"The Office" American Version

Ananas

The Office

Plot Outline: A single-camera mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium. Based on the hit BBC series.

Cast:

Credited cast:

Brian Baumgartner ....  Kevin

Steve Carell ....  Michael Scot

David Denman ....  Roy

Jenna Fischer ....  Pam Beesley

John Krasinski ....  Jim Halpert

B.J. Novak ....  Ryan

Rainn Wilson ....  Dwight Schrute

Guest Ringmaster

Personally, the original never really did anything for me. I've caught a peak at the first show for the US one, its identitcal to the first UK one, although allegedly they're gonna be using new material from then on. It's a pity though, because Carell is fantastic.

Edited by Ringmaster

My thought is, the original was good and amusing and at times very funny but not quite worth all the critical plaudits it got. I was very sceptical about a US version because I knew that the humour, blunt sarcasm and heavy irony wouldn't particularly work. And I haven't changed my opinion. Remakes always suck, especially remaking comedy series with new leads (didn't the US have a go at Red Dwarf with a new cast at some stage?!)

Stick with the original and stop cashing in on inferior remakes.

My thought is, the original was good and amusing and at times very funny but not quite worth all the critical plaudits it got. I was very sceptical about a US version because I knew that the humour, blunt sarcasm and heavy irony wouldn't particularly work. And I haven't changed my opinion. Remakes always suck, especially remaking comedy series with new leads (didn't the US have a go at Red Dwarf with a new cast at some stage?!)

Stick with the original and stop cashing in on inferior remakes.