The Transfer Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Real Deal

I was going to start a transfer thread but you beat me to it. Yes Martin is a fantastic signing and as im a proud villian myself we can only hope for great things next year.

Guest OnlyOneKeano

more or less confirmed Alan Smith to Man U 8M. The Van Bommel talks that supposed to have ended will probally sart again to Frank Arney is here at the lane . Spurs will be tight and other a really pathetic amount of money that PSV wont accept

Guest The Real Deal

Well I read in the paper PSV are willing to sell Van Bommel to Villa for 3m and its to be confirmed later this week, but I suspect that's just too fill the papers page.

Apparenty Gronkjaer is going to Birmingham.

Anyway, whats happening to Larsson? I heard he's leaving Celtic, so where is he going?

And if you believe the Sunday Express Chelsea are offering £70m for Gerrard. Mmmmmmmmmm................

Villa have found a unique clause in Van Bommel that will let him leave for just 2.8m. I have no idea what the clause actually is, but it sounds good to me. If Villa sign Van Bommel, I beleive that we'll be up there with the elite of the top 5.

I'd love van Bommel to come to us, it'd be so great. :D

INTER CONFIRM VERON INTEREST

Saturday 22nd May 2004

Internazionale chief Massimo Moratti has dropped the clearest hint that the club are keen on bringing unsettled Chelsea midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron back to Serie A.

Veron has expressed his desire to quit Chelsea after a nightmare year at Stamford Bridge.

The Argentine midfielder has seen his season blighted by a series of injuries and whenever he has played he has not produced his best.

The former Lazio and Parma schemer is happy that Inter want to sign him and he is keen to return to Italy after a mixed time in England with Manchester United and Chelsea.

Inter have also been linked with Edgar Davids, but Moratti has given a strong indication that Veron is their top target.

"I think our directors are looking around for the best players and we have been linked to Edgar Davids and Veron," said Moratti.

"But seeing as we can't bring both in and we have already approached one of them, it looks like the rumours about the other star are unfounded."

Moratti also admitted that Inter coach Alberto Zaccheroni will not have much money available and ruled out a move for Roma's Emerson.

"I really think it would be difficult to sign the Roma midfielder, as we have made it perfectly clear to Zaccheroni that the financial situation is a little tricky."

Sky Sports Story

I think the "one they have already approached" is Davids, to be honest, and not Veron. Davids' contract is up in the summer, leaving more money for Zac to spend elsewhere.

Leeds striker Alan Smith is still expected to join arch rivals Manchester United as the England man is keen to move to Old Trafford.

The Whites have already turned down a couple of bids from United, while Liverpool are also said to be sniffing around.

Everton have confirmed that they are interested, while Newcastle and Birmingham are also eyeing the powerful England striker.

Italian side Perugia are rumoured to be another interested party, although he would only move abroad to join one of the top sides.

Elland Road director Peter Lorimer says that they still expect Smith to move across The Pennines and join fierce rivals Manchester United.

"We discussed the situation at a board meeting (on Friday), but as yet no deal has been done," Lorimer told the club website.

"We have offers from other clubs, but Alan has said he would like to go to Old Trafford.

"This is the situation as it is now and, with United in the Cup final, we will look at it again next week."

The relegated West Yorkshire side are thought to want £10 million for their star striker, to go some way in appeasing the fans who will be furious if he follows in the footsteps of Rio Ferdinand.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to add another striker to his squad and sees Smith as a quality addition.

Smith failed to make Sven Goran Eriksson's squad for Euro 2004 so has plenty of time to sort out his future, and the boyhood Leeds fan looks keen on joining their fiercest rivals

Source

• Admin

Anyway, whats happening to Larsson? I heard he's leaving Celtic, so where is he going?

Apparently Blackburn tried to sign him in the Winter, but he turned it down because of the weather in Blackburn (according to Souey). He wants to play somewhere warm , so I guess he's off to Spain.

On the Blackburn front though, I expect that we'll complete the signing of Morten Gamst Pedersen from Tromso very soon. They call him "The Norwegian David Beckham", though it remains to be seen if this is because he is good or because he cuts his hair a lot and is married to a talentless singer.

Source?

The source for the Wayne Rooney story could be The People, yesterday they reported that the deal was as good as done.

It would apparently be a £40m pound deal, with Solskjaer and Butt going to Everton, as well as maybe two more people going to Everton too (with money on top). Not sure what to make of it though. The paper claimed it was a done deal, I'm not so sure.

Rooney's good and he will get better, especially playing around better players, but at the moment it's all hype around him. He might one day be a £40m pound player, but he's not right now.