope! Michaels lies down on the outside, still suffering from the effects of his slam. However the Big Show is also suffering from the low blow HBK gave him, and is still holding… that area. Edge gets back to his feet, and tries to Spear him, but ends up getting tossed over the top rope instead.

24th Elimination: Shawn Michaels by the Big Show

25th Elimination: Edge by the Big Show

Five men are left, and apart from the Big Show, they’re all down on the mat. Big Show gets The Rock back to his feet, but the Great One starts hammering away at the Big Show with his trademark right hands. Suddenly, Chris Benoit comes to ringside, but does not get in the ring. The Rock keeps the right hands going, and goes for the big punch, which sends Show towards the ropes. Benoit climbs up on the apron, and pulls the top rope down, meaning that the Big Show topples over the top rope to the floor, and is eliminated!

26th Elimination: Big Show by The Rock

Benoit heads to the back, as the Final Four are left in the ring:

The Rock (24)

Chris Jericho (29)

Sean Morley (28)

Brock Lesnar (27)

All of a sudden, Brock gets hold of Chris Jericho, lifts him up on to his shoulders and delivers the F5! Then Brock comes back, and walks into a Rock Bottom from The Rock! Morley then comes over, and gets a HUGE Spinebuster from The Rock, setting him up for the People’s Elbow! Off comes the elbow pad, and off each rope goes the People’s Movie Star. The elbow is dropped, before Rock picks Morley up and tosses him over the top rope!

27th Elimination: Sean Morley by The Rock

The Rock goes over to pick Chris Jericho up, but gets a low blow for his trouble. Jericho tries to throw Rock over the top rope, but Rock holds on, and sticks a thumb to Jericho’s eye to stop him. Brock comes back over, and Jericho is lifted on to his shoulders once again. However, instead of hitting the F5, Brock goes to the ropes, and dumps Jericho over the top rope!

28th Elimination: Chris Jericho by Brock Lesnar

But Chris Jericho, being the bad loser that he is, gets hold of a chair, and despite the two referee’s best efforts, heads back into the ring, and smashes the chair over the head of both The Rock and Lesnar, sending them both to the mat. Jericho leaves, his anger having been taken out on the last two remaining competitors. For a while, The Rock and Brock remain on the mat, but they soon both get to their feet, and begin trading right hands. The Rock gets the upper hand, but it met by a knee to the gut. Lesnar goes for a fireman’s carry, but Rock reverses, and goes for the Rock Bottom, which is also reversed with an elbow to the head. The Rock charges at Brock, but Brock sidesteps him, and Rock goes between the second and third ropes. Brock thinks he’s won, and begins celebrating, but The Rock gets back in, and goes to eliminate Brock. Brock lands on the apron, and The Rock charges at him, hoping to knock him off, but Brock manages to backdrop him over the top to the floor to win the 2003 Royal Rumble!

29th Elimination: The Rock by Brock Lesnar

Brock begins to celebrate in the ring, but The Rock gets back in after him. The Rock extends his hand to a loud cheer, and Brock goes to take it. However, The Rock draws Brock in, and nails him with a Rock Bottom! The crowd begin booing The Rock as the Royal Rumble heads off the air!

Winner of Royal Rumble 2003: Brock Lesnar

Crowd: 76%

Overall: 79%

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -

OVERALL SHOW: 81%

PPV BUYRATE: 1.67

Attendance: 17,147

Takings: $4,175,000 (PPV), $1,028,820 (Gate)

Match of the Night: Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle

Worst Match of the Night: Victoria vs. Molly

Best Segment: Flair/HHH/Orton interview

Worst Segment: Brock interview

Show MVP: Kurt Angle

Show Idiot: Molly Holly

Great show, Chris, and I'm glad to see I only got two predictions wrong. Still, I only chose Mysterio to help with the heel/face victory tally, but I was wrong and the amount of heels winning OVERWHELMED the amount of faces :( (only one face won :o)

Still, as I said a great show, and it should lead into WrestleMania nicely.

user posted image

PREVIEW

THE ROYAL RUMBLE FALLOUT

user posted image

Last night's Royal Rumble was set to provide plent of discussion points, and that it did with the Big Red Machine Kane making an appearance in the World Title match between HHH and Scott Steiner, brutally attacking both the World Champion and the Number One Contender, making the match a no contest!

