NWA-TNA: Flashback

St. Dubb

NWA-TNA Week 8

Card for NWA-Total Nonstop Action

August 7th, 2002

First Week on the Job

Scott Hall & Malice vs. Jeff Jarrett & Ken Shamrock

If you think there's something fishy going on with this match, you're not the only one. Last week "The Franchise" Shane Douglas showed up as the representative of the NWA Championship Committee who will be acting as their voice on Total Nonstop Action. And what an announcement he made as his first act, making the NWA Title match between the four men involved in this match. These four guys hate each other, and putting them on sides will most likely prove to be an explosive situation. Both of these teams are doomed before they even team up. Which should make the match that much more interesting.

NWA X-Division Championship Match

Low-Ki © vs. Prince Siaki (w/The Island Boys)

After missing last week's show due to have commitments in Japan, Low-Ki returns to action to defend his X-Division title against the man who has been pestering the champion for a title shot the past several weeks, Prince Siaki. Low-Ki has proven to be a force in the X-Division, taking on all challengers, but with the Island Boys present at ringside, can Siaki be the one to take the title off of Low-Ki and bring the gold back to his home of Samoa?

NWA Tag Team Championship Match

The New Church (w/Rev. Mitchell) vs. York & Matthews (w/Alicia)

York & Matthews have proven that they are very good tag team, but there has been one team that they just have been unable to get past, and that is the team of the NWA Tag Team Champions, Brian Lee and Slash of the New Church. But after defeating the Island Boys last week, they have put themselves in line for this title shot. Let us not forget the heinous act that was committed against York & Matthew's good friend Shannon Moore two weeks back. Can it be what goes around comes around for York & Matthews? Or will the New Church continue their dominance of the tag team division?

AJ Styles vs. Devon Storm

For the past two weeks, AJ Styles had been forced to team with Elix Skipper as they both tried to get the attention of the Championship Committee as each want an eventual shot at the X-Division title. They had success in both their matches, though the more honorable AJ Styles has had problems with Elix Skipper's methods of winning. Styles can take a breath of fresh air this week as he gets a one-on-one X-Division match against Devon Storm, who is making his first appearance since the Gauntlet for the Gold.

Brian Lawler & BG James vs. The West Hollywood Blondes

Last week Brian Lawler found himself on the bad side of a Steve Corino and David Cash double team, but thanks to the back up provided by BG James, Lawler was able to even up the sides. This week Lawler and James will want to try and send a message to Corino & Cash as they show their chemistry against the West Hollywood Blondes. Both James and Lawler are experienced tag wrestlers, but how familiar will they be with each other in the ring? Perhaps this will be the week that sees the West Hollywood Blondes pick up their first TNA victory.

Edited by J-Dubb

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Hall & Malice vs. Jeff Jarrett & Ken Shamrock

By cheating, over Hall. That gives Jarrett more claim to the World title.

NWA X-Division Championship Match

Low-Ki © vs. Prince Siaki (w/The Island Boys)

Siaki has NEVER fit in the X Division. Unless you want it to be more of a midcard title rather than a specialty title, then go ahead and give it to Siaki. But otherwise, Ki should kick his ass.

Why? No reason. I just really wouldn't think changing the titles this soon would be good for them.

As much as I like Crowbar, AJ is a better representative for the X title. And besides that, AJ has stuff he could go into with Jarrett and Awesome. Having him lose to Devon Storm would make him look somewhat weak after that.

For one, it's the West Hollywood Blondes. And two, Lawler is in a feud. Why make him look bad by losing to WHB?

NWA-TNA Report 8.7.02

Live from Nashville, TN

Highlights from Last Week: Clips from Jeff Jarrett's promo following a post-match beatdown of Konnan, York & Matthes beating the Island Boys to get a shot at the Tag Team Titles, the confrontation and then brawl between K-Krush and Jerry Lynn, BG James making his TNA debut to save Brian Lawler from a beatdown by Steve Corino and David Cash, Malice defeating Ken Shamrock, the post-match brawl between Malice, Shamrock, Jarrett and NWA Champion Scott Hall, and finally the arrival of "The Franchise" Shane Douglas as the NWA Championship Committee representative to announce the four way match for the NWA Heavyweight Title.

From the highlights, the usual TNA opening montage began before cutting to the Nashvillve crowd and panning around the crowd until we come in on the announce both with Mike Tenay and Don West sitting at ringside. The camera zooms in on our hosts.

Mike Tenay: This is TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION! And welcome to another week of the best weekly wrestling you can see! Thanks for tuning in, and as a reward we have a great show for you tonight!

