Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch was a waste of cash. I said it at the time, he's not good enough for Liverpool. He's a mid table player. Rafa makes some odd signings sometimes. Plus we shoudl ahve signed Upson

Crouch was a waste of cash. I said it at the time, he's not good enough for Liverpool. He's a mid table player. Rafa makes some odd signings sometimes. Plus we shoudl ahve signed Upson

At the start of the season Crouch was our best player (alongside Gerrard). Nearly all of our attacks revolved around him holding up the ball, and linking up with everyone around him. It's the reason why fans didn't start getting on his back when he didn't score, because he was doing so much more for the team. Like the rest of our players though he's tired (and looks it), he needs a decent rest.

The sad thing is that if Cisse doesn't perform in the right wing position he was playing in, Benitez isn't likely to keep him on. On Five Live, he basically said Cisse had his chance, and if he couldn't take it, he'd probably be leaving.

At the start of the season Crouch was our best player (alongside Gerrard). Nearly all of our attacks revolved around him holding up the ball, and linking up with everyone around him. It's the reason why fans didn't start getting on his back when he didn't score, because he was doing so much more for the team. Like the rest of our players though he's tired (and looks it), he needs a decent rest.

The sad thing is that if Cisse doesn't perform in the right wing position he was playing in, Benitez isn't likely to keep him on. On Five Live, he basically said Cisse had his chance, and if he couldn't take it, he'd probably be leaving.

Personally, I've seen him play better on the right than I have in attack. He's got the pace to beat defenders, and his crosses are usually quite good (which is much more than can be said for his finishing). He's had plenty of opportunities in attack and has failed to deliver, and was never worth £14 million. Another typical example of Houllier playing way to much for an untried & untested player.

I think Andy Gray summed it up during the Utd/Liverpool game, if Liverpool had Van Nistelrooy and Rooney then the title race would be very interesting.