The Transfer Thread

Guest Red Devil

Looks like Man Utd are after Gabriel Heinz, Central Defender playing for PSG at the moment. Could be a good signing for us.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leicester City releases 17 players:

Andy Impey,

Frank Sinclair,

Craig Hignett,

Muzzy Izzet,

Keith Gillespie,

Les Ferdinand,

Paul Brooker,

Steffan Freund,

Callum Davidson,

Alan Rogers,

Paul Murphy,

Nicolas Priet,

Marcus Bent,

Matt Jones,

Junior Lewis,

Steve Guppy

and more I have forgot,

Matt Heath signs new contract

Matt Heath signs a new two year contract

Scimeca joins West Brom

Riccardo Scimeca joins West Brom on a free

Dickov to Birmingham/Brom/Blackburn/Pompy

Dickov looks set to join either Birmingham, West Brom, Blackburn or Portsmouth

Remaning Team:

1. Ian Walker

8. Lilian Nalis

10. James Scowcroft

11. Jordan Stewart

16. Danny Coyne

18. Matt Elliott

20. Trevor Benjamin - could be going hull

24. Lee Morris

25. Matt Heath

44. Nikos Dabizas

Weve got some work over the summer.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Anyway, whats happening to Larsson? I heard he's leaving Celtic, so where is he going?

Apparently Blackburn tried to sign him in the Winter, but he turned it down because of the weather in Blackburn (according to Souey). He wants to play somewhere warm , so I guess he's off to Spain.

Larsson has been quoted as saying that he will only sign for a club that he considers bigger than Celtic, and if no one of that standard comes in for him, he will return to Sweden. Larsson has already turned down Olympiakos, and even if he wants to move to a warmer climate, he won't be going to a mid table Spanish or Italian club. In addition Barcelona are interested in Larsson which is his preferred destination, but he is not their main target, and they will only move for him if there other targets go elsewhere.

On the Blackburn front though, I expect that we'll complete the signing of Morten Gamst Pedersen from Tromso very soon. They call him "The Norwegian David Beckham", though it remains to be seen if this is because he is good or because he cuts his hair a lot and is married to a talentless singer.

He's also recently been linked with us. :\

On the Blackburn front though, I expect that we'll complete the signing of Morten Gamst Pedersen from Tromso very soon. They call him "The Norwegian David Beckham", though it remains to be seen if this is because he is good or because he cuts his hair a lot and is married to a talentless singer.

If he is half as good as he was in my CM game, then you'll be getting a brilliant player.

It was just on Sky Sports news about Roberto Carlos joining Chelsea. Aparently Chelsea just have to confirm payment. Supposed to be around 20million pounds. Take it for what its worth.

If they did sign him what happens to Bridge?

Davids to shun Barca for England?

Dutch international Edgar Davids could be on his way to the Premiership.

Davids_FF.jpg

Edgar Davids: Premiership?

Barcelona have called a press conference this afternoon to discuss Davids' status and sporting director Aitor Begiristain is expected to say the 31-year-old midfielder has turned down a two-year extension.

Begiristain met with the player and his agent Robert Geerling this morning.

Geerling is reported by the Spanish national newspaper El Mundo to have said that a club from England had made 'a huge offer'.

'We haven't reached an agreement with Barcelona,' he added.

Barcelona wanted Davids to remain in Catalonia because he was instrumental in helping them surge up the table and finish in second place but appeared reluctant to give him the three-year deal he was seeking.

Inter Milan have been strongly linked with Davids but Geerling said to El Mundo that he has no knowledge of an offer from the Italian giants.

Source

Barcelona axe Dutch stars

Barcelona have axed their Dutch quartet of Patrick Kluivert, Marc Overmars, Phillip Cocu and Michael Reiziger.

Turkish international goalkeeper Rustu Recber has also been told he has no future at the Nou Camp.

Barcelona sporting director Txiki Begiristain is intent on reducing the club's wage bill and lowering the average age of the squad.

But the club hope to keep Holland star Edgar Davids, who spent the second half of the season on loan in Catalonia.

When asked about Kluivert and Overmars, Begiristain said: "We don't want them to stay.

"Overmars didn't play much last year and didn't contribute much to the team.

"Kluivert is always under pressure from the crowd and this is not good for any player.

_40196575_kluivertemp203.jpg

"Both Kluivert and Frank Rijkaard are in agreement with this.

"We are looking for players to cover both positions."

Of Cocu, who almost left the club last summer, Begiristain added: "He's leaving because he wants a bigger wage and bonuses.

"We have a clear philosophy on wages and we don't want to break this for any player. It wouldn't be fair on the squad.

"We have another player in mind to replace Cocu, who we are not revealing at the moment.