Don West: You couldn't BE MORE RIGHT, Mike! "The Franchise" Shane Douglas came to TNA last week to lay down the law for the NWA Championship Committee! And BOY DID HE EVER!

Mike Tenay: He sure did; he announced that next week we witness the biggest match we've seen so far in TNA...a fourway match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship - Scott Hall defending against not just Jeff Jarrett, not just Ken Shamrock, and not just Malice...but ALL THREE!

Don West: And how about TONIGHT! When ALL FOUR are FORCED to be in tag teams in tonight's main event!

Mike Tenay: It's trouble just waiting to happen. Scott Hall and Malice on one team...and Jeff Jarrett and Ken Shamrock on the other...how can anyone expect either of these teams to get along long enough to win?

Don West: But it should be EXCITING to watch!

Mike Tenay: And speaking of exciting, Don, tonight Low-Ki returns to TNA action after a week off in Japan to defend the X-Division title against Prince Siaki! Prince Siaki will either finally win some gold, or he will once again have his foot in his mouth as a result of Low-Ki.

Don West: But with the Island Boys at ringside with Prince Siaki, you HAVE to like his odds, Mike!

Mike Tenay: Hopefully the referee will be able to keep order. The X-Division Title isn't the only one on the line tonight, as we start tonight off with The New Church defending the NWA Tag Team Titles against the young team of York & Matthews!

York & Matthews continue to work their magic in this one as they once again put on another good match. Can these guys do any wrong? Fans still have issues with getting into the show at the start, which has been a reoccuring problem for TNA...but the effort is there. The people getting the most reaction from the fans were their respective managers, Mitchell getting the heat and Alicia the male crowd reaction. Anyway, York started things off against the much larger Brian Lee. York used his speed to get the upperhand Lee and got him into their corner where York and Matthews took turns tagging in and out to light up Lee's chest with knife-edge chops. After doing the damage in the corner, York and Matthews pulled Lee from the corner, sent him into the ropes, and connected with a double dropkick to Lee. Lee hit the mat and looked back up at York & Matthews, shocked that they had been able to get such a strong start. Mitchell was outraged at ringside as he started pounding furiously on the mat. Slash got the tag in and went for a clothesline to Matthews, but Matthews ducked it and took Slash down with an reverse bulldog. A quick pin resulted in a two count.

The tide began to turn after Matthews placed Slash on the top turnbuckle, going for a super rana. Mitchell snuck over and held onto Slash as Matthews went for it, causing Slash to stay in place as Matthews fell to the mat. Slash stood up on the second turnbuckle as Matthews stumbled back up to his feet. Slash came off the middle turnbuckle with a bulldog to Matthews. Slash went and tagged in Brian Lee. Lee came in and began the face-in-peril portion of the match. Lee used his generic big man offense to work over Matthews and keep him completely grounded. Lee placed Matthews across the middle rope and began choking him violently until referee Scott Armstrong broke it up. With Matthews still lying throat first across the middle rope, Slash came running across the apron and dropped a legdrop down across the back of Matthews' head. Matthews fell back into the ring as Lee drove his knee down into Matthews' throat with a choke/pin attempt - One, Two, Matthews lifted his shoulder up.

Slash was back in and continued where Lee left off. Matthews tried to pull himself up, but Slash sent him into the ropes and took him right back down with a back elbow. Slash hit Matthes with an elbowdrop and made a cover - One, Two, kickout. However, Matthews would get the opportunity to try and make the tag after blocking a backdrop attempt by Slash and hitting him with a hangman's neckbreaker that left both men down. Slash, however, made it to his corner first to tag in Lee. Lee came in and bounced off the ropes, cutting Matthews off just as he was getting up to make the tag with a big boot. Lee went for the pin - One, Two, York broke it up. York left the ring before Lee could get back at him. Lee turned his attention back to the recovering Matthews, and slammed a right hand down into Matthews' head to send him back to the mat once again. Lee eventually lifted Matthews up across his right shoulder and walked to the New Church corner where Slash lifted his boot up onto the ropes as Lee dropped Matthews down across Slash's boot. Matthews stumbled backwards and fell to the mat as Lee tagged Slash in. Slash climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off the top with a splash onto Matthews. One, Two, Thre...York broke it up once again.

Matthews pulled together what energy he could find and tried to crawl his way to the corner, but Slash stopped him with an elbowdrop to the back. Slash pulled Matthews back to the New Church corner where he tagged Lee back in. Slash held Matthews as Lee hit a vicious chop right to Matthews' throat. Matthews hit the mat as Lee continued to attack. After sidewalk slam, Lee hooked a leg for another two count. Mitchell told him to end it, so Lee pulled Matthews up and grabbed him by the throat for the Chokeslam. However, Matthews blocked it. Lee tried it again, but Matthews blocked it again - this time adding a kick right to Lee's groin. Referee Armstrong tried to interject, but Matthews grabbed Lee by the head, used the ropes to springboard and hit Lee with a Tornado DDT. Both men were down once again, and this time Matthews was able to make the crawl over and tag in York.

