NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

*sigh*

~ Quom, putting 'Sheed on Shaq is idiotic, because 'Sheed's had foul problems in both games early already. Put him on Shaq and he's on his way to becoming a non factor, and without Rasheed, the Pistons are doner then done.

Weren't the majority of 'Sheeds fouls caused by having to move to help cover Shaq once he was past Ben? 'Sheed played Shaq half of the third without getting called for one foul, it was also when the Pistons managed to claw at the defecit. 'Sheed struggles to play help D but I think he can be the man Shaq blows by without picking up too many fouls. I agree entirely the Pistons need 'Sheed on the court, which isn't happening at the moment due to foul trouble any change has to be a good thing if it might change this.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stopping Shaq won't happen if it's 'Sheed or Ben.He can't be stopped.What the Pistons have to concentrate on is stopping the supporting cast, like they did in the first game.Let Shaq and Kobe do their thing, stop everyone around them, and that includes rookies like Luke Walton.Anyone else notice that the bench keeps on keeping this Lakers team alive, first Fisher, then Rush, now Walton.

Brian Cook's chance game 3?

Never said they could stop Shaq because they can't. They can make him less of a force however. He is too big for Ben to even consider trying to stop him. When 'Sheed was on him however he wasn't able to just turn and shoot like he could in games 1 and most of game 2 instead he actually missed quite a few shots. The main reason I would swap them is to free Ben up for the defensive rebounds if you watch the first 2 games Shaq pushes Ben under the hoop on nearly every play which led to offensive boards. If Ben's covering Malone he just needs to turn and jump for the boards without first fighting out from underneath Shaq.

I still think Fisher should be given the starting spot, fuck whatever loyalty they are showing to Payton the fact is he's too old to start. If Fisher starts and/or plays the majority of the game you shouldn't have Billups scoring and entering the paint at will like he is at the moment. Plus Fisher allows them to run the triangle which would stretch the Pistons D even further.

I knew Kobe could hold Rip, if anything I'm surprised Rip has been as big a threat as he has in this series. Kobe's one of the best defenders in the league when he can be arsed playing D plus he's athletic enough to not be too hampered by the screens being ran for Rip.

you don't put Rasheed on Shaq for the same reason you don't put Rip on Kobe......you work too hard on defense and it effects your offensive play. This is a major negative......and then the fouls come into play.

Kobe's playing on Rip and is still kicking arse. 'Sheed's barely playing anyway due to his constant fouling.

Edited by Quom

Guest Takayamanofear

I understand you guys have not been watching the Pistons but to say one shot can beat them is near idiotic. it has happened to them before many forget in game 1 of the Indiana series, Reggie Miller did the same thing to them in the Eastern Conference finals as Kobe did. What happened they came back and won the next two. They lost in Triple Overtime to the New Jersey nets to go down 2-3 and they came back and won the next two. This team loves to shut the press up, this is going to be there shot today. The mindset is not going be well Kobe made the last shot and lets roll over for the Lakers. Its going be that of a must win game. I think they will take 2 of the 3 at home. I don’t know how the series will end I hope the pistons win but I can’t really tell.

Oh yeah the answer to Shaq is Okur, I don’t know what Brown has against him but he does not play him much any more. Okur is a very underrated defender and can help control shaq a lot better than the undersized Wallace's.

Guest BornToRaiseHell

ummm now its a best of 5 series, with Detroit having the home court advantage,.......

Im not so sure Kobe's stopping Rip, i mean he's still averaging 19, 8 & 4, still pretty good numbers for your first time in the NBA finals....

Edited by BornToRaiseHell

I understand you guys have not been watching the Pistons but to say one shot can beat them is near idiotic. it has happened to them before many forget in game 1 of the Indiana series, Reggie Miller did the same thing to them in the Eastern Conference finals as Kobe did. What happened they came back and won the next two. They lost in Triple Overtime to the New Jersey nets to go down 2-3 and they came back and won the next two.  This team loves to shut the press up, this is going to be there shot today. The mindset is not going be well Kobe made the last shot and lets roll over for the Lakers. Its going be that of a must win game. I think they will take 2 of the 3 at home. I don?t know how the series will end I hope the pistons win but I can?t really tell.

Oh yeah the answer to Shaq is Okur, I don?t know what Brown has against him but he does not play him much any more. Okur is a very underrated defender and can help control shaq a lot better than the undersized Wallace's.

The difference is this series would be "o-vah" if Detroit hadn't choked away the last 36 seconds on Tuesday. It's also the NBA Finals, a round most of the Pistons had never made it to prior to this season. If they lose tonight, they won't rebound and might just get swept at home.

Oh yeah the answer to Shaq is Okur, I don’t know what Brown has against him but he does not play him much any more. Okur is a very underrated defender and can help control shaq a lot better than the undersized Wallace's.

Okur's a very good player, but with Rasheed his playing time has been cut. He went from starter, to a bench player. However, I think he should be our sixth man right now, not Corliss Williamson. Mehmet is not only a solid defender, but he can also score from anywhere on the court. I also like Mehmet's hustle on the boards.

Guest Hit Man 3120

Luke Walton had his Scalabrineian moment in Game 2. Same thing happened with Croshere. For those two, they failed to score again in the series. Now the Pistons have seen him and will stop him

But the fact that the Pistons had to give Game 2 to the Lakers says something about the Pistons chances. I said after Game 1....this is a series

Guest bukkake bandit

The only question now is, when you get banned AGAIN what name you'll come up with this time pacaveli?

Isn't that his fifth account? Must be an AOL user.

Guest Hit Man 3120

Great start for the Pistons by getting out to the 8-0 lead and have it a 14-9 now. Lakers look flat early and the Pistons have great energy.

And Billups made Gary Payton look awful on the move before that pick & roll when hit his jumper