2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

Vince Carter is a punk. He's acting as if Bruce Bowen came down on him intentionally. What a freakin' crybaby. He may have gotten his 43, but the Spurs got the W.

And as for the Pistons, they really haven't surprised me this season. I don't think anyone in the East can stop the Heat this year. Heck, if the Cavaliers keep it up, they could be contenders too.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just LOVE to watch Iverson play. He's reminding me once again why he is my favourite player.

That block in the final shot of the quarter was superb.

EDIT: here's hoping for iverson's career high. *crosses fingers*

EDIT2: How many did he score? 60!!!!! Gotta :wub: the answer.

Edited by Malenko

I don't underestimate the Pistons.I just know they're playing well below what they should, whats expected of them.And Houston, looked like they were going to suck at the start of the year, up until round about the time when T-Mac exploded on the Spurs.I hate the Spurs, and even hate T-Mac, I just give teams the respect they deserve, and right now, the Pistons (who have stepped up in the past week or so) aren't commanding the respect they have done, although they are getting there.Tayshaun has though, I love Prince, he's been playing fantastically.

And Sacremento is the most underrated team right now, including the backcourt of Bibby and Mobley, not the Pistons.They lost Peja and C-Webb together and they still held strong, where's the All-Star nod for C-Webb?As much as I love Ginobili, and Rashard Lewis, C-Webb (and even to some extenet, Brad Miller) got robbed.Same could be said for Bibby, he's avg. round about 30 a game since before Wbber and Peja were gone.

Same goes for Franchise, why the fuck does the East need 4 guys that play center?(Z, Jermaine, Shaq, B. Wallace)

Allen Iverson is the man. no matter what is numbers will be in the end of the game he's doing another hell of a game. And his numbers with 4:30 minutes to go in the first half are 23 points and 5 assists, and a couple steals (maybe more).

EDIT: Half Time, Iverson has 31 points, 6 assists and a couple steals. This would be a good performance in the end of the game. This guy is f'n' amazing.

Edited by Malenko

Being a Sixers fan I have been very happy with verson has of late. Now rumors are coming from Steven A. Smith that he wants to be traded to a contender. Well I am pist right now, but I hope he knows we're going to only trade him for something good, and not just trade him cause he wants too. We trade a superstar we deserve a superstar in return. I doubt this might be true though because it isn't the first time this has come out.

Being a Sixers fan I have been very happy with verson has of late. Now rumors are coming from Steven A. Smith that he wants to be traded to a contender. Well I am pist right now, but I hope he knows we're going to only trade him for something good, and not just trade him cause he wants too. We trade a superstar we deserve a superstar in return. I doubt this might be true though because it isn't the first time this has come out.

Guest Bluesman

It came out this morning.

I highly doubt you get a superstar. He wants to be dealt to a contendor, limiting the amount of teams to trade with, and the players to be dealt. It's counterproductive to do a trade that depletes the team AI is traded to because of all the talent given up.

From what i've read, Iverson isn't happy with a coach, as he wasn't last season. Couldn't this be the media just building up news where there aren't any?

The sixers are Allen Iverson. Any time there was another good individual player the sixers weren't the same. All this team needs is hard working guys who know how to work with iverson. All they need is to place themselves offensively well, and he'll create scoring chances for him and for others (yes, now he does the second too, he even assisted the last 2 points of the last win when a few years back he would try to score to win). Remember the sixers didn't have a great team either when the sixers reached the NBA finals for the last time.

The only downside of AI, at least how i see him, is the fact that he's ver injury prone. Even when he's playing we never know if he's 100% phisically, as its often proven by him getting injured again, and missing the next couple of games.

All this to say i really hope Iverson doesn't get traded, cause if he does, i have no idea what will happen, but i don't expect much improvement. :(

Just saw the last post. I actually think iverson would work pretty well with Garnett, but if that ever happens i hope it would be the other wayaround. :P

(i don't think it will happen though)

From what i've read, Iverson isn't happy with a coach, as he wasn't last season. Couldn't this be the media just building up news where there aren't any?

The sixers are Allen Iverson. Any time there was another good individual player the sixers weren't the same. All this team needs is hard working guys who know how to work with iverson. All they need is to place themselves offensively well, and he'll create scoring chances for him and for others (yes, now he does the second too, he even assisted the last 2 points of the last win when a few years back he would try to score to win). Remember the sixers didn't have a great team either when the sixers reached the NBA finals for the last time.

The only downside of AI, at least how i see him, is the fact that he's ver injury prone. Even when he's playing we never know if he's 100% phisically, as its often proven by him getting injured again, and missing the next couple of games.

All this to say i really hope Iverson doesn't get traded, cause if he does, i have no idea what will happen, but i don't expect much improvement.  :(

Just saw the last post. I actually think iverson would work pretty well with Garnett, but if that ever happens i hope it would be the other wayaround. :P

(i don't think it will happen though)

It appears that the Pistons championship swagger is finally returning. Their last wins have all been by wide margins, and we even saw Darko Milicic post a career high in points in back to back games. They are begining to "play the right away", and look to be in top form heading into the all-star break. I'm wishing and hoping that Carlos Delfino can return soon. It'll be interesting to see Delfino paired up with Carlos Arroyo in the backcourt together. No doubt about it though, Delfino should provide alot more depth when/if he returns.