BCS Debacle?

Guest Wrestling_Man

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, I just thought about this. As we all know, USC, Oklahoma and Auburn are vying for the two national title spots. And I think a lot of us believe that USC will be one of those two. But let's just say, for the sake of saying it happened, that BOTH Oklahoma and Auburn lose tonight. If you were the BCS who would you have play USC in the national title game?

If both Oklahoma and Auburn lose, Auburn's going to the national title game.

Colorado's barely a .500 team, if they even are since I'm not up to date on Buffalo football.

Tennessee is a powerhouse.

If both teams lose, Auburn deserves #2 more than anybody else, simple as that.

OK, I just thought about this.  As we all know, USC, Oklahoma and Auburn are vying for the two national title spots.  And I think a lot of us believe that USC will be one of those two.  But let's just say, for the sake of saying it happened, that BOTH Oklahoma and Auburn lose tonight.  If you were the BCS who would you have play USC in the national title game?

After seeing both the SEC and Big XII title games.....

I have to go on a limb and say Auburn may have stolen enough votes to snag #2 from Oklahoma.

I'm not saying it's a blowout, I'm saying Auburn might have #2 by a few hundredths, or even thousandths of BCS points.

Both teams played extremely well, both teams won, but Tennessee is WAY better than Colorado and Auburn deserves some recognition for that.

The SEC is a tougher conference than the Big XII for one simple reason: 2 of 12 had nine-win seasons in the Big XII, over in the SEC there were 4 teams.

Auburn has one more first-place vote than Oklahoma in the USA Today/ESPN poll. One less in the AP poll, to be fair. So of 126 first-place votes, Oklahoma and Auburn have the exact same number.

Auburn's major wins:

Georgia by 18 (9-win team)

at Tennessee by 24 (9-win team, defeated them by 10 in the SEC title game)

LSU by 1 (9-win team)

Minor wins: Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Alabama (6-5 Bama followed by Arkansas' 5-6 are the two best teams)

Oklahoma's major wins:

Texas by 12 (in Dallas)

Minor wins: Baylor, Nebraska, Kansas and Kansas State (Nebraska's 5-6 is the best record of those 4 teams)

Over the entire season, Oklahoma had a +230 point differential.

Auburn's? +257.

Now of course there will be the "OMG OKLAHOMA PULLED THEIR STARTERS". To that I say, it really shows you how tough a schedule Oklahoma played when they're blowing out teams so bad their second-stringers play the entire second half, doesn't it?

Auburn's earned the right to have the shot, and I hope that the voters will give them the opportunity and not just hand it to Oklahoma.

Stopping Leinart and Bush is easer it to say than it is to do. USC won't exactly stomp Okalahoma, but they'll beat Oklahoma. Jason White hasn't shown me anything that exactly makes him a great Quarterback and I have a feeling he's going to end up in the NFL, but with the likes of Chris Weinke. I just don't see White making anything great out of himself in the NFL.

I just don't see him doing well against a team that's actually good. I mean, Oklahoma hasn't played that many tough opponents in the season and they haven't exactly proved themselves to be deserving of the #2 spot, whereas Auburn has played good teams and not just teams like Baylor and the like. So the stronger conference schedule goes to Auburn, and I'm not exactly sure about the non-conference ones, but Auburn should be in the title game.

At least then, we would see a great defense versus an offense that lights it up all the time. I feel that Auburn vs. USC would be a more interesting game and better for college football.

This is total bullshit. Auburn played three A-Level teams while Oklahoma played just one. I was expecting Auburn to move up to #2 with a win over Tennessee, A POWERHOUSE, but Oklahoma keeps it with a win over Colorado. Wow, Colorado. Talk about a challenge. Fuck off, AP and BCS. Hell, the entire NCAA can suck my balls. Nobody respects the SEC, despite being the #1 conference in NCAA Football.

In my book, Auburn will be the National Champs if they win the Sugar Bowl.

Oklahoma will get stomped by USC, much like LSU stomped them last year.

Auburn will beat VT. And it will leave us all wondering "What if?". I'm calling it now.

I don't think USC will beat Oklahoma. If they win that ballgame it will be close. Oklahoma has an offense that has been tough to stop all year and will put up enough points against USC that all the Sooners have to do is keep Bush or Leinhart out of the endzone to win the game.

I'll tell you why I see this being a very close game, but in the end swinging toward Oklahoma. Both Clayton and Wilson are six feet tall matched up against USC's short corners and Jason White's throwing ability, USC will have to keep their saftey's back in pass coverage. And that's when Adrian Peterson will take over the game.

Auburn will go into the Sugar Bowl with something to prove there is no doubt about it. Maybe it's just the Hokie fan in me, but I see this one being a very close and low scoring game. Both schools are in the top 10 in total defense. Both schools are in the top 10 in Passing Defense as well, so it will come down to which team can get the running game going and then if Tech's freshman receivers make the big plays when they need to.

Edited by Javs