Most Anticipated Games of This Year?

Maxx

Personally I'm amped for Killer 7, it's looking like the most unique game of all time right now and a serious mindfuck too.

Also I'm hoping Final Fantasy 12 will get the series back on track as I wasn't a fan of 10 or X-2.

Yours?

1. The Legend of Zelda(Gamecube)

2. Final Fantasy 12(PS2)

3. Killer 7(Gamecube)

4. Age of Empires 3(PC)

5. TimeSplitters 3 (X-Box Version)

In all honesty, I feel that nothing will top Tekken 5 and Devil May Cry 3 in terms of overall experience.  These two games are easily the best of 2005, and may very well remain that way in spite of the promising crop of releases coming up.

Really you pick them even over the new LOZ? I haven't been a huge fan since it made the transition into 3d but I feel this could turn the franchise around.

While I can't speak in facts until I'm actually able to play the game, I think the aforementioned games are exactly what entries in their genres should be. Tekken is a fluid-yet-fair, technical-yet-simple fighting game that can be as deep or shallow as you want it to be. DMC3 is a rare game where, despite the difficulty, you want to keep playing it because you just feel like a badass whenever you go through it.

We'll see what Link & Co. can offer up later in the year, though. I just don't think they can top those two titles.

Really you pick them even over the new LOZ? I haven't been a huge fan since it made the transition into 3d but I feel this could turn the franchise around.

While I can't speak in facts until I'm actually able to play the game, I think the aforementioned games are exactly what entries in their genres should be. Tekken is a fluid-yet-fair, technical-yet-simple fighting game that can be as deep or shallow as you want it to be. DMC3 is a rare game where, despite the difficulty, you want to keep playing it because you just feel like a badass whenever you go through it.

We'll see what Link & Co. can offer up later in the year, though. I just don't think they can top those two titles.

Tekken 5 is good, but get the bundle if you can.

Get SFAC too, wee!

I couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for an arcade stick, carrying case, and art book. The stick is pointless unless you're an arcade junkie or you just hate the PS2 controller. The case is pointless since Tekken 5 has Tekken 1, 2, and 3 already included in the game, and the art book is mainly included in the strategy guide which you can get for $15 or catch online.

Guest Future Shock

The arcade stick is a Hori Real Arcade Pro, and anybody who's a big fighter fan knows that Hori sticks own your soul. You'll use it even if you aren't a arcade junkie.

Guest ch1ppy08

SmackDown! 7 is a game I can't wait for (if there will be one, due to the WWE vs THQ thingy goin' on)

Also, I was anticipating Gran Turismo 4 and ESPN MLB 2K5. I have MLB 2K5 so far.