Vince McMahon: Pulling The Strings

Lord Nibbler

user posted image

FINAL SURVIVOR SERIES CARD

user posted imageMatches

Classic Survivor Series Match - Winners get control of RAW for a month!

Triple H, Batista, Ric Flair and Gene Snitsky vs. Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, William Regal and Maven

Classic Survivor Series Match - Winner gets a Women's title shot on RAW!

Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Jazz and Gail Kim vs. Lita, Stacy Keibler, Victoria and Nidia

World Tag Team Titles Match

La Resistance © vs. Matt Anoai and a partner to be announced

Chris Benoit and Shelton Benjamin vs. Edge and Christian

user posted imageMatches

WWE Championship

John "Bradshaw" Layfield © w/ Orlando Jordan vs. Booker T

Classic Survivor Series Match

Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, Rob Van Dam and Big Show vs. Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak and Hardcore Holly

The Undertaker vs. Heidenreich w/Paul Heyman

WWE United States Championship

Carlito Caribbean Cool © w/Jesus Aguilera vs. Rico w/Miss Jackie

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Spike Dudley © vs. Paul London

user posted image

November 13th, 2004

Taped from San Antonio, Texas on November 9th

Attendance: 7026

Announce Team: Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott (Play by Play), Josh Matthews (Interviews)

Heyman and Heidenreich

The show kicked off by showing Paul Heyman backstage with John Heidenreich, prior to his handicap match later in the show. Heyman was showing him pictures of The Undertaker to motivate him. Heidenreich got increasingly worked up until he snapped, trashing the locker room and storming out. Heyman grinned a sadistic grin and the cameras switched to ringside.

Spike Dudley vs. Shannon Moore

Shannon Moore tasted Cruiserweight gold in this match...but not in the way he would have hoped? Spike Dudley again came to ringside alone for his non-title match, but in the early going it looked as though he wouldn't need any help. Shannon Moore fought back near the end, and it took a shot from Spike's Cruiserweight Title to put Moore down for the three count.

Overall raring: 61%

Matt Cappottelli vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool

Carlito started the match by trash talking the rookie Cappottelli, telling him that though he may have beenn 'Tough Enough', he obviously wasn't 'Cool Enough'. Cappottelli took offense to this, and showed the US champion exactly why he won Tough Enough 3. He nearly upset the champ with a diving elbow from the top rope, but Carlito regained his composure and drilled Matt with the Carlito's Way sit-out neckbreaker and cockily pinned him for the win.

Overall rating: 68%

Team Angle

The cameras showed Team Angle members Hardcore Holly, Mark Jindrak and Luther Reigns all engaged in a 'team talk' backstage. Holly looked confident about his match with Charlie Haas later in the night, but before the cameras could get close enough to pick up on the conversation, Luther Reigns spotted our camera man and 'persuaded' him to leave.

94%

John Heidenreich vs. Funaki and Akio

This certainly wasn't a case of power in numbers, as the monster systematically demolished the two terrified cruiserweights. Matters got even worse after Akio bailed out, leaving Funaki one-on-one with the psychopathic Heidenreich. As Heyman shouted words of encouragement, Heidenreich flattened Smackdown's Number One announcer with... um....ah, damn it's a...you know that move Goldberg use to use? the suplex thing where he then drops him onto his shoulder before slamming him down? that one. 1, 2, 3, squash over.

Overall raring: 64%

Charlie Haas vs. Hardcore Holly

Charlie Haas came off the blocks with a head of steam, but by the end of the match it was clear why Hardcore Holly looked so confident earlier. Charlie looked like he had it wrapped up when he locked Holly in the Haas of Pain, but Luther Reigns came down to ringside and started macking on Miss Jackie. Haas went over to the ropes to threaten Reigns, and Holly ran up behind him. Haas had learnt his lesson from last week, though, and pulled down the ropes causing Holly to fall to the outside and into Luther Reigns. As the referee started his 10 count, Mark Jindrak sneaked inside the ring and drilled Charlie Haas with the Mark of Excellence. Holly got back into the ring, and hit the Alabama Slam on Charlie Haas for good measure before making the pin and leaving with his Team Angle buddies

72%

Television rating: 4.22

Guest Cheesegood

This is great! 'Vince's notes' were hilarious! The actual shows weren't excellent but what else can you do with a 2004 roster! Push Carlito! I'm definitely a reader!

Edited by Cheesegood

Vince's Notes:

RAW 11/08/04

"oooh, look at me, i'm Eric Bischoff. i write the shows now, so i get to be on tv all the time instead of the people who deserve air time"

with Hurricane on the shelf for a good 8 months you're gonna have to give me a good reason not to fire Rosey

Matt A-what? this business works on snazzy names Eric. nobody would pay to see Larry Pfohl vs. Nelson Frazier, but plenty of people would pay to see Lex Luger vs. King Mabel. I can't even pronounce Anoia.

E+C = cool

i can see a HBK/Cade programme working out for both guys. he could still do with a gimmick of some sort or a catch phrase or something

Snitsky is a man-monster-mountain.

oh look, eric bischoff on camera...again...

Rhyno's swearing probably landed us...oh wait, there was a womans match there wasn't there? umm...nice job ladies

Rhyno's swearing probably landed us with a fine. unless this is part of a new tourett's syndrome gimmick, chill with the bad language

if I hear the name 'Eric Bischoff' one more time on this show....

don't go jobbing Batista too often

nice main event, but you missed the mandatory 'Flair goes to the top rope' sequence. nice to see some of the up-and-comers involved in the finish, the future stars of the company. **I'm talking about Orton Snitsky and Maven, not Jericho**

SmackDown! 11/11/04

we open with a black man and a mexican, then go to a match involving a japanese guy, a frenchman and two italians.

and they say WWE is racist..

i'm not sure about a Chavo face turn. the cruiser division is full of bland faces, the fans need a charismatic heel to react to

again, nice work promoting the tough enough thing. some of these guys are big enough that they just might make it in my company

running with the 'Saviour' nickname. you got sense, I like the cut of your jib

Carlito is a bonafide superstar in the making he shouldn't be languishing in midcard with the likes of Rico

'you might say he's the BIGgest man on the SHOW'...Paul Heyman, master of the pun

when was the last time we did the 'big man, little man' tag team thing?

digging up a grave? for a moment i thought we were in for another Katie Vick angle, but this could be even better!

a big schmozz is the best way to build up a Survivor Series match. textbook.

just came up with a new finishing move for Kurt: the Angle Strangle...

Puder looked pretty comfortable playing with the big boys.

the fans were going crazy go-nuts for JBL and Booker, should be a good match @ SS. I liked Orlando Jordan too, the man has talent.

Summary:

you both did OK, Bischoff you need to take a leaf out of Paul's book. your poor shows are causing viewers to not watch Smackdown, hence the lower ratings.

anyway, the real test is gonna be this Sunday. Survivor Series is a big PPV, don't screw it up. as always i'll be chipping in with ideas, take them on board

- THE BOSS

• 10 months later...