"He's not cheaper, but he's younger, and so he'd be better value for the future."

Davids' wage demands are apparently proving a stumbling block to a permanent deal being done to bring him to the Nou Camp from Juventus.

"We've given him an offer and we are waiting for a response," added Begiristain.

Credit: BBC.co.uk

Well, this should add a little bit more weight to the "Kluivert to the Premiership" comments. Problem is his wages, and who could actually afford them!

BIG SAM WANTS CAMARA

Sam Allardyce will make a £3m bid for Wolves striker Henri Camara, say The Sun. The Senegalese international put in a transfer request last week having claimed that he wasn't a First Division player, but it was quickly denied by Wanderers boss Dave Jones. Chief Jez Moxey said: "I think everyone should calm down. There's not been an offer for Henri and we're not interested in accepting one." 

Wolves were quick to offer Romanian striker Vio Ganea a two-year deal as interest came in from Charlton, Norwich and West Brom.

DAVIDS WANTS DOUBLE

Chelsea are more than likely the mystery English club who have made a 'big offer' for Barcelona's on-loan Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids. Barca were hoping to secure the services of Davids after an influential few months in Catalonia, but the Dutchman has now reportedly turned down an offer of £1.4m in favour of more dosh.

Chelsea will also make a sensational bid for Blues legend Gianfranco Zola. The Sun reckons that Roman Abramovich is so hard up that he will offer the 38-year-old Zola a one-year contract worth £50,000 a week.

BORO WANT WILTORD

According to The Daily Mail, Arsenal's French forward Sylvain Wiltord will join Middlesbrough on a free transfer. Past rumours have linked Wiltord with Bundesliga champions Werder Bremen, although it now appears that he could stay at Arsenal another season. 

AND THE REST

Aston Villa defender Mark Delaney could be shipped to either Middlesbrough or Newcastle for £2m...Blackburn are keen on Leicester striker Paul Dickov...Norwich City are close to signing Birmingham defender Darren Purse for £500,000...And Birmingham City striker Stern John says he would not have a problem joining Rangers.

Source

Oh, and Rooney isn't going anywhere, and nor is he crap.

Delaney better stay. -.- It'd he shame if we had to bring in another right back, or rely on Ulises all next season.

And if he goes to Middlesbrough, all they'll need is a Villa left back, to have an Ex-Villa back four. And, I doubt Newcastle need him.

Apparently Davids' agent has said that one Premiership side has made a big offer for Davids and on sky sports news they say that Spurs have offered him a 2 year contract. A great signing if it comes through.

But it won't come through....Spurs continuosly (sp?) link themselves with big players just to keep the fans happy, but they never buy anyone good.

I can't see any big name players going to Spurs until they have a manger sorted out.

BORO WANT KLUIVERT

Middlesbrough will compete with Newcastle for the signature of Patrick Kluivert, say the Daily Mirror and The Sun, with the Dutch striker set to leave Barcelona along with Marc Overmars, Phillip Cocu and Michael Reiziger and Rustu Recber in a major summer clear-out. The Magpies have long admired Kluivert, and he would be available for just £1m.

DAVIDS TO BOLTON?

Barcelona's on-loan Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids is attracting interest from Bolton and Tottenham, say various newspapers. The influential Dutchman is having second thoughts about making his move to Barca permanent and could instead decide to play in the Premiership.

DICKOV IN DEMAND

Leicester will sell striker Paul Dickov, with five clubs chasing the 31-year-old Scot. Everton, Birmingham, Blackburn, Portsmouth and West Brom have all shown an interest after he was priced at around £100,000.

WOULD YOU SIGN DENILSON?

Brazilian striker Denilson is keen on a move to the Premiership. The Real Betis star said: "I don't want to put pressure on the president and right now I have many years left on my contract. But I admit that it would be interesting to play for another team - hopefully in England."

EARNSHAW TO CHARLTON

Charlton manager Alan Curbishley has admitted that he is looking at Cardiff City's 23-year-old Welsh striker Robert Earnshaw. He said: "I've been to see Earnshaw a couple of times. The better Division One players will want to take the step up soon and he's one of them," said Curbishley."

ON HIS WAY OUT

Tottenham's 21-year-old Portuguese striker Helder Postiga will leave the club if he doesn't get regular-first team football next season. He is quoted on the BBC as saying: "If things continue as they are I can't stay at Spurs because my objective is to play regularly."

AND THE REST

Middlesbrough will test the waters for Wolves striker Henri Camara...Liverpool and Newcastle United have both made enquiries about Blackburn Rovers right-back Lucas Neill...And Celtic are close to signing Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Yildiray Basturk.

Football365 rumours

Can't see Liverpool signing Neil, although it would prevent anymore broken legs.

Edited by evertonfan