Reccommend Me

apsham

THE DOORS DO NOT OWN THE BEATLES THE BEALTES OWN EBERYBODY

i love fultie so much.

the doors = one of the most overrated bands of all time. the beatles = THE BEST

Try out Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Cream, Simon and Garfunkel etc. Dunno if that's what you're looking at but yeah. They're all better than The Doors.

Edited by Underage Politician

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The theme to Shaft by Isaac Hayes. That song is the shiznit, and is cooler than the version he did for the Samuel L. Jackson movie.

Black Randy and the Metrosquad do the best version of this song imo.

Try out Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Cream, Simon and Garfunkel etc. Dunno if that's what you're looking at but yeah. They're all better than The Doors.

I've been an avid Doors fan for years, so I wonder why you think they are overrated? They had three incredible musicians, and Jim Morrison who is arguably one of the greatest writers/front men of his time. Honestly, I'd take the Doors over the Beatles, or anybody you listed any day of the week. I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of the groups you listed, but none of them really inspire me. The Doors had great elements of blues, and acid rock in their music. I can't fathom anybody listening to the Doors and not being impressed with their musicianship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Beatles work, but I can only listen to them for a brief time before I'm bored with them. With the Doors, I can put anything by them on, and expect to tap my toes and sing along with them.

I've been an avid Doors fan for years, so I wonder why you think they are overrated? They had three incredible musicians, and Jim Morrison who is arguably one of the greatest writers/front men of his time. Honestly, I'd take the Doors over the Beatles, or anybody you listed any day of the week. I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of the groups you listed, but none of them really inspire me. The Doors had great elements of blues, and acid rock in their music. I can't fathom anybody listening to the Doors and not being impressed with their musicianship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Beatles work, but I can only listen to them for a brief time before I'm bored with them. With the Doors, I can put anything by them on, and expect to tap my toes and sing along with them.

I've been an avid Beatles fan for years, so I wonder why you think they are boring? They had three incredible musicians, and John Lennon who is arguably one of the greatest writers/front men of his time. Honestly, I'd take the Beatles over the Doors, or anybody you listed any day of the week. I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of the groups you list in your punk history posts, but none of them really inspire me. The Beatles had great elements of blues, gospel and rock in their music. I can't fathom anybody listening to the Beatles and not being impressed with their musicianship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Doors work, but I can only listen to them for a brief time before I'm bored with them. With the Beatles, I can put anything by them on, and expect to tap my toes and sing along with them.

Different tastes. (Y)

The theme to Shaft by Isaac Hayes. That song is the shiznit, and is cooler than the version he did for the Samuel L. Jackson movie.

Black Randy and the Metrosquad do the best version of this song imo.

I've been an avid Beatles fan for years, so I wonder why you think they are boring? They had three incredible musicians, and John Lennon who is arguably one of the greatest writers/front men of his time. Honestly, I'd take the Beatles over the Doors, or anybody you listed any day of the week. I'm not trying to discredit the achievements of the groups you list in your punk history posts, but none of them really inspire me. The Beatles had great elements of blues, gospel and rock in their music. I can't fathom anybody listening to the Beatles and not being impressed with their musicianship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Doors work, but I can only listen to them for a brief time before I'm bored with them. With the Beatles, I can put anything by them on, and expect to tap my toes and sing along with them.

Different tastes. (Y)

Point well taken. :thumbsup:

As I said I said, I do like the Beatles music, but I think the problem is that they didn't age well for me. However, I will stand by the fact that the Beatles were in fact one of the greatest and most influential groups of the 1960s.

Heh, as I read through your post I was thinking "wow, this sounds familiar." :lol:

Atleast George agrees with my rant on the Doors. :wub::shifty:

Edited by VerbalPuke