Midget's Gaming Medley

thatshortguy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised with your grade for NBA. From the footage I've seen, it looked slow as hell. That can't be too good for the quality of the game.

Very slow, very inconsistant AI, and a shooting system that -- while a nice attempt at something new -- is way too overdone. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement, as I was really hoping 989 could pull *something* out of their collective arse and manage a decent game.

Edited by The

10.  Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell:  Chaos Theory (PS2 version played) -- B-

What happens in the game to make your grade so low? Especially, since there's major buzz and very high grades for the game nearly everywhere I look.

Then again, it's a good bet that the PS2 version is inferior to the XBox version, expecially since all the major accolades belong to that version.

Quite frankly, the Splinter Cell franchise has begun to feel like the same game with minor improvements. Sam Madden, to coin a name.

To be fair, the PS2 version lacks the graphical capabilities, but the fact that the AI still doesn't notice whenever I creep alongside them (so long as I'm in the shadows) along with the fact that it's starting to get old (imagine if Chaos Theory had come out when it was originally intended...yikes) caused that one to get a respectible, but still meh, B-.

Ok Midgeeto. I just have to ask why is Fight Night R2 so low?

Controls. The Total Punch Control just does not work, yet EA continues to drive it down our throats. Yes, I know there is a better control scheme (control config five, for those wondering), but the default controls (as well as the sometimes disorienting player movement) are what drive it to that particular grade.

Besides, the fact that you can't have custom entrance themes on the XBox version drives me crazy enough. My goth boxer does not need to come to the ring to rap music!

I agree with you on the music and entrances but Total Punch control is awesome , it takes some getting used to but after a while of playing it gets easier . when I first started playing i sucked so bad with TPC hardly throwing nothing but straights , but now man its easy.

imo it atleast deserves a B+ greater than the original in everyway and it blows the socks off of EA's ps1 boxers

I agree with you on the music  and entrances but  Total Punch control is awesome , it takes  some getting used to but after a while of playing  it gets easier . when I first started playing i sucked so bad with TPC  hardly throwing nothing but straights , but now man its easy.

imo it atleast deserves a B+ greater than the original in everyway and  it blows the  socks off of EA's  ps1 boxers