NWA:Total Nonstop Action - June 02

jayden

NWA:TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION PAY PER VIEW PREVIEW

By: Press Release

2nd July 2002

FIRST WORLD TITLE DEFENCE FOR MALICE

When Rowdy Roddy Piper turned up on last week's Pay Per View he vowed to find a challenger for Malice's title and by the end of the show he'd found one. After Malice with a little help from James Mitchell eliminated Shamrock from the Gauntlet for the Gold on NWA:TNA's first ever pay per view these two men have been on a collision course. Shamrock has refused to back down an inch despite Malice chokeslamming off the stage through a table in recent weeks. The stare down at the end of last week's show showed the world just how much animosity there is between these two and with the NWA World Title on the line this has to be a massive main event.

THE IN RING DEBUT OF SEAN O'HAIRE

When former WCW Tag Team champion Sean O'Haire turned up in NWA:TNA with a former partner, Mark Jindrak, they made it clear they were going after the tag team titles. Every bit of their focus since arriving has surrounded those belts. They first stole them before presenting them back to the new champions, Tempest & Slash, along with a couple of hard right hands and a spinebuster. Well this week's show sees O'Haire make his in ring debut as he takes on one half of the tag team champions, Tempest in what promises to be an excellent match. Will Jindrak and Slash play a part? Will O'Haire struggle against the numbers game of the dominant Hell Bound?

Also on the show you'll see Apolo take on Todd Shane, The Wildboys Vs the Maximo's and Sonny Siaki wrestling one on one against David Young. Plus, what effect will Roddy Piper's influence have over the show? What will be the fallout from Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lynn's draw last week? And after Steve Corino's disgusting portrayal of Buff Bagwell's Mother on last week's show Mike Tenay is conducting a special sitdown interview with Buff Daddy for this week's show.

This is one Pay Per View you can't dare miss. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday night, 8pm EST, contact your local cable operator for purchasing information.

Let me first say that you are doing an excellent job writing this diary. I truly feel as if I'm reading a TNA results report.

I guess the first thing I should comment on here is Rowdy Roddy Piper's intro as the new 'power' in NWA. I don't really like Piper, but I guess there weren't very many other choices, so it's okay in my book.

The X-Division championship match got a 100% quality in EWR, and you made the match seem like a 100% quality match. It's nice to see you doing that, as it adds realism to the writing. Also, I'd like to see a Daniels push at some point. ;)

The JJ/JL match was a great read, and I loved how it ended in a draw at the end, as you kind of hinted to when Piper set the time limit at fifteen minutes. Go Jerry Lynn! :D

I don't really watch TNA, but I'm pretty sure Steve Corino isn't in the promotion so it's good to see him getting recognized in your diary. But why the hell is JUDY BAGWELL getting involved in The King Of Old School's feud with Buff Bagwell? <_<

The main event was a good read, and I actually like Malice as champion. His match with Ken Shamrock next week should be quite the read.

Overall, this was a good show though I'm not really familiar with TNA. I'll be reading and reviewing the next show. :)

thanks man, really cool feedback. just one quick point i'd like to mention for anyone who is worried i'm bringing in judy bagwell at any point as it's something you just mentioned to me and it's not the first time anyone's said it. I'm not, I promise. There will 110% not be a Corino & Francine Vs the Bagwell's match, ever in this diary.

That was a fake Judy Bagwell there for Corino to poke fun at. The real one won't be involved, although I did get a call from her last night. Apparently Buff's ill and can't make next week's show so she was just calling in sick for him ;)

Edited by jayden

Well, although don't really know a lot about TNA as don't get it properly, I really like this diary. Previews are good, and build upto the following show well.

Have to say, the writing is really good, the Don West shouting (I presume he does that when in capitals) is good, as he does often do that from what I have seen.

Matches are well written, and although I'm not usually into reading long matches personally, from what I've read of them they are well written and makes you see in your mind the action what is actually going on as you read each one.

Roddy's back, well I love the guy, great Superstars and nice to see him back, even if in TNA :P Be interesting see where take him as Commissioner, and hope you do it where he takes no crap from anyone, as he stands up to anyone no matter who they are. Was good way you changed between his moods as he talked.

Christopher Daniels as X Division champ, nice, as from what I have seen of him I think he's pretty good and his dark character seems interesting. Jimmy Yang and Daniels match was good, and by 100% rating proved good match you made. Love to see you push Yang a bit, as I think he is a good high flying type of wrestler and sometimes doesnt get credit he deserves. I always stay interested in his matches.

Jindrak and O'Haire on TNA, good to see. O'Haire thought was good wrestler and he should have had more of a chance on wwe, but I hope you show what could be a good vicious side of his character destroying his opponents. After all, it's not something you don't already know. <_<

Main Event was good 15 minute match that went to the end, and wondering where gonna take Jarrett now, but looks like a possible Jerry Lynn feud brewing there.

Judy Bagwell segment was funny, could imagine watching that scene in real life and would be just as good as you wrote.

Malice vs Shamrock looks to be interesting match next week. Looking forward to that one.

Finally, nice Monthly Review about how it all went, looking forward to next months worth of shows. Keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...

user posted image

Wednesday July 3rd 2002

Attendance: 3184

Malice Vs Shamrock for the World Title Tonight!

The show starts with a small video package highlighting the key points from last week's show. It shows the entrance onto the show of new NWA Chief Commissioner Roddy Piper, before showing him telling Jeff Jarrett that his match with Jerry Lynn will decide who gets a title shot against Malice. It shows some brief clips from the Lynn Vs Jarrett match, including the time limit ending. It went on to show the end of the 6 man tag main event last week with Ken Shamrock making his way out and Roddy Piper announcing him as the next challenger to Malice's title

Tenay: That's right, you saw the announcement last week from NWA Chief Commissioner Roddy Piper. Tonight, one on one for the NWA World Heavyweight Title it's the champion Malice against the challenger Ken Shamrock!

West: Oh boy Mike, I'm so excited about this one, but ya have to be. We've seen the destruction that Malice can cause so far in TNA, and we know that Ken Shamrock has too. It's too close to call Mike!

Disco: I don't see how Shamrock can even comtemplate getting into that ring with Malice tonight. The guy's a great big freaky monster. I wouldn't get anywhere near him and after the way Malice dumped him off that stage a couple of weeks back I'd stay well away.

Tenay: This is the first defence in the title reign of James Mitchell’s monster and Roddy Piper could not have picked a man with better credentials. A former WWE Intercontinental Champion, former UFC World Champion and the World’s Most Dangerous Man, Ken Shamrock will be on a charge tonight that perhaps not even Malice can stop.

West: That’s right Mike, on the one side you’ve got the brute strength and just awesome power of Malice, but on the other you’ve got the all round fighting edge that Shamrock brings with him to the ring. But right now, it’s time to kick the show off with the Future Icon, Sonny Siaki in action against David Young!

The Future Icon and the Future Jobber

”The Future Icon” Sonny Siaki Vs David Young

The show opener saw Sonny Siaki, in some flashy green trunks taking on the pretty bland looking David Young. Both men turned this into a stiff fest that the crowd just never got into. Despite some really solid in ring action neither wrestler seemed to inspire the crowd in any way and this was probably the most dead any TNA crowd had been for anything so far in their young life. It looked like an audible got called from the back too as this one seemed to be cut off just as it was getting going and producing some good in ring stuff. Siaki looked surprised as he got Young up and hit the Future Crush and made the cover, 1……2…….3.

56%, 24%, 89%

Tenay: Another win for Sonny Siaki Don, and the Future Icon’s now undefeated since week one.

West: That’s right Mike and he’s been very impressive so far. He even holds a win over Jerry Lynn! I think we’re gonna see big things from Sonny Siaki Mike.

Disco: Hah, who ca….. What? Why the hell am I getting cut off for that bimbazoid?

The Wildboys are ready to party

the camera cuts backstage to Goldylocks who is stood in tight black pants and a white top as she looks set to interview the Wildboys. The Madness Chris Harris was wearing pink trunks and a slightly bizarre pair of really large sunglasses while the Lunatic James Storm stood the other side of Goldylocks wearing similar pink trunks and wearing a pink feather boa around his neck/

Goldy: Thanks guys, now I’m joined right now by a couple a guys who reckon they’re bringing the party to TNA

Storm: Yeeeehaw that’s right Goldy, the Wildboys are all about having fun baby, and ahm about to have me some fun with those little jumping beans tonaght.

Harris: That’s right, it’s just like the Lunatic says, we’re ready to raise a party and have some fun. We don’t have time now, but don’t think the Madness hasn’t seen the way you’ve been looking at him Goldy, Storm, hit the ring!

Storm and Harris walk off screen leaving Goldy blushing as she sends it to the ring

67%

The Wildboys and the Maximo’s tear the house down

The Wildboys Vs the Maximo’s

The Maximo’s were already in the ring in their purple and black outfits, and matching headbands. The Wildboys made their way out and got a small reaction from the crowd. They jumped, bounced, and danced their way to the ring. Once the match began the action was frantic right from the get go. Harris seemed to be pumping pure adrenaline early on and took it right to the Maximo’s, tossing Joel out of the ring to the outside before catching Jose and slamming him down as he tried to hit a high cross body. Harris was tossing the Maximo’s about like a pair of frizbees and he didn’t seem ready to stop yet. Both of them charged at him but both were dumped unceremoniously on their backs as the Madness hit a double clothesline. The fast pace continued with the Lunatic getting tagged in and attacking Jose. Storm went to work kicking at Jose’s leg before taking a step back and going for a superkick. Jose ducked it and retaliated with one of his own that dropped Storm to the mat as the second Maximo was tagged in. Joel ran across the ring and was launched into the air by Jose before crashing down on Storm with a splash as the referee began to count, 1…..2…..Storm kicked out. The Maximo’s seemed to be ignoring the referee completely and quickly hit a double side Russian legsweep on Storm. As they turned around though Harris springboarded himself off the top rope to the inside with a double springboard clothesline. Harris tossed Jose Maximo to the outside and followed him out as the two men began to brawl. The action inside the ring began to slow with everything becoming a bit more methodical and defined. Joel came close to putting Storm away on a couple of occasions, once after a swinging neckbreaker, and then later on following a big moonsault but both times Storm managed to get himself out at two. With the match beginning to pick up the pace again Storm and Joel ran straight into each other, clashing heads and crashing to the mat. The referee began to make his count as both men struggled to their corners. Joel was the first to get to his feet and stumble across the ring to make a tag. As Jose stepped through the ropes though Storm made his tag to the Madness and Harris lived right up to his monicker unleashing a furious attack on the Maximo’s. Jose was met with a vicious spinebuster before Joel tried to get back in and was battered with rights and lefts before being tossed out of the ring to the outside. Harris tagged Storm back in as the two men double high fived each other giving the sign for their finished. Storm lifted Jose up and got between his legs, laying him out horizontally as Harris went up to the top rope. Harris came off with a legdrop that Mike Tenay called “the Gatecrasher” as Storm made the cover, 1…..2……3. The Wildboys had scored a really impressive win in an awesome match.

