New Punisher movie

Johnny Latino Heat

Hey Guys- 

Love the site, been a big fan for years, but this is my first contribution....so enjoy :) 

Today I attened the Dallas Comic Con Convention which featured Sean Astin, Thomas Jane and Steve Niles (Writer of the comics 30 Days of Night, Fused) 

All three held Question and Answer sessions.  Sean was by himself and Jane and Niles appeared together.  Nothing big from the Astin session, except that every time he talks to Steven Spielberg, Spielberg always starts the conversation with, "You are still up for Goonies 2, right?" which Sean always answers with a "yes!" 

The Jane/Niles session had some really juicy tidbits thought: 

1. Niles said that Columbia has put a rush on the movies version of 30 Days of Night.  Based on the success of The Grudge and Boogeyman, the rush was just put out this week and it is now second in line in production for them behind, he believes, is Scarecrow. 

2. Niles has pitched five of his comics, and all five have been picked up for production recently, including 30 Days of Night, Fused, Hyde and Aleister Arcane (The 5th one slips my mind). 

And here is the big news of the day....... 

3. The moderator asked Thomas Jane about there being rumors of a possible Punisher 2.  Thomas' respone was....."Oh, is that still just a rumor?"  We all perked up, Niles asked Jane if he could talk about this, and Thomas said "Why Not."  Jane let the cat out of the bag and told the room that yesterday at a studio in north Dallas (he dropped the name, but I don't remember it), they filmed the teaser for Punisher 2.  Tom O'Brien, the cover art model of Frank Castle for the Punisher comics who was also at the Con, was also at the shoot yesterday in full costume.  Jane said that on his phone, he owns the only picture of himself and the "real" Punisher, both in full costume, standing next to each other.  No word on when or where we will see this trailer though. 

4. Jane said that while the script is not finished, he is working closely with the team.  He said that he is doing EVERYTHING he can do to get the setting moved to the borroughs of New York and that Jigsaw is "more than likely" going to be the villian in the movie. 

It was a great Con, Thomas Jane was freaking amazing, very down to earth, very personable.  As you can tell from above, he had no problem talking about anything and everything, unlike Sean Astin, who was cool, but answered most of his questions with "I have to be careful about what I talk about because it will start rumors on the internet." 

Keep up the great work guys!!! 

If you use this, call me "Skipper Ben"

It's basicly sort of like Spider-Man 2 how the people turned on him. For instance, Daredevil, and Spider-Man both get reported in the newspaper, well eventually the positive hype dies down, and J Jonah Jameson just like in the Spider-Man movies reports them as a menace. Punisher looks into it usually, and sometimes is hired by someone who is actually 'evil'. So Punisher gets hired, and goes against the good guys who he's been told have commited many crimes. For instance Punisher went after Spidey because he believes that he had something to do with the dissapearance of Mary Jane Watson(Cartoon and a bit of the comic storyline there). Punisher kept seeing that Mary Jane/Peter Parker/Spider-Man were all connected. Eventually he believed Peter was the green goblin, and Spider-Man and Green Gob were in 'cohoots' just like Gob wanted in the first Spidey movie.

The Punisher went after Hulk because he is a menace, and actually has killed the innocent and injured one guy, the one guy he thought was purely innocent(He had been taking photos in the area as he was a super-hero guru) so that's why he went after Hulk. Also the same applies like Spidey with Daredevil. Wolverine and Punisher were both military people from different nations, and have had run ins with each other while doing there work.

Oh there was once a 'marvel team up' 4 issue special where Punisher/Spidey/Wolvy/Daredevil/Dr. Strange all teamed up to 'save the universe' as like the new fantastic five or something like that.

Punisher has been after Elektra because she's a thief, and been after The Kingpin. His family sort of died because of the Kingpin in the comics, but it's never verified that he really was the mob boss responsible. Frankly though, we all know Kingpin did it.

I found some info on that while looking for who Jigsaw was, and it would be interesting to see indeed. What was his justification for going after the heros like Daredevil and the like?

http://james_harden.tripod.com/html/body_characters.html

Edited by Y2Johnny

I also seem to remember an issue of either Spider-Man or The Punisher where Punisher & Spidey are working together. It's most memorable to me because they're working their way up a skyscraper and Spidey gets knocked out, leading to Punisher using his unconscious body as a sort of shield :lol: