Wrestle Association "R"

Agahnim Demen

The Takada/Arlovski one is meant to be an actual shoot fight, and to be honest I'm not sure Takada could keep up with a UFC Heavyweight Champion in this day and age. Don't get me wrong though, I've got a lot of love for Generalissimo Takada.

As for the DQ.. I can think of two that were in NJPW this year, and there was one in NOAH last month. Granted they weren't big shows, but they do still happen. Not something I plan on doing regularly though.

I've got many, many ideas, so if you're enjoying this diary just now I think I can safely say that this is only the beginning. Ikuzo!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally loved the card. Milano v Liger, woo!

I'll give time on the DQ, if it doesn't become a trend it won't bother me. The Takada match does bug me a bit though. Not that Takada is a shoot fighting king. He's not at all, but in shoot style he's excellent, so it seems like a poor use of him putting him in a true shoot. The slam for the win, named finisher, and use of a ten count all came off as move shoot style than a true shoot match. All of which leaves poor Miko confused.:)

The 10 count is used in K-1 Rules, so it is a legitimate shoot fighting system. The move itself won't have been exactly the same as the name finisher, more than likely it would just resemble it slightly, as 'variations' of the Russian Neck Drop move are seen in shoot fighting from time to time. I'd like to leave some mystery behind whether or not the shoot fights are legitimate or not, as some might be and others might not. Thanks for all the feedback folks, it helps a lot.

Good show overall, just thought I would break things down, talk about what I liked, and didn't...

1. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa defeat Masaaki Mochizuki & Ishi Mori when Mishima hits a Powerbomb Pin on Ishi Mori. (10:09)

Great stuff here. Iwasa/Mishima legit is perfect and could be built as future challengers or even tag champions later down the road. Mori was perfect to take the loss here. Big thumbs up.

2. Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger ends in DQ when Masaaki Mochizuki interferes. (12:02)

Bad, bad booking. Even if it was to turn Mochi heel, this was still bad booking. He should have had Liger distract the referee, and then Mochi attack. A DQ finish is such a bad finish to a match this big. In real life, the fans would have slaughtered the finish, and so I will here. Disappointment :(

3. Bill Goldberg defeats Nobutaka Araya with the Jackhammer. (07:45)

As I said before, your roster is amazing, why do you need shit like Goldberg. I was not interested at all.

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © defeat Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Takashi Sugiura when TOKYO hits a Shooting Star Press on Sugiura. (V3) (19:44)

Great tag match. Good length, making it seem Sug and Kanemaru are credible champions. Strong defence, giving the titles a lot more prestige.

5. Different Style Fight: Andrei Arlovski defeats Nobuhiko Takada when Takada cannot answer to the 10 count after a Russian Neck Drop variation. (08:47)

I agree with why Takada didn't win. I am still confused if this was supposed to be legit, or a worked shoot. If it was a worked shoot, Takada should have gone over, no question. Otherwise, you should have randomed it.

6. Riki Choshu vs. Toshiaki Kawada comes to a draw when the time limit expires. (30:00)

Good, strong match. I still think Kawada should have gone over, but oh well. Keeps both men strong.

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title: The Great Sasuke © defeats Sasuke The Great with The Waterfall. (V1) (19:05)

Way too high on the card, considering Sasuke The Great is nothing. Bad booking to the match IMO, and too much length. Sasuke should have won in 10 minutes. And what the hell is The Waterfall? Bizarre... Sasuke is a strong champion though, should be built to put over a younger person later on. Stay away from Sasuke/Liger/Mochi etc.

8. Genichiro Tenryu defeats Shiro Koshinaka with a Powerbomb Pin. (21:31)

Koshinaka looked very strong here. He is a future champion, and should be gradually, and slowly built. Maybe a few failed shots at Tenryu, in tags etc. Build a feud between the two, much like the Kawada/Misawa feud was built.

9. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki defeat Kenta Kobashi , Go Shiosaki & Tiger Emperor via submission when Fujita uses a sleeper hold on Shiosaki. (V2) (34:29)

YES~! I was looking forward to this match. Greatly written, and the right team went over. Team No Fear are so dominant. Great stuff. Too long of a match though.

10. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © defeats Katsuyori Shibata with a Northern Lights Bomb. (V2) (20:55)

YAY~! REALLY GOOD MATCH~! Very strong. I still don't dig Shibata as a big threat, and am glad the time was showcasing that.

