Rockstar responds to piracy of GTA: San Andreas

apsham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in the UK for a new PS2 game in the shops you will pay £39.99.

In US dollars that equates to about $72.78.

However I believe the average income in the UK is about £17,000 (apparantly though I've never been anywhere near) which equates to $30,940 approx US.

For doing childrens sports coaching I can earn about £10 an hour in schools.

Working in the Chinese takeaway when I was younger I was on £4.30 per hour as counter staff.

From what I've heard the $/£ situation is that $3.99 is equivalent to £3.99. We get paid more but things cost more. It evens out.

If Americans come over here everything is too expensive for them as $3.20 that bought them a Value Meal at McDonalds costs £3.20 ($5.76) in the UK. But when we go over to America, everything is dirt cheap and we're rich...

Here ends the economics lesson, dunno what I was trying to say, I guess I'm interested in the exchange rate between Canada and the US to see if Canadian games are really 'that' expensive compared to over here...

Guest bukkake bandit

The extreme cost of video games is comparable to the overpricing of CDs. You believe it's purely coincidental downloading music is as widespread as it is, and pirating video games just so happens to be in it's footsteps? You're deluded.

I remember when I was buying new Mega Drive games for £34.99...

It didn't bother me that much then, but now I come across them for £1 or £2, and I feel a little dead inside.

Except for Sonic games of course, which were worth every penny.

But not Sonic Spinball.

Or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Or any of the Sonic Kart games.

Fuck it, I got Sonic 2 free with my Mega Drive 12 years ago, and I'm still playing it today (literally...today). Now THAT is value.

Guest bukkake bandit

The extreme cost of video games is comparable to the overpricing of CDs. You believe it's purely coincidental downloading music is as widespread as it is, and pirating video games just so happens to be in it's footsteps? You're deluded.

Keep putting words into people's mouths.....you're getting really good at it. :rolleyes:

Please tell me where I said that.

Edited by bukkake bandit

Keep putting words into people's mouths.....you're getting really good at it. :rolleyes:

Please tell me where I said that.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest bukkake bandit

Too bad more then enough peope do. Asking a video game company to lower their prices when  they're clearly making as much profit as they need right now at their current prices is retarded. Games aren't a necessity in life. If this argument was about the cost of medicine or something you might have something.
Edited by bukkake bandit

Guest bukkake bandit

Let's see the options here as a business. Lower your prices so a low income family can afford a game or maximize profits. Hmm....tough choice. Is it right or wrong? That's not the question here.

Ok....its a 100+ hour game.

You know DVD's with like 50 hours of footage cost over $50 right?

This game is massive, it's got incredible replay ability and we're lucky they're giving it out for only $50.

You seem to forget Rockstar has to make back all the money they put into the game, as making a game is a bit more complex than "putting shit on a CD"