Why Can't I Work Out?

Fitzy

Alright, so I am going around and killing the gangs since I did all the missions. But as I go along, my muscle keeps decreasing. So I thought I'd head to the gym. Easy enough? Obviously not. It says I was already there today. What? I haven't been to the gym in this game in such a long time. So what the hell is going on here? Is this some kind of glitch? Am I the only one getting this problem? It seems so dumb and stupid.

I find this odd. At least I am not getting fat. I don't think I have ever had any weight put on the guy. I just want the muscle back up.

Is their some kind of cheat I could do to restore his muscle? Otherwise, he will be without muscle in no time.

Edited by Fitzy

Iwc posted something about this a while back, I'll see if I can find it. It's because of a lack of energy, a kind of hidden stat you have. You need to eat regularly to keep it up, and you need a certain amount in order to work out. My guess is that you haven't eaten in a while, and so the stat has dropped sufficiently to stop you working out.

I would advise not using DBD's cheat, since it could stop you from getting 100% complete.

The Gym Glitch

Many people have found that when going to visit a gym and trying to use equipment they constantly recieve this message:

"You have worked out enough for today, please come back tomorrow!"

Cause: Unknown/first variant of the glitch thought to be caused by repeatedly attacking people in the gyms

Solution: See below for two suggested solutions

Now this isn't a case of people needing to come back the next day, because it STILL happens no matter what.

Some people have different experiences for example some can workout at the following gyms still:

Madd Dogg's mansion gym

Beach Gym (located on the East side of the Santa Maria beach)

But cannot workout at these gyms:

Los Santos - Boxing gym

San Fierro - Marital Arts gym

Las Venturas - Below The Belt gym

Most people find that they STILL cannot use Madd Dogg's equipment or the Beach gym's equipment

People with the ability to still workout at the Madd Dogg and beach gyms should try BOTH gym glitch solutions.

I will call this varaint of the glitch G1

People who cannot use ANY gym equipment in the game should only try the second gym glitch solution as these people tend to have not attacked people in the gyms, which the appearence change tends to solve.

I will call this variant of the glitch G2

Some suggested solutions that DON'T work are:

Geting Busted

Getting Wasted

Being Sick (suggested by Take2 support)

Getting beaten up frequently (not killed but loosing a lot of health, again suggested by Take2)

Increasing fat/Decreasing fat

Decreasing muscle

Completing the Triathlon - Beat The Cock

Dying in 2 player

Please note that having 100% stamina is NOT THE CAUSE, as I have found a save of mine where I have around 80% and I still have the glitch.

Also completing the storyline missions is also NOT THE CAUSE, as I and a mate have saves just after End Of The Line (the final mission storyline mission) where we can still work out.

Some people's problem (mainly the people with G1) may be due to constantly killing people in the gyms, this is not the DEFFINATE cause as quite a lot of people (like myself, who TEND to have G2) NEVER attacked people in the gyms.

This glitch tends to happen late game.

First Gym Glitch Solution: Changing Appearence Entirely (only for G1 people)

Firstly REMOVE ALL tattoos at a tattoo parlor.

Then change your hairstyle at a barber's.

Then Buy a WHOLE set of clothing in a shop, according to someone on these forums you HAVE to BUY the following (not change in your wardrobe):

A new torso clothing

A new leg clothing - you NEED to get a new set of BOXERS from BINCO as well

A new pair of shoes

A new hat

A new set of shades

A new chain

A new watch

If that doesn't work the following memory card method has been SUGGESTED

Second Gym Glitch Solution: Memory Card Methods (for both G1 and G2 people)

Please note that for these methods, you will need a second memory card.

Method 1

Firstly load the save that has the gym bug.

Now remove your OLD memory card from the slot

Put a NEW memory card into the slot

Save on the NEW memory card

Load this save from the NEW memory card

Go to the gym

Save on the NEW memory card

Now remove the NEW memory card and put in the OLD memory card

Save over the glitched save

This should work apparently, if it doesn't, try Method 2

Method 2

Put the OLD memory card in slot 1 and the NEW memory card in slot 2.

