Law And Order: SVU & CI

apsham

Did anybody watch either of these tonight? I can't believe how great these shows are, both for their own reasons. I had my reasons before, as to why I liked the original and never really paid attention to these two... but this is just amazing.

I really think people spend too much time with CSI type shows, and don't pay enough attention to Law And Order series.

Law and Order is definitely > CSI. I'm a bigger fan of SVU than CI, but I do think Dinofrio rocks. Has anyone checked out the Trial By Jury spinoff yet? I don't know if I should start watching.

Both CSI and L&O are both getting played out too much

Law & Order

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Law & Order: Trial By Jury

CSI

CSI: Miami

CSI: New York

It's just like these series are trying to fight over who gets the biggest amount of primetime shows. 7 of the only 21(or 22 if you count Sunday 7-8PM) primetime hours a week has the name CSI or L&O attached to it.

Now onto what I think of the series, SVU is ok and I only watch it when there is nothing else on TV, CI isn't as good and I don't watch it.

Edited by Corizzle

CSI:NY started here a couple of months back, and I was pretty excited to see it, mainly because im a Gary Sinese fan.

Anyway, I watched the first 3 episodes, and the only thing I don't like about it is that the storylines are so unbelievable. Like women only being able to communicate through blinking?

Gary Sinese still kicks ass though.

Vincent D'Onofrio is the main reason I watch Criminal Intent, and they use his character perfectly throughtout the whole show. CI also has good production methods, instead of hipping it up like CSI does.

In Special Victims Unti, I like B.D. Wong's psyche character, because they use him well in the episodes that he's in. Nicholas Gonzalez was in the episode I was talking about last night, which was a rerun from February. I've seen his Det. Miguel Sandoval a few times, and it really worked last night.

i saw a cupple of the original Law and Order Shows on German TV and must say i found them prittylame, i like whatching CSI every now and than, nothing i need 3 times a week ore would buy dvd sets of, but that show just is fun most of the times, Law and Order just bores me, there are so manny good court movies out there, you can read john grishom and so one, l&O just dossent hold up against the other qualety on that sector. :-x

That's why the spin-offs were made, I suspect. The originals mianly dealt with the court cases, and how the system could be held up etc. The others, usually deal more with field more;

CI: Deals with mainly two detectives, the guy of which is the stand-out star as he has a quality of finding clues and holes in people's storys.

SVU: Deals more with the people aspect, and how society works me thinks. That's why there's a lot more ethnic characters, from a variety of backgrounds.

I think the original CSI is miles above and beyond the Law and Orders. That said, Law and Order is MUCH better at their spin offs, as CSI Miami is lame and NY is already played out and uninteresting, whereas years later I still dig both SVU and CI (SVU moreso, though I also love Vincent D'Onofrio and think he's the best L&O character around).

Guest Ringmaster

CSI, to me, is badly acted, baldy filmed and has meh storylines. L&O is miles ahead, although I have not watched the original on a weekly basis since Moriarty left. SVU is fun but I don't watch it on a weekly basis, CI was great, but they made the D'Onofrio character way too weird, he's become an uber-creep. Trial By Jury is fun too, but not something I'm gonna go out of my way to watch.

Where's the love for Criminal Intent?

I'm with the fuck CSI crowd, my L&O ranking goes thus,

1-Criminal Intent (Goran is my anti-thetical hero)

2-SVU

3- Law & Order Classic (that's what they call it now right? >_>)

I miss Lenny.

I think the only reason why I love the Law and Order spin offs so much is because some of them are ex-OZ cast. The lead detective from SVU, the psychologist on SVU, The female detective from CI, and the psychologist from vanilla L&O.

I think the only reason why I love the Law and Order spin offs so much is because some of them are ex-OZ cast. The lead detective from SVU, the psychologist on SVU, The female detective from CI, and the psychologist from vanilla L&O.

I just watched the episode in which the female decetive (Munch's partner) got fired. The FBI pshycologist was one of the Nazi's from Oz.

Edited by Quom

I've never watched any Law and Order shows, while I really can't tell the different CSI shows apart. How are the spin-offs different besides being in different cities? Same format...same one dimensional characters. Just...boring.