The Transfer Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis is pretty much a done deal so dont hold your breath evertonfan.

More Spurs news is that Helder Postiga has been sold back to Porto after just one season with midfielder Pedro Mendes joining Spurs

Source

I've got to hope, I can't face the prospect of Linderoth/Li Tie in our midfield next season. With those two, we'll be lucky to string 3 passes together next season.

Gah...it's just been confirmed. Well, get your money on Everton to go down, Rooney or not.

Edited by evertonfan

Chelsea 'in Drogba talks'

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon has travelled to Marseille to discuss the £26m transfer of striker Didier Drogba, BBC Sport understands.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who has been unimpressed by Hernan Crespo's late arrival for pre-season training, is known to be a fan of Drogba.

Mourinho said of the 28-year-old: "I see the qualities of power and speed.

"Also his control on the first touch and the way he fights - He's a player who can achieve great success."

Marseille general manager Pape Diouf told French magazine But two weeks ago that money accrued from the sale of Drogba to Chelsea would allow the club to buy three players of international stature.

Drogba, who cost Marseille only £4m when he moved from Guingamp, is contracted to the Ligue 1 club until 2008.

Drogba scored 19 goals in the French league last season and 11 in the Uefa Cup after joining from Guingamp.

Since arriving, Mourinho has already brought in Portugal defender Paulo Ferreira from his former club Porto and on Monday concluded the signing of PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman.

----------------------------------------------

Everton make Savage bid

Everton have confirmed they have made a £2.5m bid to bring Birmingham midfielder Robbie Savage to Goodison.

Everton boss David Moyes tried to sign the 29-year-old last season, but he opted to stay at St Andrews where he has been offered a new long-term deal.

"I can confirm that we have lodged a bid with Birmingham for Robbie Savage," Everton spokesman Ian Ross told the club's website.

Birmingham are now considering Everton's offer for the midfielder.

Everton are likely to use money from the possible £1.5m sale of Tomasz Radzinski to Fulham to fund the move for Savage.

I've got to hope, I can't face the prospect of Linderoth/Li Tie in our midfield next season.  With those two, we'll be lucky to string 3 passes together next season.

Gah...it's just been confirmed.  Well, get your money on Everton to go down, Rooney or not.

If you can get Robbie Savage after al the speculation I think you'll be ok. He works hard and should be better than those two you've mentioned (Li Tie did start well, but that's it).

You were better off getting rid of David "Long Ball" Unsworth.

My brother supports Everton, hence I have all the comings and goings drilled into me.

Well, Savage has signed a new contract at Brum, after Evertons offer was rejected, which was no suprise once it came out that it was £1.5 million upfront, with the rest due in 2008 IF Everton where still in the Premiership. Call me cynical, but this feels like the Everton board just saying to the fans "See, we are trying to sign people!".

And Theo Zagorakis has been released by AEK Athens, who need to clear the wage bill.

how old is Drogba? i read on goal.com that he was 25, but in that report it said he was 28 . . . wtf? also, I think it would be a bad move for Chelsea, I mean they already have enough quality strikers and he probably wouldn't get much play.

Drogba is 25. And I shall accompany this with the usual BBC article...

Drogba gets £27m price tag

French club Marseille have told Chelsea they must pay £26.7m to finally land Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba.

Chelsea have had an £18m offer turned down but negotiations are continuing.

Marseille coach Jose Anigo said: "Drogba is still a long way away from Chelsea and I'm expecting him to report to our training camp on 26 July."

But he added: "If Chelsea fall in line with our president Christophe Bouchet's asking price, then we shall resign ourselves to letting Didier go."

The 25-year-old is under contract in France until 2008, but Anigo said: "There are some offers that you can't refuse. "

And Bouchet said: "Negotiations have begun between Chelsea representatives and our general manager Pape Diouf."

"But we felt their offer of £18m was insufficient and I refused."

Bouchet added: "But the situation is extremely complex and it's a real balancing act not only on the human side but also because of our financial state that has to be taken into account as well."

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon had travelled to Marseille to discuss a deal for Drogba

And Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho, who was unimpressed by Hernan Crespo's late arrival for pre-season training, is known to be a fan of the forward.

"I see the qualities of power and speed," said Mourinho.

"Also his control on the first touch and the way he fights - he's a player who can achieve great success."

Drogba, who cost Marseille only £4m when he moved from Guingamp, scored 19 goals in the French league last season and 11 in the Uefa Cup.

"Is he worth £27m?" they ask. HELL NO.

Guest just got wicked

I think he'll give up that much for him. He seems to be very interested in him, and I can see that transfer happening very soon.

Big props to Marseille for fucking Chelsea out of an extra £15m or so. No way Drogba was even woth the original £18m that they offered..

Craig Hignett, Steve Guppy and Brian Deane are on trial at Leeds, who has just won their first pre season friendly :D

Also, anyone know where Henri Camara will be playing. All I know is that he has reportedly walked out on Wolves

Craig Hignett, Steve Guppy and Brian Deane are on trial at Leeds, who has just won their first pre season friendly  :D

Also, anyone know where Henri Camara will be playing. All I know is that he has reportedly walked out on Wolves

Bolton where strongly linked with Camara, so I'd guess if he doesn't stay at Wolves, that's where he will end up. There or some average French team.

Shevchenko Praises Crespo's Transfer

7/15/2004 4:32:00 PM

Andriy Shevchenko is enthusiastic at the prospect of playing along Hernan Crespo next season.

The AC Milan forward praised his club for acquiring the Argentinean striker and stated: "With Crespo the club made an important purchase. For us he is an extra possibility; our squad is complete in each department and still able to win."

source: Goal.com

Weird.

Milan will always be in the top three of the Italian league and well always do pretty great in the champions league, it doesn't make sense about getting Crespo. They are a great team and while Crespo IS usually good, he played pretty much shit for Chelsea if you ask me. I'll give the guy his chance, but oh well I just hope he plays up front instead of Inzaghi when Milan play Juve :)

Guest just got wicked

Here's Crespo's stats at Chelsea...

Premiership:

Apps: 19

Goals: 10

Sub on: 6

Sub off: 7

He didn't play in the FA Cup, played twice in the worthless cup, one of which he was subbed on.

In Europe:

Apps: 10

Goals: 2

Sub on: 3

Sub off: 5

Total:

Apps: 31

Goals: 12

Sub on: 10

Sub off: 12

So in his season at Chelski, he only played 9 full matches. His scoring record, for the limited playing time that he saw was pretty good, at least I'd say it was. Also I believe he was injured during parts of the season as well wasn't he?