NWA: Strong Style

IDOL

Im hooked. line and sinker.

Idolized this is a terrific diary, I love its whole presentation with the news and stuff.The having to highlight the ppv didnt help my migraine much but meh. Thats my problem. Good stuff man.

8:oo on the button, and those that dished out the $12.oo for the Ohio PPV access show were greated with an opening video package courtesy of the new National Wrestling Alliance: Strong Style production team.

"Prior to the Super Bowl and March Madness, before Football and  basketball, before all other sports there was but one."

Pictures of Greek wrestlers in the ancient Olympics are shown, as well  as an old school 1920's style ring.

"History has seen the rise of Champions in the world's oldest  sport. (Thesz, Flair, Votch, and others are shown.) The world is  forever changing, but some things remain the same. Enter tradition,  enter pride and glory; for this is wrestling the way it was meant to be.  This is wrestling where only those with guts, desire and toughness  SURVIVE. Wrestling in it's STRONGEST form, welcome to"...........

STRONG STYLE WRESTLING

On Pay Per View February 8, 2004

From the Municipal Center in Lakewood Ohio

"Taking Care of Business" played when the cameras picked up in the  arena prompting the entrance of Strong Style Owner Al Snow. Snow  got a good ovation from the energetic crowd that was on hand, he  even shook hands with many of the people lucky enough to be seated  at ringside. He got in the ring and was handed a microphone.

AL SNOW: "Wow, just look around here....... this place is packed! (fans  made noise as Snow looked around the municipal center) Yeah, and not  only are all of you on hand, you're all ready to see what Strong Style  has to offer! (even more noise.) Well don't you worry, the hardest  hitting promotion in all of the National Wrestling Alliance has one heck  of a show lined up for you tonight! That's right, but right now as I'm in  the ring I'd just like to thank all of you people here in attendance and  the ones watching tonight on Pay Per View from all over Ohio!"

The fans cheered showing their support of the company and Snow had  a smile on his face.

AL SNOW: "You know Strong Style has really come along way and it  wouldn't have done so without all of you, you fans are the reason we  do what we do, and I'd just like to".........

Before the Strong Style owner could spout anymore out of his mouth  the words "STEP INTO MY WORLD......STEP INTO THE LION'S DEN" were  heard, and then the Strong Style Heavyweight Champion stepped out  through the entrance position, he wasn't alone either as the man that  played a crucial role in Shamrock's title defense, Scott Norton  accompanied him. The fans really gave Shamrock hell as he walked to  the ring with the title strapped around his waist, Snow didn't look too  happy about being interrupted, and he went to talk but Shamrock  quickly snatched the microphone out of the owner's hand.

KEN SHAMROCK: "You know aI stood in the back hearing this load of  crap that you're shooting out of your mouth, and I just couldn't take it  anymore. Let me set you straight right now "Mr. Boss Man," the only  person you should be greatful to isn't any of these fools sitting in the  audience, it's ME! I'm the guy that has carried this company on his  back, before me Strong Style was nothing; without me Strong Style  would be just that.... NOTHING!"

Shamrock smiled and Norton just stood with a grin on his face and his  arms crossed over his massive chest. the fans in the arena began  chanting "Shamrock Sucks! Shamrock Sucks," and the champion looked  around with a grin on his face.

KEN SHAMROCK: "Oh, I suck do I? Do I suck because I have yet to face  defeat in the Strong Style ring? Is that it, oh I know..... I suck because  I still have this title around my waist, and your little hero AJ Styles  doesn't......that's it, right?"

The Champion seemed to strike the right cord there, "AJ! AJ! AJ!"  chants began.

KEN SHAMROCK: "Let me tell you fools a little something about what it  means to be a Champion, alright? A Champion will do anything it takes  to walk out of the arena night after night with his title still in tact, just  like I have done; night after night! A Champion is ruthless, and will take  ANY option it takes, including hiring a hired gun (pats Norton on the  back) just like I have done. AJ Styles is not ruthless, and therefor AJ  Styles is not the Champion!"

Snow has seemingly had enough of Shamrock in the ring and grabs for  the microphone, but Shamrock holds it back.

KEN SHAMROCK: "Oh wait here, I'm not done yet. I don't know what  you've got planned for me tonight, but it better not be anything in this  ring because tonight I'm not doing anything."

//EWR Rating: 78%

The Champion seemed like he didn't want to wrestle, then "I am" played  over the speakers and EVERYONE went crazy when AJ Styles came out.  Dressed in red white and blue, and with a microphone in hand AJ  stopped at the entrance spot.

AJ STYLES: "First a guy that calls himself the best in all of Strong Style  has to keep a three hundred pound mutant next to him in order to hold  onto his title, and now he doesn't want to wrestle! You know Ken, I  used to think you were a man of honor, and a man of pride. I thought  you were a guy that represented everything that Strong Style stands  for, but now I look in that ring and all I see is a scared man that will  resort to anything in order to keep the one thing that makes him worth  anything."

