Rant

thatshortguy

We all know that the Wavebird is the best damn wireless controller known to mankind. And since Mr. Foley isn't available to preach its awesomeness firsthand, we'll just get on with things.

Ahem.

GODDAMN THAT ACTION REPLAY AND ITS INABILITY TO WORK WITH A FREAKING WAVEBIRD! I WANNA ENTER IN CHEATS WITHOUT HAVING TO TILT THE FUCKING LEFT ANALOG STICK AT A 2-DEGREE ANGLE!

*sigh*

That is all. If you have any advice that is non-stupid, I will gladly listen.

it does? i only have max money and infinate attributes and everything unlocked

Which are the only reason for playing through season mode more than say, three times. So how does this make it a longerlasting experience?

Don't cheat.

That's a lame response, seriously, ARs aren't only used for Cheating. If you've ever had one on PS2 for SD, you'd see it makes for a more lastong gameplay experience...

Excuse me.

I WANNA ENTER IN CHEATS WITHOUT HAVING TO TILT THE FUCKING LEFT ANALOG STICK AT A 2-DEGREE ANGLE!

Did he not put the reason down as cheating? I'm sure he did. Maybe I'm just seeing thing's though.

Or,    maybe, you could, plug in the other controller, you know, the one that came with the GC. Its not that much of a pain...

Traded that one in to get the Wavebird. Those birdies cost moolah, y'know. And besides, that's the reason I nabbed the Wave...no cords, and ergo, less mess.

And yes, I do use the AR to cheat, but <lame-ass boy-scout bullshit> only after I've beaten the game or just as a means of experiencing the game in new ways </lame-ass boy-scout bullshit>.

people are constantly hacking new things for the smackdown games , like for SvR they've made it so you can play through season mode with all legends and British Bulldog , you cna use a cheat device like the Ar to make matches such as a hell in the cell tlc match and alo not to mention you can give people moves for specials that ordinarily wouldn't be specials. Like theres a hack to give anyone you want the standing shooting star press.

The only cheat device I use though is the codebreaker

Well no, but if anyone is wondering what you can do with an AR/Codebreaker/GS/Etc, for SD go to codeX. cbx.proboards22.com

You do have to sign up though, as a drawback. They've found tons of stuff, so you can have TLC HIACs and the like. Quite fun. And if both people have the code on, you can have matches like HIAC online...

Don't cheat.

That's a lame response, seriously, ARs aren't only used for Cheating. If you've ever had one on PS2 for SD, you'd see it makes for a more lastong gameplay experience...

Edited by The

I figured this part of the discussion would creep into the thread, so let's go ahead and kick yon horse once more.

Cheat codes *do* enhance the gameplay and give it a bit more replay value due to the fact that it introduces new variables that make things either easier (Invulnerability) or harder (harder difficulty levels, etc.) They're neither good or bad, really, when it comes to single-player games. If I want to keep it as is and simply go through the game with no cheats, that's cool. If you want to put in a God Mode cheat and play, that's cool, too.

The only caveat in all of this is online gaming and multiplayer gaming in general, as it defeats the purpose of even playing at all. The purpose of multiplayer games is to have fun with other teams, stats ultimately be damned (this is also why I'm still not too fond of games that keep overall stats, as it puts more emphasis on winning than having fun with others -- the "I R WINNAR" thought process).

Besides, chances are if you're running a God Mode hack on Counterstrike, your problem isn't your gaming ability, but your self-esteem.

In short: using cheat codes in a single-player game is cool. Using cheats in a multiplayer game is not cool.