Board Games

Chess and Risk would have to be my favourites. I dislike word games like Scrabble, because my vocab tends to be patchy at best. Also Monopoly, the Game of Life, Go For Broke, Pictionary, Cluedo, Mah Jong (even though it doesn't technically have a board, it does have the tiles all set up...), Mouse Trap(!), Connect 4, and some game called 'Taxi!' where you're taxi drivers in London, are all ones I can think of that I've played and enjoyed. And if you really want to go old school...Hungry frikkin' Hippos bitch!

I remember really wanting Risk for Christmas when I was like 8...that fact now disturbs me. I also wanted Sratego, but I never got it.

I'm the only 'game player' in my family, which sucks. None of them like board games enough to play with me, and they argue that "It's no fun, you'd just win". First of all, ENJOY THE FRIKKIN GAME. And second of all, if you play you'll get better. Fools.

I do have an uber-competative friend who I'll sometimes play at Chess, Monopoly, Risk etc...but then I always win, so that doesn't last very long.

People suck. <_<

Edited by stokeriño

I've decided that once again I'm a big fan of board games.

They're the new computer games y'know...

Anyone else love a good game of Monopoly, Cluedo or anything a bit deeper?

If so, post your favourite games in here cos I'm always up for new suggestions to spend my money on.

Stratego

Kinda like chess, but you don't know what your opponent's pieces are.

Civilisation The Boardgame

Sid Meier's - how cool is that?! Based on the computer game with a huge four foot board and of course multiplayer!

Campaign

Napoleonic Warfare. Slightly confusing but great when you get started.

Risk

The classic war world domination game. A game can last a week. I love this game.

Settlers Of Catan

Board game of the year for loads of years apparantly. Build towns, roads and strategically place them to mine more produce.

Monopoly

It's just the classic. Great fun to play, though not so great with just two players.

Scrabble

Classic word play. Just really playable and I normally beat my wife so enjoy it.

Really Nasty Horse Racing Game

A great game where you bet on your horse or others, run a race and can screw other people's chances of winning a race to make more money.

I like loads of other games but they're the ones I can think of right now...

I put all of those amongst my favourite. Another one is a second horse racing game "Totopoly" dunno if it's still out in shops but it was a two in one game, on the one hand you started off buying the stables and the horses and "training" them and on the other you simply raced them. They ran together too so you could start out with a horse each and back them and put money into buying new horses and so on. Great game that was actually.

Edited by Troy Maskell

Chess, it takes knowledge and tactical ability to make it so the king has no way of moving without getting into checkmate - so nearly every game I play is a draw. Except when my grandad played with me, and he'd kick my ass so badly.

Wrestling_Man...

The Really Nasty Horse Racing Game is based around a race meeting of six races.

Up to six people can play.

You each have six "horses", ranging in skill from 1 (highest) to six (lowest). All the races have different prize money.

The order of races is decided so everyone privately decides and writes down which of their horses they want to race in each race.

Everyone is given a small amount of money and four "incident" cards which can do different things such as make any horse fall on the flat or on certain jumps, allow a rider to remout, call for a photo finish, recall for a restart if your horse is a long way behind, make an opponent horse spin around or veer sideways uncontrollably...

For each race everyone draws a lane card. There are six lanes then depending on the lane you draw and the quality of the horse you enter the odds are worked out (there's a grid on the board but usually it's simply multiplying. Therefore horse 1 in lane 1 would be EVENS, horse four in lane three would be (4x3) 12-1.

Everyone secretly bets on the horse they want to win (can be their horse or another), as much money as they want and can afford.

A dice is rolled to move horses around the track. At any time someone can lay a card to screw up a horse (as long as it's under the terms stipulated on the card) The inside lane has a lot fewer spaces than the outside lane (on the corners, the inside lane has one space compared to the outside lane's 6, second lane's 2, third lane's 3 etc...)

You can only move in a lane if you roll a six, so if a horse is blocking you but you don't roll a six you have to decide whether it's worth it to go around the outside of them.

At the end of the race prize money is given to first second and third and then money is given to those who bet correctly and taken off those who bet incorrectly. In some races it's easier to make more money by betting on the winner rather than your own horse winning and in others it's the other way round.

The game is great, entertaining, exciting and good for starting fights.

My fav's:

1.) Risk

2.) Monopoly

3.) Trivia Pursuit

4.) Scrabble

5.) Sorry