NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Why ask Larry Brown? He wasn't on the floor at the time and I'm sure he couldn't yell to his team FOUL Shaq. That's something the players just should have known to do in that type of situation. Oh well you live and learn.

A "brilliant" coach would have told his team to foul instantly and make LA have to foul them right back or make and miss one, get the rebound and score again. Larry got caught with his pants down.

And Pacaveli's statement is too foolish for words. Your team scored 2 points in the last 5 1/2 minutes and looked absolutely lost. If the Pistons lose game 3, you might see LA collecting the rings at the end of game 5.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch tonight's game?

They looked dead, just like San Antonio did. I think their done. They won a game in LA, congratulations, they didn't look as dominant as LA did in overtime, and LA never gave up.

And after tonight, I'm pretty sure Walton will play, hell, he might even start.

Did you watch the same 3rd quater I did? The Lakers were handed the first half by the refs. In the second half it was all Pistons until mid-way through the 4th.

I do agree with Walton I think the Lakers will start him at the 4 and have him try to stretch the D by playing on the weak side near the 3 point line.

oh so Detroit looked dead, it didnt even look like LA was born in game 1, they played like pure shit..

Thats why they lead at the half, and then faltered down the stretch.

Stop trolling, and think. Los Angeles did not roll over and die like Detroit did tonight.

EDIT:

EVERYTIME the Lakers win, someone says the refs giftwrapped it for them... did the refs force Detroit to play like shit in the final minute and overtime? If the refs were helping LA would they have lost an 11 point lead?

Stop speaking out of your ass and think.

Edited by sycodmn

Guest PacaVeli777

you people feel like the Pistons are done becuase they lost a game?What a bunch of shit, what about when Lakers lost game 1, where was all the talk then?

Stop making excuses. Detroit choked and then rolled over.

Wow now we're making excuses? Did someone forget what they were saying just a couple of days ago?

I expected this, I'm not going to run away from it.

Detroit played a nearly perfect game.

Los Angeles, save Shaq, took horrible shots, and they weren't forced by Detroit.

Los Angeles got caught sleeping on Detroit.

Phil Jackson DID NOT get outcoached.

Kobe, even with 25 points, played pretty shitty. Of course, he D'ed up the 'Most Conditioned, Best Jump Shooting Player in the Game Today' pretty fucking well.

Detroit played a great game against an average game by Los Angeles. They caught LA sleeping.

They'll get run out of Staples Center Game 2. By 15 or more.

But now when I want to defend the Pistons it's an excuse? You're right Detroit choked. But you're talking like Detroit is down 2-0 now. I keep reading that Detroit looked dead, big Fucking deal!

For those of you who might have forgotten, the series is 1-1! DETROIT didn't have to win Game 2. They got the victory they needed and now return back home.

you people feel like the Pistons are done becuase they lost a game?What a bunch of shit, what about when Lakers lost game 1, where was all the talk then?

The difference was the Lakers were favoured, as such the 1st game loss snapped them out of their complacency and made them realise the rings weren't theirs yet. The Pistons on the other hand played their rings out and still came up way short which will be demoralising.

Guest PacaVeli777

You think they rolled over and died? They came back form being down by 11, and took the lead, and put the game into overtime. Meanwhile in game 1 the lakers totally got blew out in the 2nd half. Im starting to wonder if you even watched the game tonight, or game 1, cause nothing your saying is making sense....

The fuck knows why they let Kobe get the ball with 10 left, they should have double teamed him, hell, tripled him if they had to.They should know by now that Kobe is Clutch.

Lakers still win in 5, or 6.I honestly see the Lakers picking up some momentum, and getting a roll on, winning the next game, and maybe game 4, 5 and 6 are the Lakers.Lake Show need more production from Payton, in Detroit though, to gurantee it.

Pistons don't have the experience, which will be a big factor, come back next year.Hell, it could be late 80's all over again.Get beaten by Lakers, beat the Lake Show the next year.Pistons are here for experience, to become battle hardened from the playoffs, IMO.

Hooked on Phonics mode for you.

* With 36 seconds left Detroit was UP 6 and 36 seconds away from a 2-0 lead.

* At the end of the night, LA won by EIGHT, outscored Detroit 16-2 in 5:36, with Shaq and Kobe in foul trouble.

* Larry Brown threw away the game by not fouling Shaq when he had the ball on the last possession.

* Detroit rolled over like dogs in the OT. Their heart is still on the floor of the Staples Center.

* Detroit is THISclose from being run out of the series. If they lose game 3, they will not win the championship, and might not win another game. Period.

* As I explained in the NHL thread, a heartbreaking loss is more of a crippler than a 12 point defeat or a game you were never in. It's obvious you don't really watch sports.

You think they rolled over and died? They came back form being down by 11, and took the lead, and put the game into overtime. Meanwhile in game 1 the lakers totally got blew out in the 2nd half. Im starting to wonder if you even watched the game tonight, or game 1, cause nothing your saying is making sense....

TWO POINTS IN OVERTIME?

I call that rolling over and dieing.

Read that again and perhaps you will realise why this loss will be so demoralising.

Because LA have lost games at home before, then proceeded to make adjustments and dominate the series... including against Philly with Larry as Coach....

Detroit hasn't been here before, at least not this collection of players... LA have, everyone except Walton who has used most of this year to learn from the best, Kobe, Shaq, Karl, Gary.... 4 HOF'ers helping you as the year goes on is a HUGE asset.

Guest PacaVeli777

The Lakers got embarassed in game 1, the Pistons got beaten in a game hard-fought game, theres no disputing it.

Yea lets see Larry bron run on the court and take a clip-board across the head of Shaq...

I just don't get it when people begin to talk about experince in any sport. Like the first time a QB gets to the Super Bowl, oh he doesn't have experience. The first time this Pistons team makes it to the Finals, oh they don't have experience. What the hell does experience have to do with anything? Because once you get down to it, nothing has changed and you still are playing basketball right?

Guest PacaVeli777

you guys are trully some dumbasses, why im even in here i dont know, you guys obviously are too far up the Lakers ass to see what the fucks going on, ill be back after game 3 to check up on this Pistons-2, Lakers-1 series, peace...

Anyone else think having 'Sheed guarding Shaq would make a better match up for the Pistons? It seemed that Shaq went quiet when 'Sheed was playing on him and Ben was offering the double team.

you guys are trully some dumbasses, why im even in here i dont know, you guys obviously are too far up the Lakers ass to see what the fucks going on, ill be back after game 3 to check up on this Pistons-2, Lakers-1 series, peace...

I have your ticket to e2o right here.... buh bye.