Rockstar responds to piracy of GTA: San Andreas

apsham

Guest bukkake bandit

Ofcourse  they will be pissed off.....just like the music industry is. You expect them to release a statement saying...."You guys go ahead....keep stealing our stuff.......and have a nice day......want a cookie?"

Edited by bukkake bandit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be playing this game pretty much solidly for the next few months and then after that returning pretty often.

I like to have the proper case, book, map, game etc cos with it comes a sense of ownership and having bought something enjoyable and worthwhile.

So for the amount of entertainment I get out of it it's cheaper than going to wrestling, footy, cricket, cinema, theatre...ANYTHING pretty much.

You know how many man hours go into making and developing these games?! Fair play to the companies for making profit as well as paying for all the wages etc!

I'm not happy with high prices but I think it's unrealistic and in fact offensive to expect PS2 games sealed from the developer for £10.

Let's see the options here as a business. Lower your prices so a low income family can afford a game or maximize profits. Hmm....tough choice. Is it right or wrong? That's not the question here. This isn't an important enough issue for it to be that. Like I said above.....your argument would fly if this was about something essential to life.

Guest Bluesman

However, the need to lower the price would not apply, given the insane amount of demand for that game. Furthermore, in regards to the accessibility for lower income families, you have to remember they would need the PS2 system, a memory card, and a controller.

Although I suppose they could have just stolen all that :shifty:

However, the need to lower the price would not apply, given the insane amount of demand for that game. Furthermore, in regards to the accessibility for lower income families, you have to remember they would need the PS2 system, a memory card, and a controller.

Although I suppose they could have just stolen all that :shifty:

Guest bukkake bandit

LMAO, someone tell me he realy claimed they make hundrets of millions with this game, LMAO LMAO LMAO, what an expert he is LMAO

Edited by bukkake bandit

Let's see the options here as a business. Lower your prices so a low income family can afford a game or maximize profits. Hmm....tough choice. Is it right or wrong? That's not the question here. This isn't an important enough issue for it to be that. Like I said above.....your argument would fly if this was about something essential to life.

I don't think they'll lower the price for lower income families. Rather, simple economics. If you lower the price, you could have a higher profit since more people would buy the game and you would make your profit through volume.

Edited by sahyder1

I don't think they'll lower the price for lower income families. Rather, simple economics. If you lower the price, you could have a higher profit since more people would buy the game and you would make your profit through volume.

Simple economics also states that you have no need to lower the price of your product if the demand is still high

Ah yes...the Elasticity of the Supply/Demand Ratio...*happy flashbacks to GCSE Business Studies* ^_^

Also, lowering the price does not guarantee a corresponding increase in sales. The market is only a certain size, and cannot be expanded indefinitely.

Edited by stokeriño

Demand is high I'll agree with that. But I'm going by what I'm learning right now in Macro is that there are varying forms of demand. As I stated above, there are people who are interested in it but are waiting for the price to come down or to see if it is worth $90 Canadian.

Lowering the price could tap that demographic but it also might not. It's not something that's a well written rule. I wonder how the ESPN series are selling since they're $20 US.

Guest Downloading_Man

Vice City sold 12 million units. At $50, that's only $600,000,000 made off the game. And it costs more in other countries. They could sell Grand Theft Auto games for a dollar and still make a huge profit.

It dossent coast more in other countrys you smartass, America dos not have the sales tax in the fucking price, the rest of the world has, rockstar sees shit of the extra monney you see on our gameprice.

And afterall, why the fuck are you complaining so much wen you think that you and your US prices are better of than the rest of the world annyway ? Crybaby.

You have less clue than BigDirty wen he is on jelly bears (again)

Edited by Michael Matzat