Season Four Finale of The Shield

Fitzy

Alright, so the day has finally come that the first episode of season four of The Shield will air tonight. I am really excited that it is returning and I have been waiting for this day since seaosn three ended last year.

I have been re-watching my DVDs of season one, two, and three since then. I just got through re-watching season three. I read that a lot of people didn't really enjoy season three on various message boards. I am not sure why as I loved it, but this is my favorite show and I have only been bored with one episode out of the 41 that have already aired (that one was episode #209, Co-Pilot, I just thought it was pointless to go back when we didn't really need it).

Anyway, please keep this spoiler free (just talk about the current episode when it airs and nothing more. If you must use spoilers, at least use the spoiler tags.

Use the following to mark spoilers. 

Insert Spoilers Here

That will give you this:

Insert Spoilers Here

Edited by Fitzy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a pretty good episode. The line about "killed or be killed" by that dog by Mackey with Monica Rowlings saying that the dog was going to shoot someone was pretty good.

I really liked how Dutch and Wyms are on the shitlist of the DA. Dutch is the kind of guy who most certainly is not going to stick around and have his record look like shit because of Wyms. I see him ditching her real soon. He can't go very long without getting credited with a win, that's for sure.

Ronnie sticking by with Vic was pretty cool. At least they are keeping Ronnie around. So the Strike Team wasn't completely gone. Two out of the four was better than all four in different areas.

The Strike Team's room being changed into a tape library for the AVG sting operation looks so strange. Vic getting stuck watching videos all day long must have pissed this guy off.

And that was shown when he beat the shit out of that guy due to him beating the shit out of his own son. Great scene.

I hope Lem is going to be getting back in the Barn soon. He needs to be working with them. I can see Rowlings offering him a spot in this new street team she is forming. But I am not sure how Vic or Ronnie will take that. But I doubt they will not at least try and add him to the group.

The ending with Shane and Vic was a good confrontation. This storyline is going to be awesome to watch unfold.

I only hope they don't just forget about Tavon. I'd like to see if they include what Tavon has been up to. I doubt he is working, but at least show that Lem and Tavon have kept in contact as they were close friends.

Overall, a very good start to season four.

And just for the hell of it, Over There looks like a interesting series. FX has The Shield, Nip/Tuck, and Rescue Me which are all awesome. Now they have Thief and Over There. Both look like they will fit right in. I am going to be watching both of those. But Over There, from those previews (especially the one where the female soldier is listening to headphones and the male soldier is reading and then a bomb comes flying in. That looked really good).

So, thoughts on epsiode #401, The Cure?

Guest Bluesman

Like you I watched my DVD's in anticipation, but I only have Season 1. Man though was I lost the first part of the show. I couldn't remember why Dutch and Claudette were on the DA's list, etc. They moved a lot farther than I thought they were going to in this episode, as far as setting up what is to happen in the future. Damn though, I may go out and get Season 3 for $40 since I couldn't rent it, there is so much stuff I had completely forgotten about.

Guest Bluesman

Now that you mention it I had been gone the past few weekends.

That was very foolish on Acevada's part, he was already going to have Vic gunning after his ass. Now I really don't see Rawling telling Vic "no" if there is a chance to nail his ass...which may end up having something to do with the tape. I may be going out on a limb here, but do you think this will mean Acevada may rape someone?

I like how the last two episodes Vic has looked incredibly weak, with things like the garage sting slipping under his nose.

The fiancee said she thinks Vic and his wife (forgot her name, is it Corrine?) will be back together. And what was the deal with Dutch hitting on her?

Wonder if we'll see Tavan again. I almost wonder if this may end up bringing the team back together, only with Tavan in Shane's place...and them going after Shane.

The fiancee said she thinks Vic and his wife (forgot her name, is it Corrine?) will be back together. And what was the deal with Dutch hitting on her?

Wonder if we'll see Tavan again. I almost wonder if this may end up bringing the team back together, only with Tavan in Shane's place...and them going after Shane.

Guest Bluesman

I had completely forgotten about Vic and Lem telling him that. I really need to pick up the season sets.

One thing I tossed up to the woman awhile ago was the idea that perhaps Acevada raped that girl from season one? Although as I remember she did it specifically to get back at him because some others raped her because they claimed Acevada talked shit about her...I may be wrong though, which may leave open the door for this to come back.

I thought it was really wierd that Acevada watching someone else get raped turned him on especially after it happened to him, but maybe he liked it when it happened to him and maybe that is why he has been all wacked out in the head lately. Just a guess as to where they are going with the story. Meh, who knows?

I was re-watching "Grave," episode 402 of The Shield, last night and it showed Matthew, Vic's son, in a quick shot. I didn't notice it then, but I did now. It's a different kid playing him. Jack Weber is his name.

I hate when they re-cast people in shows (or even take them out of the show completely and just go on to mention they never exisited like they did in Family Matters or Grounded for Life). This is annoying when they do this.

Edited by Fitzy

Guest Bluesman

Hmm, I wonder what happens when they start to feature Vic's family a bit more. I would assume it is going to happen, especially with the bit about Dutch at the hospital.

On a similar note, does anyone know what is going on with the game? It was supposed to be out last tuesday, but I have yet to see it around.

Guest Bluesman

Good stuff. I think something may be up with Shane's kid (he had some mark on his forehead) and I'm certain something is up with the mom. I wonder if somehow it ties into the money she was taking from Shane last season.

Given the scenes for the next episode, and what happened in this one, they really are setting Vic up to be 'weaker' than he has been in the past.

I like what they are doing with Dutch and Claudette. Definately a different route than the one I thought they would take.

That was a good episode.

Rawling not returning the house back to the mother and her children was nice. I didn't want to see her end up taking something and then just hand it back to them. It makes it shown that she isn't kidding when she will take thigns from drug dealers. Giving it back would have ruined that whole thing.

Vic wanting Shane back was pretty good, but I like that Shane won't go back to being with him just to be his second or something like that. He is doing just fine without having to listen to Vic's orders. And him not wanting to leave Vice without Army, either, was pretty good. I like the Army character and if Shane does go to this new anti-gang unit, that he and Army would still be a team instead of going with Shane/Vic again. Vic should stick with Ronnie as his partner.

I thought Dutch would have left Claudette, but aparrently not. I like how he is doing something different in that he will have to do favors for the DA in order to get out of being blackballed from them.

Antwon putting up bail for that gang member and then giving him to the rival gang was pretty strange.

I agree that they are making Vic seem so much weaker in this season than any other season. They have Antwon looking stronger than he is and he is looking at Rawlings for approvals on everything he does. He was never like this with Aceveda. Why is he changing for Rawlings? To make her seem stronger or someone that can control Vic or what?

Guest Bluesman

His weakness I think is a result of the Strike Team getting disbanded, and his butchering of the tape case. From there he is desperate to get out onto the streets, and realizes that with the new Captain (with her attitude) he can do that if he plays his cards right. Also I think he has a respect for Rawlings that he never had with Acevada, as she's from the area as a street cop and really wants to clean up the streets, while Acevada was seen as a desk flunkie and looking to use the position to advance his career. They have to have Antwon looking strong in order to be a worthy adversary (although I wonder if the "top bad guy" won't end up being Shane), while at the same time I think he looks stronger because of Vic's current weakness.

I agree, I like how they are continuing to have members of the Strike Team on the show, however they are doing different things. Lemmy is still there, however he is focusing on his own area, as is Shane.

I thought that the whole episode was great except for the scene between the black cop (can't remember his name, the one that was almost gay, and then kind of gay, but then not gay) and the little kid in the gang. For some reason that scene just seemed a little out of place to me.