"Happy?" by Mudvayne

tristy

Just received the same e-mail and listened to it a couple of times, still don't quite know what to make of it. I like it, but it's probably going to get trashed since it's more regular rhythms and straight-forward rock as opposed to their more technical stuff (then again, you've got to try new things or become extinct).

I quite like it a lot too. It's a great song and feel that if the rest of the album is like this, I highly doubt that Disturbed will be able to top this cd later in the year with their new one, although I love Disturbed.

I just love this song a lot, it's awesome as you said Tristy.

Guest PlagueUK

That's the first Mudvayne song I've ever liked, I don't particulary like Mudvayne at all but I like this one.

Of course not liking Mudvayne is kind of hard when our lass is a massive fan of theirs and cried when she found out they'd sold out of tickets for the glasgow show in march lol

My biggest problem with Mudvayne is that it seems like with each album they are becoming more and more mainstream. If you listen to that single and then go back and listen to something off LD 50, such as Death Blooms (which I think sounds pretty similar to Happy), it seems to have lost its edge. There is as Midget said missing the technical elements that I love about Mudvayne. The vocals seem to be flatter and much more produced. That said it's a good song and I'll definatly pick up the new album, but I miss the older style Mudvayne.

My biggest problem with Mudvayne is that it seems like with each album they are becoming more and more mainstream. If you listen to that single and then go back and listen to something off LD 50, such as Death Blooms (which I think sounds pretty similar to Happy), it seems to have lost its edge. There is as Midget said missing the technical elements that I love about Mudvayne. The vocals seem to be flatter and much more produced. That said it's a good song and I'll definatly pick up the new album, but I miss the older style Mudvayne.

You'll get a good fix of "End of All Things To Come"-era Mudvayne with "Fucking Determined". It has that "End of..." style of production while keeping that "L.D. 50" style of intensity.

I thought "The End Of All Things To Come" was a very good evolution of "L.D. 50". It kept the music agressive, but the instrumentation and lyrics grew by leaps and bounds.

Judging by Fucking Determined and Happy?, I think this will evolve on "The End Of All Things To Come" alittle, but it'll still trace back to their roots in "L.D. 50".