C2K: From Rookie to Legend

Chris2K

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game's very much dependant on whether you like it or not. The almost certain best thing to do is play the demo. If you like it, you'll want to buy it (I think it's about £12), and if you don't like it, don't even think about buying it.

Wednesday, Week 1, July 2005

After my ROF match I was soon flying back over to Japan for my next show for WLW. Either they thought I was a good worker that brought something to the company, or I was just a cheap alternative to having someone who could wrestle on the card. Regardless, they were still using me, as the card for the next show proves:

WLW Lashing Out

Insane Machine vs. Masked Cougar

Namiyo Muro vs. Mitsuko Ieyasu

Eiichi Umehara vs. Hachigoro Maeda

C2K vs. Fox Mask

Billy Russell vs. Silver Shark

Koki Ishibashi vs. Burning Takashita

Koki Ishibashi Interview

Fox Mask Interview

Awesome Thunder vs. Emerald Angel

---------------------------

My Opponent

Fox Mask is a young high flier who has a lot of potential. He is known for being very Japanese-influenced, from his moves to his costume and mask.

Backstage

Four people gave me psychology advice, two people gave me mic skills advice...

The Match

Fox starts off with a double leg trip, but C2K manages to avoid an attempted Front Facelock. C2K retaliates with an Atomic Drop, followed up with an Elbow Drop, but Fox is able to move out of the way before an attempted Stomp can connect. An Open Handed Slap from Fox hits, but C2K avoids a forearm blow, and hits a bodyslam to put Fox down. C2K picks Fox up and hits a backbreaker, and follows that up by choking Fox whilst he's on the mat, a move that does not best please the referee, and he warns C2K as a result.

C2K goes to pick Fox up, but Fox fights back and hits a drop toe hold, followed up by a headbutt. A Forearm blow misses, and C2K hits back with the Armenian Apple Crush, which gets a two count. C2K then hits a DDT, which also gets two. C2K starts to show some development in his moveset, and hits a springboard back elbow, and follows that up by missing a Gorilla Press. Fox hits a snap driving elbow, but misses a basement dropkick, which allows C2K to come back once more with a backbreaker, but he misses an attempted Piledriver.

Fox goes for his higher risk moves with a springboard side spinning kick, but C2K moves out of the way, and C2K hits an Enziguri in response. C2K hits a legdrop, before picking Fox up, and hitting the Arm Death. The crowd get ready for the C2KO, but Fox drops down and hits a slap, followed by a DDT. Fox then hits a series of knee lifts, but C2K is able to move out of the way of another attempted basement dropkick. C2K picks Fox up and hits the Arm Death again, and this time the C2KO hits. C2K makes the cover, and gets the win.

C2K def. Fox Mask by Pinfall

Time: 10 Minutes

Grade: C+

Opinion: Considering both these guys are potential stars for the future, I'm surprised C2K was allowed so much offense throughout. What we saw of Fox Mask was impressive, but I guess the Sports Entertainment style that C2K has is what WLW are looking for, so he gets the push.

WLW Lashing Out

Insane Machine def. Masked Cougar

Mitsuko Ieyasu def. Namiyo Muro

Eiichi Umehara def. Hachigoro Maeda

C2K def. Fox Mask

Silver Shark def. Billy Russell

Burning Takashita def. Koki Ishibashi

Koki Ishibashi Interview

Fox Mask Interview

Emerald Angel def. Awesome Thunder

1 New Message

My Microphone skills gained a point.

And I was up to 5 overness in Japan!

Feedback is a beautiful thing ;).

You want feedback, you'll get it ;). Really good diary, I like how you write the matches. As other people said, you could get a bit more specific about the backstage conversations, but other than that, great job :).

Edited by KCC

• 10 months later...