PS2 problems

tristy

Yeah, I've tried 3 games so far, and all of them are stuck at the pain PS2 loading screen. I click on the System link on the main screen when you load up the PS2, and it says Disc Read Error.

The thing is, the 3 games I've tried are barely scratched. They have some scratches on them, yeah, but nothing major.

I've tried wipping the CD's off, rebooting my PS2 from that button in the back, blowing into the fan vent thing to get any dust off. Nothing is working, damnit.

Is there anything I can do to make it work? My parents won't buy me any of that scratch remover, since they think it won't work, so is there anything I can use around the house or what?

Or is it my PS2? Is it dead? :(

This happened to me, it's one of the lasers.

There is a laser for PS2 games, and another last for PS1 games. Try a PS1 game. if that doesn't work then both lasers are broke, if not, then just the one.

Take it to a game place, it's a pretty basic thing for them to fix, but if you take it apart yourself before you take it to as repair place, they won't touch it, so I wouldn't recommend doing so.

Shouldn't cost that much to fix at a repair place, for me it was like £20 - $35. You can buy replacements from Sony but they are like £100/$135.

Why don't you take to say, EBgames or the the store you bought it from? They might have some warranty thing that would help you out.

Edit: I was typing this, apparently, while Standard was. <_<

Edited by Turn_The_Page

Yeah, I bought it from a friend in 2002 (I think. Whenever it was just released). He had only used a few times, maybe 3 or 4, and then sold it to me.

So I can't take it to a store I bought it from. :P

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

The same thing happened to me, right before Christmas it stopped working. Everyone has been telling me what they told you, to bring it somewhere and get the eye laser thingy fixed.

I got a PS2 the day it was released and when the disc read error came up I called Sony. I had to pay to send it to them, but they paid for all parts and labor and sent it back to me for free. Something about the first shipments being flawed. So if you have one from those shipments you might be good. It only cost me like 20 bucks and thats cause I insured it for $300 :P

In a drunken slumber about two nights ago I pulled my PS2 to the ground via controller.

Would they make it stop working?

Edited by Krazy_K

Guest Mr McFarlane

Yes and no.

Depends on how it landed (Mine survived a fall), The disc inside is probably done for as the one mine had in it almost imploded on itself. Other then that my old one was fine, Then again the POI was on a corner.

I got a PS2 the day it was released and when the disc read error came up I called Sony. I had to pay to send it to them, but they paid for all parts and labor and sent it back to me for free. Something about the first shipments being flawed. So if you have one from those shipments you might be good. It only cost me like 20 bucks and thats cause I insured it for $300  :P