Refereeing mistakes

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'd of probably cared more if you didn't try and make it sound like some cheesy ass hollywood movie, and if it wasn't basketball, but I don't, nor do any other non-americans.

Would a good way to top it be the Euro 2004 incident, already mentioned? I think so.

Thanks.

Sorry, but no. England still could have (and should have) won the game -- penalties were still forthcoming. That's not even close to equivalent. The officials in '72 basically kept re-running the game until the USSR won, like some kid shooting hoops in his backyard. Not good enough.

Sadly, right now, I doubt that there is any intention from the authorities to use video technology to aid the refereeing.

I am glad it isnt happening now, not all clubs can afford it y'know. Sitting up there in your ivory tower it is easy to say 'Oh, just introduce it already!'. It wouldn't be fair to lower league teams if they couldn't have it because they can't afford it. The things that some people have suggested are too much. Scoreboards for instance, at Orient I doubt if we could afford it right now what with the building work going on, hell we only have two stands at the moment!

Sadly, right now, I doubt that there is any intention from the authorities to use video technology to aid the refereeing.

I am glad it isnt happening now, not all clubs can afford it y'know. Sitting up there in your ivory tower it is easy to say 'Oh, just introduce it already!'. It wouldn't be fair to lower league teams if they couldn't have it because they can't afford it. The things that some people have suggested are too much. Scoreboards for instance, at Orient I doubt if we could afford it right now what with the building work going on, hell we only have two stands at the moment!

Whereabouts you from? Just I live nearish Orient...actually saw them play about 3 years ago...they got beaten though! :lol:

Whereabouts you from? Just I live nearish Orient...actually saw them play about 3 years ago...they got beaten though! laugh.gif

Sounds about right. 3 years ago was the beggining of a dark, dark time where wins were nothing more than fables and myth. I live in Hackney, not too far away from (the home of football >_>) Brisbane Road

Whereabouts you from? Just I live nearish Orient...actually saw them play about 3 years ago...they got beaten though! laugh.gif

Sounds about right. 3 years ago was the beggining of a dark, dark time where wins were nothing more than fables and myth. I live in Hackney, not too far away from (the home of football >_>) Brisbane Road

A little bit further out then that, I'm from Dagenham, home of one of the most inconsistent teams ever.

But I'm a Fulham fan.....another inconsistent team....wow, I sure do pick 'em!