Favorite beatles song

Guest George

Mine is a tough choice.... I'm not really a big Beatles fan myself, and about three months ago, I hated them with a passion, but after hearing some songs, I realized they aren't bad....

The first song I liked was "Helter Skelter" and became one of my favorite songs. It's just so catchy, it has a good tempo, it's almost punk-esque. A great song.

Then I heard "A day in the life", and I couldn't belive those were Beatles. The bassline in this song is amazing, and the arrangements are also amazing, making it one of my favorite Beatles songs too.

Soon after, My friends listened to "I wanna hold your hand" so much that I actually started to llke it...

I also had a little place for "Lucy in the sky with diamonds", but the verses are quite annoying, and the chorus is something I like to hear when I'm alone, because I am even embarassed to hear it with somebody else.

Then one day I was in the car of one of my friends, all of them are Beatles-lovers, but they were listening to an MP3 cd. Suddenly a song with a gorgeuos bassline came in, then came a familiar voice which I couldn't recognized, until I asked them "Is that John Lennon? Is that The Beatles?" and they just answered "Duh!". My friends tend to hate my musical tastes because I love Primus and hate(d) Beatles. So I said what song was it, and they just said "Stairway to Heaven dude", and I just said "Fuck off, which one is it?" "It's primus dude! Don't you recognized them? They will begin to rap after this part!" .... fuckers, until I hear "One thing I can tell you is you got to be free, COME TOGETHER", then I knew I heard about that song before, and it was lovely.

So in few words:

1.- Come Together (Soundgarden's Cover = AMAZING)

2a.- A day in the life

2b.- Helter Skelter

3.- I wanna hold your hand

What are yours?

EDIT:

Note: For every Beatles song I like, there's about 10 I hate... Reason why I'm not a big Beatles fan, and hate the "1" album with a passion.

Edited by George

Somewhat in this order...

1. Strawberry Fields Forever

2. A Day in the Life

3. The Abbey Road Medley (Because to The End)

4. Come Together

5. Things We Said Today

Honorable Mentions: Helter Skelter, Tell Me Why, Something, Two of Us, Across the Universe, For You Blue, Cry Baby Cry, and Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for Me and My Monkey

Helter Skelter, I Will, Something, Oh! Darling, I'm So Tired, Why Don't We Do It In The Road, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Blackbird, Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite, Her Majesty, I'm A Loser, I Want To Tell You, Blue Jay Way, What's The New Mary Jane, Cry Baby Cry, I Me Mine, Come Together, Sexy Sadie, Baby You're A Rich Man, No Reply, Piggies, The End, Rock and Roll Music, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, For No One, Magical Mystery Tour, To Know Her Is To Love Her, Rocky Raccoon, All You Need Is Love, You Never Give Me Your Money, Nowhere Man, Tomorrow Never Knows, Yesterday, Michelle, Savoy Truffle, Martha My Dear, Julia, And I Love Her, Get Back, For You Blue, Medley: Kansas City/Hey Hey Hey Hey, Strawberry Fields Forever, Hey Bulldog, Revolution, Twist and Shout, Paperback Writer, Across The Universe, I've Just A Face, Ob La Di, Ob La Da, Dear Prudence, Fool On The Hill, Polytheme Pam, Johnny B. Goode, Everybody's Got Something To Hide Cept For Me And My Monkey, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Money, Honey Pie, Honey Don't, Back In The U.S.S.R., Let It Be, Taxman, You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Yer Blues, Baby It's You, From Us To You, Mean Mr. Mustard, Hello Goodbye, Birthday, Here Comes The Sun, Carry That Weight, I Saw Her Standing There, Wild Honey Pie, Fixing A Hole, Eleanor Rigby, Hey Jude, Crying Waiting Hoping, I Want You (She's So Heavy), I'm Looking Through You, A Day In The Life, Lovely Rita, and tons more tons more

Absolute favourites I can not split:

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Baby You're A Rich Man

Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight

Here, There & Everywhere

I'm Looking Through You

Revolution 1

Cry Baby Cry

Honourable mentions to the following:

Tell Me Why

Can't Buy Me Love

Come Together

Oh! Darling

Here Comes The Sun

Mean Mr Mustard

Mr Moonlight

Honey Don't

Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

You're Gonna Lose That Girl

Yesterday

Your Mother Should Know

Hello, Goodbye

All You Need Is Love

Anna (Go To Him)

Please Please Me

Love Me Do

Baby It's You

Twist & Shout

Taxman

And Your Bird Can Sing

Doctor Robert

Drive My Car

Norweigan Wood (This Bird Has Flown)

With A Little Help From My Friends

Fixing A Hole

Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite

Lovely Rita

Birthday

Everybody's Got Something To Hide

Roll Over Beethoven

Money (That's What I Want)

Hey Bulldog

Elenor Rigby

So so many more

I like basically everything off of the Magical Mystery Tour album, this is probably the best piece of vinyl I own. I'm more partial to the Beatles later material, like Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (which has some pretty bad ass guitar work in it), Octopus's Garden, Back in the USSR, and others.

i love this thread

george.. i hope this is giving you ideas for song to listen to.. look at mine and UPs long list, and check em out.. UP put some songs on there that i hate myself for not having on mine.. and Matzat is so right with I Got A Feeling

i love this thread

george.. i hope this is giving you ideas for song to listen to.. look at mine and UPs long list, and check em out.. UP put some songs on there that i hate myself for not having on mine.. and Matzat is so right with I Got A Feeling