Board Games

I've decided that once again I'm a big fan of board games.

They're the new computer games y'know...

Anyone else love a good game of Monopoly, Cluedo or anything a bit deeper?

If so, post your favourite games in here cos I'm always up for new suggestions to spend my money on.

Stratego

Kinda like chess, but you don't know what your opponent's pieces are.

Civilisation The Boardgame

Sid Meier's - how cool is that?! Based on the computer game with a huge four foot board and of course multiplayer!

Campaign

Napoleonic Warfare. Slightly confusing but great when you get started.

Risk

The classic war world domination game. A game can last a week. I love this game.

Settlers Of Catan

Board game of the year for loads of years apparantly. Build towns, roads and strategically place them to mine more produce.

Monopoly

It's just the classic. Great fun to play, though not so great with just two players.

Scrabble

Classic word play. Just really playable and I normally beat my wife so enjoy it.

Really Nasty Horse Racing Game

A great game where you bet on your horse or others, run a race and can screw other people's chances of winning a race to make more money.

I like loads of other games but they're the ones I can think of right now...

I love Monopoly. We got the Cambridge Monopoly for Christmas (Obviously because I live in Cambridge) and it damn rules. Just a classic board game which everyone can usually enjoy and have a laugh with.

Scrabble is awesome too. When my Mum was in the hospital having my brother years back I spent days on that game playing with my older brother, classic stuff. Payday is another favourite too. A kids game which my little brother has, but you can still enjoy it and have a good laugh.

Although I can just remember a pure awesome Turtles board game, someone needs to help me remember it properly. Ive got it somewhere from like years upon years back, around the time that Turtles used to be on Sky 1, when Sky 1 was actually good that was and Turtles was awesome. You like used to spin a wheel thing and you'd collect pizza things if I remember correctly.

My mom is one of those "genius level crossward" types, so I never win at scrabble. I do my best to keep it competitive.

Among the more, uh, hip crowd, I'm always down for some strategamo.

I've decided that once again I'm a big fan of board games.

They're the new computer games y'know...

Anyone else love a good game of Monopoly, Cluedo or anything a bit deeper?

If so, post your favourite games in here cos I'm always up for new suggestions to spend my money on.

Stratego

Kinda like chess, but you don't know what your opponent's pieces are.

Civilisation The Boardgame

Sid Meier's - how cool is that?! Based on the computer game with a huge four foot board and of course multiplayer!

Campaign

Napoleonic Warfare. Slightly confusing but great when you get started.

Risk

The classic war world domination game. A game can last a week. I love this game.

Settlers Of Catan

Board game of the year for loads of years apparantly. Build towns, roads and strategically place them to mine more produce.

Monopoly

It's just the classic. Great fun to play, though not so great with just two players.

Scrabble

Classic word play. Just really playable and I normally beat my wife so enjoy it.

A great game where you bet on your horse or others, run a race and can screw other people's chances of winning a race to make more money.

I like loads of other games but they're the ones I can think of right now...

I'm personally a huge fan of Scrabble, Scattergories, and Monopoly.

I used to like Connect Four, but this summer I played it against my friend who is seriously some sort of math genius, and it was just frustrating, because he'd have me beat like 4 moves before I knew it was coming.

Bastard.

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little secret. It's a game called Huggermugger, it's fucking awesome. If you can find it (EBay it, I don't think it's sold anymore), buy it, it's a blast. Especially with a full game of four people, but it's still fun with just two. Go find it.

Guest Wrestling_Man

Chess, Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble. All favorites. I prefer Scrabble over all of them though because Monopoly takes forever, I don't care too much for Clue, and I suck at Chess.

I had this game called 'Go For Broke'. Basically, first person to throw away all their money wins, that game was awesome and I played it loads when I was younger.

I also had this other wicked Wallace and Gromit board game, now that was a game and then some.

Cluedo, Risk and the Pac-Man board game are some of the greatest things known to man. Only problem being that you always end up losing bits of the Pac-Man game, and Risk takes about as long to play as *actual* empire building.

My roomate got a version of Trival Pursuit which covers the modern era. Meaning no mind bending questions that Stephen Hawking couldn't answer. It's 1981 to 2001 in range, 20th anniversary (?) Anyone else got that?

Chess is good stuff, although I'm terrible at it. Upwords and Scrabble, those are cool too.

I dunno if this counts, since it's sold in geek-stores and not regular stores, but, Me and my friends play a game called "ZOMBIES!!" and it rocks so hard. Basically, you're wandering arounda zombie infested city(or military base, or mall, or woods, depending on what expansions sets you have) trying to find a helicopter to take you to saftey before the other players. What makes the game really interesting are the event cards which you can use to both help you, and royally fuck over your opponents.