72%, 45%, 100%

West: WHAT A MOVE MIKE! That was amazing, the Wildboys came here to party and you can bet they’ll be having a big one tonight!

Tenay: There’s no doubting the athletic ability of these two rookies as they pick up another win in NWA:TNA. Both those teams just demonstrated how strong the tag team ranks are right now though Don, with the tag team champions Hell Bound, and what about Jindrak & O’Haire Don? In fact, tonight we’ll see the in ring debut of Sean O’Haire in NWA:TNA against Tempest and you know that’s going to be a war with everything that’s gone down between those two teams recently.

Disco: Judging by the way O’Haire acts behind that curtain I’m guessing that’s not the only thing that’s gone down recently.

Tenay: Will you stop!

Mitchell unleashes the beast on Shamrock tonight!

The camera cuts to what looks to be some sort of pre-recorded promo. James Mitchell is standing at the front of the group wearing some sort of hooded cloak, although the hood is down. Malice stands to his side in his simple wrestling trunks with the World title over his shoulder. In the background Daffney has Slash and Tempest on chained collars as Mitchell begins to speak

Mitchell: Ken Shamrock, my friend, I hope you realise it’s nothing personal tonight. I hope you realise that when he signed this match Roddy Piper signed your death warrant. I will not, I cannot be held responsible for the actions of my monster Malice tonight. You see, this belt has its rightful home over the shoulder of this man and you’ll never take it away from him. Just like when Malice dumped you off that stage through a table, tonight he’s going to take you out for good. “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”, but we both know that cheap marketing ploy is a false accusation don’t we Ken? For that line fits only one man, the one who stands next to me carrying the NWA World Title .Tonight Ken Shamrock, your blood will flow and it’s Roddy Piper’s fault. You blood Ken Shamrock, YOUR BLOOD! Your blood and it’s on Piper’s hands!

59%

West: Did you hear that Mike, did you? I just, gah, that Hell Bound group that Mitchell’s put together. You have to wonder whether anyone can stop them right now.

Tenay: And you heard it right there Don, Mitchell isn’t going to take any responsibility for the actions of Malice tonight. He’s blaming Roddy Piper for putting Ken Shamrock into this match and after the beating he took just a couple of weeks ago going off that stage. I mean, you saw him last week. He was still holding the back of his head. I don’t believe for a second he can be at 100%

Disco: Like it even matters, Ken Shamrock at 1000% couldn’t beat Malice. Mitchell’s running the show around here, not Piper.

The Puerto Rican Sensation in action

Todd Shane w/Mike Shane Vs Apolo

The Shane twins were already waiting in the ring as Apolo made his entrance. He had an intense look on his face and looked like he’d come ready for a war as he stomped to the ring. The crowd didn’t seem too interested as Apolo entered the ring. Both Shane Twins tried to jumpstart the match attacking Apolo with clubbing forearm shots. The referee eventually managed to get Mike out of the ring and to the outside. With the early advantage gained Todd began to work over Apolo and pick him apart. He nearly scored an early win following a big belly to belly suplex. Todd followed that up with a double underhook suplex before making the cover, 1….2…..Apolo kicked out at two. The Puerto Rican superstar was struggling to get into the match as Todd strangely went up to the middle rope. He tried to come off with an elbowdrop but Apolo rolled out of the way. As Todd got to his feet Apolo was waiting and hit him with a spear. Apolo stood ready and waiting for Todd to get back to his feet and as he did Apolo grabbed him in a front facelock and ran towards the ropes, springing himself off them with a Tornado style DDT. Apolo made the cover, 1…..2…..Todd Shane rolled his shoulder out. The match was soon to be over though as Todd walked straight into an Apolo superkick that looked like it nearly took his head off. Apolo hooked the leg, 1…..2……3. Apolo had picked up another impressive win in TNA and looked like he was on a roll.

55%, 48%, 62%

Tenay: What a huge win for Apolo, he’s really been impressing a lot of people since he turned up here in NWA:TNA. It’s just another example of the NWA:TNA bringing in the best talent from around the world. Apolo’s a multi time Puerto Rican champion and it’s surely only a matter of time before he picks up some gold here.

Disco: The only thing Apolo’s fit for picking up is trash. You wanna see him picking something up Mike then hang around after the show’s over. Last week I saw him hunting around the bins for stuff to feed his 34 brother’s and sister’s back home.

Tenay: That is not true! Now it’s been well documented since the debut show here in NWA:TNA that Marcus “Buff” Bagwell and Steve Corino have had ongoing problems, problems that are threatening to escalate out of control. Now this past week I had the opportunity to conduct a sit down interview with a man I’ve known a long time in this business and we had an awful lot to talk about.

Bagwell and Tenay’s heart to heart

The shot shows a pretty anonymous room where Mike and Buff sit opposite each other on chairs. Bagwell isn’t in his wrestling gear, but is wearing a simple pair of black trousers and a white shirt, with a pair of shades sitting atop his head

Tenay: Marcus, I’d like to thank you for giving us this opportunity to talk like this. I know there’s been a lot going on for you recently but it’s great to have you as a part of NWA:TNA. I know you have a lot on your mind but lets start with what bought you here to the NWA:TNA.

Bagwell: You know Mike I asked myself that same question when I heard about the NWA:TNA and what it promised to bring. See, I’d seen opportunity’s taken away my whole career. I won tag title after tag title in WCW. I pushed and I pushed and the fans reacted to it, I made myself a star but the harder I tried the less the guys running the show there seemed interested. We all know how guys like me got held down back there and frankly I’d considered quitting the business. Well, when I heard about this new possibility and what it had to offer, with the promise of real talent getting their shots I just had to come and test myself one last time.

Tenay: And you’ve certainly done that. You’ve already been an integral part of the shows and got a lot of people talking about this Buff Bagwell being the best they’ve seen yet. I know from a personal standpoint it’s been like watching a Buff Bagwell with a new goal and focus, with a new fire burning somewhere inside.

Bagwell: Mike you know that means a lot and really, that’s exactly how I’m feeling right now. I’ve been through a lot in my career, hell, I broke my neck, but thanks to the fans who have always been behind me and thanks to companies like NWA:TNA willing to give me one more opportunity I’m going to give it everything I have.

Tenay: Now Marcus, one man I know hasn’t been so happy with your presence here has been Steve Corino. You two have had your problems right from show one, would you like to speak about that?

Bagwell: Before I came to NWA:TNA I’d heard a lot about Steve Corino. He was a former NWA World Champion and someone I’d heard a lot of good press about. But ya know since he hit me with that cane back on the first show he’s just pushed things further, and further. See I have no problem with him hitting on me Mike, I’m a man, I can take a beating and I know that in the end he’ll get his. But when he wants to make fun of my Momma, that’s just………. That’s just not right. She didn’t ask to be dragged into this. When I think of everything she’s done for me over the years and then she has to sit at home listening to that? It makes me sick Mike.

Tenay: Marcus, I can see that’s something that’s really gotten to you, we can end it here if you’d prefer?

Bagwell: No, no I’ll tell you where it ends Mike. Steve Corino, the moment you had that fake come out pretending to be my Mother you lit something inside of Buff Bagwell that is never going to go out. Until that point, until then I’d been trying my best to do a job around here but I still couldn’t find the motivation that I needed, that spark to stand up for myself. Well now that you’ve pushed things you’ve unleashed something that you can’t handle. I’ve already been to Piper and he’s agreed the match if you’ll accept the challenge Corino. I dare you, I DARE YOU to step into the ring with me. No holds barred, falls count anywhere, no disqualifications, no get out clause, just you and me, man to man Steve. I’ve thrown down the challenge, I’m waiting for your answer?

Tenay: Marcus, thank you, it’s been a pleasure and I know I for one am looking forward to that match as much as the rest of the fans are out there.

73%

Tag Title Pictures Hots up

Tempest w/Slash, Daffney & James Mitchell Vs Sean O’Haire w/Mark Jindrak

After the pre recorded interview we were taken to the ring where Sean O’Haire and Mark Jindrak were already waiting in the ring. O’Haire had a microphone and called for Tempest to come out and get the beating he’d been asking for. James Mitchell stepped out from backstage with his Hell Bound warriors in toe. Daffney led Tempest and Slash to the ring on dog collars. As they got near to ringside both were released. Tempest slid into the ring and began brawling with O’Haire while Slash went straight for Jindrak who was now outside the ring. The bell rang but the match never really got underway. Outside the ring Jindrak lifted Slash up and dropped him throat first over the guardrail. Back inside Tempest had managed to back O’Haire up and jumped up to the middle rope, springboarding himself back with an elbow onto O’Haire. Jindrak and Slash were destroying each other on the outside. First Jindrak sent Slash into the ring post. Then he followed in as Slash got out of the way and Jindrak crashed head first into it. Tempest charged at O’Haire inside the ring but got lifted up and dumped with a spinebuster as O’Haire bounced up and screamed out to the crowd intensely. O’Haire went up to the top rope but as he did so Jindrak and Slash brawled their way back into the ring. Jindrak threw a clothesline at Slash but Slash ducked it and stepped through. As he did so he was caught by O’Haire who flew off the top rope with a flying shoulderblock. Jindrak was then staggered from behind by Daffney who had leapt up to the top rope and hit a missile dropkick. She looked up to see both Jindrak & O’Haire staring her down and quickly rolled to the outside. By this point the referee had seen enough and called for the bell, throwing the match out. On the other side of the ring Mitchell had passed the chain leads in to Slash and Tempest and as Jindrak and O’Haire turned around both were hit with them. Slash and Tempest began to choke them out on the mat with the chains as it became apparent both Jindrak and O’Haire were dripping blood from their foreheads. Daffney got back into the ring screaming in both their faces and laughing at them as Mitchell slid into the ring with a big grin on his face. The attack continued with Slash and Tempest strangling Jindrak and O’Haire until Don Harris and the TNA security came running from the back. Mitchell ordered his men to leave the ring, as Slash, Tempest and Daffney all leapt to the outside to avoid the onrushing TNA security.