However, HHH gained his revenge by attacking Kane during the Royal Rumble match, sending the masked man tumbling over the top rope to the floor and elimination! What will both men have to say about their actions tonight?

Also, Chris Jericho seemed mighty upset not to win the Rumble, and attacked both the eventual winner Brock Lesnar and the runner-up The Rock. What will Jericho say about his Rumble performance? And will we see any sign of The Rock?

Find out, tonight on RAW (9/8 CT on TNN).

user posted image

20th January 2003

Hosted by Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

The show starts off in the same way that the World Title match last night finished, with Kane coming to the ring. The BRM lights the ringposts, before speaking into a microphone he brought with him.

Kane: Last night… last night was the moment I have been waiting for. For three months, I’ve been ignored, I’ve been mis-used, and all that time people have been laughing at me, sniggering at me, reminding me constantly that I’m a joke. And last October when HHH and Flair tried to label me as a necrophiliac was the lowest point in my life. I knew I was innocent, but HHH continued to mock me, continued to get into my brain and convince me that I was a bad person. And for a time it worked, for a time I believed I wasn’t good enough to be among the big stars in World Wrestling Entertainment because I was a freak. But people convinced me I wasn’t. But they were WRONG. I AM a freak, and what’s more, I’m a damn good one! And last night, was when I proved to HHH, to myself and to the world that I will NOT be laughed at any more, because I know I’m a vicious son of a b***h, and when I Chokeslammed Triple H and Scott Steiner last night, it made me proud to remember the days when I was unstoppable…

Coming out to offer a rebuttal is Triple H accompanied to the top of the ramp by Ric Flair.

HHH: Oh boo-hoo-hoo, you’re being picked on, you’re being laughed at. Well guess what Kane, this isn’t a school playground, this isn’t a social club, this is the WWE, and that kinda stuff happens. I don’t care about that, what I care about is the fact that you cost me the chance to defeat Scott Steiner and get him out of my way..

Kane: Oh look, if it’s not our World Champion. What an honour it is to have such a virtuous and courageous man here, the kind of man that interferes with someone’s opportunity to win the Royal Rumble and go to WrestleMania.

HHH: What you think you were gonna get away with Chokeslamming me? You think I’d let you get away with ruining my match? I thought you knew me better than that Kane, and I thought you would have been expecting me to come back and get my revenge. So you sob all you want, but you know one person who won’t be sobbing? Randy Orton, the guy, the INNOCENT guy that you assaulted last night. Orton had nothing to do with any of this except the fact that he looked up to, and respected Ric Flair and myself.

Kane: Maybe he should look up to and respect someone with some class?

HHH: What like you? The murderer? The necrophiliac? The freak? Kane, you have no place being in this industry, and you have no place involving yourself in my affairs. The only thing you deserve is to be locked away again, only this time, someone should throw away the damn key!

Kane is irate at this, and heads out of the ring after HHH, but gets Flair instead. Flair doesn’t last long, getting knocked down with one Kane punch, as security and road agents come out to separate Kane and HHH. Soon after, RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff comes out.

Bischoff: You know, last night was an embarrassment for me. Not only did a SmackDown! competitor win the Royal Rumble, but even the World Title match that was our Main Event ended prematurely! So you guys are not in my best books! But I have made a decision, and it’s one that effects not only you three, but the other man effected by last night’s events, Scott Steiner. Tonight, in this very ring, it’s gonna be Triple H and Ric Flair taking on Kane and Scott Steiner!

Rating: 83%

Match #1

Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam vs. Christian and Batista

This battle comprising four of the beaten Royal Rumble competitors gets off to a quick start, with Jeff and RVD using their speedy high risk moves to take control, but Jeff eventually crashes and burns after trying a railrunner on Batista, but gets caught and viciously slammed on the rampway. Jeff remains on the outside for the majority of the match, with RVD suffering from being in what is effectively now a handicap match. He does however manage to get some shots in on Christian, but his brief spell of offense is broken by a thunderous clothesline from Batista. Batista then lifts RVD up, and gives him the demon bomb, before walking off, allowing Christian to get the cover and the win. After the match, Jeff comes back to try and help RVD up, but gets ignored by Mr. Monday Night, who heads to the back by himself.

