Nightwish

The Hardcore Canuck

So I saw their video for "I Wish I Had An Angel" the other day and I'm like, hey that's pretty good. Then I was going through the EWB Entertainment award thread and saw a bunch of people voting for them. The basic jist of this is I want people to recommend me some songs and/or albums.

I'm not too up on my Nightwish knowledge, but if you like them I suggest you check out Within Temptation, who pretty much started the whole operatic female fronted metal scene.

If you want more streamlined better produced operatic stuff from them, check out anything off of Mother Earth or The Silent Force, but if you want heavier and, in my opinion, better tracks, look for the album "Enter" and the track of the same name, which is just superb.

I'm not too up on my Nightwish knowledge, but if you like them I suggest you check out Within Temptation, who pretty much started the whole operatic female fronted metal scene.

Thank you!

Within Temptation kick large amounts of ass, seriously. Ice Queen is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Too bad I can't find their Mother Earth album here. :(

To be fair, I'd suggest you stay away from Mother Earth if at all possible, it's easily their worst album, and I'd recommend their earlier stuff much more.

Everything. Seriously. Every last second of every last fucking song.

But, if your 'budget' is 'limited' :shifty:...

If you like them for their guitar riffs and general awesomness:

The Kinslayer

Astral Romance

The Carpenter

Beauty and the Beast

She Is My Sin

Know Why The Nightingale Sings

Sacrement of Wilderness

Passion and the Opera (featuring one of my favourite riffs evar)

If you like them for the peaceful chillout side:

Sleeping Sun. Possibly the most beautiful song ever. But then, I always say that when I've listened to them recently :P

Angels Fall First

Walking in the Air

Swanheart

Moondance

Nymphomaniac Fantasia

Away (sort of)

Try and get the live versions where applicable, because like all true metal bands their live CDs own their studio ones (and Tarja's accent is almost hotter than she is).

Edited by TheReilDeal