76%, 63%, 89%

West: My God Mike, Hell Bound really bust them open out there.

Tenay: Thankfully TNA security were on hand to stop that going too far. Mitchell has no idea of when to stop, and what effect does this have going into the main event match tonight?

Disco: I’ll tell you what effect it has Mike Tenay. Hell Bound are obviously taking no prisoners tonight and Ken Shamrock is the next man to be laid out in that ring dripping blood at their hands.

West: You know what Disco, I don’t like it but you might just be right. We……

Tenay: If I can cut you off there Don, there’s something happening in the Chief Commissioner’s Office, we’ve got to get back there

Neither Jarrett nor Lynn get what they want

When the shot goes backstage we’re already in Roddy Piper’s office. He’s sitting behind his desk with his feet up as Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lynn are both shouting at him

Jarrett: I want a title shot Piper, I DESERVE IT!

Lynn: I’ve never been given the opportunity, it’s my time!

Jarrett: You keep on dreaming slappy, it’s mah time!

Lynn: You saw what he did la……

Piper: WHOAH WHOAH whoah! You two wanna come in here shoutin the odds? Title shots? You want title shots? Now it seems to me that both of you have something to prove right now. I don’t remember seeing either of you winning matches around here right now so if you guys want a title shot you’re gonna have to earn it. Eh he, Jarrett, next week you’ve got Apolo, you beat him and I might give ya what ya want!

Jarrett: Alright, alright, I’ll show you both next week who deserves a shot at the World Title.

Piper: Now, Jerry Lynn, what should I do with you, gotta wonder about that huh Jerry? Still getting over the shock of getting beat by Sonny Siaki? Well, next week you go out there and you avenge that loss for me and then maybe, just maybe I’ll give you a title shot. Now, if you two are quite finished, GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!

Lynn cuts Jarrett a stare but Jarrett just smiles right back at him as the two men leave the office

62%

Tenay: What about that, everybody wants a shot at the NWA World Title right now but Roddy Piper’s going to make people earn their shots around here.

West: Oh no doubt about it Mike, Piper’s calling the shots and now both men know where they stand. If they want a World title shot they have to go out and earn it in that ring.

Disco: And now, at this time if I can interrupt you both I have an award to present to you Don. It’s from the “W.L.T.S.T.O” society.

West: What? I didn’t know anything about this, what’s the “W.L.T.S.T.O” society?

Disco: The We Love To State The Obvious Society, now if you’re quite finished telling the world what Roddy Piper and Mike Tenay have already told us can we get on with seeing Shamrock get destroyed?

Tenay: You know what’s up next Don, we’re just moments away from the first NWA World Title defence of Malice. Lets look at the key points. Malice won the title back in week one with a win in the Gauntlet for the Gold, a match which Ken Shamrock was a part of. Since then we’ve seen Malice destroy everything in his path as James Mitchell Hell Bound have done whatever they’ve wanted to.

West: That’s right Mike, including chokeslamming Ken Shamrock off a stage through a table just two weeks ago. Is he really going to be at 100% tonight?

Disco: Of course he’s not Tubby. Malice’s chokeslam can put people away for good when it’s in the centre of that ring. Imagine that same force driving a man off a stage and you’ll realise Shamrock has no chance out there tonight!

Tenay: You can hear it, it sounds like we’re ready to go, lets get to JB and the introductions

The NWA World Title!

NWA World Heavyweight Title: Malice w/James Mitchell & Daffney Vs Ken Shamrock

Ken Shamrock was already making his way to the ring as the camera got there. He had on simple blue trunks and boots and looked like he’d come ready for a fight. His iceman gaze focused as he stepped through the ropes. James Mitchell came out next followed by Malice, and Daffney. Malice was wearing simple black trunks and had the NWA World Title belt over his shoulder as Daffney bounced along energetically beside him. When he made his way into the ring the belt was held up by the referee as Jeremy Borash did the introductions. Malice and Shamrock stared each other down, neither man stopping to look at the belt for a second. As the bell rang the two men began to circle each other before locking up. They struggled briefly before Malice shoved Shamrock off sending him tumbling backwards across the ring. Malice roared out much to the delight of Mitchell as Shamrock regrouped and picked himself up. They locked up again, this time Malice backed Shamrock up against the ropes. The referee called for the break but surprisingly it was Shamrock who refused to give the clean one, driving a knee up into Malice’s mid section. Shamrock thundered in another but Malice just stood there taking the blows before grabbing Shamrock by the throat and tossing him across the ring. Malice charged at Shamrock with a clothesline but Ken ducked it, turning around and throwing a kick into Malice’s leg. Shamrock followed up with another two kicks to Malice’s leg that seemed to stagger the big man. Shamrock grabbed Malice around the waist looking as if he was going for a belly to belly early on but Malice fought him off with a headbutt before grabbing Shamrock by the throat and looking set for the chokeslam. Shamrock kicked Malice in the stomach to get him off before thumping in rights and lefts to the big man. Shamrock turned and ran off the ropes but as he did Malice got a boot up which connected with his face and dropped him to the mat near the ropes. As the referee appeared pre-occupied with Malice, Mitchell began choking Shamrock from the outside before slapping him in the face. Malice took control of the match and seemed to be slowly taking Shamrock apart. It looked at times as though he could actually have put him away had he chosen to, especially after hitting a superplex from the top rope. Mitchell screamed on encouragement from the outside as his monster picked Shamrock apart. Malice looked ready to finish the match off and got Shamrock set for the chokeslam. As Malice tried to get him up Shamrock found the energy from somewhere to reverse it into a cross arm breaker submission. Malice struggled to get to the ropes and quickly forced the break. The World Champion looked furious and began putting the boots into the tired frame of Shamrock who was still laying on the mat. Mitchell screamed at his man to put Shamrock away and that’s exactly what it looked like he was about to do. Malice set Shamrock up for powerbomb. Malice got him up but Shamrock began pummeling Malice in the head with rights and lefts. The big man staggered backwards, straight into the referee who was knocked down to the mat. Shamrock and Malice both tumbled out of the ring over the top, with both men looking like they’d knocked themselves out. Mitchell looked worried and motioned for Daffney to get to work. She reached under the ring and came up with a chair. Mitchell began slapping Malice around the face to wake him up and slowly he got to his knees. With the referee down Mitchell grabbed Shamrock from behind as Daffney handed Malice the chair. Malice cracked it into Shamrock’s skull, dropping him to the floor. Mitchell and Daffney rolled Shamrock back into the ring as Malice slid in next to him. He made the cover as the referee who was slowly recovering crawled over and made an incredibly slow count, 1…………….2…………..Shamrock rolled his shoulder out. Mitchell seemed furious on the outside, even moreso when he turned to see Scott Hall running out from the back. Hall chased Mitchell and Daffney around the ring and backstage. Tenay commented that finally we’d get to see this one go one on one. Malice went to pick Shamrock up by the head but as he did so Shamrock turned his body and tried to grab Malice in the Ankle Lock submission. Malice reached out for the ropes but Shamrock pulled him further into the centre of the ring. Slash and Tempest came running out from the back to try and get involved but they were cut off by Sean O’Haire and Mark Jindrak who leapt through the crowd, their faces still bloodied from earlier on. O’Haire and Jindrak battled with Slash and Tempest and drove them back into the crowd as the four men began to fight their way through the hordes of fans. Malice was still struggling desperately to break the hold, sweat pouring down his head as he writhed in pain, desperately trying to inch closer. He pulled and heaved and dragged his body on with his arms making one last lunge to get to the ropes. He made it and the referee began to count Shamrock to break the hold. Shamrock released it just as he got to four. Shamrock looked like he wanted to end this one and began kicking out Malice’s bad leg. Shamrock threw in three successful kicks in succession but as he attempted a fourth Malice caught his leg and pulled him towards him, leveling him with a stiff short arm clothesline. Malice stumbled across the ring looking spent, pulling himself up by the ropes before running his thumb over his neck signaling he was ready to finish the challenger. Malice lifted Shamrock up and thrust his hand out around Shamrock’s throat. Ken looked to be struggling to get free but this time Malice got him up. Instead of dropping him down Malice charged with Shamrock dangling and rammed him into the turnbuckles. Shamrock slumped down as Malice grabbed him and dragged him out again by his throat this time getting him up, and driving him down with a vicious chokeslam as the referee made the count, 1…….2…….3. Malice had defended the NWA World Title in a brutal war.

76%, 75%, 77%

West: MY GOD MIKE! MY GOD WHAT A WAR!

Tenay: Shamrock gave it everything he had but in the end it just wasn’t enough. We’re out of time, don’t forget to order and join us next week……

The show ends with a shot of Malice standing in the centre of the ring holding his NWA World title belt up high

Show Rating: 68%

Edited by jayden

9th July 2002

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES ON THE LINE

James Mitchell’s team of Slash and Tempest won a tournament back on show three to become the new NWA World Tag Team Champions. This only served to further the power that Mitchell already appears to hold in the NWA right now. The team they beat in that tournament was that of K-Krush and Brian Christopher. Add to that the ringer team of Mark Jindrak & Sean O’Haire and the ongoing problems that they’ve had with the champions and you have the recipe for an intense tag team title match. This week it will be the champions Hell Bound defending the titles against both K-Krush & Christopher and Jindrak & O’Haire in a triangle match

WORLD TITLE PICTURE HOTS UP

Last week saw the first title defence of NWA World Champion Malice and after a successful victory over challenger Ken Shamrock many of TNA’s top talents jockey for position to earn a World Title shot, none moreso than Jerry Lynn and Jeff Jarrett. After the two men fought to an outstanding draw two weeks ago both have been told to impress by NWA Chief Commissioner Roddy Piper. With Lynn in action against Sonny Siaki, a man who already holds a win over him in TNA, and Jarrett squaring off against Apolo who has been on a roll since arriving in the NWA:TNA we will no doubt have a clearer path to Malice, and the World Title come the end of the show.