York came in and immediately hit Lee as he was getting up with a sitdown jawbreaker. Slash entered the ring and ran for York, but York took him to the mat with a spinkick. Matthews was back up to his feet as Lee was getting back up as well. York & Matthews grabbed Lee and sent him into the ropes. Off the ropes, York & Matthews nailed Lee with a double superkick. Lee hit the mat as Slash recovered and took out York from behind. Slash grabbed York and sent him over the top rope to the floor. Matthews tried to fight Slash off, but Slash gave him a knee to the midsection to double Matthews over. At ringside, Alicia was helping York back to his feet while Slash hit the Slash & Burn to Matthews. Slash saw York recovering and quickly left the ring to keep him down. Slash moved in to York, but York grabbed him as he was coming in and sent him into the ringsteps. Meanwhile, Lee had recovered and lifted the illegal Matthews up to his feet. [He grabbed Matthews by the throat once again, but as he noticed York climbing to the top turnbuckle he shoved Matthews aside. Just as Lee shoved Matthews away, York came off the top rope with a flying crossbody onto Lee! They hit the mat with York on top! One, Two, Three! ***¼ - York & Matthews have definitely wrestled enough good matches to deserve a big win, but it may have been too early to put the belts on them. In any event, it was a good match which has been a standard thing when York & Matthews have been involved.

Winners and NEW Tag Team Champions - York & Matthews

Overall: 70

Crowd: 55

Match: 85

York quickly rolled out of the ring, pulling Matthews out with them. At ringside Scott Armstrong brought them the tag titles and raised their arms up in victory as they celebrated with Alicia. Back in the ring, Reverend Mitchell had climbed in and was getting right in the faces of Slash and Lee about the loss.

Mike Tenay: The New Church suffer a HUGE blow tonight! What a way to kick of this week's show! NEW TAG CHAMPS!

Don West: I didn't see that one coming! I thought The New Church had this one in the bag! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!

Mike Tenay: I've never seen Reverend Mitchell that upset...that may prove trouble later on tonight in our main event with Malice involved. And speaking of the main event, let's send it back to Goldylocks who is with one of the competitors in tonight's main event.

Teaming With a Mad Man

The screen did indeed cut back to Goldylocks who was standing by with Jeff Jarrett and Mike Awesome, neither looked very happy.

Goldylocks: Jeff Jarrett, next week you will have a chance to go for the NWA World Heavyweight Title, but tonight you are teaming up with one of your opponents from next week, Ken Shamrock...your thoughts?

Jeff Jarrett: Well thank you blonde bimbo, as if I didn't already know all that. And what do you think my thoughts are? I am teaming up with a freakin' lunatic tonight! How would you feel if you were teaming up with someone who belongs in an asylum, not a wrestling ring. In case you have forgotten, I AM THE CHOSEN ONE, and this is NOT how I should be treated! And you know who brought this one? That damn Shane Douglas. Who does he think is coming in here like he owns the place!

Goldylocks: Well, technically it's the Championship Committee who makes the decisions...

Jeff Jarrett: Yeah...right! They were stupid enough to give Shane Douglas an ounce of power and he's going to take advantage of it every way he can. I've known Shane for a long time, and that's the way he is. He's power hungry and loves every minute he has it. Don't think for one minute that this freakshow of a main event wasn't HIS idea. He's almost as nuts as Ken Shamrock...I mean what kind of person would enjoy watching the mess that this match is going to be. Everybody knows I don't need a tag partner, so maybe we can just keep Shamrock in the back in a straight jacket and let me go out there alone...or let Mike Awesome here replace him.

Goldylocks: Tonight's main event aside, what do you feel about your chances going into the four way match for the NWA Title?

Jeff Jarrett: What are you deaf? I said I'm the CHOSEN ONE, it is 99.9% likely that I will be walking out next week the NEW NWA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! I don't see the point of even bringing the other two into the equation. After all, I am the one that beat the current champion, grease monkey Scott Hall one, two, three right in the center of the ring - no questions asked. I should be getting a one on one shot at the title, not having the other two maniacs screwing up my opportunity. This is just another example of Shane Douglas abusing his newfound power...

Just as Jeff Jarrett finished that last sentence, none other than the man of the hour - "The Franchise" Shane Douglas walked into the shot with a big sadistic grin on his face as he laughed. He brought Goldylocks' microphone over to him.

