Weird Music Tastes?

Captain Kirk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the Beatles, and anyway, I took this topic as weird musical tastes for you, and not necessarily just weird bands you like. For instance, when people look at me, they don't know i'm hopping up and down to "Hella Good" in my head.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the Beatles. It's not that I don't necessarily *like* them, it's the fact that they are highly overrated IMHO.

These days I really feeling the Beach Boys (particularly Pet Sounds stuff), Bobby Darin, and anything Neil Young. No clue why, it's just all good stuff.

The later Beatles stuff was great... they evolved so much. Their pop stuff never really hit with me all that well, but Happiness is a Warm Gun, While My Guitair Gently Weeps, Dear Prudence, and songs from that era of the band are fucking clutch.

Guest ch1ppy08

My favorite bands are blink-182, Simple Plan, and Green Day, but I also listen to Usher and Eminem....

Sometimes I listen to the Beatles, David Bowie (and Ziggy Stardust), Sex Pistols, etc.

edit: oh yeah, the Rolling Stones are the shiznit!

Edited by ch1ppy08

My favourite bands are 60's and 70's rock acts, so some people are surprised to find Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, Jay Z, Chemical Brothers, and that sort of stuff in my collection. But I wouldn't call that really weird. Also love jazz and crooners.

The only real "weird" band mentioned in here is Anal Cunt. The rest are just bands that don't necessarily fit in with what other people think of you... and if you only listen to one genre of music I pity you.

And the Beatles rape you and your entire family. Castillo's bagging out of the Beatles is especially laughable.

Guest Grapehead

Ahh, yes, I love you Beach Boy lovers, they are amazing. You can't HATE the Beatles though, I get the bub who just isn't wowed or anything, but to hate them seems awkward. To hate any musician really(and when I say musician, I mean someone who writes and/or plays music; not Brittany Spears, Hillary Duff, etc. etc... etc.), you have to have some form of respect for someone who can be that passionate, and I don't think hate and respect go together.

It's not that I don't necessarily *like* them, it's the fact that they are highly overrated IMHO.

Esp. the earlier material. The whole "yeah yeah yeah" type deal just doesn't do it for me. Now I can dig the later material (esp. "Across the Universe"), but I don't and will not ever like pre-Rubber Soul Beatles.

Yeah, music that breaks previous social or musical boundaries is really terrible. You mightn't think it's catchy but to say you hate something that paved the way for the type of music you listen to today is disrespectful.

Guest 12characters

It's not that I don't necessarily *like* them, it's the fact that they are highly overrated IMHO.

Esp. the earlier material. The whole "yeah yeah yeah" type deal just doesn't do it for me. Now I can dig the later material (esp. "Across the Universe"), but I don't and will not ever like pre-Rubber Soul Beatles.