NCAA Tourney Pick'em

sahyder1

Yeah, it's early but I haven't seen any NCAA discussions here lately and the tournament is just around the corner. I have set up a group on Yahoo so here's the info for that.

Group ID# 12320

Group Password EWB

Rutgers definitely dissapointed me this year. After last season I was definitely expecting to take a step up this year. With that said....who's your pick to win it all right now? It's nice to see UNC be a force again for the first time in the Post Dean Smith era. I definitely think they're the team to beat this year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in as Dickie V's Number One Fan. I'll be routing on my Dukies even though this year hasn't been ther year. They've had to deal with injuries and such all season when they didn't have a great line-up to begin with. But as long as they have Coach K they always have a shot. Illinois looks good, but I don't think any team can go an entire season undefeated. Boston College is so overrated it's not even funny.

Dunno who I like in to win it all right now...probably UNC or Kentucky.

Final Four predictions?

I got OSU, Gonzaga, UConn, and Duke, with Duke going over Oklahoma State in the finals.

My darkhorse, or Cinderella story if you weeeeeel, is Niagara. I went out on a limb and picked them upsetting the Sooners, than going over Utah, before finally losing to Kentucky in the Sweet 16. I think Niagara forward Juan Mendez will turn a some heads in this tourney and the Purple Eagles will surprise a few people. Most underrated team in the tournament, IMO.

My Final Four this year is: Illinois, Louisville, Kansas, and Syracuse. The first time since I started filling out brackets that Duke has not been in my Final Four. My championship game is Illinois vs. Kansas with Kansas going over. I just have a feeling about that team for whatever reason.

Some darkhorses this year for me...

Pacific: I had them in the sweet 16 last year, but that was probably because I had UIC beating Kansas in the first round. This team is pretty much the same as next year so I think they can beat Pitt and beat Washington as well.

Charlotte: I think this team is vastly underrated. Sure they fell apart at the end of the year and then lost early in the C-USA tournament, but I think they can get by their first round match against NC State, and I dont really like UConn as the Two Seed in the Syracuse Region too.

UW-Milwaukee: This team is the mid major cinderella team that will suprise everyone. Plus they have history on their side as a 5 Seed always beats a 12 and while I do have Old Dominion beating Michigan State, this is team is the stronger of the two. I also think they can beat BC in the Second Round also as BC just has too many problems right now.

Now time for some "What the hell was he thinking games": Keep an eye out on the Gonzaga vs. Winthrop games, and also Washington vs. Montana due to the game being in Boise and the proximity for both schools could make that one interesting.

My first round predictions broken down by region.

Chicago

Illinois over Fairleigh Dickinson

Texas over Nevada

[uW Milwaukee over Alabama

Boston College over Pennsylvania

LSU over UAB

Arizona over Utah St.

St. Mary's over Southern Ill.

OSU over SE Louisiana

Albuquerque

Washington over Montana

Pitt. over Pacific

Georgia Tech over Geo. Washington

Louisville over LA Lafayette

Texas Tech over UCLA

Gonzaga over Winthrop

Creighton over West Virginia

Wake Forest over Chattanooga

Syracuse

UNC over Oakland/Ala. A&M

Minnesota over Iowa St.

Villanova over New Mexico

Florida over Ohio

Wisconsin over Northern Iowa

Kansas over Bucknell

NC State over Charlotte

UConn over UCF

Austin

Duke over Delaware St.

Miss. St. over Stanford

Michigan St. over Old Dominion

Syracuse over Vermont

Utah over UTEP

Niagara over Oklahoma

Cincinatti over Iowa

Kentucky over Eastern Kentucky

Pretty standard first round, but I'm still in the middle of the second guessing stage, so these predictions may change. I'm still flip-flopping on some match ups.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

Gonna take the EBG way to doing my predictions

Chicago

Illinois over Fairleigh Dickinson

Nevada over Texas

UW Milwaukee over Alabama

Boston College over Pennsylvania

LSU over UAB

Arizona over Utah St.

St. Mary's over Southern Illinois

Oklahoma State over SE Louisiana

Albuquerque

Washington over Montana

Pacific over Pittsburgh

Georgia Tech over Geo. Washington

Louisville over LA Lafayette

Texas Tech over UCLA

Gonzaga over Winthrop

West Virginia over Creighton

Wake Forest over Chattanooga

Syracuse

North Carolina over Oakland/Ala. A&M

Iowa State over Minnesota

Villanova over New Mexico

Florida over Ohio

Northern Iowa over Wisconsin

Kansas over Bucknell

Charlotte over NC State

Connecticut over Central Florida

Austin

Duke over Delaware State

Mississippi State over Stanford

Old Dominion over Michigan State

Syracuse over Vermont

Utah over UTEP

Oklahoma over Niagra

Cincy over Iowa

Kentucky over Eastern Kentucky

my bracket is chalk full of upsets which may come back to bite me in later rounds.