Shane Douglas: Ha! Ha! Ha! Power hungry am I, Jeff? What can I say...I'm just the messenger! Ha! Ha! And I for one am going to be sitting back in my suite provided by the NWA Championship Committee with a couple of ladies provided by them as well as I sip on some of the fine champagne..also provided by the powers that be...and watch you four completely destroy each other! Hahaha!

Jeff Jarrett: What is this? Your way of dealing with your career being washed up and forced to sit back and watch us real wrestlers go at it?

Shane Douglas: Jeff, consider yourself lucky that I got this arm in a sling, because I'm not past whoopin' your ass.

Shane Douglas turned his attention from Jeff Jarrett to Mike Awesome who had been standing behind Jeff Jarrett, keeping rather quiet as usual.

Shane Douglas: What's wrong Mike, cat got your tongue? Or does Jeff just not let you speak your mind? Well, I tell ya what Mike, I'm sure you two remember a little action you both took last week when you jumped Konnan after his match just because he answered Scott Hall's challenge the previous week...well Awesome, another challenge has been issued and this time YOU will get to be the lucky one to answer. Since I didn't want to leave you with nothing to do as Jeff goes for the title...I got a match approved with the Committee....Mike Awesome you will be taking on Konnan next week! Hahaha! Have fun you two!

Shane Douglas walked off screen as Jarrett and Awesome looked even more peeved than they did before the interview started as they stared Douglas down. The screen cut back to the ring.

(76%)

Mike Tenay: How about that? We already have the title match, now we can add Konnan versus Mike Awesome to the card as well!

Don West: I'm realling liking Shane Douglas here, Mike! It's good to see someone stand up to the likes of Jeff Jarrett.

Mike Tenay: Can't argue with you there, Don. Next up we have ourselves some X-Division action as the rising superstar AJ Styles takes on former WCW Tag Team and Hardcore Champion - Devon Storm!

The crowd had gotten hotter since the opener as both men got decent reactions from the fans before settling to a bit of a lull during the match, popping for the high spots, which met the crowd's expectations. Styles eventually sent Storm to the outside with a head scissors over the top rope that left Styles on the apron. Styles leaped out with an Asai Moonsault out onto Storm, but Storm caught Styles and threw him into the gaurd rail. Storm rolled back into the ring as Styles was trying to pull himself up. Storm came out onto Styles with a Catapult Cross Body Suicida that left both men down at ringside and sent a pop through the crowd. Storm was up first and rolled Styles into the ring. Storm clibmed up onto the apron and came back into the ring with a catapult somersault legdrop onto Styles. Storm went for the pin - One, Two, Thre....kickout by Styles. Storm pulled Styles back up to his feet and lifted Styles up for a bodyslam, but Styles slid down Storm's back and locked him in a waistlock. A go-behind by Storm resulted in him hitting Styles with a release German Suplex. Storm crawled over and made a cover on Styles - One, Two, Thre....another kickout by Styles.

Storm continued showing off his skills on the offensive until he went for a Northern Lights Suplex which Styles reversed with a DDT. Both men slowly began to pull themselves up to their feet. Styles hit a pele kick to Storm to take him to the mat. As Storm began to pull himself up, Styles leaped onto the ropes and hit a Quebrada into Inverted DDT on Storm. Styles went for the cover - One, Two, kickout by Storm. Storm rolled back to his feet and was met by Styles who sent him into the ropes. Off the ropes, Storm hit a 360º Spinning Calf Kick to Storm. Storm once again began to pull himself up, but Styles caught him as he was getting up and hit him with the Styles Facebuster. This left Storm in position on the mat as Styles made his way over to the corner to go for the Spiral Tap to put this one away. However, as he was climbing to the top rope, Elix Skipper appeared at the top of the aisle. Styles stopped on the top turnbuckle to question Skipper, but Skipper just continued to walk down to the ring as Styles argued. This allowed Storm to regroup and he hit the ropes to send Styles down across the top turnbuckle facing out of the ring. Meanwhile Skipper picked a chair up from ringside. Storm leaped up and hit a reverse super rana on Styles! Storm went for the pin - One, Two, Thr...Skipper placed Styles' foot on the ropes!

Storm got up and leaned out of the ring towards Skipper as refere Rudy Charles checked on Styles. Storm was fussing Skipper out with his head between the ropes, but Skipper just swung and connected with the chair right to Storm's head. Rudy Charles missed it due to being out of position with Styles...Storm fell back into the ring to the recovered Styles who, unaware of Skipper's interferance, grabbed Storm and hit him with the Styles Clash. One, Two, Three. ***½ - The Skipper/Styles relationship continues after a very good match between Storm and Styles, despite the unclean finish. The match served its purpose, which was to put Styles over more by putting him over a kind of known name...if anyone even remembers Crowbar, anyway.