Shibata throws Kensuke to the steel railings, but Kensuke bounces off them like they were ropes and comes back with a lariat, knocking down Shibata onto the hard mats.

THAT WAS SOOOO BADASSSS~! I am SOOO stealing that one day... Really great stuff there :D

Other thoughts:

Mochizuki should side with Liger, and take on Milano, but Milano needs a credible partner, maybe somehow he can form an alliance with Sasuke.

Takayama is an EXCELLENT challenger to the J-1 Title, and if he can take it, I will be so happy. If not, a great defence. Takayama and No Fear are really great in WAR, I am digging it~!

Just a couple of nags. The match times are WAY too long. It was a 10 match card, so some matches should have been sprints, with very short match times, with some of your bigger matches having longer times. You had 3 1/2 hours of matches, not including entrances, and all the other stuff that would have gone on. This would have gone for around 5 hours straight, if not a bit more. Way too long for a realistic show. (I am an advocate of realism) :D

It is only me here, but I am still bugged by some American names of moves that you talk about. Thats only me though, because I am all Puro Elitist and all <_<:P

GREAT SHOW~! Looking forward to the development of some wrestlers, and future feuds. Sasaki/Takayama SAIKYO ICHIBAN~!

With regards to Milano vs. Liger being a DQ, thats pretty much the sole reason it was so low on the card.

I'm not a huge fan of Gaijin workers either, but I've got good plans for Goldberg and friends that may help you warm up to them a little. I think AJPW in the 90s set a good standard for how Gaijin workers can be used and I may try and emulate some of that.

I'll be honest, I've no idea where I got 'The Waterfall' from, I was quite tired at that point and just copied that from the TEW results. Seems that the data I'm using has decided that he uses a finisher by that name. For all intensive purposes, its a Swanton Bomb.

The mistake I'm making with match times that I'm noticing now is that I'd pretty much using the times that I gave the matches in TEW which means those matches add up to three hours. I forgot to take into account though that the match times in TEW mean enterances and so forth as well, so you can see where I've gone wrong.

I've been keeping the move names quite Western as many of my readers wont have that great a knowledge of the puro names for particular moves. Sorry if it ruins your enjoyment of the show. :P

Well, I'm heading to Italy early tomorrow and will be back on Monday, when I intend on putting together the next tour. It might take me a little while to get it organised, and I've been enjoying making posters recently so that might take a day or two off as well. Should be a good tour though, I've got loads of ideas... Get ready for WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH 2005~~!

14th July 2005

user posted image

Tatsumi Fujinami returned to New Japan Pro Wrestling today, where he revealed some disturbing information about his stint in Wrestle Association "R". Fujinami revealed that he was a plant in WAR under orders from Antonio Inoki, to scout the promotion and ensure that it doesn't grow to a point where it may be competiton for NJPW. WAR vs. NJPW was a concurrent theme in the mid 90s, and Fujinami stated that we may see such a battle again, now that Wrestle Association "R" has really begun to find its legs. Fujinami made clear that an army would be dispatched to infiltrate and destroy Wrestle Association "R", but gave no indication as to who would be in this army, or whether this was on the behalf of the regular army, or Black New Japan; as before Fujinami joined WAR, there was talk of him joining with Masahiro Chono's BNJ. He concluded by stating that there would be no revolution, that WAR was a plague inflicted upon the Japanese professional wrestling world; that he knew certain things about Wrestle Association "R" learned from his time there, that would be crucial information during a potential WAR and NJPW battle.

-------------

Note: NJPW show in Milan kicked much ass.

Edited by Ganon Dun

16th July 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a press conference alongside Owner Genichiro Tenryu and Yoshihiro Asai. Takei unveiled a teaser poster for the upcoming South to North 2005 tour, as well as the dates, but Asai also had something to reveal. One of the dates on the tour would have the name 'The Dragon Awakes', wherein Asai revealed that he would be making a few changes under the supervision of Tenryu.

user posted image

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005

20/07/05

Kagoshima Prefectural Gymnasium

27/07/05

Hokkaido Sports Center

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005 - The Dragon Awakens

03/08/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

10/08/05

Nakoku City Gymnasium

17/08/05

Fukuoka West Japan Exhibition Hall

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH 2005

24/08/05

Tokyo Budokan Hall

Edited by Ganon Dun

17th July 2005

user posted image

Magnum TOKYO revealed at a promotional conference for South To North that he and Darkness Dragon were very secure in their reign as WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, and now wished to bring all the junior gold into Do FIXER. He and K-Ness would spend this tour backing Masato Yoshino as the new challenger for The Great Sasuke's International Junior Heavyweight Title, and would not be defending their tag titles this tour so as to spend more time training with Yoshino, and preparing him for a match with Sasuke.

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei revealed many of the matches that would happen throughout the South To North Series.

user posted image

20/07/05

1. Arashi vs. Nobukazu Hirai

2. Kendo Kashin vs. Takuya Sugawara

3. Katsuyori Shibata vs. Shigeo Okumura

4. Milano Collection AT & Ryuji Ito vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Yokosuka

5. Magnum TOKYO, Darkness Dragon & Masato Yoshino vs. Super Shisa, Taiji Ishimori & Kengo Mashimo

6. Genichiro Tenryu & Raimu Mishima vs. Jinsei Shinzaki & CIMA

7. Yoshihiro Takayama & Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Riki Choshu

27/07/05

Hokkaido Sports Center

1. Naohiro Hoshikawa vs. Koji Ishinriki

2. Sasuke The Great vs. Ryuji Ito

3. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa vs. Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo

4. Jushin Thunder Liger, Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Yoshino vs. The Great Sasuke, Milano Collection AT & Taiji Ishimori

5. Katsuyori Shibata & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Araya

6. Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Nobuhiko Takada

03/08/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

1. Ryuma Go vs. Andrei Arlovski

2. Masaaki Satake vs. Toshiaki Kawada

3. Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami vs. Tiger Emperor user posted image & Super Shisa

4. Kensuke Sasaki & Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki

10/08/05

Nakoku City Gymnasium

17/08/05

1. Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kensuke Sasaki, Kenta Kobashi user posted image & Go Shiosaki user posted image

24/08/05

Tokyo Budokan Hall

1. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

Edited by Ganon Dun

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005 20/07/05

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005, 20/07/05

2,800 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Arashi defeats Nobukazu Hirai when he hits the Frog Splash. (6:35)

2. Kendo Kashin defeats Takuya Sugawara via submission with a Cross Armbreaker. (7:23)

3. Katsuyori Shibata defeats Shigeo Okumura with a Back Suplex Pin. (9:52)

4. Masaaki Mochizuki & Susumu Yokosuka defeat Milano Collection AT & Ryuji Ito when Mochizuki used a Dragon Suplex on Ito. (12:41)

5. Magnum TOKYO, Darkness Dragon & Masato Yoshino defeat Super Shisa, Taiji Ishimori & Kengo Mashimo when Yoshino hits Another Space on Shisa. (15:14)

6. Genichiro Tenryu & Raimu Mishima defeat Jinsei Shinzaki & CIMA when Tenryu hits the 55-Year-Old on CIMA. (15:48)

7. Yoshihiro Takayama & Kazuyuki Fujita defeat Kensuke Sasaki & Riki Choshu when Takayama hits the Everest German Suplex on Sasaki. (26:52)

Accompanied to the ring by Genichiro Tenryu, Arashi makes an impressive debut to this recent incarnation of Wrestle Association "R" as he makes quick work of Nobukazu Hirai in little time. Backstage later, Tenryu reveals that he intends on doing whatever it takes to really create a 'Super Revolution' in Japanese professional wrestling.

Kendo Kashin accompanied by Kazunari Murakami goes head to head with former Dragon Gate regular Takuya Sugawara. Sugawara certainly provides very strong competition for Kashin, but the questionable tactics used by the masked trickster allow him to secure the upper hand. The match comes to its conclusion when Kashin locks in the Cross Armbreaker.

An very angry Kaytsuyori Shibata shows how much he had improved over the last month when he was preparing for his J-1 title shot. He methodically picks apart Okumura for the majority of the bout, and finishes it off with a Backdrop Suplex Pin. When addressing reporters backstage, Shibata said that he was working on an idea at the moment which he would reveal when he was ready.

A vicious Mochizuki makes a particular point of doing as much damage as possible to Milano Collection AT during their tag bout. Young Ryuji Ito is overcome by the aggressiveness of Mochizuki, when Mochizuki hits a Dragon Suplex Pin on him. Afterwards backstage, Mochizuki told reporters that he was sick of being a lacky of Milano when he himself knew that he was capable of so much more. He stated that in reality it was only a matter of time before he came into his own.

Do FIXER peform their lengthy trademark dance routine before this match goes underway, where they reveal that their skills and coordination in the ring is just as good as their dancing. Yoshino looks to be in great shape, and uses 'Another Space' (a Blue Thunder Driver variation) to get the win over Shisa. Afterwards Yoshino stated that he was confident in his ability to become the International Junior Heavyweight Champion, and that with the backing of TOKYO and K-Ness is was simply an inevitability.

Tenryu and Mishima make their way to the ring together accompanied by Arashi and Takamichi Iwasa, whereas Shinzaki and CIMA only have each other. From start to finish, the bout is a numbers game for Shinzaki and CIMA, as they try to fight off four men. It becomes more than the two can handle as Tenryu hits the 55-Year-Old on CIMA to get the win. When the match ends, it seems as if Tenryu isn't quite finished with CIMA and Shinzaki yet. Tenryu and his associates continue to beat down their two opponents, but are met with oppostion as the Heisei Ishingun stable lead by Koshinaka make their way to the ring and the aid of Shinzaki and CIMA.

The man who the press are now calling 'Mr. J-1' Kensuke Sasaki found the odds stacked heavily against him as Revolution Warrior Choshu abandons him half way through the match for what appeared to be no reason. Kensuke fights well against Takayama and Fujita, but the odds overwhelm him, and Takamaya scores the pinfall with an Everest German Suplex; in what may well be the first loss of Kensuke in WAR. When press approach Choshu, he claims that this isn't the way his career is going to continue, that some drastic changes are going to have to take place for him to carry on his career in the way he wants to. He apologises to Kensuke for abandoning him during such a big match, but claims that he didn't feel like he was in the right place. Kensuke told reporters that he doesn't care that Choshu left, stating that at times the path of a champion can be a lonely and difficult one, that this is a path he was always prepared to take. Takayama celebrated with Fujita and Suzuki backstage and told reporters that this was proof of his strength, and that it was only a matter of time before he held the J-1 Heavyweight Title.

Edited by Ganon Dun

I'm enjoying this! I check it everyday but never post so I thought today I'd drop a comment!

Its a fun little read and it's more Puroresu in the Dome so thats cool!

You've built the characters up well and I can see this going far!

'D'

22nd July 2005

Kensuke Sasaki made an entry in his online blog in relation to his impending defence of the Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title.

user posted image

" ..I can't say that I am surprised by the request of Takayama to face me for the J-1 Title; I have known him to have difficulty in the past when he isn't at the top of anything he is a part of. Regardless, as I said in Kagoshima, the path of a champion can be a lonely and difficult one, and I'm sure that any other champion today would agree with me on that. Especially if you intend to be a respectable person throughout your title reign, as there are some who would surround themselves with guards to help them defend their titles. I have changed my training regime slightly, as I have faced Takayama in the past and am aware of what he is capable of. He is just as tough as Tenryu-san, if not more so and will no doubt be very focused when he faces me. I congratulate him for his victory over myself recently, but in Tokyo he will find it much more difficult.. "

user posted image

Kazuyuki Fujita spoke to reporters recently outside of the WAR Offices. He claimed that he was happy for Takayama that he had managed to get himself a shot at the Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title. However, he added that while he was pleased with being one third of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions, he was not happy with always being second in everything. Fujita said that he would be behind Takayama on his path to becoming the J-1 Heavyweight Champion, but again stressed that he has never been content with being second in anything, but chose not to elaborate when questioned by reporters.

24th July 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a press conference alongside Riki Choshu to reveal the full card for the next show. Riki Choshu told reporters that on the next event, he would be teaming up with Genichiro Tenryu against the Heisei Ishingun stable; claiming that this stable reflects the lack of purpose he felt over the past month or so, whereas he is much more interested in being an important factor in Tenryu's Super Revolution.

Takei announced that legendary junior Yoshihiro Asai would be wrestling for WAR again on the 03/08 'The Dragon Awakens' show, but did not reveal any additional matches for that event. Takei then revealed the full card for the 27/07 Sapporo show;

27/07/05

Hokkaido Sports Center

1. Naohiro Hoshikawa vs. Koji Ishinriki

2. Sasuke The Great vs. Ryuji Ito

3. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa vs. Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo

4. Jushin Thunder Liger, Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Yoshino vs. The Great Sasuke, Milano Collection AT & Taiji Ishimori