Shamrock and Norton looked on but Styles wasn't done.

AJ STYLES: "You know you talk about being ruthless, but Ken at  PerseVerance you proved it to the entire world, you're not  ruth-less...... you're gut-less! You doubt my ruthlessness Ken, well how  about this. It seems the Phenomenal One has a score to settle with  both you and cue ball over there, so tonight if it's not much trouble  Champ how about the BOTH of you step into the ring with  A...J...Styles!?"

Shamrock and Norton looked at each other, and laughed. Shamrock got  on the microphone and asked Styles if he was crazy, and said he had a  deal, but Al Snow snatched the microphone back away from the  Champion.

AL SNOW: "I don't think so, after PerseVerance I know the way that  you two work, and sorry AJ you won't be wrestling wither of these two  tonight. (fans booed) Well actually I should put that differently. You  ALONE won't be facing these two tonight. You see Ken whether you  like it or not, I'm the boss around here and you wrestle when I say you  will. And just to flex my executive muscle, tonight's Main event it will  be the Strong Style champion, Ken Shamrock teaming up with Scott  "Flash" Norton to take on AJ Styles and....... a partner of his choosing!"  Now you can get the hell out of MY Ring!"

"Taking care of business played over the speakers again, Shamrock  didn't look happy but Norton was trying to talk him down, then the  production team played some commercials to get fans to order Strong  Style merchandise online.

//EWR Rating: 85%

"The Final Countdown" played next and NWA: Strong Style Total  Wrestling Champion Charlie Haas made his way out, he wasn't alone  though as a brown haired woman in a tight leather outfit accompanied  him to the ring. Taiyo Kea and the ring announcer stated that there  was a ten minute time limit for this title contest.

NWA:SS TOTAL WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE  MATCH

Charlie Haas© Vs Taiyo Kea

Mike Tenay and Don West, said they had no idea who this woman was  that was with Charlie Haas, Haas and Kea began things with a tie up in  the ring and immeadiatly Kea used his size and power to his advantage.  He backed Charlie into the corner and punished him with knees to the  midsection. Kea dominated early on but Haas took every dirty trick that  he could to get the advantage back, an eye rake here, and poke there.  Ken landed a Superkick to Haas' jaw sending him to the outside, and  while Kea went out to lift Haas up, the Woman he brought out with him  jumped up onto the apron and climbled to the top rope. The fans went  crazy when Kea turned to face and she landed an awesome  hurricanranna from the top rope and to the outside! Haas brought him  into the ring but only got a two count, the end came when Kea went  for a powerbomb, but Haas rolled over his back and rolled the former  title contender up into a school boy with a hand full of tights for the  three count!

Time: 7:21

Winner(s): and still Total Wrestling champ, Charlie Haas

Match Rating: ***1\4

// Overall Rating: 77%

// Crowd Reaction: 71%

// Match Quality: 84%

After Haas and the woman posed in the ring, the show went to the  back where Al Snow was shown sitting at his desk, and in front of him  was Sean O'Haire.

AL SNOW: "Look, I told you if you want a title shot you have to make  an impact, and as it stands now you've been luke warm at best. You  want a title shot, prove you deserve one."

O'Haire laughs almost as if he doesn't believe what he's heard.

SEAN O'HAIRE: "TWO of your former title contenders have fell to me in  little time, Hidaka talked about how tough he was, and I ran him out of  here. but hey you want an impact.... alright.......but don't say I didn't  warn you."

O'Haire just turned and walked out of the office while Snow looked  puzzled then rolled his eyes and continued on with his paper work.

//EWR Rating: 77%

RETURN BOUT TAG TEAM MATCH

Jung Dragonz Vs Tajiri & Storm

West and Tenay put over how this was a return bout from the  Perseverance Event, Tajiri and Jonny Storm were out first, they  seemed to be on the same page since arguing after defeat the last  time they faced the Dragonz. The match started off with quick  exchanges, and as Tajiri was about to land the kick of death to Kaz  Hayashi He was quickly lifted up into the air a FLATTENED with a spine  buster! Sean O'Haire had interrupted the match, and the referee quickly  called for the bell. He landed Widow Makers to both Storm and Hayashi,  and chucked Tajiri and Yang out of the ring... they hit the floor with a  sickening thud. The fans booed loudly as O'Haire lughed sadisticalled in  the center of the ring, guessing he'd made an impact.

Time: 3:21

Match Rating: *1\4

// Overall Rating: 73%

// Crowd Reaction: 57%

// Match Quality: 89%

Another scene from the back, this time the fans exploded seeing AJ  Styles. He was standing in the back and next to him was Steve  Blackman.

STEVE BLACKMAN: "You know damn well I'd like nothing more than to  get another shot in the ring with Norton, expecially after what he did to  me at PerseVerance. You need a partner AJ, I'd be willing to get your  back."

Styles seemed to be thinking about it.

AJ STYLES: "You know I haven't decided yet, but I'll keep you in mind."

Styles patted Blackman on the back then walked away and another  commercial hyping the Strong Style merchandising was played.

//EWR Rating: 55%

SINGLES CONTEST

Shelton Benjamin def. Scotty Riggs

Shelton Banjamin came out to some decent fan fare, and he would be  facing a man new to Strong Style, Scotty Riggs. Riggs came out to the  ring with a mirror and couldn't stop looking at himself all the way down  the isle, Benjamin got things started off with a sideheadlock, Riggs  countered for a back body drop but Benjamin countered by landing on  his feet, he went for a kick but Riggs caught the leg, little did he know  Banjamin would fire back with his weird version of the enziguri. The  match went back and fourth for a little while, but Benjamin won with a  T-Bone Suplex.

Time: 8:12

Match Rating: **1\2

//Overall Rating: 63%

// Crowd Reaction: 56%

// Match Quality: 70%

West and Tenay continued to pump up the Main event and speculated  as to who Styles partner would be. Shamrock's music hit again and the  Champion and his henchman made their way to the ring much o the  disproval of fans all over. Once he and Norton were in the ring Styles  was next. Then it was AJ's turn and he came out with a microphone  once again.

AJ STYLES: "Without further adue, allow me to intrduce my partner for  the evening.............JERRY LYNN!"

The crowd went nuts at the fans near dream team of Styles and Lynn.  Jerry and AJ charged the ring immeadiatly going to work on shamrock  and Norton.

MAIN EVENT TAG TEAM MATCH

AJ Styles & Jerry Lynn Vs Ken Shamrock & Scott Norton

The referee had a hard time getting control of the match, but  eventually did. Styles and Norton started things off and the monster  used his power moves to try and explode the smaller Styles. AJ got the  hot tag to Lynn and Jerry leveled all comers with hard right hands. The  referee became leniant with the count outs on the outside, not  instituting it at all. Lynn and Norton fought on the outside, and Jerry  was handed a chair by a fan, he flattened Norton with a brutal shot.  THe match was great, and both sets of partners tagged out back and  fourth. Styles countered a Ankle lock with a cradle, but only got two.  Shamrock hit a belly to belly and then climbed to the top rope. Norton  and Lynn brought their fight into the ring, while Shamrock was on the  top rope Lynn sent Norton into the ropes, Shamrock slipped and  slipped, spreading his legs right on the top turnbuckle. Lynn  clotheslined Norton to the outside of the ring, and then he and Styles  landed a painful double superplex on the Champion. AJ then leaped onto  the top rope and landed a magnificent Pheonix Splash on the Champion,  Lynn made sure that Norton couldn't get back into the ring and the  referee made the count as Styles covered the champion!

Time: 16:45

Match Rating: ****1\2

// Overall Rating: 85%

// Crowd Reaction: 70%

// Match Quality: 100%

Lynn and Styles celebrated their win making their way to the back, the  fans literally blew the roof off the building as Shamrock's official first  loss was made legit. AJ and Jerry made their way to the back as the  show went off the air.

// Overall Show Rating: 74%

// PPV Buy Rate: 0.08

// Attendance: 1,635

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

HOME | NEWS | COLUMNS | RESULTS | INSIDE NWA:SS |

Strong Style Wrestling>News>News Line

Newsline Account 2/9-2/14

2/9/02- Last Night's Pay Per View recieved rave review from many Strong Style fans, and clocked in a .08 PPV Buy Rate, many fans were excited to see AJ Styles pin Ken Shamrock in the Main Event. Now one day after the show Strong Style owner Al Snow has announced that the company will use an "Open Door" policy in regards to talent, this being that we may see stars from all over the NWA whether it be for extended, short term or even one night stays.

2/10/02- After this week NWAStrongStyle.com will be dropping the newsline account, and adopting a more day to day news report. While the Newsline served its purpose when Strong Style held only monthly events, the new weekly shows really don't allow the newsline to function properly.

2/11/02- The official preview for next week's edition of NWA: Strong Style Wrestling is now up;

Last week NWA Strong Style held it's first edition of Strong Style Wrestling live on Pay Per View, this week another exciting episode comes at you from the Municipal Center in Lakewod Ohio! Strong Style owner Al Snow is expected to be on hand with a major announcement in regaurds to Strong Style wrestlers and fans alike, what will the boss have to say?