Winner - AJ Styles

Overall: 76

Crowd: 64

Match: 88

Don West: What was THAT all about?! What is Skipper doing?!

Mike Tenay: He must be doing it completely out of spite for Styles' cleancut methods...that's the only explination for it.

Rudy Charles raised Styles' arm in victory, but Styles seemed a bit confused as Elix Skipper headed back up the ramp with a cocky smirk across his face.

Mike Tenay: You have to believe AJ Styles will not be happy once he finds out how he won this match..

Don West: Well a win is a win! Especially in the X-DIVISION!

Mike Tenay: But Styles wants each of his matches to be fought cleanly...and for him to win like this...well, Skipper has some explaining to do.

Don't Call Them Road Dogg or Grand Master

The fans began to cheer as some country music began to play as Brian Lawler and BG James made their way down to ring where they would be taking part in the next match. However, first they would get some mic time. Once in the ring, BG James asked for the microphone from Jeremy Borash.

BG James: Oooohhh you didn't know? Well then I guess you're ass BETTER CCCCCAAAALLLLL SSSOOOMMMEEEEBODY! Yes that's right, it's me, it's me, and I'm back up in TENNESSEE!

The cheap popped worked pretty well for BG James, who the crowd always loves.

BG James: Allow us to introduce yourselves, JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT! ....Ladies and Gentlement, boys and girls, CHILDREN OF ALL AGES, Total Nonstop Action is proud to bring to you....BG JAMES......."TOO SEXY" BRIAN LAWLER........

BG James' usual routine was stopped as he took a moment to pause and think...

BG James: Well...we don't really have a name yet, BUT WE'RE WORKIN' ON IT!

Lawler and James both laughed as Lawler patted James on the back.

BG James: But ONE thing is for damn sure, and that's we're here to kick some serious ass all up in Total Nonstop Action. And those asses in question are none other than those belonging to Mr. Old School Steve Corino and his Old School Bitch - Kid Kash...

Lawler immediately jumped in to correct James...

Brian Lawler: Woah man, I know you've been out of it for a while...but Corino is the King of Old School, not Mr. Old School...and Kid Kash is going by David Cash now...

BG James: You know, I was wonderin' when he'd stop callin' himself Kid, after all, he's in his 30's for cryin' out loud! Well, Corino and Cash - both of you just need to pull you up a chair and pop ya some popcorn and maybe take a few notes, because tonight we're gonna show you how to KICK THAT SHIZNIT.....OLD SCHOOL STYLE!

Brian Lawler: Haha! Oh yeah Corino, I told ya I had a friend to call up to even the sides! Because two can play your game. You can bad mouth the us, the fans, and Tennessee all you want, but once the sides are even - you run. You can't put your money where your mouth is, which isn't surprising. Maybe you're just afraid that WE represent the Old School more than you two ever could. After all, we both come from big wrestling families and we know all about tradition. What you two are doing goes completely against wrestling tradition. So next time you two show up, we're gonna traditionally kick your asses! But for now we'll settle for taking on the ambigously gay duo, a team that almost measures up to you two!

Lawler and James laugh again before throwing down the microphone and awaiting their opponents.

(66%)

This was just your ordinary extended squash match, with Lenny and Lodi each taking turns tagging in and out and running into all of James and Lawler's trademark moves. The Blondes did manage to get in some of their usual fruity antics though to get a couple of laughs out of the crowd. After being on the receiving end of a thrust kick from Lawler, Lenny frantically crawled his way over to the corner to tag in Lodi. Lodi gave Lenny a reassuring hug and helped him back over to the apron, but when Lodi turned back around he was met with a thrust kick of his own from Lawler. Lawler danced his way over to BG James and gave him the tag. Lodi began to stumble to his feet and BG James met him with the Shake, Rattle, and Roll punches to send Lodi back to the mat. James then came off the ropes with the Crazy Legs kneedrop, which got a bit of a reaction from the crowd. James made the cover - One, Two, Thre....Lenny broke it up. James got up and Lenny slapped him right across the face. James' eyes grew wide and stared down Lenny who began to panic and went for another slap, but James caught his arm this time and pulled him into a short-arm clothesline. Lenny rolled out onto the apron as Lodi began to get back to his feet.