Winners by Pinfall: Batista and Christian

Crowd: 76%

Match: 86%

Match #2

Jacqueline vs. Stacy Keibler

This is definitely not a classic technical wrestling match, in fact some people would probably say it’s not even a wrestling match. Lots of punching and kicking, mainly from Jacqueline who dominates most of the match, finally ending the brutality with a Tornado DDT.

Winner by Pinfall: Jacqueline

Crowd: 70%

Match: 25% :lol

Overall: 56%

Stars: DUD

But Jacqueline isn’t done yet, and she gets a microphone from Lillian Garcia.

Jacqueline: Now y’all just saw me kick this skinny little girl’s ass, and I’m sick and tired of having to fight these girls who have no idea what being a mean sister’s like! So instead of fighting these legally blonde cast-offs, I wanna fight some of those tough guys who think that women’s wrestling’s a load of crap! So if an…

Jacqueline is cut off by the Y2J Countdown, as Chris Jericho comes out, fresh from coming third in the 2003 Royal Rumble.

Jericho: For god’s sake, would you PLEASE, SHUT, THE HELL, UP! Nobody cares about what some woman like you has to say, I’ve learnt from the past that women have no place being around a wrestling ring, let alone in one. Hell, I had to share my Intercontinental Title with a woman not so long ago, and it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my career, if not my life! So why don’t you go backstage and make all the thirsty guys a nice cup of coffee or something?

Jacqueline: Well you seem mighty arrogant about how good you think you are, how ‘bout you come down here and show me what you’re made of?!

Jericho: You know, some of us just went through hell in a Royal Rumble match not 24 hours ago, I don’t have time to play games with you.

Jacqueline: This ain’t no game, this is wrestlin’, and if you haven’t got the guts, then you’re just as much of a wimp as you look!

Jericho: Ok, ok, I didn’t want to have to do this, but I am TRYING to make this show more enjoyable for my fans, and I know this is what they want me to do!

Jericho drops the mic, and runs to the ring. He goes to clothesline Jacqueline, but Jacqui ducks and hits a low blow on Jericho, before DDTing him! Jacqueline heads up the ramp laughing and with a broad smile, as Jericho gets to his knees with a shocked and embarrassed look on his face!

Backstage, Jonathan Coachman is with Scott Steiner.

Coach: Scott Steiner, last night you may have been able to take away HHH’s World Heavyweight Title, however Kane interfered, Chokeslamming both Triple H and you to the mat, and causing the match to be ruled a no contest. Now in tonight’s RAW Main Event, you will be teaming with Kane to take on Triple H and Ric Flair. How do you feel about this?

Steiner: You think it matters if I care about this? What’s done is done, and there’s no point in moaning about it. Sure, last night I was pissed off that I couldn’t get the job done because of Kane, but there’ll be plenty of chances in the future. What matters to be right now is that I get my re-match for the World Title, be it on next week’s RAW, or be it at No Way Out. Tonight is just one more step towards the Big Bad Booty Daddy becoming the World Champion!

Rating: 82%

Match #3

Lance Storm and William Regal vs. Booker T and Goldust

The former-champions exercise their rematch clause straight away, hoping to make Regal and Storm’s reign as champions as short as possible. Booker and Goldust actually dominate the match for quite some time, concentrating mainly on wearing down Lance Storm. However, a cheap shot from William Regal allows the UnAmericans back into the match, and for the second night in a row they try to wear down Goldust’s lower back. Storm goes for the Canadian MapleLeaf, but Goldust manages to roll him up for a two count, and gets the tag to Booker T. Booker starts to dominate Storm, and gets ready to hit the Scissors Kick. However, as he runs back to hit the Kick, Regal nails him in the back of the head with some brass knuckles, and Storm grabs him in a small package to retain the titles!

Winners, and still World Tag Team Champions: William Regal and Lance Storm

Match: 83%

Match #4

The Hurricane vs. Test

Test, still angry over being eliminated from the Royal Rumble by the combined forces of Hurricane and Matt Hardy, apparently challenged Hurricane to this match as soon as he returned to the locker-room last night. Test displays an arrogant side as he tosses the cruiserweight around the ring, but doesn’t seem too alert when Hurricane surprises him with a shining wizard that gets a two count. Test tries to nail him with the Big Boot, but Hurricane ducks and rolls through to take the pinfall and an upset victory!

Winner by Pinfall: The Hurricane

Crowd: 71%

Overall: 77%

Backstage, we see Jacqueline walking through the halls. She comes across Trish Stratus, and the two begin to talk.

