2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Guest Bluesman

They are. It was a close game up until 4 minutes or so to play, and they completely self-destructed. I don't know that I've ever seen anything like it, it was almost like a high school team was on the court. On top of that, they did it to a fucking expansion team. Right now I see no reason to hang on to anyone on that team other than Garnett, and maybe Madsen.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cavs looked really good against the Knicks today the usual people scored and rebounded and when they were up by 30 in the secound qtr the bench went in and kept it going. I hope they can keep it going on the west coast. This also showed everyone Anderson Varejo, I know the people in Cleveland know he will go for every ball now he showed that to everyone on a national game for a unkown rookie he is doing quite well when he is on the floor.

New Jersey Nets star Richard Jefferson plans to have surgery on his injured left wrist and is expected to miss the rest of the season, ESPN.com learned Tuesday.

The surgery will happen in the next two weeks, and Jefferson faces a four-month rehabilitation process, meaning he will be out until at least late May.

Jefferson was injured Dec. 27 vs. the Detroit Pistons when Chauncey Billups was called for a flagrant foul for a midair shove on Jefferson in the second quarter. Jefferson landed hard on his side and stayed down for several moments, but stayed in. An MRI exam showed a ruptured ligament in his wrist.

Jefferson has been playing hurt ever since, and "If it were up to [Jefferson], he'd probably still play," Nets general manager Rod Thorn said in a conference call with reporters.

Jefferson, who was the Eastern Conference player of the week Dec. 13, leads New Jersey in scoring with 22.2 points per game.

Damn! Jefferson is out for the rest of the season? Man that does blow! He was the one who carried the Nets while Kidd was either struggling from the line in his first games back from injury or was still in the IR. I hope that Carter and Kidd can send the Nets towards a playoffs spot though. Cause it would be disappointing to see NJ not in the playoffs when they are showing a slight progress after they made a bad move in sending Kenyon and Kittles away.

Speaking of Rodman, whats going on with him? I thought he was going to try and join an NBA team.

Anyone know which 2 picks the Raptors got in the Carter trade?

Here are the picks that Toronto got, read carefully because they are screwy...

Here's the easy one first:

Toronto receives a 2006 Denver Nuggets first round pick that New Jersey got from the Kenyon Martin trade in the offseason

Now the complicated one:

Toronto receives a 2005 Philadelphia 76ers first round pick [lottery protected until after the 8th pick in 2005, the 5th pick in 2006, and there is no protection in 2007] This comes from the pick that Denver received from Philadelphia in the James Posey trade in 2000-2001. Philadelphia may be subject to monetary compensation from either Denver or New Jersey if said pick falls in the Top 2 in 2007 (if it gets that far).

as the record states, they might be the worst team today, but hey it doesnt mean they are the easiest team to beat. I guess the Knicks learned that lesson yesterday....though it was kinda hard in the eyes to see a good Knicks team losing to the worst record in the NBA.

If the knicks wanna get a playoff spot, they better find a way to play without Thomas, Sweetnew and Crawford for a while. Atleast they still have Marburry and Houston healthy so it aint all bad.

Nice to see New Orleans finally getting atleast a win a week. Now lets just hope they wont get the worst record in NBA history once this season closes. Sure, its impossible now for them to get a playoff spot(especially when you see what division they are on) but atleast they are improving.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Tim Legler said Voshon Lenard would be back after the All-Star break! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! i forst thought he would be out the entire season.

I still expect Andre Miller to get traded, perhaps him & something for Baron Davis, if he still wants a trade.

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Nervously shuffling his feet, Grant Hill raised his hand to acknowledge the cheers he didn't expect.

Nearly five years after he left, Hill was welcomed back to The Palace with a standing ovation -- and then the Detroit Pistons kept their fans cheering.

Richard Hamilton scored 26 points, and the Pistons held on to beat the Orlando Magic 101-94 Friday night in Hill's first game at his previous NBA home.

"I wasn't sure I would ever get back here to play," said Hill, who barely played in his first four seasons with the Magic because of injuries. "I was more nervous than I have been in 30-odd games this season.

Credit to espn.com

I'm happy that the Detroit fans gave Grant Hill a warm reception upon his return to the city. Hill is really a class act and I am sincerely happy that he is back to his old form this season. I admit I was dissapointed in his initial departure from Detroit, but his departure gave us Ben Wallace and Chucky Atkins, which translated into an NBA Championship for Detroit (Chucky was part of the deal that brought the second Wallace to Detroit). People outside of Detroit may not know this, but Hill left a very nice article in local papers before his departure. Basically it stated that he was happy to be a part of the Pistons, thanked us fans for our love and support, and wished us luck in the future. I really appreciated the fact that he thought enough of this city to do such a thing.

I want to say thank you to Grant Hill for everything he did for the Detroit Pistons organization, and I wish him a long and prosperous career (as long as it doesn't come at the Pistons expense :shifty: ).

Now with that out of the way, I'm glad to see the Pistons are starting to regain some of that championship luster. January is a hot month for the Pistons in recent years, and it's showing thus far. Antonio McDyess is looking to have been an excellent off-season acquisition. I love his hustle for loose balls and rebounds, and his ability to score off of the bench. I'm hoping that Carlos Delfino can return soon and help make our bench even more potent. As a side note, I'm excited for Mondays game against the Phoenix Suns. I think a win against Phoenix could remind the NBA that the Pistons are a force to be reckoned with.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I do hope the Pistons will continue their winning stride as of late. Man, during the first months of the season, I wondered what the hell happen to them. Recently, their showing why they are the defending champs of the NBA.

They will be in the playoffs for sure, but the pistons might experience a harder playoff run than they had last year if they would encounter Orlando or Miami early like say, the first round or the semis?

Now that Kobe is on the IL, Odom and the others should really step up like what they did in their win against the Cavs.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Nuggets vs. T'Wolves is a bonafide fued now, with the slugfest between Nene & Kandi last night, even in the firts meeting there was tension, and especially last year in the playoffs.

Suns starting point guard is now Leonardhiro Barabosa. [sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to me...]

Bulls are hot again.

Grant Hill is actually playing near the All Star Break.

The Mavericks are relying on a sophomore for most of their defense.

Rumors of a lockout next year?

Summary: What the hell is wrong with the NBA?