Also we’ll see more hot X Division action as Psicosis takes on Low-Ki with both men looking to take a step towards a shot at the TNA X Division champion Christopher Daniels. We’ve also been promised the debut of a new tag team on this week’s show. Whoever that team is they’ll have their work cut out for them as they go up against the massive team of Mike and Todd, the Shane Twins

All this and so much more. Be sure to tune in this Wednesday night, 8pm EST, contact your local cable operator for purchasing information.

user posted image

Wednesday July 10th 2002

Attendance: 3160

-Tag Team Titles, World Title picture and so much more-

The show kicks off with a video package from last week’s show. It runs through Jeff Jarrett and Jerry Lynn in Piper’s office being told about their matches tonight before running through the highlights from last week’s main event. It shows all the attempted interference in the World Title match, with Scott Hall, and later Jindrak & O’Haire evening the odds before showing the finish to the match with Malice getting the chokeslam for the win.

Tenay: What a show we have tonight Don, not only the matches you saw announced by the NWA Chief Commissioner Roddy Piper, but a massive three team war for the tag team titles involving Brian Christopher & K-Krush, Mark Jindrak & Sean O’Haire and the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Slash & Tempest.

West: Oh boy Mike, we’ve got Jerry Lynn taking on Sonny Siaki, Jeff Jarrett against Apolo and then that huge three team main event for the tag team titles. Can Jindrak & O’Haire do it? We’ll find out later tonight.

Disco: You know what I heard about Sean O’Haire Mike Tenay? When he was in the Power Plant do you know how they taught him to do that Seanton Bomb? Paul Orndorff used to kneel in the centre of the ring with monkey nuts and that stupid big ape would get so excited he’d tumble forward off the turnbuckle.

Tenay: WHAT? That is not true, Disco what the hell are you talking about? Lets just get to the ring

-Can Jerry avenge his loss and step towards the World title?-

Jerry Lynn Vs “Future Icon” Sonny Siaki

As the match began between these two a shot was shown of Roddy Piper sitting in his office watching the match on a monitor with a bag of popcorn. This was a really solid opener and both men took their shots early on. Siaki had impressed a lot of people since debuting in NWA:TNA and he looked really strong in the early going here as the two matched hold for hold. Jerry’s experience began to tell though and he looked all but ready to avenge the loss suffered to Siaki recently. Lynn looked ready to put Siaki away with the cradle piledriver but as he tried to get him up Siaki struggled and Lynn stumbled back with Siaki’s boot catching the referee in the eye. Lynn tried again and got Siaki up and hit his move but with the referee down there was nobody to count. The crowd gave a huge amount of heat as they saw Jeff Jarrett come running out from the back and up onto the apron. Lynn had seen him coming and was there to meet him connecting with a right hand but as he swung another Jarrett blocked it and grabbed his head, jumping down from the apron and clotheslining Lynn’s neck over the top rope. Lynn stumbled backwards straight into Siaki who spun him around and hit the Future Crush as the referee rolled over and made the three count. After the bell Jarrett walked back up the aisle with a huge grin on his face as Sonny Siaki played to the crowd.

Siaki wins by pinfall

73%, 60%, 86%

-Hall laid out again?-

As the match ended Tenay sent us backstage where apparently something was going down. Goldylocks was on hand with a mic and presumably a cameraman as they showed Scott Hall laying out on the floor face down with a trickle of blood coming from the top of his head. Two EMT’s seemed to be attending to him as Don Harris and some generic TNA security guys stood around aimlessly.

Goldy: Mike we have no more idea on this one than you do, Scott Hall’s laid out and was found by one of the members of the TNA security but as yet we have no clue as to who’s attacked him. Is it a coincidence that this is the second time we’ve found Hall in this position in recent weeks? I’m going to follow this one and hopefully will have more word on his condition later on Mike, back to you

81%

Tenay: What in the hell is going on here, you have to feel there’s some sort of connection. We’ve seen this happen before Don.

West: That’s right Mike we have, and we all know who the fingers pointed to last time. Hell Bound. Well when I look at Scott Hall’s involvement in the main event last week what does that tell you?

Disco: Don, Don, Don, you’re getting it all wrong. You’re putting too much thought into it. What’s the one thing we all know about Scott Hall? He’s a drunk. The idiot probably had one too many whisky’s and hit his head.

-And the debut team facing the Shane Twins is?-

The Shane Twins Vs Darkness & Light

The Shane Twins were already in the ring as the new team in NWA:TNA debuted and made their way out to the ring. The lights went off in the arena as two face painted men stepped out onto the stage with purple lasers flying around the arena. One one side was “the Darkness Warrior”, formerly the Prototype in OVW. On the other was “the Lightness Warrior”, former NFL football player Monty Brown. The fans didn’t seem to know who they were but the entrance was grand enough for them to get a good reaction. This was one was a pure brawl which the debuting Darkness & Light won easily enough in the end as the Darkness Warrior got Mike Shane up in a powerbomb position as the Lightness Warrior leapt off the top rope with a clothesline to hit a move that Mike Tenay called the “Darkness Falls”.

Darkness & Light win by pinfall

61%, 54%, 68%

-The NWA:TNA goes Hell Bound!-

After the competitors from the previous match have made their way backstage the shot flickers to one of a room backstage somewhere. It’s dark and nondescript as James Mitchell stands in the front wearing a cloak and flanked on either side by Slash and Tempest, both of whom are wearing dog collars with Daffney stood a little further behind holding the chains

Mitchell: Hahahahahahaaa, it’s time to take the show a little lower. You see tonight these two men by my side will be defending the gold that I possess. Two teams stand in front of us, suitors to the throne. It’s quite clear that Roddy Piper wants to stack the deck against us but should I, James Mitchell, be concerned with such trivialities? I prayed to my God, not yours, last night for guidance and he showed me the way. Put whoever you want in front of us, send whoever you want out for the slaughter at the hands of Hell Bound because tonight we’re walking into that match the tag team champions, and we’re walking out of it with something more than just the tag team titles. We’re walking out with blood on our hands!

Mitchell laughs as Slash and Tempest strain at their leashes

Mitchell: Jindrak & O’Haire got in our way last week and tonight we’ll demonstrate just what happens to those that oppose us. Roddy Piper can send you to stop us, just like he did with, oh, who was it last week? KEN SHAMROCK! Last week they all came out of their cretinous holes to try and stop us and look where they are now? It doesn’t look like Scott Hall’s going to have much of an impact tonight hahahahahaha, and as for Ken Shamrock, well, if he’s even breathing after the beating he took last week then I have something for him too, hahahahahaa, HAHAHAHAAAAA!

As Mitchell laughs Malice steps out from the darkness behind him, his shadowy figure snarling menacingly behind his master

65%

Tenay: Was that? Was….. Was that an acknowledgement that they attacked Scott Hall earlier on Don?

West: I don’t know Mike, but you heard the words from James Mitchell. Hell Bound are after more blood tonight Mike, MORE BLOOD!

Disco: Hahahaha, listen to you two goons getting all scared as if it’s Fright Night or something. One thing that’s perfectly clear though is that tonight Tempest and Slash won’t stop at anything until they’ve defended those tag team titles.

-The X Division in action, and the champ is watching-

Low-Ki Vs Psicosis

Before the match began in this one the TNA X Division Champion Christopher Daniels came to join the announce team at ringside. Low-Ki had on simple grey trousers, tucked into his boots as he squared off against the masked Psicosis. The action was fast paced and frenetic from the get go as Low-Ki fired off a combination of kicks early on. Psicosis managed to block four in a row before a fifth connected with his head and sent him staggering across the ring to the outside. Low-Ki leapt straight through the ropes with a suicide dive that left both men down on the outside. Daniels spent most of the match on announce telling Tenay and West that neither guy in the match was close to being his equal. As the action swung back and forth Psicosis hit a variation on a Michinoku Driver for a close two count. Low-Ki soon had things going back his way though and charged across the ring, tumbling over and up into the air connecting with a kick to Psicosis head. With Psicosis on the mat Low-Ki hit his customary combination of kicks, crashing first one, then two kicks into Psicosis chest before taking a step back and setting himself before smacking one into the side of Psicocis head. The punishment continued for Psicosis as Low-Ki battered him around the ring, almost scoring the win with a bridge German Suplex that Psicosis managed to roll his shoulder out at two. Psicosis had one last flash of offence managing to avoid a Low-Ki chop and hitting a neckbreaker for a two count but shortly afterwards Low-Ki reversed an attempt at German Suplex into the Dragon Clutch. Psicosis pushed and struggled briefly but had only one option and tapped out. Low-Ki gave a long hard stare towards Daniels at the announce desk as Daniels stood up at the end of the match.

Low-Ki wins by submission

72%, 47%, 97%

West: Did you see the staredown there between TNA X Division Champion the Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels, and Low-Ki Mike? You know that Low-Ki would be just itching to get a shot at that belt

Tenay: And with performances like that he just might Don. We find ourselves saying it again and again but what a match from the X Division. Wait, who’s this?

-Sweet Stan brings hope and glory-

Tenay is interrupted by the sounds of a rockier version of the Star Spangled Banner as two men come out from the back. One is wearing a pair of jeans, a shirt, and a cowboy hat while the other is wearing stars and stripes wrestling trunks and has an American flag wrapped over his shoulders. They make their way to the ring and step through the ropes

Lane: People of America, if I could take just a few moments of your time. For those of you who don’t know my name is Stan Lane and I’m a big deal here in the National Wrestling Alliance. If you don’t know, do your homework. Now. I’m sure you’ve all noticed the inherent problems with this once great country. You’ve noticed that moral values have gone out of the window, things which were once frowned upon and held in contempt are now revered and looked up to. I’m talking about violence…

the crowd cheers

Lane: …. I’m talking about profanity

The crowd cheer again, a small portion of the crowd can be heard chanting “you suck dick”

Lane: ….. and I’m talking about SEX!

The crowd start to cheer once more as Lane looks angry in the ring

Lane: See that’s what’s wrong with America today, you people shouldn’t cheer for that. People of America, you need a hero and I’m out here to give you one. People of America, I give you your new hero. I give you Paulie……. GLOOORY!

Lane hands the microphone to Paulie Glory, last seen on a national level working in WCW as Paul Roma back in the mid 90’s.