5. Katsuyori Shibata & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Araya

6. Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Nobuhiko Takada

7. Genichiro Tenryu, Riki Choshu & Arashi vs. Shiro Koshinaka, Jinsei Shinzaki & Tatsutoshi Goto

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005 27/07/05

WAR: SOUTH TO NORTH SERIES 2005, 27/07/05

Hokkaido Sports Center

4,912 Fans

1. Naohiro Hoshikawa defeats Koji Ishinriki with the Comet Kick. (06:03)

2. Sasuke The Great defeats Ryuji Ito with a Moonsault. (08:21)

3. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa defeat Super Shisa & Kengo Mashimo when Iwasa hits a Float-Over Enziguri on Mashimo. (11:46)

4. Jushin Thunder Liger, Masaaki Mochizuki & Masato Yoshino defeat The Great Sasuke, Milano Collection AT & Taiji Ishimori vis sumbmission, when Yoshino uses an STF variation on Ishimori. (15:57)

5. Katsuyori Shibata & Toshiaki Kawada defeat Ryuma Go & Nobutaka Araya when Kawada hits a Dangerous Backrop on Araya. (13:30)

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Nobuhiko Takada defeat Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki when Sasaki hits the Northern Lights Bomb on Suzuki. (18:05)

7. Genichiro Tenryu, Riki Choshu & Arashi defeat Shiro Koshinaka, Jinsei Shinzaki & Tatsutoshi Goto when Choshu executes a Backdrop Suplex on Goto. (19:12)

Hoshikawa seconded by Tatsutoshi Goto had little difficulty overcoming veteran worker Ishinriki, executing his trademark Comet Kick (Diving Enziguri) to pick up the victory. Afterwards, Hoshikawa told reporters that he felt the Heisei Ishingun would have an extremely difficult road to travel from here on, but that it was a road he was more than prepared to face. He said that he had made strong friendships within this stable, and that they have a shared interest in preventing Tenryu from perverting professional wrestling to suit himself.

Ryuji Ito attempts to gain the respect and admiration of the Wrestle Association "R" fans in this bout, when he faces off against an experienced veteran of WAR in Sasuke The Great. He puts up an admirable fight, but is overcome by the experience of his opponent, when Sasuke The Great executes a moonsault to pick up the win.

'The Revolution Brothers' make another strong impression in an impressive bout against Super Shisa and Kengo Mashimo. The two former Florida Brothers prove that they have put comedy far behind them, picking up the victory when Iwasa hits a float-over Enziguri on Mashimo.

Fifteen minutes of non-stop fast paced action was delivered from the third bout of the night from six of Wrestle Association "R"'s best junior wrestlers. Many in this bout had a score to settle, or something to prove, with Masaaki Mochizuki looking to harm Milano Collection AT in any way possible, and Masat Yoshino hoping to prove himself as a worthy opponent for WAR International Junior Heavyweight Champion, The Great Sasuke. Yoshino, accompanied to the ring by Do FIXER team mates Magnum TOKYO and Darkness Dragon is very impressive in this bout. TOKYO and K-Ness take a bucket of water and a towel to the ring, and occassionally call for breaks to the action so as to tend to Yoshino; acting as coaches. Mochizuki looks very focused and intense as he desperately tries to get to grips with Milano Collection AT, attempting to improve his superiority over his former Nuovo Italian Connection team mate. The bout eventually reaches its end when Yoshino forces Taiji Ishimori to tap to an STF variation.

Shibata and Kawada team up in this match, facing two regulars of the early WAR incarnation, Ryuma Go and Nobutaka Araya. The four have a very intense and physical bout, but Araya and Go are overcome by the strength of their opponents and Kawada hits a Dangerous Backdrop on Araya to secure a victory. Shibata told reporters backstage that this was stage one of his plan, and that within the next few days he would reveal everything about his idea.

Another physically intense battle would follow when Japan J-1 Champion Kensuke Sasaki teams up with Nobuhiko Takada to take on two thirds of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions, Minoru Suzuki and Kazuyuki Fujita. Kensuke's challenger for the J-1 title, Yoshihiro Takayama, was doing commentary for this bout, speaking on his confidence about becoming the next Japan J-1 Champion. Fujita looked particularly focused here, and took several opportunities to single out and damage Kensuke as much as possible. The J-1 Champion was in great condition however, and managed to secure success for his team; executing his Northern Lights Bomb on Minoru Suzuki. Fujita appeared to be very frustrated with the result.