A bout to determine the top contender to the Strong Style Total Wrestling Championship will be held this week as The American Dragon, Jamie Knoble, Guido Maritato and shelton Benjamin step into the squared circle, the first man to gain pinfall will meet the Champion Charlie Haas live on Pay Per view in two weeks for their title shot!

But the Champion himself, Charlie Haas will still see action as he goes head to head with the deadly Tajiri in a non title contest.

Last week the Phenomenal AJ Styles shocked all of Strong Style by choosing Jerry Lynn as his partner against Heavyweight Champion Ken Shamrock and Scott 'Flash' Norton, the duo was successful in their efforts, now one week later what will the Heavyweight Champion Ken Shamrock and his partner in crime Scott Norton have in store for the Phenomenal One? All of this and more this week on Pay Per View.... it's Strong Style Wrestling!

Confirmed Matches:

-American Dragon Vs Jamie Knoble Vs Guido Maritato Vs Shelton Benjamin

-Charlie Haas Vs Tajiri

2/12/02- Takao Omori has left Strong Style, the belief is that there was no fall out between he and Strong Style management, and that if he wanted to return he would be welcomed back.

2/14/02- Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas is are two more wrestlers to have taken the Oath of Loyalty, meaning that they will use Strong Style as their home base in the industry.

user posted image

STRONG STYLE WRESTLING PPV Spoilers

Tuesday February 12, 2004

Results by the EbonyDeala

(Highlight to reveal)

The Municipal Center was just about as packed as last week, if not  more. Looking around in the crowd there were alot of people with AJ  Styles shirts on, once again I was one of the first to arrive at the  building and got to see which dark matches Strong Style was offering  for the night.

DARK MATCH

Lex Lovett vs Sean O'Haire

Lovett is part of Strong Style's new "Open Door Policy" being that we  will be seeing alot of new faces in the upcoming weeks, some may  become permanent and others could be expendable. Unfortunatly for  Lovett his match was against the much bigger and red hot Sean  O'Haire. Lovett really didn't get much offense in at all, and after a very  stiff spin kick to the face O'Haire lifted up Lovett and plated him with  the Widow Maker for the three count.

From there Mike Tenay and Don West came out from the back and took  their places at ringside. After a few moments the theme song for the  Pay Per View played over the Public address and the logo came on the  big screen.

SINGLES MATCH

Charlie Haas w/Trinity vs Tajiri

Haas once again came to the ring with the black haired woman, this  time she was dressed in a black almost nylon like suit with rips all over  it in all of the right places, if you know what I mean. She took Haas'  Total Wrestling Championship off in the ring and Tajiri was out next.  They started it off with a collar and elbow tie up leading to some quick  exchanges, Tajiri proved he could hold his own with a college wrestling  standout and All American, Just as Tajiri was about to land the kick of  death Trinity jumped up on the apron and distracted him. Haas rolled  him up with a school boy and Trinity held onto his arm for unfair  leverage and Haas gained the three count.

Winner: Charlie Haas

The two celebrated in the center of the ring, from there the cameras  went to ringside with Mike Tenay and Don West. They announced that  starting next week there will be a tournament to crown the first ever  Strong Style Tag Team Champions. Signups are open to any Tag Team  that wants to be a part of the eight team tournament on a first come  first serve basis.

TAG TEAM MATCH

Rico & Scotty Riggs Vs Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang

Rico and Riggs came out to the ring in matching pink and black tights,  as well as corresponding bandanas, the crowd really gave them hell  chanting "faggots!" The Dragonz were out next and dispite their "evil"  nature the fans chose to cheer for them over their flamboyant counter  parts. Rico and Riggs actually held their own quite well with the  seasoned duo of Yang and Hayashi, that was until two LARGE men ran  into the ring and destroyed everyone. Tenay says that they are Bane  and Seven, and their tights say Disciples of Doom on them. Pretty  much it's Travis Tomko and Kevin Fertig repackaged as a tag team.  Outside the ring there is a woman SCREAMING as the two men continue  to annihilate the men in the ring.

Winners: No Contest

Bane and Seven (Travis Tomko and Kevin Fertig) roll the four men out  of the ring, and the Screaming Woman gets into the ring with a  microphone. She says that her name is Sera Phiend (Daffney) and that  the two behemouths in the ring are Bane and Seven, the Disciples of  Doom. She goes on to say that they have entered the tournament to  crown the first Tag Team Champions, and they WILL walk away with  the titles.

From there we were taken to a pre taped video package from the  production team. Sean O'Haire is shown sitting in a white walled room  and looking psychotic in the camera. O'Haire talks about making an  impact, and talking on and on I couldn't really hear with the morons  behind me screaming "O'Haire is a god!" but I'm pretty sure he ended it  saying "Don't say I didn't warn you."

