"With Teeth" Release Date

tristy

Always on the up-and-up, Blabbermouth is reporting an official European release date for With Teeth, coming from a Swedish Universal representative. As noted on Blabbermouth, European release dates from Universal tend to preceed US release dates by one day, which would mark the US release for With Teeth at May 3rd, 2005 -- which coincides with a blurb in a recent Entertainment Weekly, which was not published here because we were admittedly doubtful, and have enough rumors as it is.

Keep in mind, every single initial release date for a Nine Inch Nails release that I can remember has been pushed back, usually due to manufacturing flaws. But it's safe to say that this is a solid indicator of the time scale we're looking at, with a single probably arriving between now and May.

Apparently, Tool's should definitely be out in 2005. They had basic songs written, but due to Maynard working with APC, were just waiting for a chance to record, and get Maynard to work on what they have.

I'm also looking forward to Foo Fighters double album, System Of A Down's 2 album releases, and Slayer's new album.

This and Mudvayne's albums are the metal albums I'm really looking for in 2005. I don't care what some people say, people who haven't listened to Mudvayne (basing their opinions on Dig), Mudvayne are fucking brilliant - complex, intelligent and heavy as fuck.

Kanye West and the new Chemical Brothers albums are also must-haves.

I listen to Mudvayne, and they generally aren't very good IMO, but whatever flaots your boat. They also "technically" aren't metal...

Soilwork's new album should be good also.

There's so many genre's of metal now it's impossible to say whats what but I'm pretty sure they are metal. They might not be like power metal or anything like that but um...they are pretty damn heavy.

There is a massive difference between Mudvayne "heavy" and Cannibal Corpse/Nile/Morbid Angel "heavy". The reason I put the "" on the word technically, is because they AREN'T classified as Metal (standard), but are more Nu-Metal then anything (which many people don't classify as Metal, irrelevant of Metal being in the name), but some people may be inclined to call them Metal, it's up to them. However, anyone who is really into metal music, will laugh at you if you say that, not that that should bother you.

What's Nu-Metal about Mudvayne? Nu-Metal bands are considered to be Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Slipknot - none of whom Mudvayne sound remotely like. The only reason people ever compared Mudvayne to Slipknot is because they used to wear make-up and dress up. Oh and I think the clown had a hand in the production of LD50.

Mudvayne are more akin to bands like Dream Theatre or Tool, structure and timing wise anyway, but generally have a pretty unique sound.

Firstly, Mudvayne sound nothing like bands like Tool and Dream Theater.....they also have about 1/100th of the talent.

Nu-Metal is one of the worst genre titles, as many of the bands in Nu-Metal sound nothing alike. However, it basically incorporates bands who rap/rock (Limp Bizkit), bands who use samplers/DJ's (Linkin Park) and bands who use watered down Metal riffs/vocals (Mudvayne)

Firstly, Mudvayne sound nothing like bands like Tool and Dream Theater.....they also have about 1/100th of the talent.

Nu-Metal is one of the worst genre titles, as many of the bands in Nu-Metal sound nothing alike. However, it basically incorporates bands who rap/rock (Limp Bizkit), bands who use samplers/DJ's (Linkin Park) and bands who use watered down Metal riffs/vocals (Mudvayne)

Tool's guitarist is miles better. Being a good guitar is not just about shredding at 100 miles an hour, or whipping out riff after riff. Tool's guitarist uses his talents sparingly, but they add to the sound and dynamic of the song.

Also, if you want to see a good band relative to structure/timing/etc, check out Meshuggah.....they blow most bands out of the water.

EDIT: I have listened to Mudvayne, so it's not like I'm speaking rubbish. I know what they sound like, and what they do.

Also, integrity wise (not that that is mucho important), Tool are credible, Mudvayne generally aren't.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Tool's guitarist is miles better. Being a good guitar is not just about shredding at 100 miles an hour, or whipping out riff after riff. Tool's guitarist uses his talents sparingly, but they add to the sound and dynamic of the song.

Also, if you want to see a good band relative to structure/timing/etc, check out Meshuggah.....they blow most bands out of the water.

Edited by fineintent

I guess it comes down to a question of personal taste, but to suggest Mudvayne are a band based around shredding and riff after riff is silly - believe me, dynamically speaking their songs are quite interesting; they make really good use of theme, harmony, texutre, timbres and some pretty interesting key changes. Most important of all, they flow really well as a band.

I didn'y say exactly that...what I said was that a guitarist is much more then just a riff/shred machine. Tool's guitarist doesn't seem to do much, but what he does, works.

That comment was kinda irrelevant of the Mudvayne thing.

Wait I don't get how you can put everything that you don't like into Nu-Metal.  I have friends who like bands like Cannibal Corpse and Soylent Green who also like Mudvayne and call them metal just the same.

Did I say I put everything I don't like into Nu-Metal? I love One Minute Silence, I like Slipknot (at times), I like Mushroomhead, I like several other bands that may be called Nu-Metal.

Many people may classify nu-metal as "bands I don't like", but I don't, as I personally have nothing wrong with nu-metal bands.

Wait I don't get how you can put everything that you don't like into Nu-Metal.  I have friends who like bands like Cannibal Corpse and Soylent Green who also like Mudvayne and call them metal just the same.

Did I say I put everything I don't like into Nu-Metal? I love One Minute Silence, I like Slipknot (at times), I like Mushroomhead, I like several other bands that may be called Nu-Metal.

Many people may classify nu-metal as "bands I don't like", but I don't, as I personally have nothing wrong with nu-metal bands.

Okay first off, neither Slipknot nor Mudvayne are Nu-Metal. Nu-Metal incorporates more rap into their songs, so Slipknot's close, but not quite. Bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, 311, etc. those bands are Nu-Metal.

Mudvayne doesn't really have a "metal classification". Mudvayne is more listed just as general metal than anything else. Perhaps closer to metalcore, along the lines of Killswitch Engage and Lamb of God. Slipknot is probably along the lines of Metalcore as well, not Nu-Metal.

Nu-Metal is good, but it's the more known bands that people classify in "metal" like the Linkin Park's, Limp Bizkit's, Breaking Benjamin's, etc.

And Cannibal Corpse, etc. isn't metal, you have to have elements of each kind of metal to be classified as just metal, like Mudvayne kinda is. Cannibal Corpse, etc. are listed under the death metal label because of the sound.

So to say that Mudvayne has watered down riffs/vocals is purely a judge of personal taste, because to some people that's heavy enough.

And this topic quickly got off topic. I haven't really listened to too much NIN, but I might pick this up when it comes out. Definitely going to pick up the new Mudvayne one though, as well as the new SOAD ones when they come out.