John Cena In The Next Predator Movie

THIR13EN²

20th Century Fox is strongly considering making another Predator movie to add to the franchise. The studio is considering casting John Cena in the film, more than likely for the lead role. He would most likely play the son of Dutch (Arnold Schwartzenegger) from the first Predator movie. They will probably wait to see how his first movie, "The Marine", with WWE Films turns out based on his actig ability and fan reaction.

To make this bit of news confusing, a Century Fox employee stated that the movie would not be a remake, nor a prequel, but a restart. So basically, it just takes off from the first Predator movie but before the second Predator movie (maybe). The movie could take place in current times if Dutch's son was supposed to be born after the movie took place, or it could take place sometime in the 90's if John Cena's character was already growing up during that time. More news is likely to come in after "The Marine" is released in theaters.

In related news, "Be Cool" starring The Rock is coming out soon. Triple H is lined up to play the lead role in the new Conan movie, ironicly playing Schwarzenegger's son as well. Triple H and The Rock are currently both up for the lead role in "Masters of the Universe". The Rock also has the film version of Spy Hunter coming up soon as well as many other projects.

Partial Source: LatinoReview.com

Just quickly, why does Masters of the Universe need remaking? The original is good for what it is, and even with the new version of the cartoon the characters aren't as popular as they were mid-80's. Plus if they leave out the bald guy who starred in all the big movies of the 80's (MOTU, Top Gun, Back to the Future, forget his name) it won't be the same.

The rest sounds confusing yet amusing.

Guest The Dark Vampire

James Tolkan was the bald guy

Eat lead, slackers one of my favourite movie quotes

If they did remake He Man it couldn’t be any worse than the first live action movie they did which was just an insult. They left out all but 4 of the characters (they had He Man-Tella-Man at Arms and Skeletor.

They never had He-Man as Prince Adam or even mention the fact he was really Adam. And they even forgot to put Cringer/Battlecat in it. I really think that was what killed He Man off in the 80’s one of the crappest films ever made IMO of course

But have Adam and He Man played by different ppl like in the more modern cartoon where he is a lot different

20th Century Fox is strongly considering making another Predator movie to add to the franchise. The studio is considering casting John Cena in the film, more than likely for the lead role. He would most likely play the son of Dutch (Arnold Schwartzenegger) from the first Predator movie. They will probably wait to see how his first movie, "The Marine", with WWE Films turns out based on his actig ability and fan reaction.

Interesting, to say the least.

Kinda hits me as ironic too. Back in maybe July or August, I don't remember which, I did a Predator 3 screenplay which I had posted in the Diary Cube. Although, IIRC, they (20th Century Fox) did approach The Rock to play Dutch's son as well. Apparently that's fallen through.

To make this bit of news confusing, a Century Fox employee stated that the movie would not be a remake, nor a prequel, but a restart. So basically, it just takes off from the first Predator movie but before the second Predator movie (maybe). The movie could take place in current times if Dutch's son was supposed to be born after the movie took place, or it could take place sometime in the 90's if John Cena's character was already growing up during that time. More news is likely to come in after "The Marine" is released in theaters.

I think all of that's a bad idea, setting in the 90s, especially if they wanted it to be a prequel. I love the way Predator 1 and 2 play into each other, and adding a chapter between is just killing that, not to mention confusing audiences. I'm more in favor of current times.

In related news, "Be Cool" starring The Rock is coming out soon. Triple H is lined up to play the lead role in the new Conan movie, ironicly playing Schwarzenegger's son as well. Triple H and The Rock are currently both up for the lead role in "Masters of the Universe". The Rock also has the film version of Spy Hunter coming up soon as well as many other projects.

No no no.....Rocky as He-Man, and Triple H as Skeletor...

"Skeletor: I am the master of the universe He-Man, and there's nothing you can do about it, I'm that damn good.

Flair: Wooo!!! That's right! I was the master of universe before, and now, the champ, is the Master of the Universe!

He-Man: Whoa whoa whoa whao whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA! You want to come into He-Man's universe, and tell He-Man, who the master of the universe is? Is that what you're thinking?

Skeletor: Well yeah...

He-Man: IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! What He-Man's going to do, is take his sword, turn it sideways, dust if off, and stick it straight up your candy ass. And then, the billions and billions of He-Man's fans are going to watch He-Man layeth, the Smacketh, down....I HAAAAAAAAAVVVVEEEEEEE..........the power!

JR: Well King, tonight, Skeletor and He-Man! What a sloberknocker!"

LOL, oh, I can dream, right?

Ahh you are bringing back good memoires. I HAVE THE POWER!

I think that was on everyday after Ghostbusters (well, back in like, 1989, when I lived in Michigan)

James Tolkan was the bald guy

Eat lead, slackers one of my favourite  movie quotes

If they did remake He Man it couldn’t be any worse than the first live action movie they did which was just an insult. They left out all but 4 of the characters (they had He Man-Tella-Man at Arms and Skeletor.

They never had He-Man as Prince Adam or even mention the fact he was really Adam. And they even forgot to put Cringer/Battlecat in it. I really think that was what killed He Man off in the 80’s one of the crappest films ever made IMO of course

But have Adam and He Man played by different ppl like in the more modern cartoon where he is a lot different

Guest The Dark Vampire

7 characters. You skipped Beastman, The Sorceress and (best evil name ever) Evil Lyn. And two different people would be extremely confusing, in the cartoon He-Man was just a bit taller and wider, his facial features stayed the same but wider.

Edited by The Dark Vampire