FOUR WAY MATCH

American Dragon Vs Jamie Knoble Vs Guido Maritato Vs Shelton  Benjamin

By all means this was THEE match of the night, Tenay and West said  that the winner of the match would recieve a shot at Charlie Haas'  Total Wrestling championship in two weeks. So much action went on in  this match I can't even tell you here, the match finish came when  Guido went for the Sicilian Slice on American Dragon only to be tosses  to the outside, when Dragon turned around he was met by a superkick  for Benjamin that knocked him off of his feet, as soon as Benjamin  turned back around Knoble hit the tiger Driver for the three count!

Winner: Jamie Knoble

From there we went to the back where Scott "Flash" Norton and the  "World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock were sharing a few words.  Shamrock was still fuming over the loss he suffered to AJ Styles last  week, and told Norton that tonight his job was to make sure there was  nothing left of the so called phenomenal one. Norton told shamrock  that he had it covered, and a commercial for the latest merchandise  was played.

MAIN EVENT SINGLES MATCH

AJ Styles Vs Scott Norton

Before the match started some video clips of last week's main event  tag team match were played with Styles hitting the Spiral Tap for the  three. Styles came out to an incredible pop, this guy is over with the  strong Style fans! Norton is next and makes an arrogant entrance.  Norton dominates the match in the beginning with his power, but Styles  countered his attempt at the powerbomb shoulder breaker with a  dropkick that sent the big man to the outside with a nasty bump.  Styles with a suicide plancha and Norton actually sells it. Styles rolls  him into the ring, then calls for the Pheonix splash, but before he can  hit it Norton is on his feet and knocks AJ off of the ropes, ref bump  later on and Styles springboards off of the middle rope, backflips and  lands a reverse ddt on Norton, cover but no ref! Ken Shamrock runs  down the aisle, and slides into the ring. the two go at it and Styles  tosses shamrock to the outside. AJ goes back for Norton, but gets a  kick to the gut and is planted with the Shoulder Breaker Powerbomb!  The ref is magically alive and Norton makes the cover for three!

Winner: Scott Norton

The crowd really gave Norton and Shamrock hell as they made their  way to the back happy with their handiwork, and the PPV came to a  close.

user posted image

Strong Style Wrestling>Results>Strong Style Wrestling PPV

user posted image

STRONG STYLE WRESTLING

On Pay Per View February 15, 2004

The show kicked off with the same opening video package as last  weeks event, and immeadiatly following it is a video package  highlighting last week's Main event Matchup pitting AJ Styles and Jerry  Lynn against Strong Style Champion Ken Shamrock and Scott Norton,  with Styles pinning Shamrock after the Spiral Tap. From there we went  to Don West and Mike Tenay at ringside as they thanked the fans  joining Strong Style from home for purchasing the Pay Per View, and  welcomed everyone to the show. They also announced that tonight in  the main event it will be SCOTT NORTON going one on one with AJ  STYLES!

"The Final Countdown" played next and NWA: Strong Style Total  Wrestling Champion Charlie Haas made his way out, once again the  brown haired woman accompanied him to the ring, Mike Tenay being  the Professor that he is told us that her name was Trinity.

SINGLES MATCH

Charlie Haas w/Trinity vs Tajiri

Trinity looked really hot in a nylon body suit with slits all over it, the  Champion stood in the center of the ring with his arms outstretched,  and she took Haas' Title off. Tajiri's music was next and the 'Japanese  Buzzsaw' wasted no time getting to the ring.

They started it off with a collar and elbow tie up that Haas quickly  used as a set up to a side headlock, but Tajiri regrabbed the wrist of  Haas and countered with a hammerlock of his own, Haas hit an elbow  to Tajiri's head stunning the Buzzsaw enough to apply an arm ringer  that is quickly countered with a summersault and lleg sweep. The  strong Style fans applauded Tajiri after countering the former college  Wrestling all American, and it got under Haas' skin, Trinity cheered on  on the outside of the ring. Haas and Tajiri locked up again, this time  Tajiri whipped him into the ropes and hit a rolling sidekick for a two.  Haas would come back to the offensive after a devistating full nelson  suplex, but tajiri later countered a german suplex landind on his feet  and hitting a dropkick to the knees. Haas was in perfect setup and  Tajiri measured him up for the kick of Death, but Trinity jumped up on  the apron and distracting both Tajiri and the referee, Haas ever the  oportunist rolled him up with a school boy and Trinity held onto his arm  for unfair leverage allowing Haas the tainted three count.

Time: 7:42

Winner(s): Charlie Haas

Match Rating: **3/4

// Overall Rating: 71

// Crowd Reaction: 67

// Match Quality: 75

Trinity rolled into the ring carrying Charlie's Championship and jumped  into his arms, and the two continued to embrace in the center of the  ring.

O p e n. I n v i t a t i o n.

from there the cameras went to ringside with Mike Tenay and Don  West, sitting in front of them were two shiny new titles never before  seen in Strong Style.