Glory: Fans boy is it good to be out here in front of you. Now I know that you want a return to the good old days where foul language, violence and sex were things that you just didn’t see.

The crowd begin to boo, Glory and Lane are getting a lot of heat even if some of it is pretty cheap

Glory: I, Paulie Glory, promise to uphold the traditional values of this once great nation. If you’ll just take my lead and follow my example we can get back there once again. You’ve been a great audience, thank you.

Glory takes a bow as he and Stan Lane make their way out of the ring and backstage to a pretty hefty boo from the crowd.

70%

Disco: I like this Paulie Glory, Mike Tenay. He seems like exactly what we need around here.

Tenay: Did you buy any of that? This is the 21st Century Disco!

Disco: Well excuse me Mr 21st Century, I hadn’t noticed you becoming the Dr of new school style!

-With Piper watching on can Jarrett do what Lynn couldn’t?-

Jeff Jarrett Vs Apolo

Jarrett made his entrance first for this one amid a host of pyros. He was wearing short blue and silver trunks as he stepped through the ropes and climbed up to the second turnbuckle peering out over the crowd. Apolo got a fairly decent reception from the crowd who appeared to be warming to him a bit. Again they cut to a shot of Roddy Piper sitting in his office watching the monitor. Early on Jarrett taunted Apolo on numerous occasions as he outwrestled him. One swift stiff shortarm clothesline stopped that though. Apolo really took the fight to Jarrett and made this a much tougher contest than many expected. Jarrett was struggling to contain his bigger opponent and took the action to the outside, sending Apolo crashing into the guardrail. Jarrett charged at him but Apolo back body dropped him into the fans at ringside. Once the action got back into the ring Apolo nearly scored the upset after hitting a uranage suplex for a two. Jarrett looked to be in trouble as Apolo followed that up with a spear. He made the cover again but this time Jarrett got his foot onto the ropes. Apolo stepped away from Jarrett and looked like he was getting ready to hit the superkick as Jerry Lynn came out onto the stage and began walking to the ring. The referee went over to the ropes trying to usher him away but this just gave Jarrett the opportunity he needed. He struggled up to his knees and hit Apolo with a lowblow that sent him down to the mat writhing in pain. Jarrett got up and dragged Apolo to his feet to apply the Stroke. Jerry Lynn had seen enough though and leapt into the ring, pushing the referee aside and attacking Jarrett. The referee immediately called for the bell disqualifying Apolo. As the bell rang is only seemed to make Lynn more angry. He tossed Jarrett through the ropes to the outside and followed him out. Apolo who was slowly recovering came out after them and confronted Jerry Lynn. Apolo turned him around, questioning why he’d got involved. Lynn didn’t back down an inch as the two men began to argue. From behind Jarrett had grabbed a chair and ran at Lynn. Apolo saw Jarrett coming and pushed Lynn out of the way, taking the chairshot from Jarrett. Apolo fell to the floor as Jarrett made his escape leaving Jerry Lynn kneeling over the beaten Apolo.

Jeff Jarrett wins by disqualification

70%, 63%, 78%

West: BY GOD MIKE! No, not like that. Apolo gave it his all and to have it taken away from him, TAKEN AWAY BY JARRETT!

Tenay: Well lets be honest Don, you can blame Jarrett all you want. I don’t like the outcome either but it was Jerry Lynn coming out there that changed the match, and it was Jerry Lynn’s interference that meant Jarrett scored the win.

Disco: Yeah and while those two knuckleheads were arguing look who had the last laugh. Roddy Piper has to give Jeff Jarrett a World Title shot now, he won the match, hah!

-Corino answers the challenge-

His music hits and Steve Corino comes out to the ring accompanied by Francine. Corino’s wearing his wrestling attire, white and red trunks while Francine has a short shiny purple dress on that her cleavage is just begging to get out of. Corino steps through the ropes and into the ring, calling for a microphone

Corino: Last week while I was over in Japan preparing for a match with a real opponent I sat down and caught some of the Pay Per View. And what did I see? Buff Bagwell giving that oh so heartfelt interview to the world saying how Steve Corino pushed things too far. How Steve Corino lit a fire inside of him. And then how Steve Corino was getting challenged to a match, no holds barred, no disqualifications, falls count anywhere.

Corino pauses and turns to Francine as the crowd cheer at the prospect of the match. She gives him a big smile and puts her hand on his chest before turning away again

Corino: Oh yeah, that’s right Franny, the thought of Steve Corino kicking Buff Bagwell’s butt turns me on too but there’s plenty of time for that later. Now, Buff, I accept your challenge. Next week I’m going to show you what real wrestling talent is. See I’ve been the NWA World Champion, I’ve defended that belt all over the world. How many world titles have you held Buff? You talk about being held down and not given opportunity. Well while you were being held down, I was out there grabbing my own opportunities.

Corino’s expression becomes more serious as he stops again before lifting his head back up to the mic

Corino: I can stand out here, I can poke fun at your old battleaxe of a Mom, I can have a joke and a laugh and rib you all night long Bagwell but the truth is…… I don’t find this funny. I don’t find this funny one little bit. When you jumped me in the gauntlet and took away my chance at recapturing my World title you bought this all upon yourself. Bagwell, you bring yourself to the arena next week and you see who’s lauging then. Do I look like I’m smiling?

Voice: No you sure as hell don’t Steve!

Corino turns to the entrance way where Buff Bagwell has come out and interrupted him. Bagwell isn’t in his wrestling attire and is wearing blue jeans and a white shirt as he begins to walk slowly to the ring.

Bagwell: Next week Steve, next week it’s you and me, one on one. No holds barred, no disqualifactions, falls count anywhere but ya know what. I’m looking out at these fans right now and I see a lot of Buff fans out here tonight.

the crowd give him a pretty good pop as he gets up onto the apron and steps through the ropes

Bagwell: So why don’t we give them something to cheer for tonight?

Corino tries to jumpstart a fight throwing a right hand at Bagwell but it gets blocked. Bagwell opens up with rights and lefts backing him against the ropes. Buff sends Corino in for the ride and as he comes back hits an inverted atomic drop. Bagwell goes up to the middle rope as Corino stumbles across the ring. Buff launches himself off the turnbuckle going for the Blockbuster but as Francine tries to help Corino, he pushes her in the way and steps to the side. Bagwell connects with the Blockbuster as Corino rolls to the outside. Corino backs away up the aisle with a big smile on his face, seemingly showing no concern for Francine as Bagwell kneels over her calling to the back for help.

76%

Tenay: What? Is he just going to walk out of there and leave her. Corino’s walked out, I can’t believe it.

West: Gosh Mike, you’re right, this is a worrying sight. I mean, you can’t blame Bagwell. He was just trying to get to Corino but as the EMT’s come out this doesn’t look good Mike.

Tenay: She doesn’t appear to be moving at all as they put the neckbrace on her. Wrestlers train 7 hours a day 365 days a year to take moves like that, my God I can’t believe Corino would show no concern.

Disco: Hah, why would he care Mike Tenay? There’s plenty more Francine’s in this world, last time I looked you could get them $10 by the hour. Just dial 1-800-rent a ho.

West: Why you…..

West reaches over as if he’s lunging for Disco but Tenay holds him back

Disco: Oh right, that’s how it is tubby. Well you know what, I come out here carrying your load every week and you want to take a pop at me?

Tenay: Don PLEASE, sit back. Fans we apologise, emotions are running high at this time can we just get to the ring for the main event.

-Three teams, Two belts, who gets what?-

NWA World Tag Team Titles: Hell Bound w/James Mitchell & Daffney Vs Brian Christopher & K-Krush Vs Jindrak & O’Haire

Christopher & Krush were the first to make their entrance. They danced to the ring with K-Krush seemingly amused by Christopher’s dancing. When they got to the ring K-Krush showed him a few moves that Christopher tried, and failed, to copy. Jindrak & O’Haire made their way to the ring with a massively intense look on their faces as Tenay commented that he thought this would be their night. Tempest and Slash made their way out last as the Champions. Mitchell led the way with a title belt over each shoulder as Daffney held the chains linked to the collars around Tempest and Slash’s necks. Jeremy Borash had no chance to run through the introductions as Tempest and Slash were let off their leashes and they charged into the ring to jumpstart the match. Tenay explained the rules in this one, which were essentially that there weren’t any and the match would end with a pinfall. As Slash and Tempest charged into the ring the 6 men paired off into two groups of three. Christopher & Krush went after Slash while Jindrak and O’Haire took out Tempest. Slash and Tempest were both sent across the ring where they collided in the middle. Mitchell looked livid on the outside as it looked like the other four competitors were working together. That didn’t last long as Christopher and K-Krush went to high five Jindrak & O’Haire only to get hit with two stiff clotheslines. Jindrak made an early cover on Christopher but it Slash made the save. That was the order of the match throughout, lots of near falls and lots of last ditch saves. Jindrak & O’Haire began to look really strong particularly as they hit a double spinebuster on Tempest that nearly earned them the win. On the outside K-Krush and Slash were involved in a brutal brawl that had seen both men bust open. K-Krush climbed up onto the apron and leapt off hitting a leg lariat on Slash that sent him tumbling over the guardrail and into the crowd. K-Krush stepped over the two men began to fight through the crowd. Back in the ring Christopher ducked a Jindrak clothesline but walked straight into a superkick from O’Haire. The cover following that move was broken up by Tempest though. The action continued to excite the crowd as the wild brawl got wilder. After Daffney took a pop at Brian Christopher from the outside he stepped out of the ring and began to stalk her around the ring. Mitchell shoved him from behind though turning him round. Christopher’s attention was now firmly focused on Mitchell as Daffney climbed up onto the apron and leapt off hitting the Frankenscreamer on him. Tempest was alone in the ring with Jindrak & O’Haire and as the fans realized this they began to pop really big. Jindrak sent Tempest in for the ride and as he came back Jindrak picked him up for a spinebuster, spinning around and dropping him as O’Haire grabbed his neck and turned it into a combination neckbreaker. Jindrak made the cover as Mitchell screamed from the outside for Daffney to do something. She leapt up to the top rope and sprung herself in with an elbowdrop onto Jindrak to break up the cover. O’Haire looked angry and slipped to the outside to get to Mitchell, grabbing him by the throat. Inside the ring Jindrak had also turned his attention, focusing on Daffney who was cowering away in the corner of the ring. She tried to kick him between the legs but Jindrak caught her leg. Daffney went for an enziguri but Jindrak ducked out of the way as she tumbled to the mat. Without warning Tempest spun Jindrak around from behind and hit the Mindbender as the referee made the count and gave the win to Hell Bound. O’Haire on the outside realized what had happened and immediately took his anger out on Mitchell launching him into the ringpost as the show went off the air.

