Inspire Me!

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Guest Booker T & The MG's

I took this from one of the festival websites. It may have been done before.

It goes like this, choose one from each of the following catergories which you would recommend to someone.

Website

Game (Computer or Non-Computer)

CD

Movie

Book

---------------------

My choices are.

Website - TV Cream

I'm not brilliant at finding random websites but this is great. Old school TV shows galore, Bullseye, Knightmare, The Krypton Factor they're all here.

Game - Sensible World Of Soccer

In it's day it was the ultimate football game. Today it remains one of the most addictive and playable football games of all time. It's available on freeware across the net so pick yourself up a copy!

CD - Kraftwerk -Trans-Europe Express

Many people debate over which is there best album, but this is there most accessible. A perfect piece of work from the most influential band of the last 30 years

Listen to this staggering piece of work and there subsiquent works and you will find the roots of Dance, House, Techno, Electro, Ambient and Industrial music and Kraftwerk's huge inprint on the world of Hip-Hop and Pop music.

Movie - Bullit

I just loved the whole look of this film, this film was the start of my fascination with 60s films.

Book - Pole To Pole by Micheal Palin

Micheal Palin is a great travel writer and this is just as good as watching the TV shows. His Python humour really shines through.

Website - IMDB

All the movie info you may ever need on one cool site.

Game (Computer or Non-Computer) - NCAA Football 2005

As the best football game on the market period, this is an easy sports recommendation.

CD - Pink Floyd - The Wall/Dark Side of the Moon

Two of the best albums out there not only lyrically, but musically.

Movie - The Shawshank Redemption

One of the most entertaining, engrossing, and brilliant films to ever be made.

Book - H.G. Wells - The Time Machine

An amazing sci-fi novel, even if its film version wasn't hardly as good.

Website - Kill from the Heart

The title for this site is taken from a song written by the Dicks (the band previously in my signature). It's really a great resource for information on all punk bands, and has everything broken down by region.

Game (Computer or Non-Computer) - Manhunt

I really loved this game, kill or be killed. It could really get your adrenaline pumping as you are being chased down by a gang of thugs looking to beat your brains in. There is also the stealth factor of the game, hiding amongst the shadows and waiting for some poor soul. They provided a nice variety of crude weapons that you could heinously kill somebody with.

CD - Husker Du: Zen Arcade

This album brings a different kind of intensity then your typical hardcore album. It's an album that brings alot power, but at the same time is beautiful in it's own way. It's the kind of album that will touch all of your emotions (anger, sadness, joy, etc.) and leave you in a state of awe.

Movie - Romper Stomper

This is one of the only movies that made me feel a genuine connection with it's cast of characters. It takes you through a journey of Nazi squatters, as they ultimately crumble at their very core. The irony of the ending also leaves the viewer in a state of shock. Make no mistake, this movie does not portray the gang of Nazi's in a positive light (as if it could). However there are scenes where I couldn't help but feel touched or sympathetic toward the groups struggles (and no I'm not referring to their struggles of attacking those they hate).

Book - Trainspotting

Easily my favorite book. As great as the movie is, the book simply eclipses it with all of the raw detail it provides. The cast of characters in the book is far larger then what you see in the film adapatation. There are many more alcohol and heroin induced exploits from our friends in Scotland. I like how this book doesn't just focus on one main character, but details the lives of so many different people throughout the course of the story.

Website - www.coversproject.com

info on nearly every covered song ever

Game - MVP Baseball 2005

a very fun game...you don't even have to like baseball...it helps though

CD - this one took me awhile, because I have/love so many CDs...but..

either

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - "B.R.M.C."

Alice In Chains MTV Unplugged

Movie - SLC Punk

Awesome, Awesome movie about 2 Punks in Salt Lake City (SLC) in 1985...very awesome. Stars Matthew Lillard (Scoby Doo, Without a Paddle).

Book - Behind the Paint by Violent J

even if you don't like ICP, this is a really good autobiography

Website - www.pitchforkmedia.com

Really has declined in quality as of late, but I still like reading their opinions on the CD's I like and dislike.

Game (Computer or Non-Computer) - Final Fantasy 7

A classic game. I can pick it up now and still play it.

CD - Refused, "The Shape Of Punk To Come"

So many styles come together on this CD to make beautiful and abrasive noise. The discussion of key issues that are essential and unnoticed in a society fille with saturated people and minds.

Movie - Magnolia

Beautiful. I have only seen this movie once for a reason... I don't want to ruin it for myself.

Book - Lord of the Flies

Amazing book, a must ready for anybody.

The Nine Inch Nails Hotline

It's good if you're a fan of NIN, and want constant news updates.

Game:

Half Life 2

Best game ever, hands down.

CD:

The Mars Volta's Tremulant EP

Probably the most accessible TMV record.

Movie:

American History X

What can I say, I like nazis.

Book:

God's Debris: A Thought Experiment by Scott Adams

Well, it made me think, and it presents some interesting theories on alot of stuff, like God and other things.

Website www.guardian.co.uk - left leaning UK newspaper, the first website I check out every day.

Game (Computer or Non-Computer) The Pro Evolution Soccer series - anyone who likes football must appreciate this. It's as close as you can get to the real thing in a game. Great for multiplayer sessions

CD System Of A Down's self titled album. It's short, but I think every track on it is greatness.

Movie Pulp Fiction - great stories, cool characters, witty dialogue and can be watched over and over again

Book Douglas Adams - The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - funny funny shit

Website Metal Review If you like metal, this is a good website for reviews and such.

Game (Computer or Non-Computer) Final Fantasy 7/ Championship Manager series...toss up between them, both great, though.

CD Opeth - Blackwater Park....even if you don't like "heavy stuff", I think its worth checking out, just due to the beautiful implementation of melody with the heavier stuff. Awesome album, awesome songs.

Movie Pulp Fiction - great stories, cool characters, witty dialogue and can be watched over and over again.....can't really argue with what was said above

Book The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown....fair enough, most of it is apparently a fallacy, but before I found that out, I was riveted, and couldn't wait to read everynight. It's the only book that has done that to me in a long time.