Mike Tenay: "Folks, it bring Don and me great pleasure to make the  following announcement! Starting next week here on Strong Style  Wrestling we will witness the start of an eight team tounament to  crown the first ever Strong Style Tag Team Champions!"

Don West: "You're not kidding Mike Tenay! There are open signups for  this tournament, that means any team in the world that wants to  become the first ever Strong Style Tag Champs can sign up! It's first  come first serve, and I can't wait!"

Mike Tenay: "Fans, be sure to log on to NWAStrongStyle.com to keep  up with all of the developments in the tournament."

//EWR Rating: 83%

TAG TEAM MATCH

Rico & Scotty Riggs Vs Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang

Some weird almost classical violin style music played over the public  address when the show returned to the ring, and Rico Constantino and  Scotty Riggs came out from the back dressed in matching pink and  black tights. Rico pranced arouns while Scotty just stared at himself in  the mirror he held in his hand. The fans didn't seem to know quite how  to handle the two. "Screeeeeeeechah!" The sound of the Dragons fiery  cry played next and Kaz Hayashi and Jimmy Yang stepped out from the  back ready for tag team action. They joined Rico and Riggs in the ring,  and after a few moments those who were to start the match off were  decided.

Scotty Riggs started things off with Kaz Hayashi, extending his hand,  but then pulling it away and slicking his black hair back when Hayashi  went to accept the greet. Kaz landed a punch to the face of Riggs,  most likely it knocked the taste out of his mouth. Hayashi pelted Riggs  with some stiff blows, and sent him into the ropes, charging full speed  and knocking him down with a lariat. Tag to Yang and the two are all  over Riggs, that is until Scotty is able to land a military press slam and  tag in Rico. Rico flamboyantly hit the ring, blowing kisses at his  opponents and landing the roundouse kick to both Yang and Hayashi.  But just as he was going for the cover a huge muscular bald headed  man stormed the ring and nailed him right in the face with the big boot!  The referee called for the bell.

Time: 5:21

Winner(s): No Contest

Match Rating: **1\2

// Overall Rating: 55

// Crowd Reaction: 35

// Match Quality: 76

E n t e r. E v i l.

The bald man wasn't alone however, in the ring with him was an equally  large man with long red hair. Outside of the ring a black haired woman  was screaming orders at the two. Scotty Riggs charged the red headed  man but for his effort he got nailed with a spine buster! Yang and  Hayashi tried to fight off the monsters as well, but the behemoths lifted  them up and landed subsequent sit out powerbombs.

The woman climbed into the ring then with a microphone in her hand,  and the two giant men stood in the ring right behind her.

the Woman: "Hell hath no fury like hellfire and brimstone! Allow me, the  princess of death, the voice of evil Sera Phiend; to introduce all of you  to the future and FIRST EVER Strong Style Tag Team Champions, hell's  henchmen Seven (looks to the red headed man) and Bane (now the  bald man) the Disciples of Doom!"

The woman rubbed the two men's chests, and got about sero reaction  from each. They just stood there staring as if they were drones.

Sera Phiend: "Any team looking to take those titles, this is your only  warning, Hell has frozen over, and Strong Style is heating up...... Evil  will never die! Prepare to meet your doom!"

//EWR Rating: 62%

t h e. d i a r y. o f. a. m a d. m a n.

Sera Phiend and the Disciples of Doom left the ring, and from there we  were taken to a pre taped video package from the production team.

Sean O'Haire was shown sitting in a white walled room. He was seated  in a wooden chair, the only object that is in the small room. O'Haire's  head was down while his body rocked back and forth in the chair, then  he looked up into the camera with a crazed look in his eyes.

Sean O'Haire: "Ha, ha hah..... ooohhah..... Strong Style, the place that  boasts the accolade of having the hardest hitters in the business, the  place that prides itself on athletic competition..... yet each time I have  stepped into the ring there has been little to no.... competition!"

O'Haire rolled his eyes into the back of his head and laughed  sadistically, a near sickening site.

Sean O'Haire: "Yet after each annihilation of another Strong Style  wrestler Al Snow still tells the Widow Maker that he has to make an  impact in order to recieve his due, his shot at the top prize. Well......Al  Snow if it's an impact that you want, an impact you shall recieve. But  hey..... don't say I didn't warn you!"

O'Haire laughed once again and the package came to a close.