James grabbed Lodi and brought him over to the corner where he tagged in Lawler. Lawler and James hit a Lodi with a double atomic drop that sent Lodi stumbling around the ring holding himself...then he walked right back into them and got it with a double inverted atomic drop. Lodi was left staggering again and this time Lawler lifted him up and slammed him to the mat with a bodyslam. Lawler then lookd to the top turnbuckle and began his ascent. Once on top, he slid his goggles down over his eyes as Lenny got back into the ring, but James made sure to cut him off. James hit Lenny with the Pumphandle Slam as Lawler came off the top with the Tennessee Jam on Lodi. Both men made covers - One, Two, Three! **½ - Nothing but a glorified squash to put over Lawler and James as a team; nothing more, nothing less.

Winners - Brian Lawler & BG James

Overall: 72

Crowd: 66

Match: 79

Post match, Steve Corino and David Cash appeared at the top of the aisle, and they just eyed the celebrating James and Lawler. Lawler and BG James finally noticed them and they called them on down, ready to fight some more.

Mike Tenay: They just finished a match but they're ready to go now! Let's give the crowd what they want!

Don West: Oh yeah! LET'S SEE IT!

Corino and Cash looked to each other, nodded, and started down the aisle towards the ring. However, right when they were about to hit ringside, they stopped in their tracks. Corino just waved off Lawler and James laughing, before turning around and heading back up the aisle with Cash. Lawler and James looked disappointed in the ring.

Don West: What was that all about?!?

Mike Tenay: It's about Steve Corino and David Cash not having it in them to take on BG James and Brian Lawler, that's what!

Don West: And I was looking forward to seeing them go at it!!

Mike Tenay: So was the fans and so was Lawler and James...but they can't duck them forever...I understand that there is some kind of confrontation going on backstage...we've got a camera man on the case...

Differing Opinions

The screen cut to backstage where AJ Styles had caught up with Elix Skipper. They were going nose to nose when Goldylocks came over to try and get some answers.

Goldylocks: Ok guys, calm down! Calm down!

Elix Skipper shoved Styles away.

Elix Skipper: Chill, baby! Don't be up in Primetime's personal space!

AJ Styles: I'll get "up out" your personal space once you get out of MY business!

Elix Skipper: Hey, Primetime was just out there to help! That's all I wanted to do...help ya out a bit. Come on baby!

Goldylocks: What is this all about you two?

AJ Styles: It's ABOUT him trying to cheat his way to the X-Division title. That's not me. I want to do things MY way, and that's EARN my shot...not cheat my way to the top.

Elix Skipper: Come on now, a win is a win is a win. You should be thanking me.

AJ Styles: Thanks for what? For tainting what would have been a clean victory for me?

Elix Skipper: You were in trouble, I saved you from losing! I may have my own methods of winnin', but baby, I do win, don't I? And I won us those tag matches, didn't I? That X-Division is gonna be going PRIMETIME soon baby, and I'll be doin' it by any means neccissary.

Skipper and Styles went back to being nose to nose again as "The Franchise" walked into the shot once again.

Shane Douglas: Hey! Hey! Hey! Let's not get too hastey gentlemen...I think I have a solution that will make everyone happy.

Elix & AJ: WHAT!

Shane Douglas: Don't raise your voice to THE FRANCHISE! Especially when I'm callin' the shots! Hahaha! But you two both want to get an X-Division Title shot your OWN way...well here's an idea...why not settle things in a ONE-ON-ONE match. Next week you two can go at it and whoever wins will be the number one contender to the X-Division Title! It's already been approved!

AJ Styles: Good, then after I beat you cleanly, maybe you'll keep out of my business as I win the X-Division Title.

Elix Skipper: Baby, that X-Division Belt is ALL PRIMETIME'S!

Styles and Skipper stared each other down again before they each finally turned and left, leaving Goldylocks standing with The Franchise.

Shane Douglas: Leave it to The Franchise to restore order around here...

Shane then glanced at Goldylocks, and then checked her out up and down...

Shane Douglas: You know, I think I'm gonna like this job...Ha...Ha Ha!

Shane Douglas walked off, leaving Goldylocks with a grin on her face as the screen cut back to the ring.

(64%)

Mike Tenay: Another huge match confirmed by The Franchise of TNA - Shane Douglas...Elix Skipper versus AJ Styles for a shot at the X-Division Title!

Don West: It's gonna be off the charts, Mike! I CAN'T WAIT!

Mike Tenay: But who will the winner of that match face...it will depend on who wins our next match which will be for the X-Division Title. Let's take a look back at the history between Prince Siaki and Low-Ki!

Total Nonstop Action July 3, 2002

X-Division Tournament

Low-Ki versus Juventud Guerrera

The Juice said it was time to end the match as he pulled Low-Ki up to his feet. He lifted Low-Ki up for the Juvi Driver, but Low-Ki countered it and rolled up Juvi! One, Two, Three! After the match, both men got up and shook hands in a sign of respect.