Hell Bound win by pinfall

70%, 61%, 80%

Tenay: MINDBENDER! Tempest makes the cover!

West: 1……2……3! MY GOD THEY’VE DONE IT MIKE!

Show Rating: 71%

Edited by jayden

ok now I don't usually like asking for feedback and stuff but this isn't a biggie so.....

the last show had a different format and the matches were probably slightly different style and a bit shorter.

Any ideas on whether that was a good thing, or a bad one? I'm a bit unsure myself, I think I prefer the new one, but what does anyone else think?

MAKE OR BREAK MONTH FOR TNA, GLORY SURPRISE

12th July 2002

There is an optimistic feel backstage within NWA:TNA right now that after their opening month financial losses they can turn a profit in their second month. The attendance for last week’s show was 3160, indicating a steady rise from the 2975 that turned up for their debut show. Similarly the Pay Per View buy rates from last week’s show, 0.19, indicate a slight increase over the past few weeks. This is seen to be a really good indication that NWA:TNA is making strides in the right direction as it’s crucial they cut down on the losses they took back in June. The last two weeks of the month are going to be huge for NWA:TNA.

It’s believed that everyone involved with the writing of the shows right now was not only impressed with, but incredibly surprised by the amount of heat Stan Lane and Paulie Glory received on last week’s show. The general concensus was that while this was a character they felt they could run with it would take time for the crowd to start to buy into it. However the crowd reaction was superb on last week’s show and it’s now expected that Paulie Glory will be worked into a major programme somewhere down the line.

15th July 2002

THIS ONE'S PERSONAL

From the moment Steve Corino caught Buff Bagwell hitting on his main squeeze Francine back on show one those two men have been embroiled in a bitter feud. Corino's faked being hit by a car, and even embarked on a sick portrayal of Buff's own Mother in his quest to get under the skin of Buff Bagwell. With reclaiming the NWA World Title on the mind of Corino, and regaining pride on that of Bagwell this no holds barred, no disqualification falls count anywhere main event is set to tear the house down. With Francine now out of the picture having been taken out on a stretcher on last week's show this one will be Man Vs Man, no excuses, no retreat, no surrender!

HALL'S PROMISED TO BE IN THE BUILDING

Rumour has it that since another random attack on last week's show Scott Hall has been telling anyone that will listen that he WILL be in the arena this Wednesday night. Despite having no clearance to wrestle he's vowed to turn up on Pay Per View demanding revenge on the man he believes attacked him not only last week, but on an earlier TNA Pay Per View as well.

Plus the in ring debut of Paulie Glory as he takes on Lash LeRoux, the TNA X Division champion Christopher Daniels in non title action against Jose Maximo and one half of the NWA Tag Team Champions Slash taking on K-Krush. Also after what happened on last week's show with Jerry Lynn and Jeff Jarrett getting very different results in their attempts to earn an NWA World Title match from Roddy Piper who knows what's going to go down?

All this and so much more as NWA:Total Nonstop Action returnss on Pay Per View this Wednesday night, 8pm, contact your local cable operator for purchasing information.

Edited by jayden

well actually Gabriel there were some big plans to put him back in the ring which were hinted at on the past show, however due to a cursed bit of luck which will be explained after the next show that cannot be built upon and he won't be back in a TNA ring at all :(

**EDIT** and forgot to mention, predictions more than welcome. On one of the shows if I get enough I might give a winner a starring role, or at the very least a brief cameo on one of my shows....

so on this show it's....

Falls Count Anywhere: Steve Corino Vs Buff Bagwell

Slash Vs K-Krush

Christopher Daniels Vs Jose Maximo

Paulie Glory Vs Lash LeRoux

and who will Scott Hall hold accountable for the attack last week?

Edited by jayden

Figured I better take a look at the competition here and I'm mostly liking what I am seeing. What I'm not liking is mainly down to personal preference though so it isn't to do with you as such.

The Siaki push is interesting as most - myself included - wouldn't utilise him in a prominent role but you've taken a different route and stuck him with a nice gimmick to help him get over.

Hell Bound though is a horrible name for the group, really deflated the group for me at the very beginning. Although Tempest is a brilliant name. Wish I'd thought of it. :(

Darkness & Light look interesting but right now they're only face paint and nice physiques. But you'll probably development them in the next few weeks. But "Lightness" isn't a word as far as I know. Maybe make them 'The Warrior of Darkness' and 'The Warrior of Light'?

PAUL FUCKING ROMA?!?!?!?!?!?! PAUL FUCKING ROMA?!?!? Please no. Nice slant you've taken but surely there were people better than Roma who could have that slot?

The new format is better than the old one. :thumbs up:

As for the next show. I see Corino going over Bagwell (He better go over Bagwell, you give Bagwell the win and face the conqequences), K-Krush going over Slash by DQ, Daniels over Maximo and Glory needs the win on his debut so he'll beat LeRoux.

Guest WrasslinBoard

Predictions....

I see you putting Buff Bagwell over in this one

K-Krush over Slash

Christopher Daniels over Jose Maximo

Paulie Glory over Lash LeRoux

and I reckon that the guy Hall holds responsible for his attack is Jarrett.

Keep it up. :D

user posted image

Wednesday July 17th 2002

Attendance: 3160

-This is Piper’s World-

The show kicks off with Jeff Jarrett being followed by a cameraman down a corridor

Jarrett: That’s it slappy, you follow me in here. I want the whole world to be watching when I get granted my World Title shot

Jarrett shoves open a door and steps inside, followed by the cameraman. NWA Chief Commissioner Roddy Piper is sitting behind his desk playing with one of those wooden bat and elasticated ball things as he turns to face Jarrett.

Piper: Oh, it’s you

Jarrett: You’re sure as hell right it’s me Piper. Now you saw me send Apolo packing back to Puerto Rico last week. I want my title shot against Malice and I want it tonight.

Piper: Title shot? Title shot? You want a title shot? Eh he, see I been watching the tape back from last week and I aint givin nobody a title shot tonight!

Jarrett’s smug grin soon disappears as he steps up into Piper’s face

Jarrett: Who the hell you think you’re talking to old man? I won my match, I want my title shot. You better start giving me what I want or it aint just gonna be Hell Bound you gotta worry about round here

Piper’s so far jovial expression changes as he bawls into Jarrett’s face

Piper: I AINT AFRAID A NOBODY, you get your ass outta here while you’re still in the title picture brutha!

Both men pause as the phone on Piper’s desk begins to ring. Piper stares Jarrett out before reaching to pick up the phone as Jarrett walks out, remarking on his way out that he’d get his title shot with or without Piper

Piper: Talk……………… he’s what?………………….. and you’re sure?……………………. ok send big Don in here for me will ya.

Piper looks straight into the camera, noticing the cameraman is still in his office

Piper: what the hell are you looking at? GET OUTTA MY OFFICE.

Piper continues to talk on the phone as the camera fades away

63%

Tenay: What about that Don, Roddy Piper’s in control and he’s not about to let someone like Jeff Jarrett push him around. There’ll be no title shot for Jarrett tonight.

West: After the way that he picked up that win against Apolo last week Mike, boy I gotta say I think Piper’s made the right decision

Disco: Of course you do Don West, now what the hell is up with that shirt? You look like a freaking Christmas tree!

-The in ring debut of Paulie Glooooory!

Lash LeRoux Vs Paulie Glory w/Stan Lane

Lash was already in the ring when the camera got there and Lane led out his man. Stan had on a pair of jeans, shirt, and a cowboy hat while Paulie was wearing his stars and stripes trunks and came out once again with an American flag wrapped around his shoulders. Glory jumpstarted the match early and spent most of it in control against the former WCW star. Lash had a few brief flurries of offence but it was Glory who scored the inevitable win eventually hitting a flying elbowdrop off the top in an uninspiring contest. As they made their way backstage victorious Lane remarked into the microphone that Paulie was Bound for Glory!

Glory wins by pinfall

54%, 49%, 59%

-The Fallen Angel sets out to prove a point-

After the match we’re taken straight backstage to Goldylocks who is waiting with the TNA X Division Champion, Christopher Daniels. Daniels has on a hooded cloak and is wearing the X division title belt around his waist as Goldy cuts us that killer smile

Goldy: I got it right here baby, I’m talking about the TNA X Division Champion Christopher Daniels. You’ve got a match up next against Jose Maximo but without the X division title on the line?

Daniels: Was that a question? It’s really simple, there’ll be no long prologue, no overbearing speech. The Fallen Angel won the X Division Title just five weeks ago, and in doing so I’ve already beaten every contender for my title. Tonight Goldylocks I’ll show the world that there’s nobody out there worthy of challenging for this belt, that I’ve not already beaten and that Goldylocks, that is the Gospel according to the Fallen Angel!

Daniels walks off screen as Goldylocks sends it back to Mike, Don and Disco

83%

-The Fallen Angel sets out to prove an X Division point-

”Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels Vs Jose Maximo

Daniels got a really loud, if mixed reaction from the crowd as he came out to the ring. Whether they were cheering him, or booing him, they were sure making a lot of noise which was surprising. Maximo got almost no reaction though and it soon killed the heat as the match began. In the early going Daniels skillfully outwrestled Jose pausing after every exchange to play to the crowd. Despite some nice spots, including Maximo trying to hit a frankensteiner after springboarding in from the apron before being caught by Daniels, spun around 360 and driven into the mat with a sit out powerbomb, the result was never in doubt. Tenay and West made reference to the staredown between Low Ki and Daniels on last week’s show suggesting that Low-Ki would be looking for a shot at the title before long. The end came when Daniels hit the Last Rites on Jose for the three count.

Daniels wins by pinfall

64%, 40%, 89%

Tenay: The only X Division NWA:TNA has ever seen looked hugely impressive out there tonight Don

West: Boy Mike, you’re not wrong there. I mean he was just giving it to Jose Maximo. But think about what he said before the match Mike, he’s already beaten everyone in the division and when you think about it, he’s right!

