Jet's New Song

Guest fultie

Man, I dunno, I think I'm really diggin it.. it's deffinately better than 1 2 3 TAKE MY HAND AND COME WITH ME CAUSE YA LOOK SO FINE THAT I REALLY WANNA MAKE YOU MINE

Plus it shows a hold new side to them.. anyone else hear it? It's called Look What You've Done

And I kind of think the beginning sounds like the beginning of Lennon's Imagine

Edited by fultie

Some girl friend of mine was telling me this is Jet's best song ever. So I decided to hear this song.

The minute I heard Look What You've done, it reminded me too much of Beatles "Let It Be'.

That's a thing I don't like about Jet, they don't have their own sound.

Are you gonna be my girl sound way too much like Iggy Pop's Lust for Life

Cold Hard Bitch reminded me of Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gimme Three Steps

And now, Look what you've done sounds a lot like Beatles' Let it be.

I know everybody has their influences, but goddamn it, it's annoying when they actually steal the guitar riffs, basslines and drum tempos and make them "their own".

Jet has a very strange affect on me. When I first heard both Are you gonna be my girl and Cold Hard Bitch, I didn't like them at all. As a matter of fact I couldn't stand Cold Hard Bitch. But the more I heard them, the more I liked them to the point where I enjoy both now (although are you gonna be my girl did wear out its welcome on the radio).

Haven't heard their new one I don't think...wonder if i would be the same story.

i'm glad you said that George cause i think one of the reasons i like it is cause it reminds me of a Beatles song.. i don't know about Let It Be, but it just sounds kind of Beatlesque or whatever that word is..

Most that I can think of. Jet is ridiculously, ridiculously overplayed and overexposed in the States considering how mediocre and overrated (overmania in this sentence) they are.

Look What You've Done is the closest thing to a good song I've heard from them. So naturally it doesn't get overplayed like terrible songs like Cold Hard Bitch did.

Guest Reyes Henry

Well, i heard that song like a month and a half ago, with an all-white video, but two days back, i again heard the song, this time on MTV, with their animated video which was mucch better. The songs good, definately better than their last one

Are we all forgetting about their third single "Rollover DJ"? They released Are You Gonna Be My Girl, then Cold Hard Bitch, then Rollover DJ, then Look What You've Done.

Rollover DJ > Look What You've Done > Are You Gonna Be My Girl > Cold Hard Bitch (only got any play cause they say the word bitch, lousy mainstream America)

Just a question, but how big is Jet in North America? Are they above all other Australian groups over there?

To be honest, Australian bands go like this here in the U.S.:

1. AC/DC

2. Bee Gees

3. INXS

4. Jet

5. Air Supply

6. Olivia Newton-John

7. Men At Work

And if you think I'm kidding about those last three, believe it when I type that I blacklisted our local classic rock station/80s station for overplaying 'em.

Rollover DJ is alot better

No. No it is not. Rollover DJ is Cold, Hard Bitch except with slightly less stupid lyrics, which is countered by the vocalist's irritating way of singing the word "mind", pronouncing it like "mah-hah-an."

Just a question, but how big is Jet in North America? Are they above all other Australian groups over there?

To be honest, Australian bands go like this here in the U.S.:

1. AC/DC

2. Bee Gees

3. INXS

4. Jet

5. Air Supply

6. Olivia Newton-John

7. Men At Work

And if you think I'm kidding about those last three, believe it when I type that I blacklisted our local classic rock station/80s station for overplaying 'em.