Trish: Hey Jacquie, did you say that our Women’s Division is ‘a load of crap’?

Jacqueline: No foo’, I said that the guys think it is. We work our butts off every week but we never get the recognition we deserve, and maybe we will now I’ve sorted out that ego of Chris Jericho!

Trish: Yeah, that was awesome, the way you just punched him right in the nuts! I wish I could’ve…

Suddenly, Chris Jericho appears from behind, and smashes Jacqueline over the head with a chair! Jericho threatens Trish as well, sending the young Canadian running, as Jericho stands over Jacqueline’s body smirking!

Match #5

MAIN EVENT

Triple H (World Heavyweight Champion) & Ric Flair vs. Kane & Scott Steiner

This slow and steady match starts off with Kane going up against Ric Flair, and the 16-time world champion doesn’t get much of a chance to do much damage to the Big Red Machine, getting pummelled from pillar to post, before he eventually gets a thumb to Kane’s eye, and tags in the World Champion HHH. HHH starts off with a knee to the face of Kane, and continues to slug away. He then hits a suplex on Kane, but misses an elbow drop when he comes back off the ropes. Kane tags in Steiner, who immediately gets to work on HHH with clotheslines and an elbow drop of his own. HHH turns the tide by elbowing Steiner in the neck as he goes for a suplex, and Flair comes back in. Flair tries to work on Steiner’s leg, but Big Poppa Pump is too powerful, and hits an Overhead Suplex on Flair for a two count. Flair regains control after a cheap shot from HHH, and locks in the figure four on Steiner, who is still suffering from the effects of the Indian Deathlock last night. Steiner manages to reach the ropes, and kicks Flair away as he goes to put the move back in. Steiner goes over to tag in Kane, but HHH pulls Kane off the apron, and the two begin brawling on the outside. Back in, Flair pulls something from his tights, and hits Steiner over the head with it, but only gets a two count! Flair can’t believe it, and starts ranting and raving, but he runs straight into a Reverse DDT from Steiner! Steiner makes the cover, and gets the victory!

Winners: Scott Steiner and Kane

Crowd: 90%

Match: 70%

Overall: 83%

But before Steiner can celebrate, Randy Orton and Batista run in, and begin assaulting him! Orton hits what looks like a modified version of a Diamond Cutter, and then Batista comes in and hits the Demon Bomb! Kane comes back in to take them out, and succeeds for a while, clotheslining both Orton and Batista to the mat. Kane gets ready to hit a Chokeslam on Flair, but HHH attacks him from behind. Flair gives Kane a low blow, and HHH hits the Pedigree to complete the beatdown! RAW goes off the air with Batista, Orton, Flair and HHH standing over a fallen Steiner and Kane!

OVERALL SHOW: 79% (-1%)

TV RATING: 5.56 (+0.29)

Attendance: 8,043 (+27)

Takings: $321,720 (+$1,080)

Best Match: Lance Storm & William Regal vs. Booker T and Goldust

Worst Match: Jacqueline vs. Stacy Keibler

Best Segment: Jacqueline/Jericho confrontation

Worst Segment: Jericho attacking Jacqueline

Show MVP: Chris Jericho

Show Idiot: Stacy Keibler

user posted image

PREVIEW

THE RUMBLE WINNER’S NIGHT

user posted image

Brock Lesnar became the 2003 Royal Rumble winner on Sunday, eliminating The Rock to take the prize, and getting a first class ticket to the WrestleMania Main Event. Having prohibited Brock from having a title match up until now, what will Paul Heyman and Kurt Angle have to say about this result?

Speaking of Angle, he and Chris Benoit had one hell of a match at the Royal Rumble, and as a result, Angle has been granted the night off. However, the true fighter Benoit refuses to have a break, and will be in action against John Cena! Also, the new WWE Tag Team Champions, Team Angle, will have their first title defence tonight, against a surprise team of Miss McMahon’s choosing!

Who will the team be? Find out on SmackDown! only on UPN! (8/7 CT)

Kane didn't sound very Kaneish :P But apart from that, 'twas cool. Not too sure if TNN would like the idea of a guy smashing a girl in the head with a steel chair though :P

It seemed a bit short, too. Not writeup wise, but segments wise. It barely seems like an hour, let alone two (and that's if you give the main event 30 minutes, and include adverts).