Disco: Of course he’s right tubby, really I don’t know how they expect me to come out here and work like this. I can barely see out here with the glare off that shirt and you know what Don? You’re a big heavy guy, having to “carry” your ass every week is a strain! Why don’t you just go home and when we have some cutlery we need selling we’ll give you a call!

Wrestling’s true outsider wants in-

The camera is sent backstage by Tenay to Goldylocks who is making her way briskly through the reception of the building to get to a door. Don Harris is standing just inside the door and appears to be talking to someone on the outside. As Goldylocks steps around we can see it’s Scott Hall in his street clothes, jeans and a shirt.

Harris: …… I’ve got the orders, there’s no way in Scott. No discussion, just leave.

Hall: You’re telling Scott Hall………. To leave?

Harris: No, Piper’s telling you to leave. I’m just standing in your way

Hall: We can do this whatever way you want “Heavy D” but…………. Scott Hall’s getting in this building tonight. Now, if you want some of the Bad Guy…………. Right here……….. right now……. Then why don’t you bring it? But why not put yourself in Scott Hall’s shoes? We’ve known each other a long time……………… and I know if someone laid out Don Harris last night, he’d be getting in this building one way or another.

Hall looks at Harris questioningly as Don pauses. Harris eventually steps aside and puts a radio with a mic on up to his mouth, pausing again to look at Hall

Harris: You got five minutes, go!

Hall looks back at Don confused before seeing him about to talk into the radio. Hall makes his way off down the corridor as Goldylocks looks on confused

Harris: Calling all security, calling all security, it looks like Scott Hall has forced his way into the building. I want a search starting, NOW!

80%

West: Oh Mike, you knew he was going to turn up here tonight, you just knew it!

Tenay: It looks like something Hall said must have struck a chord with Harris too because he didn’t put up much of a fight to stop him getting in

Disco: Don Harris had better go and start queuing at the unemployment lines because he should be out of a job right now. Hah, what do I care. Hall’s a beaten up old man. Whoever’s face he tries to get into tonight is just going to send him straight back to the hospital

-Hell Bound’s path of destruction continues…….. for a moment-

K-Krush Vs Slash w/James Mitchell & Daffney

The crowd never seemed overly interested in this one, from the point that Mitchell and Daffney led Slash out on a lead, to the build up to the match end the crowd seemed to be struggling to get into the action. K-Krush had his own music this week and even inserted some lyrics of his own as he danced to the ring with a mic. The match began at quite a slow pace with K-Krush controlling Slash with a deep arm drag before barring the arm and keeping him grounded. K-Krush continued to build momentum and after he hit a big flying forearm Slash crashed through the ropes to the outside where James Mitchell was there to help him regroup. K-Krush wasn’t letting up though and quickly sprung himself out over the top rope catching Mitchell and Slash and knocking both to the ground.

After the initial rush from K-Krush the advantage swung back and forth with both men picking their shots. Slash had begun to get more into the match and Mitchell was furious when the referee only gave a two count after a reverse neckbreaker from Slash. Slash sent K-Krush in for the ride but ducked his head as he came back towards him allowing K-Krush to hit the scissor kick, dropping Slash face first to the mat. K-Krush charged up to the top rope and waited for Slash to get up to his feet. As Slash staggered up onto one knee Daffney got up onto the apron distracting the referee. This allowed Mitchell to shove K-Krush from behind sending him tumbling from the top to the mat. Slash fought his way back up to his feet, grabbing K-Krush and hitting the Slash and Burn for the win.

As the bell rang Mitchell and Daffney stepped into the ring. Mitchell had a huge grin on his face as he knelt down in front of K-Krush and began to speak into his face. It wasn’t really audible what he was saying as he turned around and raised his hand as if calling out to the back. Tempest came charging down the aisle carrying what looked like some sort of sickle. Tempest slid into the ring and handed the sickle to Mitchell before he and Slash began putting the boots into K-Krush. Mitchell motioned for them to lift him up, which both Hell Bound members promptly did. Slash and Tempest held an arm out each, making K-Krush’s body look like the shape of a cross as James Mitchell stepped forward. He ran the sickle over K-Krush’s chest before stepping behind him. The crowd gasped as Mitchell reached the sickle around and held it to K-Krush’s neck……

Slash wins by pinfall

64%, 53%, 75%

West: MY GOD MIKE, SOMEBODY STOP THIS!

Tenay: What in the Hell’s going on! GET SECURITY OUT HERE!

-Who’s going to save K-Krush?-

………. Before Mitchell could make use of the sickle Sean O’Haire and Mark Jindrak came charging out from the back, sliding into the ring. As soon as they saw them, Tempest and Slash released K-Krush who dropped to the mat as Mitchell and Daffney slid out of the ring to the outside. The four men began to trade blows. O’Haire and Tempest brawled their way through the ropes to the outside while Slash and Jindrak continued to fight in the ring. Tempest and O’Haire were furiously trading blows and their brawl spilled out into the crowd. Once Jindrak had sent Slash flying out of the ring over the top rope with a clothesline their battle took much the same path. Mitchell and Daffney got back into the ring as the match referee helped K-Krush to the back. Suddenly Mitchell’s face turned to one of shock as he looked up……..

Scott Hall Vs Malice

….Mitchell saw Scott Hall stepping out from the back still in his street clothes. Hall played to the crowd as he began to slowly walk to the ring forcing Mitchell and Daffney to back away into the corner. Hall stopped and looked like he was ready to speak, calling for a microphone. A production guy near ringside ran over towards Hall but stopped before he got there. Hall seemed confused but the fans knew exactly why. Mitchell’s monster and NWA World Champion Malice had just stepped out from the back and was standing right behind Hall. Scott turned round as Malice grabbed him by the throat. Hall tried to fight it off, kicking Malice between the legs and shoving him off. Hall picked Malice up and as the two men were on the stage Hall pushed Malice’s head between his legs and gave the sign for the Outsider’s Edge. Tempest, Slash, O’Haire and Jindrak were last seen battering each other into a backstage area and Hall looked ready to deliver the Edge off the stage. The shouting voices from behind him forced Hall to pause and turn his head. He saw four generic TNA security guys step out from the back, one could be heard telling Hall that he had to leave the building on Piper’s orders. The momentary lapse was enough to allow Malice to back body drop Hall on the stage. The four security guys looked as if they were going to lunge for Malice but a cutting snarling look from the big man backed them up. Malice turned and dragged Hall up by the throat, getting him up, and driving him down off the stage with a chokeslam. Mitchell and Daffney looked on in glee as they made their way from the ring towards the stage. Mitchell stood up to the TNA Security guys who backed off as Malice lowered himself down from the stage to where Hall was laying unconscious. Malice reached down, his hand coming up covered in Hall’s blood which he proceeded to make a cross on his chest with. Malice placed one foot on Hall’s chest on the floor, and looked up at James Mitchell up on the stage who got down onto his knees and made a fake three count as Daffney jumped around laughing excitedly.

Malice scored the “non” win by pinfall

75%, 75%, 76%

Tenay: This is disgusting Don, security need to take control, Jindrak & O’Haire are battering Tempest and Slash around the building somewhere, K-Krush’s had to be helped out of there by a referee and now Scott Hall, DAMMIT DON! Hall was already injured from an attack last week. How much more can he take?

West: Oh I don’t like it one bit Mike, Scott Hall comes out here and I really thought James Mitchell was gonna get was was oweing to him but then, then the monster Malice, he comes out and chokeslams Hall off the stage.

Disco: Hah, That idiot Hall bought it on himself. He should have stayed laid up in the hospital. Looks like he’ll be on his way back there now though and I don’t think we’re going to see him any time soon! I love it Mike Tenay!

West: Gah, you make me sick Disco, why I outta……….. screw it, just send it to the back!

Mike and Disco both look at Don with confused expressions as he looks about to boil over

-Piper promises a resolution, and an announcement next week-

The camera goes backstage to Goldylocks who tells us she’s just seen Sonny Siaki walk into the NWA Chief Commissioner’s Office. Goldy opens the door and steps in to see Piper stood up from behind his desk and Siaki facing him

Piper: Ya know, this is a real nice visit ya payin me here Sonny but err……. WHAT THE HELL DO YA WANT?

Siaki: Sonny Siaki wants a World Title shot. You don’t think I deserve it? Go ask Jerry Lynn who left him laying two times straight

Piper: Title shot, title shot, everybody wants a title shot. Tell ya what Sonny, I got’s me a little idea that I’m gonna tell the world next week where you can all get the chance to earn ya title shots. Jerry Lynn, Jeff Jarrett, Apolo, Ken Shamrock whoever the hell wants one, I don’t care but until then I suggest ya walk that big ape butt a yours outta my office.

Siaki looks angered and steps forward. As he does so he sees TNA Head of Security Don Harris walk into the office behind him. Siaki turns around staring the big man down for a moment before brushing him aside and walking out of the room, telling Piper hell get his title shot on his way out

Harris: You wanted to see me boss?

Piper: Wanted to see ya, ya know Don, that’s about right. See I been sat in this office all night and I been wanting to see ya a number of times. When Scott Hall was tryin ta get into the building. I wanted to see ya then. When Mitchell was setting to slaughter K-Krush in the ring, ya know what, I wanted to see ya then too. And then when Malice was chokeslamming Scott Hall straight to hell, I wanted to see ya then.

Harris: I’m sorry Boss, I……

Piper: STOP right there, I aint a man who likes excuses. It’s real simple Don, you go pack your stuff up and go home. It’s been a hell of a night and it’s time for you to go, get yaself home, put ya feet up, and relax.

Harris: Err, ok, thanks Boss

Piper: Then ya do the same thing tomorrow, and tha same thing the next day, and tha same thing tha next because Don, eh he….. YOU’RE FIRED BABY!

74%

West: M-M-MY GOD MIKE! We’ve not got a head of security anymore.

Tenay: But when you look at what’s gone on tonight Don, you can’t blame Roddy Piper for taking the action that he has. We need someone to step up and take control and Harris not only allowed Scott Hall to put himself in danger but was then nowhere to be seen as things spiraled out of control.

Disco: Don West if you scream like that out here once more, I’m going to punch you right in the mouth. I’m drowning in saliva over here.

