The Shining

Susperia

The Others

Evil Dead I & II

The Ring

Bubba Ho-Tep

The Innocents

Ju-On

those are the ones I own and they're good.

EDIT: The first half of The Eye is really good. All you gotta do is watch the first half, some of the scariest moments in any horror film.

Edited by Pepsi

I recommend Jacob's Ladder and Hideaway, both excellent films in my opinion.

Jacob's Ladder centres around the delusions and hallucinations of a Vietnam vet, and his struggle to find out what's happening to him.

Hideaway is about a man brought back from the dead through experimental surgery, only to find he has a psychic link with a mysterious killer. All good.

The Haunting of Hell House (or any variation of it)

Ghost Ship

Ghost

Ghost Dad

Those four are the worst suggestions you could name.

any movise dealing with ghosts

He didn't say they had to be good :D

Ghost Dad.

:lol:

I remember watching this film about 30 times between the ages of 6 and 9, and loving it for some reason, then I watched it a month or so ago and was disgusted by just how plain awful it is, it's hilarious.

Suspiria bored the hell out of me, and I'm not one of those that brags about not being scared. The Ring and The Exorcist scared the bejeebus out of me, but after the opening scene, Suspiria did nothing for me. Good death scenes, but for the most part, I was severely let down because I had been told for so long how it's the scariest movie ever.

Other than that, Pepsi's suggestions are perfect. I personally was a fan of the Grudge and that's hitting DVD soon too.

But for the love of God, stay away from Ringu... fucking most overrated scary movie ever.

yeah i watched ringu wasn't impressed .. my friend told me of some other horror dvds( not supernatural) he told me to pick up The hole . anyone else seen it ? is it good ?