Genichiro Tenryu alongside Choshu, Arashi, Mishima and Iwasa came to the ring with large flags that had the words 'Revolution Army' across them. Koshinaka alongside Goto, Shinzaki, TARU, Hoshikawa and CIMA also held flags with the Heisei Ishingun name across them. The anger and frustration of the Ishingun representatives was very visible throughout this bout, and the questionable tactics of the Revolution Army were on full display; distracting the referee as often as possible, and using their flags as weapons whenever someone rolled to the outside. The match came to its conclusion when Choshu rolled through a Goto backdrop attempt, and hit a Backdrop suplex of his own. The Revolution Army quickly made its way to the back as the Heisei Ishingun stable armed themselves in preperation for any post match attacks Tenryu and company may have been thinking about. Koshinaka expressed afterwards that the Heisei Ishingun stable was prepared to do whatever was necessary to put a stop to the so called Revolution planned by Tenryu.

Edited by Ganon Dun

29th July 2005

user posted image

When reporters caught up with Katsuyori Shibata, he unveiled the plan he had mentioned earlier;

"My plan is simple; introduce WAR International Heavyweight Tag Team Titles. Place them on myself, and my partner Kawada, and you have a winning combination right there. Immediately they will be of more worth and interest than the Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title, as everyone is already bored of Kensuke Sasaki, and in myself and Kawada you have two people who have already challenged for the Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title. There is so much strong competition for a Heavyweight Tag Title that it makes sense. How about it Takei? I await your response."

Yoshihiro Asai also spoke briefly with press today, stating that on the next WAR event, the Dragon would rise from the ashes and bring about a new era that will forever be remembered in pro wrestling.

30th July 2005

Shiro Koshinaka held a press conference today, resided over by Yoshiaki Fujiwara, where he had this to say;

"I have come to express my severe disappointment in the actions of Riki Choshu as of late. When I took part in the World Japan events, I remember Choshu was a man of great pride and vision with goals and ambitions for what was then his promotion. It seems that he may still be recovering from the damage that comes from running a promotion that comes to failure.. and is clinging on to someone has actually recovered from such failures in the past, in Genichiro Tenryu. What he fails to see however, is that Tenryu is a miserable, stubborn, selfish and arrogant old man, bent on using WAR as a tool to promote himself. To see you drop to his level, and fall for his propganda, is truly disheartening. If making you realise that you no longer have a place within a professional wrestling ring is the only thing that will make you realise the error of these ways, then so be it. I challenge you to a singles match, anywhere and at any time. Defeated at my hands, perhaps you will realise that being one of Tenryu's henchmen is no way to strengthen your career."

Ryuma Go also spoke breifly with reporters today, responding in part to recent statements made by Katsuyori Shibata about a heayweight tag title. Go stated that he personally was very fond of the idea, and felt that if he had the right partner, he has what it takes to be a strong competitor in a heavyweight tag team division. To conclude, he added that in the coming weeks he would be searching all over Japan for the right partner.

Edited by Ganon Dun

1st August 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a press conference today alongside Genichiro Tenryu, to reveal more matches for the remainder of the tour. Before he began, he mentioned that he had heard the statement made by Katsuyori Shibata regarding the creation of WAR International Heavyweight Tag Team Titles, and claimed that he would take this into deliberation. Tenryu told reporters that he has spoken to Riki Choshu recently regarding a singles bout between him and Koshinaka, and a date has been agreed upon for the bout. He continued by stating that at the next event, he would have a mystery partner who would not be revealed until the event itself.

The next event features the return to WAR of Pro Wrestling NOAH's GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion, Tiger Emperor. The remainder of the tour looks like this so far;

03/08/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

1. Takuya Sugawara vs. Taiji Ishimori

2. Ryuma Go vs. Andrei Arlovski

3. Masaaki Satake vs. Toshiaki Kawada

4. Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami vs. Tiger Emperor user posted image & Super Shisa

5. The Great Sasuke & Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & Masaaki Mochizuki

6. Kensuke Sasaki & Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki

7. Genichiro Tenryu & X vs. Shiro Koshinaka & Naohiro Hoshikawa

10/08/05

Nakoku City Gymnasium

1. Kensuke Sasaki & Kengo Mashimo vs. Lion Heart & Masashi Aoyagi

2. The Great Sasuke & Milano Collection AT vs. Masato Yoshino & Masaaki Mochizuki

3. Riki Choshu vs. Shiro Koshinaka

17/08/05

1. Takamichi Iwasa vs. CIMA

2. Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kensuke Sasaki, Kenta Kobashi user posted image & Go Shiosaki user posted image

24/08/05

Tokyo Budokan Hall

1. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Yoshihiro Takayama