Prince Siaki versus AJ Styles

Awesome wasn't done yet as he grabbed Styles before he could hit the mat...and hit him with the Awesome Bomb! Mike Awesome left the ring and walked over behind Jarrett to signal to him that he was done. Jarrett acted like he was giving in to Referee Armstrong, and headed back up the aisle with Awesome. The referee turned around to see Siaki crawling over and making the cover on Styles. One, Two, Three!

X-Division Championship Match

Low-Ki versus Prince Siaki

Meanwhile, Siaki grabbed his royal medallion that he wears around his neck and wrapped it around his fist so the chain of it was around his fist and the actual medallion in his palm. Low-Ki crawled back into the ring. The Island Boys reluctantly gave in to Johnson's orders, but not before Siaki decked Low-Ki in the ring with the medallion! He tucked it into his tights before making the cover on Low-Ki. Mark Johnson slid back into the ring to count. One, Two, Three...NO! Low-Ki got his shoulder up.....

Both men got back to their feet and Siaki gave Low-Ki a boot to the midsection then snapped him down to the mat with a DDT. Siaki made the cover. One, Two, Thre...kickout. Siaki slammed the mat in frustration before taking his time to pull Low-Ki up. He went for the Siakilypse, but Low-Ki blocked it and countered with the Ki-Krusher '99! One, Two, Three!

-------------------------------

Total Nonstop Action July 17, 2002

X-Division Championship Match

Low-Ki© vs. Lash LeRoux

eRoux got a bit more offense in before lifting Low-Ki up into a Fireman's Carry to set him up for the Whiplash, but when he went to hit it, Low-Ki came forward and landed on his feet. He then hit a handspring back kick to LeRoux. Low-Ki would eventually put this one away by locking on the Dragon Clutch to make LeRoux submit.

Winner and STILL X-Division Champion - Low-Ki

Mike Tenay: Low-Ki retains the X-Division Title against a former WCW Cruiserweight Champion!

Don West: WAIT LOOK OUT!

West screamed that out because the royal bodygaurds of Prince Siaki, Ekmo and Kimo had came from nowhere and attacked Low-Ki as he was celebrating his title defense.

Mike Tenay: What are THEY doing out here?!

Kimo Irish Whipped Low-Ki into the ropes and hit him with a Samoan Drop as he came off the ropes while Ekmo climbed up to the middle turnbuckle and came off with a big splash onto Low-Ki.

Siaki appeared from the entrance way and began to saunter down the aisle and climb into the ring where his boys had taken care of Low-Ki.

Prince Siaki: And to think, he SOMEHOW managed to leave the ring victorious last time we met? PROPOSTEROUS! I AM ROYALTY! I shouldn't even have to share the ring with him, much less lose to him! No...No...No...this will NOT do at all. For you see, I did make that promise to my homeland, to Samoa, to the Kilika Tribe that I would bring back gold to them. And this peasant is keeping me from living up to my word. And that will NOT do at all...either....I have never broken my word before, and I am not about to begin now.

Prince Siaki noticed the X-Division Title belt lying on the mat near where Low-Ki had been laid out at. He bent down and picked it up, glancing it over.

Prince Siaki: Yes...yes...now THIS would work just nicely. The people of Samoa would rejoice for weeks on end if I was to bring this back with me. There would be parades in the streets and they would be singing my name in praise, just the way it should be. Very well...it's not the NWA World Heavyweight Title...but it will do.

Siaki threw the X-Division title down across Low-Ki before leaving the ring with The Island Boys.

SHANE DOUGLAS? Well, better than others, I suppose. Question - how do you keep up such a high pace of production? These shows are quality, but you really pump them out like crazy.

Can't wait to see then next show. The summary results are good, especially if the angles almost take sight from the matches. Good plan. Can't wait to see where this goes.

SHANE DOUGLAS? Well, better than others, I suppose. Question - how do you keep up such a high pace of production? These shows are quality, but you really pump them out like crazy.

Can't wait to see then next show. The summary results are good, especially if the angles almost take sight from the matches. Good plan. Can't wait to see where this goes.

The week nine show was promising to be the best of what we had to offer so far, atleast we had high hopes. It is of note to mention at this point that Jerry Jarrett was starting to be able to sign more and more of the core TNA talent to exlusive contracts. Of course, I stated earlier that Jerry Lynn and Ron "K-Krush" Killings were the first two to sign exclusive TNA deals; and both had been rewarded for their loyalty with their feud and upcoming number one contenders match. But TNA took a huge stuff when Jerry signed ten more wrestlers to exclusive contracts.

