Season Four Finale of The Shield

Fitzy

That was an alright season finale. Nothing really awesome went down like in other season finales, but good nonetheless.

I liked that Antwon will now be killed. I hope they show that in season five when it returns sometime in 2006. Rawlings losing her job is good. I liked that they passed over Claudette once again and this time offered it to Dutch. I was surprised he did not take it. I'd love to see him be Vic's and the Strike Team's boss. It'd provide some good moments, I think. But it won't be happening now. I am not even sure who it could be.

Interesting storyline that will continue next season with the detective that Rawlings had looking into Vic ended up getting Vitario's girlfriend as his informant and giving up Lem. They took the heroin out of his van and replaced it with the fake stuff that they ended up giving to Qusano. I can't wait to see how this storyline goes down next season.

Again, nothing all that great happened, but I still enjoyed this season.

And did anyone hear the song in the credits? It's a different song. I do not like it. The original is so much better.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Future Shock

Yea, I hated the ending song. Keep the normal one.

I was worried when they talked about Lem getting caught with the heroin that he was going to be the one who left, but thank god it wasn't him. Lem is Jesus.

I'm thinking they're going to find out and maybe pull a Terry?

I think that for nexty season they will bring in another big star to play the new captain, but this time it will be someone who is on Aceveda's side and will try to disband the Strike Team once again. I think Ed O'Neil (Al Bundy from Married... With Children) would make a great new captain on the show. Just my opinion.

issent FX part of Fox ? If so they should use that and bring him in AS al bundy, bwahaha

i think the new captain should be someone from the current actors, as i said above about rawling, it was just taking to much time of the stuff that is already developed.

Is there any news yet on a Season3 DVD release?

This thread actually inspired me to rent the first season first disc on DVD when I was bored, and I liked the show. Brought the first and second seasons on DVD, and I LOVE THE SHOW! I really enjoyed season 2. So much so, that each day without season 3 makes me more and more angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. :shifty:

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Tuesday (June 14) night's fourth season finale of "The Shield" delivered strong ratings for FX, as the police procedural drew some 3.2 million viewers.

The finale's overall 3.2 million and the even more coveted 2 million viewers aged 18-49 were roughly in line with the season averages for "The Shield." The Emmy-winning drama was up 26 percent in overall viewership and 16 percent in the key young adult demos over last season.

The addition of new cast regulars Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson was credited with rejuvenating the drama's creative fortunes and that increase in quality led "The Shield" to average 1.2 million male viewers 18-49, making it basic cable's top original series for 2005 in that demographic. Perhaps because of Close's arrival, the number of women 18-49 was also up some 27 percent this season.

The fifth season is expected to begin production -- without Close -- in September with new episodes premiering some time in the first half of 2006.

FX's Tuesday night probably won't suffer in the absence of "The Shield," as the cable network's original programming wheel just continues to spin. "Rescue Me," the Denis Leary firefighter drama, starts its second season on Tuesday, June 21, running 13 consecutive weeks.