//EWR Rating: 80%

FOUR WAY MATCH

Winner to recieve a Total Wrestling title shot in two weeks

American Dragon Vs Jamie Knoble Vs Guido Maritato Vs Shelton  Benjamin

Jamie Knoble, Guido Maritato and American Dragon were already in the  ring when things returned to the arena, "It's all about the  benjamins.....BAAAAAAAAyBay!" Shelton Benjamin then came out with  his singlet straps pulled down. He shook hands with the fans on his way  to the ring, once inside the bell rang for the start of this match. Guido  and Knoble seemed to work as a unit throughout most of the match,  first trying to take out American Dragon, then turning their attention to  Benjamin. The teamwork stopped however when Knoble tried for the  cover, and Guido pulled him off. they argued then when they seemed to  have settled this they turned opposite ways only to meet american  Dragon and shelton Benjamin ready with a double clothesline! The  matched waged on.....Guido went for the Sicilian Slice on American  Dragon but Dragon hangs on to his tights and tosses him over the top  rope and out to the floor. Dragon then turned around and was met by a  superkick from Shelton Benjamin! The fans went nuts, Dragon's head  nearly flew off, and his body slumps down to the mat in a heap.  Shelton the turned around to restore his attention to the final  participant in the ring, but Knoble was ready and landed a kick to the  midesection followed by the Tiger Bomb! Knoble kept the arms hooked,  1, 2, 3!

Time: 18:34

Winner(s): Jamie Knoble

Match Rating: ***1/4

// Overall Rating: 74

// Crowd Reaction: 62

// Match Quality: 86

The referee raised Jamie's hand, and he quickly rolled out of the ring  smililing, knowing full well that in two weeks he has a shot at Charlie  Haas and the Total Wrestling Title.

P l o t. a n d. D e s t r o y.

The cameras switched to the back where Scott Norton was shown  sitting in the locker room and taping his wrists, Ken Shamrock stood in  front of him pacing around with the Strong style Heavyweight  championship over his shoulder.

Ken Shamrock: "GOD! I can't believe that last week! Arghhh! Scott  tonight, you get Styles one on one in the ring, and damn it you had  better make him pay! That punk kid needs to learn that around here,  Ken shamrock puts the asses in the seats, not AJ Styles."

Scott Norton: "Look, Ken I've got it covered. After I get down with  Styles tonight he's no longer going to be a threat to either of us, cause  I'm gonna break his freakin' shoulder! Besides, you don't have to worry  about Jerry Lynn tonight, he's off being put through tables in  Philadelphia. After tonight, AJ Styles is history."

Shamrock looked satisfied with his henchman's words, and Norton  walked out of the locker room.

//EWR Rating: 55%

MAIN EVENT SINGLES MATCH

AJ Styles Vs Scott Norton

"You are you are..... I am I am!" AJ Styles music hit in the arena and  the crowd went completely nuts as he stepped out from behind the  curtain dressed in a sleeveless hoody. Styles walked to the ring and  clapped hands with the fans before jumping up on the apron and  posing.

Scott Norton made his way out next to some hard rock anthem Strong  Style has produced for him. He arrogantly raised his arms in the air and  badmouthed Styles. Styles first tried to use his speed to get the  advantage on the powerful Norton which worked until scott caught him  after a Cross body attempt and brought him down over his knee with  the back breaker. Norton choked Styles out with his knee while AJ was  in the ropes, and then argued with the ref. He called for his Shoulder  breaker powerbomb, but Styles countered his attempt and landed a  dropkick that sent the big man to the outside with a nasty bump. The  fans got on their feet when AJ motioned that he was going to the  outside. Styles with a suicide plancha and Norton collapses to the  outside. Styles got up and rolled him into the ring, then called for the  Pheonix splash. He climbed to the top rope but before he could hit it  Norton got on his feet and knocked AJ off of the ropes and to the  outside. Norton did some damage sending AJ into the steel steps then  rolls him back into the ring and covered for two. Norton tried to whip  Styles into the ropes but sends him into the referee. Styles  springboards off of the middle rope, backflips and lands a reverse ddt  on Norton, cover but no ref! Ken Shamrock ran down the aisle, and  slides into the ring. the two went at it and the Strong Style fans were  going nuts! Styles tossed Shamrock to the outside. AJ went back for  Norton, but got a kick to the gut and Norton connected with the  Shoulder Breaker Powerbomb! Shamrock revives the referee, 1, 2, 3!

Time: 12:32

Winner(s): Scott Norton

Match Rating: ***1\4

// Overall Rating:77

// Crowd Reaction: 69

// Match Quality: 85

Shamrock entered the ring, and told Norton to finish the job. Scott  lifted Styles up once again and held Styles body on his shoulder while  walking around the ring, then nailing a second shoulder Breaker  Powerbomb! Shamrock stood over styles pointing at his championship as the show went off the air.

//Overall Show Rating: 70

//Pay Per View Buy Rate: 0.08

//Attendance: 1637 people.

user posted image

The Battleground: The hang out for Smart marks on the net!