In the Browser (available at the PS2's startup) go to the OLD memory card, select the GTA: San Andreas data, press circle to enable the Copy To function and copy this data on to the NEW memory card.

You should no longer have the glitch any more (I cannot confirm this myself, but this is the current suggested solution).

Method 3

Put the OLD memory card in slot 1 and the NEW memory card in slot 2

In the Browser (available at the PS2's startup) go to the OLD memory card, select the GTA: San Andreas data, press circle to enable the Copy To function and copy this data on to the NEW memory card.

Now exit this and start the game, thus loading the game from the NEW memory card.

Now remove the NEW memory card and insert the OLD memory card.

Save the game over the OLD memory card.

You should now be able to use the gyms (as you can see, this method is a combination of 1 and 2).

Hope this helps people with the problem, please all these suggested solutions. And PLEASE post any suggestions so that we can get this done by trial and error.

Third Gym Glitch Solution: My Starvation/Beaten Up Method

Got this method working for 4 different saves as well as 2 of a mate's saves. We tried this 3 times for each save to make sure it was this solution that was causing the gym to work.

Step 1:

Get around 40% fat if you have 100% muscle (or 100% fat if you have low muscle).

Go to the Johnson's Home safehouse

Leave the game over night with CJ just standing in the safehouse (standing in the street DOESN'T WORK

The high fat level is to ensure you DON'T die from starvation.

Step 2:

You should now still be in the safehouse (DON'T let CJ die from starvation) probably with very little health

Go outside and pick a fight with someone who will only use fists to attack you

Let them hit you until you are almost dead.

Go back in the safehouse and save.

Go outside and pick a fight again, let them hit you until you are almost dead.

Now save and go out and get beaten up (NOT till you die) another 2 times.

Now save

Step 3:

Now go back inside the Johnson home and starve CJ until he is loosing health again (CJ won't have fat or muscle now so it won't take that long), DO NOT LET HIM DIE.

Step 4:

You should now be able to use the gym (DO NOT SAVE between starving CJ in step 3 and using the gym, save AFTER using the gym, NOT BEFORE)

Use the gym once

Go back to the safehouse and save

It is advisable to delete all other savegames and just keep one savegame (as suggested in the gym glitch prevention method listed below this solution).

It seems the combination of starving untill you have no fat or muscle AT ALL and almost die, then save, then get beaten up repeatedly when you don't have fat or muscle enables you to use the gym again. You need to repeat all steps again if it doesn't work as eventually CJ will be able to work out at the gym. DO NOT let CJ die from starvation as that didn't work all the time when he died.

Pretty long, but it's lifted directly from Keith's thread. Also, the gun cheat is supposedly the only one that doesn't affect your 100% but I guess it doesn't matter if you're not bothered about it.

People with the ability to still workout at the Madd Dogg and beach gyms should try BOTH gym glitch solutions.

I will call this varaint of the glitch G1

People who cannot use ANY gym equipment in the game should only try the second gym glitch solution as these people tend to have not attacked people in the gyms, which the appearence change tends to solve.

I will call this variant of the glitch G2

Just different versions of the glitch. I only have one memory card too, so I know how you feel, I hope the first method works for you.

This is stupid. I did the first one (changing all clothes and such) and then went to the gym. That didn't work. So I ended up borrowing a memory card from a friend. I pit in the old one. I then loaded the second one and saved on that. Then I oaded the old memory card and saved it back onto that. Nothing fixed.

I tried method two where I loaded both of them. Old in slot one. New in slot two. I copied old to new. I loaded new. Nothing fixed.

I then tried method three where I loaded both of them. Old in slot one. New in slot two. I copied old to new. I loaded new and then took that out and put old into slot 1 where the new one was. I saved the game on the old one again. Nothing fixed.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? If these worked for others, why aren't they working for me?