The Big Fight Thread

Timmoru Suzuki

Its two days away from the Klitchsko vs. Williams big fight! And thought I'd make a thread about it.

I know Klitschko is the favourite, but I really think Williams can pull this one out and win. This is also a great time for Williams to claim a hold over a weak Heavyweight division.

So, discuss and talk about the fight, just two days away!

Plus, I was also wondering if anyone over here (UK) was ordering the event on Sky Box office?

Sky are promising 8 (count 'em - 8) hours of boxing. They are also showing Ricky Hatton vs. Wayne Oliveira (Sky are promoting the two as a 'Brit Power' double bill), and are showing other fights, including a WBO Light Welterweight fight, a British Banthamweight title match and an English Heavyweight title fight, and other fights too. All this for £14.95

I'm in two minds over wether to order the PPV event or not. I doubt I'd stay up all night, so I may order a replay. Is anyone else ordering on Sky Box Office?

As I said, I hope Williams can pull this out. Discuss.

I think this fight will go awhile because it seems Danny Williams can take a punch but I just don't see him mounting much of an offensive against Klitschko at all.

In bigger fight news, the two men that knocked out Roy Jones Jr., Glencove Johnson and Antonio Tarver, will fight.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Hes weighed in at about 19 stone, thats heavier than Lewis ever was, being heavy will work against people like Tyson who shoot their load before the bells rung but I dunno if it'll work here, he's got his tactics though, I'd love to see him win, since Klitschko is a bitch, if Williams loses I'll be happy to spark that Ukrainian slutbag round the side of head (after which I'd jump the ropes and run).

In a nutshell, Klitschko reminds me of Ivan Drago, these good damn eastern europeans, so as a result I want him to get dicked, and just like Summers, I enjoy picking the underdog.

The heavyweight division is screwed right now and that's why were getting Williams in a fight with Klitschko. Only reason Williams is fighting Klitschko is because he knocked out Tyson and Tyson couldn't move well in the last bout. Unless you want to see Williams getting KO'ed in the 2:14 mark of the fourth, then don't bother paying the money.

;)

I think Danny Williams has a good chance if he can hold Klitschko in the first 5 rounds he will be favourite IMO. Williams needs to not go attacking, just lay back and block Klitschko's jabs and right hooks. Klitschko will enetually get weak and more tired and then Danny boy can let it rip.

RIW'sPrediction: Danny Williams 7th round KO

Klitschko will KO Williams early. Vitali hung in there with Lennox Lewis, and aside from being a black dude with an accent, Williams has absolutely nothing in common with Lewis. This fight will only be worth the money if somebody gets a nasty cut, or it's a devastating blow that leads to the KO.

Although I think Klitschko will win, I think it might be a closer fight than many people think (and also a better one). Neither guy could even think about hanging with guys like Lewis, Tyson, Bruno etc. in their prime. I've seen Williams a few times and he has definately improved since he lost to Sprott. I've never been overly impressed with Klitschko, sure he stayed with Lewis for a while but I still got the feeling Lewis would win.

Still, I'm saying Klitschko in 9 because he is simply the better fighter. Although stranger things have happened than Williams winning.

Having said that, I'm looking forward more to Hatton/Olivera anyway.

In the words of Excalibur always pick the black guy to win a fight unless the white guy is either Russian or Ukrainian. I guess that means Klitschko will win but I'm really hoping that Williams shocks the world.

If Williams wins then his first title defence will probably be against Tyson. They have a rematch pencilled in for April.

I thought everyone and their mother were under the impression that if the fight wasn't stopped Klitschko was on his way to upsetting Lewis. Vitali was ahead on the scorecard by 2 points, he was also landing some killer shots, moreso than Lennox, and it looked like Lewis was on his way to a meltdown. Even by Lennox's post fight comments you could tell that Lewis himself knew that Vitali was getting the better of him, of course Lewis went on to say if the fight would have continued he would have come back and won. But I still think if the fight wasn't stopped the outcome would most likely be Klitschko on the winning end. That is how I judged it, but unfortunately we'll never know if Vitali could have pulled out the upset. I think believe that was the way the bout was heading, but once again, we'll never know.

EDIT: Maybe saying Lewis was heading for a meltdown is a little much, but if Vitali would have kept up the way he was fighting, he would have at least got the decision.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

It looks like the winner of this fight is penciled to fight former champion Hasim Rahnman according to Fight News. Rahnman will be at the fight. I say that Vitali wins in 5 rounds.

I am more interested in the undercard, with Miguel Cotto(who seems to be HBO's new golden boy) defending the WBO 140 pound title aganist former champion Randall Bailey. The winner is almost guaranteed an unification match with Ricky Hatton next year, which makes the Hatton-Olivieras fight interesting as well. Kostza Tzyu is also among the ones interested in the results from this fight for future unification bouts.