I won tickets to a Concert cause my house sucks

Maxx

Guest bruins72

Well, I never heard of River Rave till this year because this is the first time I started listening to WBRU a WBCN affiliate.

I used to listen to FNX who also broadcast out of Boston and are, I'm guessing, a rival station.

So the Rave, despite having amazing lineups each year goes pretty underhyped

FNX is really small compared to BCN. They're a small-time station owned by the same guy that owns the Boston Phoenix (his wife is that judge, Maria Lopez, that had the big controversy because of being more sympathetic to a child molester than the victim). WBCN has been a big time rock station in Boston for ages (I'm pretty sure they've been around since the 60's, at least 70's).

The River Rave is hyped pretty big around the Boston area. It's one of the big summer concerts in the area. They've had some great lineups in years past. This one has some decent bands on the roster. Here is the schedule for the day. Unfortunately, I'm going to be out of town for the weekend.

Shed Stage:

Finger Eleven 1:30pm

Story Of The Year 2:10pm

Yeah Yeah Yeahs 2:50pm

Everlast 3:30pm

Puddle of Mudd 4:10pm

New Found Glory 5:20pm

Dashboard Confessional 6:10pm

The Darkness 7:00pm

P.O.D. 7:50pm

The Offspring 8:55pm

PIT STAGE:

Jake Brennan & Confidence Men 1:00pm

MrNorth 1:50pm

Apartment 26 2:40pm

The Distillers 3:30pm

The Living End 4:20pm

My Morning Jacket 5:10pm

RAVE TENT:

Dave Ralph 5:45pm

The Chemical Brothers 8:00pm

Mocean Worker 10:00pm

Now I have an issue.

I got the tickets monday and asked my friend, Tim, if he wanted to go. Since his parents pay for his gas and its like a 140 mile trip up and back. Well I told him to find out before Friday when I get the tickets so if he can't go, I have time to find someone who can.

So now he still hasn't asked his parents and is being really fucking stupid and it seems like he doubts I'll get tickets and says he isn't going to ask till I get them. That will leave with 1 day to find someone who can go.

I have another, perhaps better friend, Josh who I've known for like 8 years who I could also bring. Josh and I haven't hung out as much recently because we both have girlfriends, but we can still hang out and its like we never missed a beat. Problem with Josh going is he can't drive so we must use the parents up and back, which probably won't be that much of a problem.

Also I'd have to explain to Tim that he isn't going anymore.

So what should I do?

I would have had the Darkness come, and then poison the Barbecue.

And then bury them upside down in my backyard, and have the surviving members of Queen and Led Zeppelin come over and urinate repeatedly on their graves.

If it hasn't been said before, it will be said now.

I love you Squancho.