The battleground>Forum>Topic: Strong Style Wrestling PPV

SS Fan:

Joined Date: 12/2/01

I just got done watching the show, I have to say I usually don't like three way or four way matches but man that one tonight was awesome, I would have liked to see shelton pick up the win, but Knoble definatly deserved it with the showing he put on. The Disciples of Doom look pretty cool, can't wait to see them in the Tag Team title Tournament. AJ really wasn't on the show much, and he got jobbed to Norton I'm pretty dissapointed with that, but all in all I think the show was pretty good, and worth the ten bucks I spent, anyone else catch the show?

OldSchoolFan:

Joined Date: 1/2/02

I payed for the show, and I really have to say that I most likely won't be buying another one. Strong Style has become so out of touch with their fans that it makes me sick, this is a company that was supposed to be based around the Japanese Style of wrestling, with less gimmics and more emphasis on the matches and the wrestlers. Now we have two big idiots parading around with an ugly chick pretending to be demons or something, a tag team hinting at being gay and constant run ins and shit finishes to matches. Styles is no where near world title material, and yet they're trying to shove him in our face, best part of the show was the four way match, and that wasn't the greatest.

WrestlingReinvented:

Joined Date: 2/23/01

I payed for the show, and I really have to say that I most likely won't be buying another one. Strong Style has become so out of touch with their fans that it makes me sick, this is a company that was supposed to be based around the Japanese Style of wrestling, with less gimmics and more emphasis on the matches and the wrestlers. Now we have two big idiots parading around with an ugly chick pretending to be demons or something, a tag team hinting at being gay and constant run ins and shit finishes to matches. Styles is no where near world title material, and yet they're trying to shove him in our face, best part of the show was the four way match, and that wasn't the greatest.

---------------------------------

For starters, even wrestlers that compete in Japan have gimmicks, some of them even crazier than "demons" I've seen Japanese wrestlers base theirselves around cartoon characters, so even though Strong Style is starting to give its wrestlers characters, and storylines they're not breaking rules by any means.

And how can you say Styles is no where near World Title Material, you obviously didn't travel to Lakewood and watch any of their events from last year while he was competing in five star matches for the Total wrestling title, if you ask me Styles is overdue for the push he is getting and is handling it quite well.

If you ask me I like the new direction that the company is going. They're starting to get more wrestlers that they can count on to be there week after week, and if they want to grow this is definatly the way to go. More gimmicks, and storylines (as long as they aren't over the top) make for a more entertaining show, and Strong Style has still been heavily promoting WRESTLING above all else. The tag team title tournament I am really looking forward to, hopefully we see some new faces not just Strong Style regulars paired together. I enjoyed tonight's show alot, and am anxious to see where things go with the Shamrock/Styles/ Norton feud as well as Sean O'Haire.

Iluvrasslin:

Joined Date: 1/28/02

^^^ I totally agree with you, I'm all for tradition but it shouldn't get in the way of evolution and that's what Strong Style is doing right now. I liked the O'Haire segment he's really started to get over as a crazed lunatic, and I can't wait to see what the hell he was talking about "making an impact" The Disciples of Doom have a really cool look, and I don't know what the hell is going on with rico and Riggs but I was glad to see them get their asses kicked. The whole purpose to the Main event was most likely to get some heat back to shamrock and co. after losing to Styles and Lynn last week. I like the pairing of Haas and Trinity, she adds an extra element to Haas' matches, and I hope Charlie gets a huge push soon.

NWAFAN78:

Joined Date: 2/3/02

The show was alright, O'Haie wasn't in action which sucked, neither was Jonny Storm. I hope Tajiri and Storm enter the Tag title tournament and come out the winners.

LuvMeh8MeNever4getme:

Joined Date: 12/4/01

The odds of Tajiri and Storm making it past the first round are slim to none, the Power Company is already rumored to win the tournament, if not them I'd say the DOD. As for the show it was alright, hopefully it will be better next week.

• 4 weeks later...

user posted image

Strong Style Wrestling>News>PPV Preview

user posted image

Another explosive edition of NWA's "Strong Style Wrestling" comes to you on Pay Per View this Friday from the Center in Lakewood Ohio. The Strong Style Tag Team Title Tournament will be the showcase event of the night as three teams make their in ring debut this week, and the first round will conclude, which teams will be lucky enough to advance one step closer to the Titles?

Plus after the destruction of AJ Styles last week, Strong Style Champion Ken Shamrock and Scott Norton are expected to be in attendance, the question is will AJ Styles? All this and more as Strong Style Wrestling comes at you on Pay Per View, check with your local PPV providers for more information.

Confirmed Matches:

-Tajiri & Jonny Storm Vs Todd Sexton & Tony Stradlin

-American Dragon & Low Ki Vs Jung Dragonz

-the Power Company Vs Rico & Scotty Riggs

-the Disciples of Doom Vs Colt Cabana & CM Punk

• 7 months later...