The Transfer Thread

Apparently Rivaldo snubbed Celtic because they would only take him on trial. Shame, he would have cost them a shit load in wages and would probably be injured most of the season or just be a troublemaker.

Yeah but look at Bolton's central midfield.....

Jay Jay Okotcha

Rivaldo

Man that's good for a club of their stature!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid star Roberto Carlos has dismissed reports that he has held talks with Chelsea over a possible move to Stamford Bridge.

The Brazilian international is hopeful of staying at El Santiago Bernanbeu after holding talks with new manager Jose Antonio Camacho.

Carlos had seen talks over a new deal stall as he holds out for a new long-term deal.

Reports that emanated last week suggested that Chelsea were hoping to capitalise on the wrangle over his contract by taking him to England, but the full back insists he never talked to Chelsea and his comments were misinterpreted.

"I have never talked with Chelsea about anything," Roberto Carlos told Marca.

"The comments I made were misinterpreted.

"I don't know how to say how delighted I am to play for Madrid, to live in the city and in Spain where I have my family."

The former Internazionale ace has just over a year to run on his current deal and it seems Real are likely to offer him the long-term deal he desires to keep him in the Spanish capital.

Source

Rumours are that Tugay will be released if he doesn't agree to a pay reducing one year contract. Hope he signs on, don't think he would get a much better deal unless a Turkish club pay him a shedload.

Also according to teh Mirroe, Rovers are interested in Van Buyten. IF we get him, it would be quite a coup especially with the amount of teams after him and our dodgy defense.

Blackburn Rovers have signed Paul Dickov from Leicester City

Fucking Paul Dickov, kick start his career and lies to all the fans before buggering off. Little bastard.

I'm guessing your a Leicester fan, and so I have to ask...How did Leicester kick start his career? He was playing in the Premiership for Man City and Arsenal before he went to Leicester, wasn't he?

Norwich have completed the signing of Scottish international goalkeeper Paul Gallagher.

Gallagher was out of contract at Dundee United and has penned a two-year deal with the Canaries, promoted to the Barclays Premiership next season.

The 24-year-old is manager Nigel Worthington's first signing of the summer and will act as understudy to highly-rated Robert Green, who was called up to the England squad for the friendly against Sweden in March.

Norwich sign Keeper

BENITEZ AND TRIO TO REDS

Exciting times are ahead for Liverpool with La Liga's Championship-winning boss Rafa Benitez set to be named as the Reds' new boss. But to get the hearts really pulsing, The Sun have reported that the former Valencia manager wants three of his players to join him at Anfield, namely Pablo Aimar, Roberto Ayala and Santiago Canizares.

Valencia have apparently already signed a replacement for Canizares, while the 31-year-old Ayala is keen to follow Benitez to the Premiership for a new challenge. But with Aimar still contracted for four years in Spain, he might just be out of Liverpool's reach.

NOW FERREIRA

Porto's Paulo Ferreira is the latest player to suggest that he would like to follow Jose Mourinho to Chelsea. He said: "I would be delighted to be able to work with Mourinho once again. Who would not want to work with Jose?" But according to various reports, the Blues have already had a bid for the £10m-rated 25-year-old right-back rejected.

VAN BUYTEN TO ROVERS?

Blackburn boss Graeme Souness will land Manchester City's on-loan Marseille defender Daniel van Buyten if he can come up with his £4m asking price. Kevin Keegan is desperate to hold on to the Belgian, but he has been told that City don't have any money to spend. 

MIDO TO NEWCASTLE?

Marseille striker Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam has expressed interest in signing for Newcastle. The Egyptian, who has been out of favour at his French club, is desperate to get his career back on track. The 21-year-old is set for talks with Bobby Robson, although he will also consider offers from any of the big European leagues.

AND THE REST 

West Brom will sign released Manchester City midfielder Danny Tiatto...Portsmouth are chasing Leicester defender Ben Thatcher...Tugay will leave Blackburn to return on a free transfer to Galatasaray...Birmingham are refusing to sell Robbie Savage...Coventry striker Julian Joachim will complete his move to Leeds...And Spurs are now looking to France coach Jacques Santini as their new manager.

That would be a great move by Spurs. And his contract with France expires mid Euro 2004, so he could sign a pre-contract with Spurs now.

• Admin

Dickov is the sort of player Souness would like, but I wonder if we really need him?

Odds are Yorke & Cole are on their way out, so Dickov is a handy signing to help protect Stead & Gallagher.

Plus, he has one quality Dwight & Andy lacked - a work ethic. Not bad for £100,000 either.

So, the four players Souness wanted to sign during the summer look to be Van Buyten, Gamst Pedersen, Dickov and ???????

With Tugay likely off to Galatasary, and the comedy striker duo off too, the wage bill could come down a bit too, which is nice.

The Qatar Football Association insist they have beaten Bolton and Celtic to the signature of Rivaldo.

They claim the Brazilian international, who was a target for both British clubs, has signed up to join Ronald de Boer in the Middle East next season, while Frank de Boer is also considering a move to join his brother.

Qatar FA technical director, Manfred Honer, maintains the deal to take Rivaldo to their country is already sealed.

He said: 'Rivaldo has signed for us. He has been here for three days looking around and finding a place to live.'

Honer added: 'I never had any doubt in the negotiations that the move was all about money - it is what motivates the player.

'I can't reveal figures, but if you are telling me Celtic and Bolton were willing to offer him £30,000 a week, I can only smile and say we are paying him much, much more.'

Source

Looks like Rivaldo is tempted by the riches of Qatar.

what a poor move by Rivaldo. He rejected a trial contract from Celtic to join a very poor league. He won't have any competition in Qatar, at least with Celtic he would've earned his spot.

Odds are Yorke & Cole are on their way out, so Dickov is a handy signing to help protect Stead & Gallagher.

Plus, he has one quality Dwight & Andy lacked - a work ethic. Not bad for £100,000 either.

So, the four players Souness wanted to sign during the summer look to be Van Buyten, Gamst Pedersen, Dickov and ???????

With Tugay likely off to Galatasary, and the comedy striker duo off too, the wage bill could come down a bit too, which is nice.

I would probably keep Cole myself, he does have that striker knack of nicking goals plus he has alot of experince to teach our young strikers. Taht said, when Yorke leaves he will probably be moody so might be best if we did sell. But where would he go?

Yorke, fuck off. That is all.

As for the 4th player, not a clue.

I'm guessing your a Leicester fan, and so I have to ask...How did Leicester kick start his career?  He was playing in the Premiership for Man City and Arsenal before he went to Leicester, wasn't he?

He was in the reserves at Man City and was a striker known for being good on the ball but being crap at finishing. We signed him, gave him some first team football and turned him into the top goalscorer into Division 1 as well as allowing him to show his true potential. Its gutting how despite us giving his career a jump start that he would go off to another club but I can see his point of view now. If we hadn't picked him out of Man City's reserves the chances are he would either still be there or somewhere like Division 2.