Don looks about ready to snap as his tubby face begins to flare. Tenay tries to calm West down and sends it to the ring for the main event

-Is This the End? My only Friend, the End?-

No Holds Barred, No Disqualifications, Falls Count Anywhere: Buff Bagwell Vs Steve Corino

It was time for the main event and the crowd seemed really hot at this point after everything that had gone on tonight. Corino made his entrance first wearing short black and white trunks. There was no Francine accompanying him, with Don West referencing her injury on last week’s show. The crowd actually gave Buff a really decent pop when he ran out to the ring. Whatever anyone thinks of him, he’s still showing signs that he’s somewhat over. Bagwell stormed the ring and slid under the bottom rope. The two men began trading punches right from the start with Bagwell getting the better of the exchange, backing Corino up before sending him running into the corner. Bagwell followed in and hit a clothesline in the corner. Bagwell grabbed Corino and sent him into the other side trying the same move again but Corino bailed out of the way and Buff went straight into the turnbuckles. Corino slowed the pace right down and began to pound on Bagwell, charging into the corner with an Ohtani kick.

It didn’t take long for the match to spill to the outside and after Buff was tossed through the ropes Corino followed him out. Steve draped Bagwell over the guardrail at ringside before climbing up onto the apron, and then to the top turnbuckle. Corino leapt off with a double axe handle that left Bagwell reeling on the floor. Corino began arguing with a particularly fat lady in the front row and you could hear him ask whether she was Judy Bagwell’s Sister. The two men took their fight into the crowd for the first time when Bagwell back body dropped Corino into the fans as he charged at him. Bagwell followed him in and the crowd were really getting into it as a fan handed Bagwell his chair, which Buff proceeded to crack across Corino’s back. The two men brawled their way across the arena with both men having pin attempts come up short before Corino was finally tossed by Bagwell back into the ringside area.

As Corino knelt on all fours in the ring trying to regroup Bagwell was reaching under the ring. He came up with three chairs. He tossed the first two into the ring and then stepped back in carrying the third. Bagwell smashed the chair across Corino’s prone back again driving him to the mat. Bagwell set one of the chairs up in one corner, between the top and middle turnbuckles before walking across the ring and doing the same in the opposite corner. Bagwell picked Corino up and tried to Irish Whip him into the corner. Corino reversed it and went for an Irish Whip of his own, which Bagwell turned into a short arm clothesline. Buff picked Corino up and sent him charging into the corner, his back crashing into the chair that had been placed there. As Corino wilted in the corner Bagwell sent him charging across the ring to the opposite corner. Corino seemed to have found some energy from somewhere though and held the top turnbuckle, lifting his legs up and over as Bagwell raced in after him. Rather than keep going though Bagwell checked his movement and caught Corino’s legs, taking a small step back and driving Corino’s head into the chair. When Corino finally rolled over his face was beginning to drip blood.

Corino was in trouble and Bagwell continued to try and put him away. He set a chair up in the middle of the ring, and laid Corino with his head resting on the chair face down. Bagwell went up to the top rope but as he tried to come off with a legdrop Corino rolled out of the way and Bagwell got nothing but chair. Corino stumbled across the ring reaching for one of the other chairs. Bagwell staggered up to his feet holding the chair he’d just crashed into. Corino swung his at Bagwell’s head but Buff ducked it. Bagwell returned the favour but this time Corino ducked out of the way. Corino spun around and tossed his chair straight towards Bagwell’s head. Buff lifted his own chair up to block it but as he did Corino crashed a superkick into the chair, and Bagwell’s face. Corino made the cover but somehow Bagwell rolled his shoulder at two.

Corino tossed Bagwell to the outside, ramming his back into the apron before turning him around and sending him crashing into the guardrail at ringside. Corino’s bloodied mess of a face turned to the crowd as he raised his arm into the air, soliciting a great deal of heat. Corino dragged Bagwell over to the announce table where West, Disco and Tenay were sitting. Corino tried to slam Bagwell’s head into it but Bagwell blocked it, putting his foot up on the desk. Bagwell retaliated driving Corino’s face into the desk as Tenay, Disco and Don all tried to get out of the way. As Corino was slouched over the announce desk Bagwell went up to the top rope. Corino staggered up to his feet and turned around but was met by Bagwell leaping off the top rope and grabbing his neck for the Buff Blockbuster. Corino and Bagwell went straight through the table as the crowd began to chant “Holy Shit”.

Both men struggled on the outside, writhing in pain but it was Bagwell who fought his way up to his feet first. He signaled to the crowd that it was over, attempting a cover on Corino. The referee counted but somehow Corino rolled a shoulder at about two and three quarters. Before Bagwell could go any further the crowd turned. Francine came out from the back. She was just wearing jeans, and a loose t shirt, and had a neck brace on as she made her way to ringside with tears streaming down her face. Bagwell turned to look at her and seemed unsure of how to react. She made her way over to where Corino was laid out amongst the broken announce desk, and seemed to be pleading with Bagwell not to attack her. Buff turned his attention completely away from Corino and stood facing Francine who was begging him not to hurt her man anymore.

Bagwell turned back to Corino but Francine stepped forward, grabbing his arm and turning him back around. The two stood face to face as the tears flowed and she continued to plead with Bagwell to stop. Francine took Bagwell’s hand and tried to lead him away but he wouldn’t budge. Bagwell hadn’t seen Corino start to stir behind him though and as Corino got to his feet, chair in hand, the crowd all began to scream out. This caught Bagwell’s attention and as he turned around, ducking Corino’s chairshot, Francine got laid out with the chair by a bloodied Corino. Steve seemed not to care what he’d done and as Bagwell knelt over her to see if she was ok Corino smashed the chair into the back of Bagwell’s skull, dropping him over Francine. Corino made the cover as the referee counted, 1……2…….3! Corino stepped back into the ring, his face a bloodied mess as he held his first in the air, Bagwell and Francine both destroyed on the arena floor as the show went off the air/

Corino wins by pinfall

75%, 79%, 69%

Tenay: Wait, Corino’s behind Bagwell. He’s got a chair!

West: OH MY GOD THAT’S UNREAL MIKE! She was already injured

Tenay: Corino with another chairshot, no regard for Francine, this is sickening Don

Disco: This is great Mike Tenay!

West: 1…..2……3 MY GOD IT’S OVER!!!!

Show Rating: 71%

Guest Sharkmark101

Ok Jay' show thoughts...first show I've read of yours and to be honest..it was great :)

The intro promo was alright. It was realistic enought to picture in my head

Leroux's match was not so interesting, probably because it was short and I don't have much interest in Lash or Glory

Daniel's promo was also pretty good due to the fact I could picture him actually saying that, his match however was average...not enough description :(

Hall and Harris...this was interesting...kinda like something you see in a movie...I liked this part a lot

Krush Vs Slash...good...but it didn't stand out...the post match beat down will hopefulyl lead to something, especially with O'Haire and Jindrak running in

Malice Vs Hall....like the last match...ok...but nothing to special (no offence :))

Harris and Piper promo...I liked the last promo involving Harris....I LOVED this one...gald to see that goon is gone...and he was fired in style...fav part of the show so far

Corino Vs Bagwell.........GERRRREAT!

I like both Bagwell and Corino a lot...this match was best on the show by far...it had realism to it and it was just enjoyable to read...both guys were used correctly......the chair duel was awesome and the ending was just brilliance...I look forward to seeing what happens now

WWE STEALS TNA STAR, AND STOPS POTENTIAL SIGNING

20th July 2002

The WWE made a big powerplay this past week which many within the industry believe was an attack on NWA:TNA. This past Thursday it was rumoured that Shane Douglas had been talking with NWA:TNA management about a deal to work for them. As soon as word got out about that the WWE suddenly showed an interest in a worker that they’d had plenty of opportunities to sign in the past. By the end of Friday evening Douglas was a fully fledged member of the WWE roster and any potential move to TNA had been snubbed out.

A much bigger blow was dealt to TNA on Sunday though as Disco Inferno was approached, and signed by the WWE to an exclusive deal. He had no written contract with NWA:TNA and was working on a pay per appearance type deal until that point. While Disco had been working as an announcer on the opening shows the plans were to build heat between him and Don West leading to future storylines and an in ring return, probably against West himself at some point. Those plans are scuppered, although personally in that respect the WWE may have done them a favour. West Vs Disco was not something I’d have wanted to see.

The figures for last week’s show were again promising. With the attendance matching the past week’s show they maintained their rise in that respect. The buy rate looks as though it’s at around a 0.18 which again holds the ship steady and proves that right now they still aren’t losing any viewers.

22nd July 2002

6 MEN, SO MANY ISSUES

This week’s NWA:Total Nonstop Action Pay Per View main event promises to be a six man war as Jerry Lynn teams up with Brian Christopher & K-Krush to take on NWA World Champion Malice, Jeff Jarrett and “Future Icon” Sonny Siaki. With so much at stake can this one possibly stop from boiling over? Brian Christopher & K-Krush have had their own problems with Malice and Hell Bound, not least the attempted butchering last week of K-Krush which many have said pushed things just too far. Add to that the World Title aspirations of every man involved in the match, Jerry Lynn, Sonny Siaki and Jeff Jarrett all desperate to get build momentum and get back to a shot at the very man that will be in that ring with them, Malice. Siaki already holds two wins over Jerry Lynn, one of which owed a big favour to Jeff Jarrett. You just can’t afford to miss this main event

PIPER’S ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE WORLD TITLE

On last week’s show NWA Chief Commissioner “Rowdy” Roddy Piper promised to unveil a solution to deciding who out of the many potential challengers would get a shot at Malice’s NWA World Title. He’s been tight lipped all week but just what does Piper have in mind? We’ll find out on this week’s show

In addition tomorrow Goldylocks is paying a special visit to the hospital to check on the condition of Francine. After taking the Blockbuster two weeks ago, and then the brutal chairshot from Steve Corino last week we’ll be sure to bring you the footage as Goldy visits Francine to get an update on her condition. Paulie Glory will also be in action against Norman Smiley, while new NWA:TNA Tag Team Darkness & Light go into the ring to face the Maximo’s. And after TNA X Division Champion “Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels once more proclaimed that he’d fought himself out of challengers for his title belt, just weeks after winning it, Jimmy Yang, Elix Skipper and Jorge Estrada will face off against each other for a shot at the TNA X Division title.

Be sure to tune in this Wednesday night, 8pm EST, contact your local cable operator for purchasing information

• 7 months later...