Perhaps the most important was Scott Hall. Up to this point, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion had been working on a verbal committment, and could have been snatched up by the WWE at any moment. Luckily, I guess WWE wasn't interested with Hall's known behavior, but as of this point Hall had been on his best behavior, well for him anyway. With him now signed to a six month contract, we could only hope his good behavior continued, or we would be in quite the pickle. Also signing an exclusive contract was the man TNA had been putting a lot behind since the Gauntlet, and that was none other than Malice. To show how much stock they had in this big monster, they signed him to a two year exclusive contract.

Speaking of the New Church, Reverend Mitchell, the mouthpiece of the New Church, was also signed to an exclusive contract. His managerial skills managed to score him a two year deal as well. Steve Corino, David Cash, Brian Lawler, and BG James each received exclusive contracts so that TNA could be sure that their feud could continue. Jarrett also saw two gems in the X-Division over those past few weeks as he got rising stars AJ Styles and Elix Skipper each to to sign exclusive contracts. Finally, in a bit of a more surprising signing, "Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm was also signed; which was more out of the blue since he had only wrestled one match thus far and it was a match against Konnan two weeks prior.

So those ten, to go along with of course, Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lynn, and K-Krush made up a core group of wrestlers TNA would most likely be going with in the future. Most noteable to not sign written contracts to this point? Ken Shamrock, Low-Ki (who continued to stay loyal to Japan), York & Matthews, and the other members of the New Church. At this point you could only speculate as to if this was a sign of what direction TNA was looking to go...

NWA-TNA Week 9

Card for NWA-Total Nonstop Action

August 14th, 2002

Four The Hard Way

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match

Scott Hall© vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. Ken Shamrock vs. Malice (w/Reverend Mitchell)

Each man wants to end the night victorious and as the NWA Champion, but only one can. They have been at each others throats for several weeks now, and it all comes to ahead in this fatal fourway match. There must be a winner as there will be no disqualifications or countouts, and will be decided in one fall. The odds are against the defending champion, but with each of the challengers gunning for themselves, he still could walk away the champion. Malice will, of course, hold an advantage with Reverend Mitchell at ringside and possibly the prescense of the New Church being felt. Jeff Jarrett has his trump card in Mike Awesome; while Ken Shamrock is just crazy enough to go at all three men by himself. But in the end, it will be the one survivor who walks away from this match the NWA Heavyweight Champion.

NWA Title Contendership Match

Jerry Lynn vs. K-Krush

For weeks, K-Krush has been arguing about not being treated fairly because of his race. He has voiced his opinion about being held down and not getting a fair shot at the NWA Title. Jerry Lynn has been the person who has disputed his claims, and asserted that Krush will got a shot once he earns it in the ring. That's where "The Franchise" came into play as Shane Douglas showed up last week to make this match official, Krush and Lynn will not only have a chance to settle their differences in the ring, but also decide who will get the first shot at whoever walks out of the main event the champion.

X-Division Title Contendership Match

AJ Styles vs. Elix Skipper

What started as an uneasy tag team to get attention of the NWA Championship Committee did just that. The Committee took notice and have paired these two up in a number one contenders match. They each have their own philosphies about how to win a match, but in the end...which of their beliefs will be the victor and therefore get a shot at the X-Division Title, currently held by Low-Ki?

Brian Lawler & BG James vs. Steve Corino & David Cash

What began as Brian Lawler standing up for TNA and Tennessee has become much more of a bitter rivalry. First it was David Cash turning against the Tennessee fans to join Corino's cause against Lawler. But then it was Lawler who called up an old friend in BG James to even up the odds. And the odds indeed have been even, and this week there will be no backing down for Corino and Cash as they WILL be taking on Lawler & James!

Konnan vs. Mike Awesome

It all started when Konnan showed up back in TNA to answer Scott Hall's open challenge a few weeks back, a challenge that Jeff Jarrett wanted to answer. But since Konnan was quicker to the draw, Jeff Jarrett used Mike Awesome in order to show Konnan what happens when you cross the Chosen One. Awesome and Jarrett gave Konnan a beating that Konnan wasn't going to take lying down...and last week The Franchise announced that this match would take place this week!

James Storm vs. Mike Sanders

"Above Average" Mike Sanders will be making his Total Nonstop Action debut this week as he takes on "The Tennessee Cowboy" James Storm. Mike Sanders will be looking to look good in his debut, while James Storm, who did look good in a loss to Konnan, will be trying to get his first victory in TNA action. Which man will have the better showing in a match that could make or break either's future in TNA?

• 8 months later...